20-4a Playoff Picture

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1314227" timestamp="1351559884"]
[quote author=COOG8BRONCO link=topic=105304.msg1314224#msg1314224 date=1351559752]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=105304.msg1314203#msg1314203 date=1351558727]
[quote author=COOG8BRONCO link=topic=105304.msg1314196#msg1314196 date=1351558464]
[quote author=dustoff03 link=topic=105304.msg1314183#msg1314183 date=1351557765]
[quote author=COOG8BRONCO link=topic=105304.msg1314178#msg1314178 date=1351557326]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=105304.msg1314170#msg1314170 date=1351556572]
[quote author=COOG8BRONCO link=topic=105304.msg1314102#msg1314102 date=1351550601]
[quote author=robanadana link=topic=105304.msg1313442#msg1313442 date=1351481507]
[quote author=Broncofan65 link=topic=105304.msg1312942#msg1312942 date=1351435558]
The Broncos have been 20-4as Daddy for the last five years I believe with only one loss to Lumberton. I do not see that changing this year. I remember a 62 o 0 score in Nederland a few years back. I do believe Nederland thought they were going to win that game also.  ;D
[/quote]

They must have been the crack-headed daddy last year. We punked y'all to the tune of 3 - 1 in victories. The only team from 19-4A that survived the first round was dayton.
[/quote]Vidor fans, please take not of the BH vs SC game Thursday. Y'all run the same offense and will have a similar result in the first round.
[/quote]
Check your info before you post kid. We don't run the same offense as the barbies.

smh

::)
[/quote]#23 under the center, fake fb, keep or pitch. Triple option offense, same as BH. Wishbone, veer,wing-t, fullhouse, power-i or the slot-t, doesn't matter because it's still a triple option. So unless you run a zone read or spread option YOU RUN THE SAME OFFENSE AS BH. What info were you referring to though, it's always interesting to see you try to make a point?
[/quote]
Clear Brook runs the triple option. Watch one of their games and then tell us the similarities all knowing football God.
[/quote]Did you change the offense from the Crosby game last year? Did you change the offense from the Ned game? I watched the highlights of the Ned vs Vidor game and was at the playoff game. Vidor runs the triple option, and they run it better than any team around here besides North Shore (provided Quirante isn't the reason it's working). The fact that you are even disputing me makes you look dumb, what would you call Vidor's O. What would you call it, " an option with a third choice"? Does Vidor run the stable iso, power, belly, of course but the basis of The Pearl offense is Montana taking the snap and doing his thing which is make good quick decisions. THE TRIPLE OPTION!
[/quote]
Wow kid you really don't know much about offenses do you. There is a big difference between the triple option and slot t. We run the slot t. Not the triple option. We have ran that offense for about 5 years now. Wow!
[/quote]Man, really? The slot-t offense? The slot-t is a formation man, just like the wing-t or regular t-formation. You put in the slot what would otherwise be the player to finish a t formation. You can play one of the backs weak or strong (coaching) which Vidor does to vary the look. The option is the actual style of offense. Once again proving my point, MBG and Liltex the only one's with proper credentials.
[/quote]
The slot t is a style of offense. Your just showing your ignorance here kid. quit while your still got some face to save.
[/quote]Oh really? Google slot-t offense everybody. Click on image results and they will show you an entire diagram of of the base formation, variations with a weak, strong, and i looks with the plays that can be ran from it. They show you the trap and wham base type plays Vidor runs, but like I said though the slot-t is a formation. Whew, face saved!

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="COOG8BRONCO" post="1314237" timestamp="1351560431"]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=105304.msg1314227#msg1314227 date=1351559884]
[quote author=COOG8BRONCO link=topic=105304.msg1314224#msg1314224 date=1351559752]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=105304.msg1314203#msg1314203 date=1351558727]
[quote author=COOG8BRONCO link=topic=105304.msg1314196#msg1314196 date=1351558464]
[quote author=dustoff03 link=topic=105304.msg1314183#msg1314183 date=1351557765]
[quote author=COOG8BRONCO link=topic=105304.msg1314178#msg1314178 date=1351557326]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=105304.msg1314170#msg1314170 date=1351556572]
[quote author=COOG8BRONCO link=topic=105304.msg1314102#msg1314102 date=1351550601]
[quote author=robanadana link=topic=105304.msg1313442#msg1313442 date=1351481507]
[quote author=Broncofan65 link=topic=105304.msg1312942#msg1312942 date=1351435558]
The Broncos have been 20-4as Daddy for the last five years I believe with only one loss to Lumberton. I do not see that changing this year. I remember a 62 o 0 score in Nederland a few years back. I do believe Nederland thought they were going to win that game also.  ;D
[/quote]

They must have been the crack-headed daddy last year. We punked y'all to the tune of 3 - 1 in victories. The only team from 19-4A that survived the first round was dayton.
[/quote]Vidor fans, please take not of the BH vs SC game Thursday. Y'all run the same offense and will have a similar result in the first round.
[/quote]
Check your info before you post kid. We don't run the same offense as the barbies.

smh

::)
[/quote]#23 under the center, fake fb, keep or pitch. Triple option offense, same as BH. Wishbone, veer,wing-t, fullhouse, power-i or the slot-t, doesn't matter because it's still a triple option. So unless you run a zone read or spread option YOU RUN THE SAME OFFENSE AS BH. What info were you referring to though, it's always interesting to see you try to make a point?
[/quote]
Clear Brook runs the triple option. Watch one of their games and then tell us the similarities all knowing football God.
[/quote]Did you change the offense from the Crosby game last year? Did you change the offense from the Ned game? I watched the highlights of the Ned vs Vidor game and was at the playoff game. Vidor runs the triple option, and they run it better than any team around here besides North Shore (provided Quirante isn't the reason it's working). The fact that you are even disputing me makes you look dumb, what would you call Vidor's O. What would you call it, " an option with a third choice"? Does Vidor run the stable iso, power, belly, of course but the basis of The Pearl offense is Montana taking the snap and doing his thing which is make good quick decisions. THE TRIPLE OPTION!
[/quote]
Wow kid you really don't know much about offenses do you. There is a big difference between the triple option and slot t. We run the slot t. Not the triple option. We have ran that offense for about 5 years now. Wow!
[/quote]Man, really? The slot-t offense? The slot-t is a formation man, just like the wing-t or regular t-formation. You put in the slot what would otherwise be the player to finish a t formation. You can play one of the backs weak or strong (coaching) which Vidor does to vary the look. The option is the actual style of offense. Once again proving my point, MBG and Liltex the only one's with proper credentials.
[/quote]
The slot t is a style of offense. Your just showing your ignorance here kid. quit while your still got some face to save.
[/quote]Oh really? Google slot-t offense everybody. Click on image results and they will show you an entire diagram of of the base formation, variations with a weak, strong, and i looks with the plays that can be ran from it. They show you the trap and wham base type plays Vidor runs, but like I said though the slot-t is a formation. Whew, face saved!
[/quote]
The triple option is an American football scheme used to offer multiple ways to progress the football forward in the field of play. The triple option is based on the option run, but uses three players who may run with the ball instead of the two that are used in the standard option run.

The triple option forces defenses to worry about multiple running options on a single play. For the offense, the decision of who is to carry the ball – which option to use – is made during the play by the quarterback (QB). The QB makes the decision whether to give the ball to the fullback (FB) or to keep the ball based on what the defensive end (DE) does. If the DE pinches down, the QB pulls the ball. If the DE runs straight upfield or directly at the QB then the QB gives the ball to the FB. The triple option can be complemented by fixed running plays which look like the triple option when they start but use traditional blocking, as well as play-action passing.

[b]There are three basic forms of triple option: the wishbone triple option, the veer triple option, and the I formation triple option. [/b] These differ in terms of the personnel on the field and their positioning prior to the beginning of the play.

tell me where you saw Vidor run this. and tell me when we ran with the qb having the option to decide. our plays are called, period, the qb doesn't take the snap and then decide to keep it or pitch it(the option). and we have 4 backs in the mix.

[quote name="cougar14" post="1314259" timestamp="1351561999"]
https://www.google.com/search?q=slot-t+formation&hl=en&prmd=imvns&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=uDKPUOPpI4PAyAGgtIDQDw&ved=0CCsQsAQ&biw=1366&bih=667
[/quote]
we know what the slot-t formations are. trust me, we run it. but they are not the same as the triple option which is run out of the veer,power i and wishbone (these are option formations). we run misdirection.

We have started running the option this year but we run it often, I'd say less than a handful our times a game. Or offense is mainly misdirection (counters and traps), which like the option outs designed to take advantage of over aggressive, undisciplined defenses.

Who cares what the name of the offense is? Vidor runs it and they run it well! I agree with the Pirate fans for the most part that it is a misdirection offense with a lot of fakes and disguised handoffs vs. the triple option which involves a lot of pitches. Rarely when we have played Vidor do I remember much wide running with the option to pitch. Call it the oopty oop or whatever you want, but when the Pirates are clicking on offense they are tough to stop. They are definitely not a team you want to fall behind against. I have a question for Vidor fans.. How many total passes have been thrown this season? I know y'all threw it 16 times vs. Nederland, but what is the TOTAL for the season? I think that will give outsiders an indication of how successful the offense is, no matter what they want to call it or how they want to describe it. :-)

[quote name="jake94" post="1314283" timestamp="1351564168"]
Who cares what the name of the offense is? Vidor runs it and they run it well! I agree with the Pirate fans for the most part that it is a misdirection offense with a lot of fakes and disguised handoffs vs. the triple option which involves a lot of pitches. Rarely when we have played Vidor do I remember much wide running with the option to pitch. Call it the oopty oop or whatever you want, but when the Pirates are clicking on offense they are tough to stop. They are definitely not a team you want to fall behind against. I have a question for Vidor fans.. How many total passes have been thrown this season? I know y'all threw it 16 times vs. Nederland, but what is the TOTAL for the season? I think that will give outsiders an indication of how successful the offense is, no matter what they want to call it or how they want to describe it. :-)
[/quote]
we have thrown 35 times. but that's because we rarely have to.

so, Ozen won and their last game is against LR(THEY SHOULD WIN) finishing 3-4
if central wins against lc-m and then loses to ned(likely) they finish 3-4
with an lc-m loss to central and then vidor, they finish 3-4.
points go to Ozen, right?

which means a central V doesn't mean anything without an Ozen loss.
LC-M is win and in. they are the only ones that control their destiny.

correct me if i'm wrong.

[quote name="dustoff03" post="1318328" timestamp="1351932847"]
so, Ozen won and their last game is against LR(THEY SHOULD WIN) finishing 3-4
if central wins against lc-m and then loses to ned(likely) they finish 3-4
with an lc-m loss to central and then vidor, they finish 3-4.
points go to Ozen, right?

which means a central V doesn't mean anything without an Ozen loss.
LC-M is win and in. they are the only ones that control their destiny.

correct me if i'm wrong.
[/quote]

That's what I was thinking too. Ozen is NOT completely eliminated and needs help from Central tonight and Ned and Vid next week. We still have a shot!!

Ozen needs a Central win against LCM and win against Lumberton next week and losses by LCM vs Vidor and loss by Central vs Nederland and they are in cause they have the tie breaker points advantage, Ozen beat Central by 20 and loss to LCM by 6 they are a +14, the best Central can do is +1 LCM would have to win against Vidor next week if they were to lose to Central tonight. LCM wins tonight and it is settled. Looks to me Central would have to win both tonight and against Nederland to have any chance.

[quote name="MrUmp1" post="1318439" timestamp="1351951079"]
Ozen needs a Central win against LCM and win against Lumberton next week and losses by LCM vs Vidor and loss by Central vs Nederland and they are in cause they have the tie breaker points advantage, Ozen beat Central by 20 and loss to LCM by 6 they are a +14, the best Central can do is +1 LCM would have to win against Vidor next week if they were to lose to Central tonight. LCM wins tonight and it is settled. Looks to me Central would have to win both tonight and against Nederland to have any chance.
[/quote]
At first you your thinking Ozen doesn't really have a shot, just mathmatically still alive, but they really have a good shot at getting in. Ozen should beat Lumberton, LCM will lose to Vidor and Central will lose to Nederland, so the only question is can Central beat LCM to make all this happen, I think they have a shot, but with Central this year you don't know what Central team will show up.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder