West Orange-Stark defense best in state

I still believe that we would give PAM a quality game and IMO think we would beat West Brook this year. AS far as Coldspring you had a great backfield the past two seasons, it's gone. The past two years you would never have lost to LC-M. You can't lose that kind of firepower and expect to be the same. Navasota has played a couple of good teams but their schedule strength isn't exactly great either. If WOS was SOOOOO weak how did we make it to the quarters last year with a young team?

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="mat" post="1313493" timestamp="1351510831"]
The Beaumont Enterprise article said WOS was the best defense in the state. For those of you that disagree, you should give them a call and let them know they are wrong.
[/quote]Yes but evidently they haven't seen Navasota.

[quote name="Majestyk" post="1313912" timestamp="1351536878"]
[quote author=mat link=topic=105257.msg1313493#msg1313493 date=1351510831]
The Beaumont Enterprise article said WOS was the best defense in the state. For those of you that disagree, you should give them a call and let them know they are wrong.
[/quote]
I'm pretty sure they have,Navasota is in the state of Texas...... going by the article

[quote name="One4All" post="1313926" timestamp="1351537740"]
[quote author=Majestyk link=topic=105257.msg1313912#msg1313912 date=1351536878]
[quote author=mat link=topic=105257.msg1313493#msg1313493 date=1351510831]
[/quote]
I'm pretty sure they have,Navasota is in the state of Texas...... going by the article
[/quote]I believe the article, just saying there was an expert on here earlier (don't know if he was a college or maybe pro scout) saying Navasota was as good or better.  Another one of those "my team aint good enough so I'll go over here" people.  Just sayin.

[quote name="Txdragon" post="1313895" timestamp="1351535846"]
I still believe that we would give PAM a quality game and IMO think we would beat West Brook this year. AS far as Coldspring you had a great backfield the past two seasons, it's gone. The past two years you would never have lost to LC-M. You can't lose that kind of firepower and expect to be the same. Navasota has played a couple of good teams but their schedule strength isn't exactly great either. If WOS was SOOOOO weak how did we make it to the quarters last year with a young team?
[/quote]
Look at who you played to get to the regional finals. And you will luck out again this year with the easy side of the bracket. As far as a great backfield gone for Coldspring, look at the stats including this last game. Instead of just two backs taking the bulk of the carries, the have 4 backs rotating in and out. And Cooper I believe has gone over 1,000 yards already. WOS´s D is good no doubt, so let´s say Coldspring dosen´t sub their starters like WOS dosen´t sub their D. The stats would be off the charts with 100´s on the scoreboard. Then there would be talk about Coldspring having the best O in the state because of the stats. Would that be right? No it wouldn't.

[quote name="T-Dawd" post="1313939" timestamp="1351539344"]
[quote author=Txdragon link=topic=105257.msg1313895#msg1313895 date=1351535846]
[/quote]
Look at who you played to get to the regional finals. And you will luck out again this year with the easy side of the bracket. As far as a great backfield gone for Coldspring, look at the stats including this last game. Instead of just two backs taking the bulk of the carries, the have 4 backs rotating in and out. And Cooper I believe has gone over 1,000 yards already. WOS´s D is good no doubt, so let´s say Coldspring dosen´t sub their starters like WOS dosen´t sub their D. The stats would be off the charts with 100´s on the scoreboard. Then there would be talk about Coldspring having the best O in the state because of the stats. Would that be right? No it wouldn't.
[/quote]

Yeah. But the 2 backs you had last year are better than the 4 backs you have this year. Your record proves it.....fact

Everybody that knows me on here knows I'm a put up or shut up type of guy, if your team or a team you feel in your heart can beat WOS let me know how much money to put up and where to pick up my winnings afterwards its that simple, and I find it also makes guys who are just running their mouth hush up kinda quick.

[quote name="T-Dawd" post="1314000" timestamp="1351543524"]
I would bet you would not make it out of the region. Whoever you would play.
[/quote]

Like I said put your money where your mouth is. And also let's add a Coldspring stipulantion to it, I bet we go further then you guys?

[quote name="jkbtjc53" post="1313842" timestamp="1351532866"]
[quote author=mighymouse490 link=topic=105257.msg1313641#msg1313641 date=1351520568]
[quote author=jkbtjc53 link=topic=105257.msg1313338#msg1313338 date=1351472533]
7 kids from WOS's defense will be playing college football next year on scholarship 7!!!! Who else can say that from 5A-1A?? I don't think anybody, pleas stop hating and congradulate the mustangs and if they aren't playing your team root for them, they have a rare collection of talent that not many 5A teams get a chance to see on defense let alone at the 3A level. Talked to a coach from a school withing the district, he said this Mustang defense and the talent it has on it this year only comes around once every 10-15 years at this level, and I can't agree more
[/quote]

(on my bullhorn)please put down and step away from the crack pipe sir!!  who else from 5A-1A?? really??? PAM does that every year. what's your point?? north shore mustangs have the same. some wo-s fans have the big fish in the small pond mentality. get outside that pond and you are nothing. start moving north of orange co and you become the weak teams you been thumpin your chest about beating. i know the TEAM only can play who they put in front of them,but these FANS, just stop,you really look dumb. LOOK AT THE SCHEDULE!! LOOK AT THOSE TEAMS!!! now,i can see if you went through and beat the breaks off of lamarque,stephenville,gilmer,coldspring,or since ya'll THINK wo-s can beat PAM or Brook for that matter. i wish the kids luck and this is not aimed at them,but these dilusional fans. and yes the puppy toilet paper is wrong and so are the fans who believe that wo-s is the best defense in the state...they are not the best 3a defense in the state!!  why?? that schedule that would probably rank in triple digits of the power rankings,is why!! smoke and mirrors 100%. jasper so far,is about the only team i can give wo-s a quality win over. silsbee is the other quality team on the schedule. can't wait to wo-s get tossed out the playoffs like a drunk gets tossed out of a bar >:(
[/quote]

You see to a normal message board fan your tirad would have shut most up, but with me being who I am, I decided to go do some research, and the results show once again how good WOS s on the field and when it comes to putting kids in school. If you go to rivals.com and type in both schools in the database and look up all the defenseive kids who have scholarships and did sign a D-1 or D-1AA scholarship from both North Shore and WOS since 2006 North Shore has only 3 more defensive players that went to college then that of WOS. The count was 16-13, giving how much smaller WOS is then North Shore that is incredible! And I did count the class of 2013 into both teams totals, and for the class of 2013 WOS has six kids with scholarships North Shore has two.

Now with all that said I'm not saying WOS is North Shore or better then North Shore, just saying speak facts! And Don't just come on here rambling off at the mouth because someone might check your answers.
[/quote]

You missed the point. first off rivals is NOT a reliable source. it had channelview beating the breaks off PAM and said they out scored us blah blah,we all know what happend and that was not a prediction.that was after they played. now,since you want to "dig up facts", wait till febuary and lets see how many players other schools will have. schools are still looking at kids. some players are waiting to committ or sign after the season. also you the one that tried to make it seem that wo-s was so special with this defense. trust me they are not the only team in texas that have 7 defensive players going to the next level. somewhere there is an undefeated team that is not ranked because they dont have a "brand name" to helped them in the rankings,example wo-s. so best defense...lets see...ANY SCHOOLS THAT HAVE ZERO LOSSES HAVE A DAMN GOOD DEFENSE. oh by the way,in 21-5A, with likes of NS,LP,DP,WB,which would ALL roll on wo-s, guess who's defense is #1?? PAM!!! then again,you don't see us beating on our chest like gorillas. the real evaluation of wo-s starts week 10 and yes,till they lose in the PO. if they are as good as the surprise and wo-psychos think they are, win a championship...i'll end it with this..."defense wins championships"...now wo-s have NO excuse since they have the best in the state,which means they should be able to stop Katy too smh...

[quote name="jkbtjc53" post="1313966" timestamp="1351540682"]
Everybody that knows me on here knows I'm a put up or shut up type of guy, if your team or a team you feel in your heart can beat WOS let me know how much money to put up and where to pick up my winnings afterwards its that simple, and I find it also makes guys who are just running their mouth hush up kinda quick.
[/quote]

okay,i'll shut that trap!! a c-note if LM and wo-s meet up. if loser doesn't pay,BANNED FOR A YEAR...my money is on LM!!

LM as in THE lamarque cougers!!! 5 STATE TITLES WITH A CRAP LOAD OF APPERENCES!! oh how many wo-s got?? 2?? too bad.

[quote name="mighymouse490" post="1314030" timestamp="1351545347"]
[quote author=jkbtjc53 link=topic=105257.msg1313842#msg1313842 date=1351532866]
[quote author=mighymouse490 link=topic=105257.msg1313641#msg1313641 date=1351520568]
7 kids from WOS's defense will be playing college football next year on scholarship 7!!!! Who else can say that from 5A-1A?? I don't think anybody, pleas stop hating and congradulate the mustangs and if they aren't playing your team root for them, they have a rare collection of talent that not many 5A teams get a chance to see on defense let alone at the 3A level. Talked to a coach from a school withing the district, he said this Mustang defense and the talent it has on it this year only comes around once every 10-15 years at this level, and I can't agree more
[/quote]

(on my bullhorn)please put down and step away from the crack pipe sir!!  who else from 5A-1A?? really??? PAM does that every year. what's your point?? north shore mustangs have the same. some wo-s fans have the big fish in the small pond mentality. get outside that pond and you are nothing. start moving north of orange co and you become the weak teams you been thumpin your chest about beating. i know the TEAM only can play who they put in front of them,but these FANS, just stop,you really look dumb. LOOK AT THE SCHEDULE!! LOOK AT THOSE TEAMS!!! now,i can see if you went through and beat the breaks off of lamarque,stephenville,gilmer,coldspring,or since ya'll THINK wo-s can beat PAM or Brook for that matter. i wish the kids luck and this is not aimed at them,but these dilusional fans. and yes the puppy toilet paper is wrong and so are the fans who believe that wo-s is the best defense in the state...they are not the best 3a defense in the state!!  why?? that schedule that would probably rank in triple digits of the power rankings,is why!! smoke and mirrors 100%. jasper so far,is about the only team i can give wo-s a quality win over. silsbee is the other quality team on the schedule. can't wait to wo-s get tossed out the playoffs like a drunk gets tossed out of a bar >:(
[/quote]

You see to a normal message board fan your tirad would have shut most up, but with me being who I am, I decided to go do some research, and the results show once again how good WOS s on the field and when it comes to putting kids in school. If you go to rivals.com and type in both schools in the database and look up all the defenseive kids who have scholarships and did sign a D-1 or D-1AA scholarship from both North Shore and WOS since 2006 North Shore has only 3 more defensive players that went to college then that of WOS. The count was 16-13, giving how much smaller WOS is then North Shore that is incredible! And I did count the class of 2013 into both teams totals, and for the class of 2013 WOS has six kids with scholarships North Shore has two.

Now with all that said I'm not saying WOS is North Shore or better then North Shore, just saying speak facts! And Don't just come on here rambling off at the mouth because someone might check your answers.
[/quote]

You missed the point. first off rivals is NOT a reliable source. it had channelview beating the breaks off PAM and said they out scored us blah blah,we all know what happend and that was not a prediction.that was after they played. now,since you want to "dig up facts", wait till febuary and lets see how many players other schools will have. schools are still looking at kids. some players are waiting to committ or sign after the season. also you the one that tried to make it seem that wo-s was so special with this defense. trust me they are not the only team in texas that have 7 defensive players going to the next level. somewhere there is an undefeated team that is not ranked because they dont have a "brand name" to helped them in the rankings,example wo-s. so best defense...lets see...ANY SCHOOLS THAT HAVE ZERO LOSSES HAVE A DAMN GOOD DEFENSE. oh by the way,in 21-5A, with likes of NS,LP,DP,WB,which would ALL roll on wo-s, guess who's defense is #1?? PAM!!! then again,you don't see us beating on our chest like gorillas. the real evaluation of wo-s starts week 10 and yes,till they lose in the PO. if they are as good as the surprise and wo-psychos think they are, win a championship...i'll end it with this..."defense wins championships"...now wo-s have NO excuse since they have the best in the state,which means they should be able to stop Katy too smh...
[/quote]

ORANGE was to combine all of their schools , mighymouse4 it would get ugly for you ...
you should be the South East Texas powerhouse , with having all schools in 1...lol

[quote name="Majestyk" post="1314035" timestamp="1351545723"]
How many points did PAM give up to Central.  WO-S gave up zero.
[/quote]

once again,if you wasn't at the game or don't post the box score,then don't make a statement like that. PAM moved the ball at will and with ease. wo-s didn't. the score was 23-13 PAM mid fourth. there was noway central was going to win. mitchell caught us slipping and threw a bomb for a td. game was never in question and it was the first game of the year with a new inexperienced line and new qb and they still looked good. what's wo-s excuse?? if wo-s stark is the #1 defense, i gues central was #2 to hold wo-s to 14 points and that was late in the game.

[quote name="One4All" post="1314039" timestamp="1351545964"]
[quote author=mighymouse490 link=topic=105257.msg1314030#msg1314030 date=1351545347]
[quote author=jkbtjc53 link=topic=105257.msg1313842#msg1313842 date=1351532866]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

ORANGE was to combine all of their schools , mighymouse4 it would get ugly for you ...
you should be the South East Texas powerhouse , with having all schools in 1...lol
[/quote]

foolish statement. don't worry the wal mart in wo ain't so popular nowadays and wo-s and lc-m will beone,but will still be lc-m,not Orange High...NS has 4k+ kids...they only have one ring. katy don't win it every year. big difference between 3A ball and 5A ball,so don't go there,you will only look ridiculous. oh and PAM IS THE POWERHOUSE OF THE TRIANGLE. take all the hate out of your heart and NOBODY  in the triangle can beat them since stump took his kids and ball home. wo-s would want us to cut half the players and play both ways,sorry we are big boy school,don't like the numbers game?? stay in your lane,in your little pond,in your world of unicorns and fairys.

[quote name="mighymouse490" post="1314041" timestamp="1351546112"]
[quote author=Majestyk link=topic=105257.msg1314036#msg1314036 date=1351545827]
I think last time WO-S played LaMarque WO-S kicked that butt.
[/quote]

LM won two rings in 9 nine years and was at jerry's world two years ago. wo-s won two....in the 80's ::). what have you done for me lately??
[/quote]
what have you Ever  done

[quote name="One4All" post="1314046" timestamp="1351546393"]
[quote author=mighymouse490 link=topic=105257.msg1314041#msg1314041 date=1351546112]
[quote author=Majestyk link=topic=105257.msg1314036#msg1314036 date=1351545827]
I think last time WO-S played LaMarque WO-S kicked that butt.
[/quote]

LM won two rings in 9 nine years and was at jerry's world two years ago. wo-s won two....in the 80's ::). what have you done for me lately??
[/quote]
what have you Ever  done
[/quote]

what have I done?? i'm a 37 year old man that is living the so called american dream and have a beautiful family with a career as a paramedic that i would not trade for the world. i have other feats too,but what that has to do with LM whippin the snot out of wo-s?? that's fact,since ya'll like to throw that around. LM has won more state championships than wo-s with most or all of them should i say,being more recent. promise you this. wo-s "brand name" is popular right there in the triangle. LM,that "brand name" is popular all over the state. ask a hs football fan in the middle of texas who's more popular wo-s or LM and get back to me.

[quote name="Txdragon" post="1314050" timestamp="1351546811"]
LaMarque better worry more about Columbia (who rolled Sweeney) while the vaulted Cougars only beat them 19-0. Lamarque has played a pretty easy schedule also. I do believe Cs beat them while LC-M beat Cs and WOS beat LC-M.
[/quote]

not making excuses,but the teams only play who is in front of them. not an excuse,but LMISD barly have money to pay it's teachers. the game they played in dallas had to be funded by boosters and none of the aux. went cause they had no way of getting there. they play within a 100 mile radius of the school. the dallas game was off at one point till boosters raised the money to make the trip. everything else is blah blah blah.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder