1. 1. Who wins???????????

• Dayton
    • Crosby

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="bronco pride" post="1274731" timestamp="1347929885"]
Got a question for you cougar14. My buddy who happens to be a bh fan told me they had key injuries second half that was why they fell apart. Tell me this is not true so I can bust his you know what tomorrow.
[/quote] I work with a couple of BH fans and they made no mention of injuries when I ask them about getting their ace kicked ! They said that Bh would get baited( almost every time) by Crosby's QB into leaving the edges open trying to run him down then he would dump a little screen pass off or just run around corner .

[quote name="jayhawk" post="1274737" timestamp="1347930690"]
[quote author=bronco pride link=topic=103214.msg1274731#msg1274731 date=1347929885]
Got a question for you cougar14. My buddy who happens to be a bh fan told me they had key injuries second half that was why they fell apart. Tell me this is not true so I can bust his you know what tomorrow.
[/quote] I work with a couple of BH fans and they made no mention of injuries when I ask them about getting their ace kicked ! They said that Bh would get baited( almost every time) by Crosby's QB into leaving the edges open trying to run him down then he would dump a little screen pass off or just run around corner .
[/quote]thx jayhawk figured he was full of it. Last year I told him our game would have been different if jakari was healthy. He told me no excuses then dropped one after this game.

[quote name="bronco pride" post="1274731" timestamp="1347929885"]
[/quote]Barbers Hill fumbled on the first possession of the second half. Crosby scored to make it 14-17 but after that Barbers Hill just couldn't fool Crosby with that option anymore. We started getting on the edges and the Hill just couldn't match the speed. Crosby scored 28 straight in 16 mins. O'neal broke a 70 something yarder in the first half but pretty much got stalemated the rest of the night. I didn't see any kids get what I would call really injured. O'neal came off for a while but that's because he was getting hit. The wheels fell off when Barbers Hill tried to throw, Crosby had one pick but it should have been at least another and maybe two. Saying that though Denny runs the option well, it just wasn't as effective playing from behind.

[quote name="cougar14" post="1274511" timestamp="1347912366"]
[quote author=bronco pride link=topic=103214.msg1274390#msg1274390 date=1347906598]
[quote author=dayton link=topic=103214.msg1274382#msg1274382 date=1347906205]
One other fun fact for the stat lovers....

Crosby ypg allowed - 360    ppg - 17  Willis, Nederland, Barbers hill
Dayton ypg allowed - 177  ppg  - 6.3  Elkins, Livingston, New Caney
[/quote]our defense pts per game is actually better than that. One td against livingston was a int return. Sucked to because kenner had just scored the play before the int. Called back for a penalty.
[/quote] I see it says Barbers Hill had 507 yads of offense. I don't know where they got that from. Barbers Hill had 241 rushing and 70 yards passing, so 311 total. Ned had 208 rushing and 96 passing for a total of 304. Don't know the Willis stats but they couldn't have had more than 250 total. Defense is the best in a while. Crosby also has 730 rushing yards the last two games which is more than Dayton has total on the season. You have the Tyrik The Freak thing right too. I know what the recruiting services said, but truth of the matter is couldn't get on the field at Auburn. He transferred to Sam Houston and got beat out again. It's kind of like Garrett Gilbert being the number one qb in the nation when he came out. They took him out of that Lake Travis system and now he's ruining SMU's season. Coaching up talent is exactly what Riordan is doing. [b]One thing he didn't have at Sulphur Springs is a back that could go for 2000.[/b] We'll see how good of a coaching job Riordan does Friday night. If he goes 2-0 against the Ponies it could spell danger for the Bronco faithful for while.
[/quote]

As we've seen so often in your young setxsports posting life, you don't know what you're talking about. Ask Coach Riordan about the RB (Ryan Young) they had that came from Alba-Golden to SS his last year or two of high school.

Here's his 2008 (state champ year) stat line.... from MaxPreps

Carries - 280

Yards - 2314

YPG -144

TD - 28

Here's the link... click on his name to see a game by game break down. I'm telling you, SS was a cut above.... They had the total package. Like I've said all along... This should be a good game.
http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/sulphur-springs-wildcats-(sulphur-springs,tx)/football-fall-08/stats.htm

And I know... that was a 16 game season. But when you've got a QB (system or otherwise) that throws for 4500 yds and runs for a 1000 more in that same season, you just don't need 2000 in the regular season.

[quote name="Cougtalk" post="1274909" timestamp="1347946072"]
See we don't need to win a state championship.. we just have to beat an overrated and untested team from a small hick town.
[/quote]

Whatever helps you sleep at night... just letting your boy Cougar14 know that if he's gonna ride SS's coattails he's gotta know the facts. He's talking out of his backside.

[quote name="dayton" post="1274914" timestamp="1347946447"]
[quote author=Cougtalk link=topic=103214.msg1274909#msg1274909 date=1347946072]
See we don't need to win a state championship.. we just have to beat an overrated and untested team from a small hick town.
[/quote]

Whatever helps you sleep at night... just letting your boy Cougar14 know thatif he's gonna ride SS's coattails he's gotta know the facts. He's talking out of his backside.
[/quote]

SS was extremely talented that year but lets not act like that wasn't the best dayton has ever had. i mean Cody green and AJ Dugat weren't slouches either, if you compare your current roster to that one it's not even close, the honest truth is i've not seen crosby this confident, since they beat Dayton the last time, these kids believe they can sweep this district.

[quote name="Cougtalk" post="1274916" timestamp="1347946589"]
[quote author=dayton link=topic=103214.msg1274914#msg1274914 date=1347946447]
[quote author=Cougtalk link=topic=103214.msg1274909#msg1274909 date=1347946072]
[/quote]

Whatever helps you sleep at night... just letting your boy Cougar14 know thatif he's gonna ride SS's coattails he's gotta know the facts. He's talking out of his backside.
[/quote]

SS was extremely talented that year but lets not act like that wasn't the best dayton has ever had. i mean Cody green and AJ Dugat weren't slouches either, if you compare your current roster to that one it's not even close, the honest truth is i've not seen crosby this confident, since they beat Dayton the last time, these kids believe they can sweep this district.
[/quote]

I'm not acting like that....

If you read my post from earlier in the thread... I said I wouldn't compare that State Finalist defense to this one (and certainly not the offense).... He's basing his prediction partly on the fact that your HC coached in that game and that just doesn't make any sense due to the fact that the personnel is extremely different. AJs, Codys, Tyriks, and the like don't come around that often.  I'm glad you're kids are confident. Our kids are confident EVERY year, as they should be, because that's what good programs instill. Both teams will be up for this game.

[quote name="octfeb" post="1274563" timestamp="1347915571"]
[quote author=BHFAN link=topic=103214.msg1274560#msg1274560 date=1347915366]
[quote author=bronco pride link=topic=103214.msg1274557#msg1274557 date=1347914952]
I was actually pulling fot bh last game and this is what I get bhfan. Although I did say bh over crosby in a upset.
[/quote]

If we would have won i would be a bronco fan in this one, but like i said if you guys blow them out or even win then BH is going to have to pull a rabbit out of its hat to get to the playoffs ;D Gotta pull for Crosby in this one :-X Heck we gotta get past King and KP before i can even breath ;D
[/quote] So what your saying is, If Dayton wins Friday, BH has no change of winning when Dayton comes to town? Is this what you are saying?  ???
[/quote]

You know there is always a chance ;), but if Dayton beats Crosby by a bunch it' snot likely ;D

[quote name="dayton" post="1274856" timestamp="1347939141"]
[quote author=cougar14 link=topic=103214.msg1274511#msg1274511 date=1347912366]
[quote author=bronco pride link=topic=103214.msg1274390#msg1274390 date=1347906598]

[/quote]our defense pts per game is actually better than that. One td against livingston was a int return. Sucked to because kenner had just scored the play before the int. Called back for a penalty.
[/quote] I see it says Barbers Hill had 507 yads of offense. I don't know where they got that from. Barbers Hill had 241 rushing and 70 yards passing, so 311 total. Ned had 208 rushing and 96 passing for a total of 304. Don't know the Willis stats but they couldn't have had more than 250 total. Defense is the best in a while. Crosby also has 730 rushing yards the last two games which is more than Dayton has total on the season. You have the Tyrik The Freak thing right too. I know what the recruiting services said, but truth of the matter is couldn't get on the field at Auburn. He transferred to Sam Houston and got beat out again. It's kind of like Garrett Gilbert being the number one qb in the nation when he came out. They took him out of that Lake Travis system and now he's ruining SMU's season. Coaching up talent is exactly what Riordan is doing. [b]One thing he didn't have at Sulphur Springs is a back that could go for 2000.[/b] We'll see how good of a coaching job Riordan does Friday night. If he goes 2-0 against the Ponies it could spell danger for the Bronco faithful for while.
[/quote]

As we've seen so often in your young setxsports posting life, you don't know what you're talking about. Ask Coach Riordan about the RB (Ryan Young) they had that came from Alba-Golden to SS his last year or two of high school.

Carries - 280

Yards - 2314

YPG -144

TD - 28

Here's the link... click on his name to see a game by game break down. I'm telling you, SS was a cut above.... They had the total package. Like I've said all along... This should be a good game.
http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/sulphur-springs-wildcats-(sulphur-springs,tx)/football-fall-08/stats.htm

And I know... that was a 16 game season. But when you've got a QB (system or otherwise) that throws for 4500 yds and runs for a 1000 more in that same season, you just don't need 2000 in the regular season.
[/quote]I don't know if you're trying to help me or dispute me. The running back from SS was so good he got one D1 scholarship offer from Air Force. I know what the numbers said but it more so the system. It's the same way in the current Lake Travis or old Southlake systems. Good systems win. Commerce (3a) won 2 state titles with Steve L., he took that same system to Euless Trinity and created a national power. Rollison couldn't get on the field at Sam Houston, Cody Green is starting at Tulsa right now. If you can play you should blossom in any system. I was in college in East Texas when SS won state so I watched them and Texas High with Ryan Mallet play quite a few times along with GJ Kinne at Gilmer. Rollison was the most atheletic but not as good as either. Don't talk about how elite the talent was cause SS schemed up 70 on the best defense you ever had. By the was the qb from SS last year played 12 games and almost threw for 3000 (245 ypg), but I guess he's a freak too, it has nothing to do with the system. I know I might be a little biased but Ryan Young couldn't hold a candle to Austin Walter. I think after he puts 200 on y'all you'll be on here talking about how it's a down year for Dayton or how he's a product of the system. Either way though, I don't think I'll see you on here Friday night admitting to neither.   

[quote name="cougar14" post="1274964" timestamp="1347973466"]
I don't know if you're trying to help me or dispute me. The running back from SS was so good he got one D1 scholarship offer from Air Force. I know what the numbers said but it more so the system. It's the same way in the current Lake Travis or old Southlake systems. Good systems win. Commerce (3a) won 2 state titles with Steve L., he took that same system to Euless Trinity and created a national power. Rollison couldn't get on the field at Sam Houston, Cody Green is starting at Tulsa right now. If you can play you should blossom in any system. I was in college in East Texas when SS won state so I watched them and Texas High with Ryan Mallet play quite a few times along with GJ Kinne at Gilmer. Rollison was the most atheletic but not as good as either. Don't talk about how elite the talent was cause SS schemed up 70 on the best defense you ever had. By the was the qb from SS last year played 12 games and almost threw for 3000 (245 ypg), but I guess he's a freak too, it has nothing to do with the system. I know I might be a little biased but Ryan Young couldn't hold a candle to Austin Walter. [b]I think after he puts 200 on y'all you'll be on here talking about how it's a down year for Dayton or how he's a product of the system. Either way though, I don't think I'll see you on here Friday night admitting to neither.[/b] 
[/quote]
You didn't really take the time to read my post. I said, system or otherwise in regards to "the freak". Like it or not... he was an elite HS QB.

The Ryan Young info was in response to your statement that SS didn't have a back that could go for 2000 and you were proven wrong despite the apparent fact that you watched him play. It doesn't matter if he's better than Austin or not.

BTW, that wasn't our best defense ever... maybe top 5. It was, IMO, our best offense though given the fact that we had 2 D1 prospects on the field, which we rarely have.

Like I said... you're new... I always come back and always show respect to the opposing team before and after the game. I'm anxious to see if you'll be back to get your crow if Crosby loses.

[quote author=dayton link=topic=103214.msg1274856#msg1274856 date=1347939141]

[/quote]

Carries - 280

Yards - 2314

YPG -144

TD - 28

[/quote]I don't know if you're trying to help me or dispute me. The running back from SS was so good he got one D1 scholarship offer from Air Force. I know what the numbers said but it more so the system. It's the same way in the current Lake Travis or old Southlake systems. Good systems win. Commerce (3a) won 2 state titles with Steve L., he took that same system to Euless Trinity and created a national power. Rollison couldn't get on the field at Sam Houston, Cody Green is starting at Tulsa right now. If you can play you should blossom in any system. I was in college in East Texas when SS won state so I watched them and Texas High with Ryan Mallet play quite a few times along with GJ Kinne at Gilmer. Rollison was the most atheletic but not as good as either. Don't talk about how elite the talent was cause SS schemed up 70 on the best defense you ever had. By the was the qb from SS last year played 12 games and almost threw for 3000 (245 ypg), but I guess he's a freak too, it has nothing to do with the system. I know I might be a little biased but Ryan Young couldn't hold a candle to Austin Walter. I think after he puts 200 on y'all [b]you'll be on here talking about how it's a down year for Dayton[/b] or how he's a product of the system. Either way though, I don't think I'll see you on here Friday night admitting to neither. 
[/quote] FYI Being you are new and all.. I will save you the trouble of having to research... No one has said, nor will you see after Friday IF Crosby were to win... That Dayton is having a down year....

And WHY is there so much talk about SS? That was back in 2008... And things are not like it was then... Crosby's new Coach was a PART of that SS season in 2008 not the only reason for that win... So IMO your hanging on that game in 2008 for a win in 2012.. seems your trying to convince yourself...  ::)

[quote name="liltex" post="1275004" timestamp="1347976673"]
Coach was the OC in 08 and he's still running the fast paced hurry up offense still.Had BH out of sync out of position/timing ;)
[/quote]

The whole truth of the matter is liltex is bad karma for BH! I don't know if i have sat next to liltex during a BH win yet ;)

[quote name="bronco pride" post="1275012" timestamp="1347977449"]
The ss system didnt work so great against ned. This crosby team looks nothing like 08 ss. SS had a huge line. Their qb was 6"1 and could throw the ball 50 yds on a rope. Also daytons d that year was missing a bunch of starters.
[/quote]EXACTLY! couldn't have said any better, bronco pride...  :)

[quote name="liltex" post="1275004" timestamp="1347976673"]
Coach was the OC in 08 and he's still running the fast paced hurry up offense still.Had BH out of sync out of position/timing ;)
[/quote]Well isn't BH playing with several players that aren't as skilled this season? I really don't think anyone can judge Crosby's win over BH, as a measuring stick on how good Crosby may be... IMO...

[quote author=dayton link=topic=103214.msg1274856#msg1274856 date=1347939141]

[/quote]

Carries - 280

Yards - 2314

YPG -144

TD - 28

[/quote]I don't know if you're trying to help me or dispute me. The running back from SS was so good he got one D1 scholarship offer from Air Force. I know what the numbers said but it more so the system. It's the same way in the current Lake Travis or old Southlake systems. Good systems win. Commerce (3a) won 2 state titles with Steve L., he took that same system to Euless Trinity and created a national power. [b][u][color=red][i]Rollison couldn't get on the field at Sam Houston[/i][/color][/u][/b], Cody Green is starting at Tulsa right now. If you can play you should blossom in any system. I was in college in East Texas when SS won state so I watched them and Texas High with Ryan Mallet play quite a few times along with GJ Kinne at Gilmer. Rollison was the most atheletic but not as good as either. Don't talk about how elite the talent was cause SS schemed up 70 on the best defense you ever had. By the was the qb from SS last year played 12 games and almost threw for 3000 (245 ypg), but I guess he's a freak too, it has nothing to do with the system. I know I might be a little biased but Ryan Young couldn't hold a candle to Austin Walter. I think after he puts 200 on y'all you'll be on here talking about how it's a down year for Dayton or how he's a product of the system. Either way though, I don't think I'll see you on here Friday night admitting to neither. 
[/quote]

it wasn't from a lack of talent...now, was it?

Tyrik was the #11 qb in the nation in '08...blue chip athlete that went to Auburn, then it didn't work out...
[url=http://bleacherreport.com/articles/302369-auburns-tyrik-rollison-suspended]http://bleacherreport.com/articles/302369-auburns-tyrik-rollison-suspended[/url]
[url=http://hstexas.scout.com/a.z?s=378&p=8&c=1&nid=3473822]http://hstexas.scout.com/a.z?s=378&p=8&c=1&nid=3473822[/url]

similar story to Dugat from Dayton

So don't act like he wasn't good enough to get on the field as Sam

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder