Will HJ become a playoff team this season?

BADSANTA

[quote name="Chasmack" post="1282210" timestamp="1348628001"]
[quote author=finger roll link=topic=103623.msg1282160#msg1282160 date=1348623015]
[quote author=Rake1 link=topic=103623.msg1281345#msg1281345 date=1348543709]
[quote author=BADSANTA link=topic=103623.msg1281065#msg1281065 date=1348520840]
3-1 is a strong record coming into district. They just beat a team that man handled Silsbee [b][color=red]in a scrimmage[/color][/b].
[/quote]

3 very very important words............    IN A SCRIMMAGE!
[/quote]Yes it was a scrimmage.  But the difference against Silsbee was EC didn't turn the ball over 5 or 6 times (I lost count against HJ) and EC didn't have 4 starters hurt.  (Remember in 2A many starters go both ways).  I've seen HF, HJ, and OF play.  Here is my prediction of how they finish:
1 WOS
2 Silsbee
3 HF
I think OF, Buna, and HJ are evenly matched.
[/quote]

I hope those 4 starters that were out against HJ are healing up for your game this week.  It seems like they are the mainstays of the team.  Sounds like EC would've beat HJ like a drum if they had been healthy.  (BTW, HJ is a 3A team where 75% of the starters play both OF and Def., it's just not limited to 2A and below).  I agree with Mical, HJ might not be a front runner for a playoff berth, but they sure like being in the position to be a playoff "spoiler" for another team.  8)
[/quote]

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="wackpack" post="1282296" timestamp="1348663134"]
[quote author=wackpack link=topic=103623.msg1282294#msg1282294 date=1348662898]
[quote author=football link=topic=103623.msg1282289#msg1282289 date=1348661004]
Maybe those turnovers were FORCED by aggressive defense rather than sloppy offense?  Just a thought 
[/quote] c'mon man
[/quote]

I promise you that was the case! Opening kickoff???? Return man running straight up with the ball clutched to his chest and HJ puts a hat on it! Not trying to be disrespectful to the injured kid, but he didnt fall down and get those wrist broke, he got hit! Hard! That was one fumble that EC got back. 4 to 5 HJ players on every tackle! West Orange might give us some problems, but we will stay with everyone else. We still have some issues and are hurting at a couple of positions on both sides of the  ball, but those 50 or 60-0 days are gone for a while podna! We have heart, good attitudes, and athletic ability! Hey, our kids feel like they can beat anyone right now and on the field of battle, alot of times thats all that matters...

[quote name="bedelmon" post="1282386" timestamp="1348669546"]
[quote author=wackpack link=topic=103623.msg1282296#msg1282296 date=1348663134]
[quote author=wackpack link=topic=103623.msg1282294#msg1282294 date=1348662898]
[quote author=football link=topic=103623.msg1282289#msg1282289 date=1348661004]
Maybe those turnovers were FORCED by aggressive defense rather than sloppy offense?  Just a thought 
[/quote] c'mon man
[/quote]

I promise you that was the case! Opening kickoff???? Return man running straight up with the ball clutched to his chest and HJ puts a hat on it! Not trying to be disrespectful to the injured kid, but he didnt fall down and get those wrist broke, he got hit! Hard! That was one fumble that EC got back. 4 to 5 HJ players on every tackle! West Orange might give us some problems, but we will stay with everyone else. We still have some issues and are hurting at a couple of positions on both sides of the  ball, but those 50 or 60-0 days are gone for a while podna! We have heart, good attitudes, and athletic ability! Hey, our kids feel like they can beat anyone right now and on the field of battle, alot of times thats all that matters...
[/quote]
I agree with the two fumbles, HJ brought the hat and forced the 2 fumbles. The 3 interceptions were terrible passes and several more that could have been intercepted. EC QB had an off night on passing but you have to give credit to HJ, they were they needed to be and intercepted it. HJ looked like they knew what each person needed to do and they did their best to do it. I was impressed with HJ and I think they have a shot if their offence moves the ball.
1 WOS
2 Silsbee
3 HJ

Actually the EC player did fall down and break one of his wrist.  The HJ player hit the EC player with his helmet and broke the wrist that was holding the ball, as he fell to the ground he reached with his other hand to brace the fall and snapped the other wrist.  That comes straight from a EC coach that was relayed to a HJ coach!!!!

My point being he was hit hard enough to fumble and get at least 1 wrist broken by a soft, pillow fighting HJ Hawk... But going back and looking at the film to see if your assessment was truth, I'd have to say you and the EC coach are not correct. As the kid runs with the ball, he encounters an HJ player's helmet and it clearly shows he did not have time to "brace" for the impact of the ground for his shoulder hit the ground first and his feet last. This assessment came from me watching the game film and rewinding it several times...

[quote name="bedelmon" post="1282422" timestamp="1348672693"]
My point being he was hit hard enough to fumble and get at least 1 wrist broken by a soft, pillow fighting HJ Hawk... But going back and looking at the film to see if your assessment was truth, I'd have to say you and the EC coach are not correct. As the kid runs with the ball, he encounters an HJ player's helmet and it clearly shows he did not have time to "brace" for the impact of the ground for his shoulder hit the ground first and his feet last. This assessment came from me watching the game film and rewinding it several times...
[/quote]
Beaumont Enterprise article shows the hit with the player in the air with one arm going down to brace the fall.  You can tell by the picture that it it about to break.  Both NOT broken on hit, he did have time to try to brace himself before he hit the ground.  You should believe the film, my son watched it Sat morning. 
To that players credit, he gets up, using broken wrists and goes to where the huddle was forming before looking at his wrists.  One tough kid. 

I havent gotten the opportunity to see HF, HJ, or OF this season. But seeing people predict HF or HJ get 3rd leaves me scratching my head. Last year Buna was up 44-6 on HF at halftime?  :o. Final was 56-21 I belive. Buna also beat Orangefield last year by a touchdown. And HJ wasnt good at all. HJ did beat EC last week, (which blew my mind and worries me) and HF always has enough athletes to be very good if they ever "figure it out". Maybe someone who's seen them this year can help me out here since I havent. Are they that much better this year?

[quote name="Cougar4Life" post="1282453" timestamp="1348675539"]
I havent gotten the opportunity to see HF, HJ, or OF this season. But seeing people predict HF or HJ get 3rd leaves me scratching my head. Last year Buna was up 44-6 on HF at halftime?  :o. Final was 56-21 I belive. Buna also beat Orangefield last year by a touchdown. And HJ wasnt good at all. HJ did beat EC last week, (which blew my mind and worries me) and HF always has enough athletes to be very good if they ever "figure it out". Maybe someone who's seen them this year can help me out here since I havent. Are they that much better this year?
[/quote]
Buna had a great back last year. Big boy...is he still there?

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="BADSANTA" post="1280516" timestamp="1348495561"]
I say..........YES!
[/quote]

[IMG]http://i575.photobucket.com/albums/ss194/canstusdis/ddj2ae.gif[/img]

[quote name="colliecw" post="1282439" timestamp="1348673947"]
[quote author=bedelmon link=topic=103623.msg1282422#msg1282422 date=1348672693]
[/quote]
Beaumont Enterprise article shows the hit with the player in the air with one arm going down to brace the fall.  You can tell by the picture that it it about to break.  Both NOT broken on hit, he did have time to try to brace himself before he hit the ground.  You should believe the film, my son watched it Sat morning. 
To that players credit, he gets up, using broken wrists and goes to where the huddle was forming before looking at his wrists.  One tough kid. 
[/quote]

Yes the BMT Enterprise does show it. Looks like its already broke. He aint bracing, looks like he fell on it. Anyway, I stand corrected...

[quote name="jenks" post="1282584" timestamp="1348682829"]
[quote author=Cougar4Life link=topic=103623.msg1282453#msg1282453 date=1348675539]
[/quote]
[/quote]

I believe the back you are talking about from last year was the FB lynn williams. He is graduated, but fortunately we have an OX to replace him. Dalton Ford, Even bigger and stronger..and quite fast for a big boy.  ;)

[quote name="Cougar4Life" post="1282671" timestamp="1348690686"]
[quote author=jenks link=topic=103623.msg1282584#msg1282584 date=1348682829]
[quote author=Cougar4Life link=topic=103623.msg1282453#msg1282453 date=1348675539]
[/quote]
[/quote]

I believe the back you are talking about from last year was the FB lynn williams. He is graduated, but fortunately we have an OX to replace him. Dalton Ford, Even bigger and stronger..and quite fast for a big boy.  ;)
[/quote]
Did he get an offer to play in college?

[quote name="bedelmon" post="1282599" timestamp="1348684604"]
[quote author=colliecw link=topic=103623.msg1282439#msg1282439 date=1348673947]
[quote author=bedelmon link=topic=103623.msg1282422#msg1282422 date=1348672693]
[/quote]
[/quote]

Yes the BMT Enterprise does show it. Looks like its already broke. He aint bracing, looks like he fell on it. Anyway, I stand corrected...
[/quote]But I thought you saw it on the film.  My guess is that you haven't seen any film.  Just spouting off at the mouth.  HJ played a great game and deserved to win.  Plain and simple.  Yes there were other factors but there always are.  5 turnover and several hurt 2 way starters.  Thats why you play the game.  I'm starting to think that kvillecats has moved to Sour Lake and changed his handle to bedelmon.....Move on HJ.  You have a district to try and win.

Gladly bedelmon and us hj fans don't have to get ready for district.  At hj our kids and coaches actually do all the heavy lifting.  We are just having a little fun, and fun it was imagining all the crow buck fans were eating last week.  Anyway hj has an off-week so we appreciate the entertainment. I think it is time to move on though. Until next year.

[quote author=mical link=topic=103623.msg1282903#msg1282903 date=1348712788]
Gladly bedelmon and us hj fans don't have to get ready for district.  At hj our kids and coaches actually do all the heavy lifting.  We are just having a little fun, and fun it was imagining all the crow buck fans were eating last week.  Anyway hj has an off-week so we appreciate the entertainment. I think it is time to move on though. Until next year.
[/quote????

No, my name is Barry Edelmon and I actually ran the youth league out here for about 5 years. Dont know Kville Kats... The film shows the kids free arm kind of whip around and the Bmt Enterprise pic to me looks like he landed on it. Doesnt matter either way and wish it would not have happened. My point was the hit was hard, and it was not a fluke hit. Our boys are different this year. Bigger, stronger and all of the "me" and "I" kids are gone. The attitudes are better, and we are excited about football in Sour Lake right now. I was basically being a smartazz when someone tried to correct me on something that wasnt even my point. Like I said earlier, I stand corrected... Moving on...

[quote name="bedelmon" post="1283044" timestamp="1348753058"]
No, my name is Barry Edelmon and I actually ran the youth league out here for about 5 years. Dont know Kville Kats... The film shows the kids free arm kind of whip around and the Bmt Enterprise pic to me looks like he landed on it. Doesnt matter either way and wish it would not have happened. My point was the hit was hard, and it was not a fluke hit. Our boys are different this year. Bigger, stronger and[b] all of the "me" and "I" kids are gone[/b]. The attitudes are better, and we are excited about football in Sour Lake right now. I was basically being a smartazz when someone tried to correct me on something that wasnt even my point. Like I said earlier, I stand corrected... Moving on...
[/quote]

Interesting.... I don't recall any issues over there last year, other than going 1-9.

Just how many of those "me" and "I" kids were there?

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1283202" timestamp="1348762162"]
[quote author=bedelmon link=topic=103623.msg1283044#msg1283044 date=1348753058]
No, my name is Barry Edelmon and I actually ran the youth league out here for about 5 years. Dont know Kville Kats... The film shows the kids free arm kind of whip around and the Bmt Enterprise pic to me looks like he landed on it. Doesnt matter either way and wish it would not have happened. My point was the hit was hard, and it was not a fluke hit. Our boys are different this year. Bigger, stronger and[b] all of the "me" and "I" kids are gone[/b]. The attitudes are better, and we are excited about football in Sour Lake right now. I was basically being a smartazz when someone tried to correct me on something that wasnt even my point. Like I said earlier, I stand corrected... Moving on...
[/quote]

Interesting.... I don't recall any issues over there last year, other than going 1-9.

Just how many of those "me" and "I" kids were there?
[/quote]

Having no dog in the hunt nor do you reside in the district it seems far fetched you would know the intricacies of our program. Let me reassure you there were distractions last year and I will leave it at that.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder