PORT NECHES-GROVES VS. LITTLE CYPRESS-MAURICEVILLE BROADCAST/LCM wins 35-6!

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Mr. Happy" post="1293887" timestamp="1349620234"]
PNG's best option at QB now is the freshman.  That kid can flat out play and is pretty developed for his age.  I would be shocked if he isn't starting for the next 3 years so get him experience now while you're down.

As far as the overall talent, y'all won't be down for long.  Your 8th and 9th grade groups are loaded, despite what anyone says about STJFL (which I am still trying to process and understand how that relates to 4A varsity football.)
[/quote]

P  N  G  d i d n ' t (t h a t' s  D I D  N O T) h a v e the talent pool back when these kids were playing STJFL and guess what, these are most of your same players today on PNG Varsity....they were not competitive then and look at now......

The point is you need key players/play makers that currently do NOT live in PN or G.  You need transfers!

[b]Also, defense is huge problem for PNG - IMO the biggest problem PNG is facing.[/b]

The QB controversy is one that I have said all year - SHOULD NOT BE - Smith should be QB (period). 

It is very telling why there are fans calling for his job when he had barely gotten the chance. Do Png fans know how badly this reflects on them? ::)

Please, complain, get in your coach's ear and make the fish the QB and come MCM, the game will be one everyone will talk about for decades, really, a fish?    Unless, his dad last name is Manning and has had a professional NFL career, I can hang my hat on this one. 

Yeah me either. A fresh would have to be incredible since most are only 14 yrs old during football season. Unless he's been redshirted and even than were talking 15. Don't get desperate and move up kids until their ready. It may effect their entire HS career.

On another note. I would not say Ned does not cycle PNG Proud. It will be real interesting to see what Neumann and Co does with this years freshman group. The 8th grade looks slim on talent as well. Neumann may just duck out before this group gets up there. if not it may be Neumann's biggest challenge in a long while. 

[quote name="85' HUSKER" post="1294071" timestamp="1349635556"]
Yeah me either. A fresh would have to be incredible since most are only 14 yrs old during football season. Unless he's been redshirted and even than were talking 15. Don't get desperate and move up kids until their ready. It may effect their entire HS career.

On another note. I would not say Ned does not cycle PNG Proud. It will be real interesting to see what Neumann and Co does with this years freshman group. The 8th grade looks slim on talent as well. Neumann may just duck out before this group gets up there. if not it may be Neumann's biggest challenge in a long while.
[/quote]In 2007, Lamarque started 2 freshmen that ended up being great 4 year starters and all state players.  If the kid can play, play 'em.

[/quote]

I have been saying for years, Neumann will retire when soph class graduates, class 2015.

Next year, I know this hard to believe that the Bulldogs may even be better as an overall team.  They have a great combination of returners and kids moving up.

And better than all of that, the kids are team players (keeping the Nederland traditioin).  They will do whatever it takes to win.

There are some good athletes who are freshman who may even move up next year, but the talent pool is swimming with lots of "big" fish.

I have no doubt Ned will be good again next year. Better than this year? I wouldn't go that far. I could see the O with more depth at RB and I llike the tall lanky WR on JV. The D will not be as dominating though. You will have to replace Pryor, Couron, Stampley, Wood, Taylor, Shaw and Barrow. Most of these guys have been 3 yr starters and All-District at that. I see the team falling off some next year than it will gradually start going in a different direction with the upcoming talent. I don't see this huge talent pool in the  8-9 grades that you are talking about, but time will tell.

On another note. [b]I would not say Ned does not cycle PNG Proud.[/b] It will be real interesting to see what Neumann and Co does with this years freshman group. The 8th grade looks slim on talent as well. Neumann may just duck out before this group gets up there. if not it may be Neumann's biggest challenge in a long while.
[/quote]

Didn't ya see the "WINK"?  ;)

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1294136" timestamp="1349644034"]
Ned will definitely be good next year but its hard to believe that they will be as good as this year. Those are some very big shoes to fill in the defense.
[/quote]

Mark it down....Nederland will be the most solid team in 20 4a next season.

We will miss those who leave but there are new kids on the block, waiting (quietly and working hard) to show what they have and it will be great.  Both on defense and offense. 

Broussard may be the overall best athlete that has come through Nederland in a while.  Player maker (Askew, Yoder) type of player. The kid does everything well.  Receiver, kicker, punter, defense, and don't even talk about his basketball, baseball skills. 

Neumann must be living right....Go Dogs!

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1294152" timestamp="1349645645"]
We'll see. Nederland isn't the only one who has bright looks for the future. Not that it matters much but Vidor's freshman has yet to be beaten since there 7th grade year. Got Montana's cousin, lil brother, Jeff mathews son, and several others to compliment what we already have coming back.
[/quote]

Ask your JV about Nederland.....you'll see...  I can't even give all of the relatives of former Nederland greats including one who has a NFL family member who'll be on Varsity next year.

Like I said Neumann is living right. 

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1294317" timestamp="1349660140"]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=104175.msg1294313#msg1294313 date=1349660007]
[quote author=prepballfan link=topic=104175.msg1294291#msg1294291 date=1349658194]
Mark my words Nederland will not win district next season!!!!!!!! Mark my words!!!!!!!!!
[/quote] :o

PNG wins it?  :-\
[/quote]
Nope Vidor will.  8)
[/quote]welp, i guess LCM & PNG better get their wins versus Vidor this year  ;D

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1294322" timestamp="1349660447"]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=104175.msg1294317#msg1294317 date=1349660140]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=104175.msg1294313#msg1294313 date=1349660007]
[quote author=prepballfan link=topic=104175.msg1294291#msg1294291 date=1349658194]
Mark my words Nederland will not win district next season!!!!!!!! Mark my words!!!!!!!!!
[/quote] :o

PNG wins it?  :-\
[/quote]
Nope Vidor will.  8)
[/quote]welp, i guess LCM & PNG better get their wins versus Vidor this year  ;D
[/quote]
Good luck on that.  8)

[quote name="marshman" post="1293875" timestamp="1349619155"]
[quote author=Txdragon link=topic=104175.msg1292966#msg1292966 date=1349544129]
[quote author=77 link=topic=104175.msg1292883#msg1292883 date=1349538407]
[quote author=bobbymcgee link=topic=104175.msg1292869#msg1292869 date=1349537571]
Out with Faircloth and bring home Todd Dodge!!!
[/quote]No way, Dodge is settin up to retire in the hill country he's not comin back this way!
[/quote]

Just wonder what WOS could have been in the early years had Dodge not transfered.
[/quote]

I have often wondered that as well. Could be a lot of people didn't realize he would have have to WO-S instead of TJ if his dad hadn't been transferred.
[/quote]

Wouldn't have worked out. WO-S  was committed to the run. TJ's offense was light years ahead of most high school teams.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    catherine
    Newest Member
    catherine