West Orange-Stark defense best in state

[quote name="WO-S 89" post="1313311" timestamp="1351469996"]
[quote author=TROJANSWIN link=topic=105257.msg1313148#msg1313148 date=1351458807]
[quote author=skipper link=topic=105257.msg1313002#msg1313002 date=1351441935]
i am willing to bet coldspring scouting team will be at silsbee in full force when that times comes do i have any takers
[/quote]
I doubt Coldspring will be scouting WOS against Silsbee.  Coldspring won't see WOS until round 4 if they both get there.  CS will possibly have to go through Bridge City, LaMarque, and Navasota to get the chance to play WOS. 

Back to this thread!
Currently, WOS has the best defense in the state as far as points scored against them.  Period.  Doesn't matter who they played, they have the best numbers.  At this point last year, Coldspring was in a similiar position, and made it deep in the playoffs.  We will have to wait and see how this plays out for WOS.  Remember that this is high school football and wierd things can happen.  Good luck to the Mustangs and hope to see you in the playoffs wk 4.
[/quote]

If Madisonville beats Taylor, Navasota goes D1.
[/quote]
If your aunt had testicles she'd be your uncle.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 kids from WOS's defense will be playing college football next year on scholarship 7!!!! Who else can say that from 5A-1A?? I don't think anybody, pleas stop hating and congradulate the mustangs and if they aren't playing your team root for them, they have a rare collection of talent that not many 5A teams get a chance to see on defense let alone at the 3A level. Talked to a coach from a school withing the district, he said this Mustang defense and the talent it has on it this year only comes around once every 10-15 years at this level, and I can't agree more

[quote name="jkbtjc53" post="1313338" timestamp="1351472533"]
7 kids from WOS's defense will be playing college football next year on scholarship 7!!!! Who else can say that from 5A-1A?? I don't think anybody, pleas stop hating and congradulate the mustangs and if they aren't playing your team root for them, they have a rare collection of talent that not many 5A teams get a chance to see on defense let alone at the 3A level. Talked to a coach from a school withing the district, he said this Mustang defense and the talent it has on it this year only comes around once every 10-15 years at this level, and I can't agree more
[/quote]

C'mon mann Quit ridding yourself!!!

Fact is everything we have done this season means nothing in the playoffs, we made quarters last year and got beat by an outstanding team in Coldspring. Are we better this year, overall I'd say yes both offensively and defensively. Is Coldspring better? We'll see if we meet them (but IMO I don't think they have the same firepower). Our kids and our coaches have worked hard to get where we are. I think we still have that bitter taste in our mouths from last season. Don't know who we will play and don't care..bring your A-game...we will.

I don't care if we have the best D in the state...just be the D that wins state.

[quote name="skipper" post="1311892" timestamp="1351346725"]
the next two weeks the wo-s fans will  see just how good thay are. bridge is no push over thay can move the ball on the ground and in the air this will be a good test for the kids at wo-s and then the game all of silsbee has been waiting for and we all should know how good silsbee  is and playing at home is a big plus very hard to win games there
[/quote] VNUPE IS CORRECT, YOU DO SEEM TO ALWAYS HAVE NEGATIVE COMMENTS ABOUT THE MUSTANGS, CONSIDERING IT`S A TEAM YOU`RE SUPPOSED TO BE SUPPORTING. WHY DON`T YOU SIT ON THE OPPOSING TEAM`S SIDE FOR THE REST OF THE SEASON

[quote name="hondo1" post="1313455" timestamp="1351482134"]
[quote author=skipper link=topic=105257.msg1311892#msg1311892 date=1351346725]
the next two weeks the wo-s fans will  see just how good thay are. bridge is no push over thay can move the ball on the ground and in the air this will be a good test for the kids at wo-s and then the game all of silsbee has been waiting for and we all should know how good silsbee  is and playing at home is a big plus very hard to win games there
[/quote] VNUPE IS CORRECT, YOU DO SEEM TO ALWAYS HAVE NEGATIVE COMMENTS ABOUT THE MUSTANGS, CONSIDERING IT`S A TEAM YOU`RE SUPPOSED TO BE SUPPORTING. WHY DON`T YOU SIT ON THE OPPOSING TEAM`S SIDE FOR THE REST OF THE SEASON
[/quote]

Ease up on Skipper guys, he is just giving the other teams credit also. what's the negative in what he said?

Again this thread generated by a newspaper article saying WO-S has given up less points than anyone in Texas, this does not compute to best defense in Texas.  But some folks dont want to give credit where credit is due.  WO-S has dealt with the things in front of them, the kids have nothing to do with the schedule, they've just dealt with it.  Some folk just get offended and go statewide talking about teams they've never seen that is better, human nature I guess.  No one knows where this is going but it is fun aint it?

[/quote]
I did it!!  I knew if I poked and prodded enough someone would go to the "7 kids gonna be playing college football off WOS's D." card and pull it out of their ace. Heck, with that much talent, anything but a state championship would be a big letdown. Too bad you won't make it out of regionals.....again.

[quote name="Majestyk" post="1313474" timestamp="1351485231"]
Again this thread generated by a newspaper article saying WO-S has given up less points than anyone in Texas, this does not compute to best defense in Texas.  But some folks dont want to give credit where credit is due.  WO-S has dealt with the things in front of them, the kids have nothing to do with the schedule, they've just dealt with it.  Some folk just get offended and go statewide talking about teams they've never seen that is better, human nature I guess.  No one knows where this is going but it is fun aint it?
[/quote]
I have seen Navasota in person this year.

[quote name="T-Dawd" post="1313475" timestamp="1351485693"]
[quote author=jkbtjc53 link=topic=105257.msg1313338#msg1313338 date=1351472533]
[/quote]
I did it!!  I knew if I poked and prodded enough someone would go to the "7 kids gonna be playing college football off WOS's D." card and pull it out of their ace. Heck, with that much talent, anything but a state championship would be a big letdown. [b]Too bad you won't make it out of regionals.....again[/b].
[/quote]yikes  :o

[quote name="T-Dawd" post="1313475" timestamp="1351485693"]
[/quote]
I did it!!  I knew if I poked and prodded enough someone would go to the "7 kids gonna be playing college football off WOS's D." card and pull it out of their ace. Heck, with that much talent, anything but a state championship would be a big letdown. Too bad you won't make it out of regionals.....again.
[/quote]

amd YOUR team will do better?

[quote name="Txdragon" post="1313523" timestamp="1351515247"]
amd YOUR team will do better?
[/quote]

Ole T-Dawd has been taking shots at WO-S and their fans for a while now.  Nothing new here.

If WO-S gets another shot at Coldspring this year, I expect a battle from them.  With all of our defensive ability, games are won and lost on matchup issues.  If Coldspring brings the same kind of power left/power right blocking, and some explosiveness from their tailbacks, we will have our hands full. 

I hope both teams have a chance to meet again.  As for now, let's beat Bridge City. 

[/quote]

(on my bullhorn)please put down and step away from the crack pipe sir!!  who else from 5A-1A?? really??? PAM does that every year. what's your point?? north shore mustangs have the same. some wo-s fans have the big fish in the small pond mentality. get outside that pond and you are nothing. start moving north of orange co and you become the weak teams you been thumpin your chest about beating. i know the TEAM only can play who they put in front of them,but these FANS, just stop,you really look dumb. LOOK AT THE SCHEDULE!! LOOK AT THOSE TEAMS!!! now,i can see if you went through and beat the breaks off of lamarque,stephenville,gilmer,coldspring,or since ya'll THINK wo-s can beat PAM or Brook for that matter. i wish the kids luck and this is not aimed at them,but these dilusional fans. and yes the puppy toilet paper is wrong and so are the fans who believe that wo-s is the best defense in the state...they are not the best 3a defense in the state!!  why?? that schedule that would probably rank in triple digits of the power rankings,is why!! smoke and mirrors 100%. jasper so far,is about the only team i can give wo-s a quality win over. silsbee is the other quality team on the schedule. can't wait to wo-s get tossed out the playoffs like a drunk gets tossed out of a bar >:(

Haters are going to hate. With all the talk about a weak schedule; realistically WOS’s defensive numbers may not be a true representation of how good they really might be. When your schedule includes several much weaker team (no disrespect intended) you’re not forced to play all out defense. They can play more second string players through the game giving others a chance to play, make some lass aggressive play calls, etc. Bottom line is the weaker teams may not be seeing 100% WOS defense.

WOS fans, who cares what people think. Keep on keeping on. Stay focused and take it one game at a time. You are about to enter the playoff zone and things will get tougher. This may be the year. Heck if I listened to all the naysayers on here Ned (my team) would only have about one win this year -- cause we are way overrated and our D stinks. Now go bring back some hardware to SETX. 

[quote name="mighymouse490" post="1313641" timestamp="1351520568"]
[/quote]

(on my bullhorn)please put down and step away from the crack pipe sir!!  who else from 5A-1A?? really??? PAM does that every year. what's your point?? north shore mustangs have the same. some wo-s fans have the big fish in the small pond mentality. get outside that pond and you are nothing. start moving north of orange co and you become the weak teams you been thumpin your chest about beating. i know the TEAM only can play who they put in front of them,but these FANS, just stop,you really look dumb. LOOK AT THE SCHEDULE!! LOOK AT THOSE TEAMS!!! now,i can see if you went through and beat the breaks off of lamarque,stephenville,gilmer,coldspring,or since ya'll THINK wo-s can beat PAM or Brook for that matter. i wish the kids luck and this is not aimed at them,but these dilusional fans. and yes the puppy toilet paper is wrong and so are the fans who believe that wo-s is the best defense in the state...they are not the best 3a defense in the state!!  why?? that schedule that would probably rank in triple digits of the power rankings,is why!! smoke and mirrors 100%. jasper so far,is about the only team i can give wo-s a quality win over. silsbee is the other quality team on the schedule. can't wait to wo-s get tossed out the playoffs like a drunk gets tossed out of a bar >:(
[/quote]

You see to a normal message board fan your tirad would have shut most up, but with me being who I am, I decided to go do some research, and the results show once again how good WOS s on the field and when it comes to putting kids in school. If you go to rivals.com and type in both schools in the database and look up all the defenseive kids who have scholarships and did sign a D-1 or D-1AA scholarship from both North Shore and WOS since 2006 North Shore has only 3 more defensive players that went to college then that of WOS. The count was 16-13, giving how much smaller WOS is then North Shore that is incredible! And I did count the class of 2013 into both teams totals, and for the class of 2013 WOS has six kids with scholarships North Shore has two.

Now with all that said I'm not saying WOS is North Shore or better then North Shore, just saying speak facts! And Don't just come on here rambling off at the mouth because someone might check your answers.

[quote name="jkbtjc53" post="1313842" timestamp="1351532866"]
[quote author=mighymouse490 link=topic=105257.msg1313641#msg1313641 date=1351520568]
[/quote]

[/quote]

You see to a normal message board fan your tirad would have shut most up, but with me being who I am, I decided to go do some research, and the results show once again how good WOS s on the field and when it comes to putting kids in school. If you go to rivals.com and type in both schools in the database and look up all the defenseive kids who have scholarships and did sign a D-1 or D-1AA scholarship from both North Shore and WOS since 2006 North Shore has only 3 more defensive players that went to college then that of WOS. The count was 16-13, giving how much smaller WOS is then North Shore that is incredible! And I did count the class of 2013 into both teams totals, and for the class of 2013 WOS has six kids with scholarships North Shore has two.

Now with all that said I'm not saying WOS is North Shore or better then North Shore, just saying speak facts! And Don't just come on here rambling off at the mouth because someone might check your answers.
[/quote]
+1 for facts

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder