West Orange-Stark defense best in state

[quote name="mighymouse490" post="1312342" timestamp="1351367294"]
[quote author=Gasilla link=topic=105257.msg1311538#msg1311538 date=1351309880]
[quote author=Sloe link=topic=105257.msg1311187#msg1311187 date=1351304734]
[quote author=mighymouse490 link=topic=105257.msg1311158#msg1311158 date=1351304388]
well,when your schedule isn't exactly "hard" i hope your defense will look good  ::)
[/quote] ;)
[/quote]

Haters gonna hate
[/quote]

post up the schedule and look at the teams. yes,they play who they gotta play,but to say they have the best defense in the state?? yeah right. i know some jv teams could hold those teams scoreless.
[/quote]

That's funny.  One of WO-S' shutout victims is also on PAM's schedule.  Has Coach Harrison gone to scheduling teams that should be playing only on the JV schedule?

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="mighymouse490" post="1312342" timestamp="1351367294"]
[quote author=Gasilla link=topic=105257.msg1311538#msg1311538 date=1351309880]
[quote author=Sloe link=topic=105257.msg1311187#msg1311187 date=1351304734]
[quote author=mighymouse490 link=topic=105257.msg1311158#msg1311158 date=1351304388]
well,when your schedule isn't exactly "hard" i hope your defense will look good  ::)
[/quote] ;)
[/quote]

Haters gonna hate
[/quote]

post up the schedule and look at the teams. yes,they play who they gotta play,but to say they have the best defense in the state?? yeah right. i know some jv teams could hold those teams scoreless.
[/quote]

Central averages 25+ points a game playing 5a school in non district
LC-M averages 29+ points
The only other teams to shut out HF and HJ was Bridge City
WO-S is the only team to shutout Buna and OF all season

T-Dawd... didn't your team get beat by a team we shut out? And Mouse, didn't Central put 20 something on PAM??? Like I said, HATERS GONNA HATE. Maybe they don't have winning records, but it was dang sure something your teams couldn't accomplish. "Impress" on that... LOL

Wos do not have the best D in the state get off the hype you haven't played anyone yeah coldspring lost to LCM let me see them do it twice but but shut out a good team then ill put yall in the conversation you won't make it to state coldspring la marque navasota are simply better teams so stop the hype i know wos fans are going to have a lot to say but i don't care you haven't played a good team yet so STOOOOOP damn y'all had the same hopes last year. And we ended yall SEASON

[quote name="trojans2012" post="1312947" timestamp="1351436203"]
Wos do not have the best D in the state get off the hype you haven't played anyone yeah coldspring lost to LCM let me see them do it twice but but shut out a good team then ill put yall in the conversation you won't make it to state coldspring la marque navasota are simply better teams so stop the hype i know wos fans are going to have a lot to say but i don't care you haven't played a good team yet so STOOOOOP dang y'all had the same hopes last year. And we ended yall SEASON
[/quote]

Dude...really??? First, Just focus in class tomorrow and stay off the board..obviously you need it VERY badly. Second, do well in practice tomorrow and keep winning. You might get your chance to face the 'Stangs again. Third, you have beat us TWICE, we have donkey stomped yall a few times. Third, We have been winning for 30 years, yall..3. Get a few more wins on us and maybe, maybe you can tell us how horrible WOS is. Lastly, good luck!

the lc-m bears say put your money where your mouth is we were at this game and must say you played the best game so far this year and still could not pull it out  the bears had to much speed for you ---- see you around maybe.dont play in the past becouse thats history

[quote name="trojans2012" post="1312947" timestamp="1351436203"]
Wos do not have the best D in the state get off the hype you haven't played anyone yeah coldspring lost to LCM let me see them do it twice but but shut out a good team then ill put yall in the conversation you won't make it to state coldspring la marque navasota are simply better teams so stop the hype i know wos fans are going to have a lot to say but i don't care you haven't played a good team yet so STOOOOOP dang y'all had the same hopes last year. And we ended yall SEASON
[/quote]Gonna have my son take this to second grade class tomorrow and get it deciphered.  Geez, where do they get some of these people.

[quote name="kicker" post="1312960" timestamp="1351436857"]
[quote author=trojans2012 link=topic=105257.msg1312947#msg1312947 date=1351436203]
[/quote]

Dude...really??? First, Just focus in class tomorrow and stay off the board..obviously you need it VERY badly. Second, do well in practice tomorrow and keep winning. You might get your chance to face the 'Stangs again. [b]Third, you have beat us ONCE[/b], we have donkey stomped yall a few times. Third, We have been winning for 30 years, yall..3. Get a few more wins on us and maybe, maybe you can tell us how horrible WOS is. Lastly, good luck!
[/quote]

Actually, Coldspring currently has a 2 game win streak over WO-S. Coldspring won 41-36 in 2009 Bi-District and then last year in Regional semis 35-13.

Back to the article, I think the jest of it was simply that WO-S has given up the fewest points of any team in any classification across the state so far in the season. If that considers them the best in state, so be it.

Bottom line, WO-S has a great defense and there is no denying that fact.

[quote name="Gasilla" post="1312992" timestamp="1351440440"]
[quote author=trojans2012 link=topic=105257.msg1312947#msg1312947 date=1351436203]
yeah coldspring lost to LCM let me see them do it twice [/quote]

Boy, if there were just such a thing as "do overs"... Hilarious!
[/quote]

What he said Gas, was that he would like to see Coldspring lose again....i think...lol

Let's be clear about something. Look at the beginning of this thread. WOS fans NEVER said we had the best defense in the state. The article in the enterprise did based on facts. Let's look at the facts:

1. The sky is blue today.
2. WOS's defense has allowed the least amount of points (20), of any team, any class in the state.
3. WOS has 6 shutouts.
4. They shut out LCM and Central.

All we are doing is admiring the facts. People who say we are not the best in the state are arguing with facts....wow. I'm pretty sure if we were talking about PAM, Nederland or someone else, we wouldn't be having this argument. But as Gasilla said earlier, "Haters are gonna Hate...

[quote name="liltex" post="1312945" timestamp="1351435814"]
That's a pretty bold statement if you consider schedule strength.Best in SETX=YES.Sure gives future opponenents some ammo to shoot at.I want to see how they handle Silsbee 8)
[/quote]If your Dayton, which I think you are, you don't need to be talking about strength of schedule, really.

[quote name="PhatMack19" post="1310670" timestamp="1351290248"]
[quote author=bigdog link=topic=105257.msg1310665#msg1310665 date=1351289747]
WOS didn't play Ned this year.
[/quote]

It said Crouch's squad which is LC-M.

If the article is correct and Jasper scored on a fumble return then the WO-S D has only allowed 13 points all year.  Turnovers shouldn't count against the defense.
[/quote] actually when the kid from jasper reached across the goal line refs originally called fumble. Then the kid get the touchdown  for reaching across

[quote name="skipper" post="1313002" timestamp="1351441935"]
i am willing to bet coldspring scouting team will be at silsbee in full force when that times comes do i have any takers
[/quote]
I doubt Coldspring will be scouting WOS against Silsbee.  Coldspring won't see WOS until round 4 if they both get there.  CS will possibly have to go through Bridge City, LaMarque, and Navasota to get the chance to play WOS. 

Back to this thread!
Currently, WOS has the best defense in the state as far as points scored against them.  Period.  Doesn't matter who they played, they have the best numbers.  At this point last year, Coldspring was in a similiar position, and made it deep in the playoffs.  We will have to wait and see how this plays out for WOS.  Remember that this is high school football and wierd things can happen.  Good luck to the Mustangs and hope to see you in the playoffs wk 4.

[quote name="TROJANSWIN" post="1313148" timestamp="1351458807"]
[quote author=skipper link=topic=105257.msg1313002#msg1313002 date=1351441935]
i am willing to bet coldspring scouting team will be at silsbee in full force when that times comes do i have any takers
[/quote]
I doubt Coldspring will be scouting WOS against Silsbee.  Coldspring won't see WOS until round 4 if they both get there.  CS will possibly have to go through Bridge City, LaMarque, and Navasota to get the chance to play WOS. 

Back to this thread!
Currently, WOS has the best defense in the state as far as points scored against them.  Period.  Doesn't matter who they played, they have the best numbers.  At this point last year, Coldspring was in a similiar position, and made it deep in the playoffs.  We will have to wait and see how this plays out for WOS.  Remember that this is high school football and wierd things can happen.  Good luck to the Mustangs and hope to see you in the playoffs wk 4.
[/quote]

If Madisonville beats Taylor, Navasota goes D1.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin