West Sabine at San Augustine Game Thread/SA wins 20-8!!!!

WOSgrad

[quote name="SAWolverine" post="1311483" timestamp="1351308817"]
Good game Wolves.  Lets get this championship.  Crow Cafe open West Sabine....watch Grapeland take that 3rd playoff spot!
[/quote]

Congrats on the win. Tell me something though: when your DB tackles and holds our WR in front of the back judge, isn't that interference( a three armed, one eyed baboon could've made that call)? And also when you tackle someone by the neck from behind, isn't that a horse collar? And thirdly on the 2 point conversion I saw our player CLEARLY reach the ball over the pylon before going out of bounds. Before ANYONE says this smacks of sour grapes I witnessed this from the SIDELINES, not the bleachers. I know I will catch flak for this, but quite frankly I don't care. Bring on whatever you want to say, and it will be promptly IGNORED in the order it was sent, so you won't get a rise out of me(no matter WHAT you say, but go ahead and say it).The game will go down in the books as a "clean" game with few penalties(I kept the offensive stats for both teams), but I know better. But like I said earlier, congrats on the win.

[quote name="pinelandflash" post="1311604" timestamp="1351311166"]
[quote author=SAWolverine link=topic=105296.msg1311483#msg1311483 date=1351308817]
Good game Wolves.  Lets get this championship.  Crow Cafe open West Sabine....watch Grapeland take that 3rd playoff spot!
[/quote]

Congrats on the win. Tell me something though: when your DB tackles and holds our WR in front of the back judge, isn't that interference( a three armed, one eyed baboon could've made that call)? And also when you tackle someone by the neck from behind, isn't that a horse collar? And thirdly on the 2 point conversion I saw our player CLEARLY reach the ball over the pylon before going out of bounds. Before ANYONE says this smacks of sour grapes I witnessed this from the SIDELINES, not the bleachers. I know I will catch flak for this, but quite frankly I don't care. Bring on whatever you want to say, and it will be promptly IGNORED in the order it was sent, so you won't get a rise out of me(no matter WHAT you say, but go ahead and say it).The game will go down in the books as a "clean" game with few penalties(I kept the offensive stats for both teams), but I know better. But like I said earlier, congrats on the win.
[/quote]
Tell me something though: Is West Sabine on a 2 game losing streak? Is West Sabine going to battle for the 3rd playoff spot? Has West Sabine been completely shut down by SA two years in a row? Has West Sabine scored an offensive TD on SA in the last 2 years? Do teams that get beat by better teams find ways to make excuses? Did the referees play offensive line for West Sabine? Does SA have more speed than West Sabine? Just wondering....

[quote name="pinelandflash" post="1311604" timestamp="1351311166"]
[quote author=SAWolverine link=topic=105296.msg1311483#msg1311483 date=1351308817]
[/quote]

Congrats on the win. Tell me something though: when your DB tackles and holds our WR in front of the back judge, isn't that interference( a three armed, one eyed baboon could've made that call)? And also when you tackle someone by the neck from behind, isn't that a horse collar? And thirdly on the 2 point conversion I saw our player CLEARLY reach the ball over the pylon before going out of bounds. Before ANYONE  says this smacks of sour grapes I witnessed this from the SIDELINES, not the bleachers. I know I will catch flak for this, but quite frankly I don't care. Bring on whatever you want to say, and it will be promptly IGNORED in the order it was sent, so you won't get a rise out of me(no matter WHAT you say, but go ahead and say it).The game will go down in the books as a "clean" game with few penalties(I kept the offensive stats for both teams), but I know better. But like I said earlier, congrats on the win.
[/quote]

I was on the sideline too....I saw him grab the front of the jersey and pull him down.  Sa had the little pups number...you couldn't hit the end zone regardless.  The ws pups oline held the whole night....so quit whining.

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1311774" timestamp="1351318086"]
welp, didnt see this one coming either
[/quote]
That's ok, your coin just leaned the wrong way! When you play a cush schedule like WS has played it doesn't do much to prepare you for teams like SA and Alto! IMO the refs did a pretty good job of letting these two teams play ball last night. Good job Wolves, now time to play for that District Championship!

No excuses here, SA is the better team.  I truly don't believe WS is playing as well now as say when they played Teneha and they may have peaked too early.  I'm not using this as an excuse because I still don't believe they would have beaten SA.  SA exposed a real weakness for WS and that is the offensive line, it was unreal how quick the SA defense shot the gaps and got to Lacey and they absolutely made Nick Williams a non-factor.  WS looked scared from the beginning to end, and I honestly mean SCARED!  If WS does not get things together then they can forget the playoffs and look to an early basketball season!!

BTW, since district began I have NOT been impressed much at all out of ANY of the teams in this district, I dont see anyone getting past the third round coming out of our district.  I really hope I'm wrong.

[quote name="STINGER" post="1313546" timestamp="1351516602"]
No excuses here, SA is the better team.  I truly don't believe WS is playing as well now as say when they played Teneha and they may have peaked too early.  I'm not using this as an excuse because I still don't believe they would have beaten SA.  SA exposed a real weakness for WS and that is the offensive line, it was unreal how quick the SA defense shot the gaps and got to Lacey and they absolutely made Nick Williams a non-factor.  WS looked scared from the beginning to end, and I honestly mean SCARED!  If WS does not get things together then they can forget the playoffs and look to an early basketball season!!

BTW, since district began I have NOT been impressed much at all out of ANY of the teams in this district, I dont see anyone getting past the third round coming out of our district.  I really hope I'm wrong.
[/quote]

I disagree on some points you make here.  I don't think WS is playing as well now as they were, and it is not competition level related completely.  The line has been very nicked up, and Williams didn't play much of the game after twisting his knee in a non contact situation on the second play.  WS predistrict schedule looked pretty good before the season started.  They played what was a good Kelly team a year ago, Tenaha, need I say more, Hemphill & Burkeville is a tradition that they all but must play.  Hemphill was playing pretty well at that time.  Most people over there will tell you, that losing to WS in many ways, killed there season.  Then with Twine going down, there was nothing left mentally.

[quote name="500nomore" post="1313938" timestamp="1351539303"]
[quote author=STINGER link=topic=105296.msg1313546#msg1313546 date=1351516602]

[/quote]

I disagree on some points you make here.  I don't think WS is playing as well now as they were, and it is not competition level related completely.  The line has been very nicked up, and Williams didn't play much of the game after twisting his knee in a non contact situation on the second play.  WS predistrict schedule looked pretty good before the season started.  They played what was a good Kelly team a year ago, Tenaha, need I say more, Hemphill & Burkeville is a tradition that they all but must play.  Hemphill was playing pretty well at that time.  Most people over there will tell you, that losing to WS in many ways, killed there season.  Then with Twine going down, there was nothing left mentally.
[/quote]I think you misread my post.  I said that "I truly [b]don't[/b] believe WS is playing as well now as say when they played Teneha and they may have peaked too early".  Hey, I love WS and I am not knocking them just stating what I believe to be my honest opinion and real.  I agree with you on the predistrict schedule out of 5 games two of those were against state champs from less than a year ago.........  You would think that both of those teams would be tough (Teneha is tough).

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder