1. 1. Who wins???????????

• Dayton
    • Crosby

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Cap Rock Brewing Co.
Crosby by 9.  Broncos would be really foolish to give the same-old Crosby beat down predictions. This has the makings of another good game. It took a 100 yd kickoff return to beat Crosby last year and then Crosby rolled down the field and nearly sent it to overtime -great play by Dayton cornerback to seal the win. Crosby had more yards last year and could've easily won the game.

[u][b]Offense[/b][/u]: Big edge to Crosby. The Coogs are averaging 200 more yards a game on offense and have played better opponents thus far.  The Coogs are averaging 35 points/contest. Dayton comes in at 31/game. Riordan is just getting this offense clicking. Last time he called plays against Dayton, it wasn't pretty for the Broncos - and they had one heck of a defense in 2008. Crosby hung 63 on Willis who has actually won a game this year and put more than enough points on the Hill. 

[u][b]Defense[/b][/u]:
Slight edge to Dayton for now. Dayton has better numbers but has played three teams who have a combined record of 0-7. They were bend and not break against Elkins who is average 5A at best this season. The Broncos kept Livingston in check, who was w/o it's starting qb. Crosby had problems with Nederland's power game that opened up 1 on 1 matchups in the secondary. However, Crosby shut down Nederland in the 2nd half - forcing them to punt 4 times and completely neutralized BH after a shaky first half.

[u][b]Special Teams[/b][/u] Edge to Dayton. Carranco is Dayton's best weapon.

Glad to see you dont know what your talking about. First off new caney has a win. Second thing you left out is dayton handed out 3 of the of the 6 losses your talking about. crosbys opposing teams would have a different record if crosby was unfefeated. Also competition edge goes to dayton. Elkins and livingston are better than ned and bh and really were only talking about bh because ned beat yall.

Dayton will have to depend on the defense this week.  With no passing attack Dayton will have a hard time moving the ball.  Dayton has not shown the ability to complete the necessary intermediate passing game in order to keep drives alive.  They have completed some deep balls but nothing that would get them down the field in a consistent manner.  A big part of that is not having their complete offense on the field except for the first half of Elkins.  Young receivers have to learn, and with an inexperienced QB it takes time.  Chambers is inexperienced in the number of snaps he has actually taken in big games.  They will have to rely on the run game, special teams play and not put their defense in bad field position. 

With that being said, defense wins championships.  Dayton wins 20 - 10.

[quote name="bronco pride" post="1272528" timestamp="1347728451"]
Glad to see you dont know what your talking about. First off new caney has a win. Second thing you left out is dayton handed out 3 of the of the 6 losses your talking about. crosbys opposing teams would have a different record if crosby was unfefeated. Also competition edge goes to dayton. Elkins and livingston are better than ned and bh and really were only talking about bh because ned beat yall.
[/quote]

New Caney has a win? Who forfeited? Ah, edit they beat Caney Creek.

Elkins better than Nederland? No way. Livingston probably is better now that they have their QB back.

[quote name="Cap Rock Brewing Co." post="1272487" timestamp="1347726796"]
Crosby by 9.  Broncos would be really foolish to give the same-old Crosby beat down predictions. This has the makings of another good game. It took a 100 yd kickoff return to beat Crosby last year and then Crosby rolled down the field and nearly sent it to overtime -great play by Dayton cornerback to seal the win. Crosby had more yards last year and could've easily won the game.

[u][b]Offense[/b][/u]: Big edge to Crosby. The Coogs are averaging 200 more yards a game on offense and have played better opponents thus far.  The Coogs are averaging 35 points/contest. Dayton comes in at 31/game. Riordan is just getting this offense clicking. Last time he called plays against Dayton, it wasn't pretty for the Broncos - and they had one heck of a defense in 2008. Crosby hung 63 on Willis who has actually won a game this year and put more than enough points on the Hill. 

[u][b]Defense[/b][/u]:
Slight edge to Dayton for now. Dayton has better numbers but has played three teams who have a combined record of 0-7. They were bend and not break against Elkins who is average 5A at best this season. The Broncos kept Livingston in check, who was w/o it's starting qb. Crosby had problems with Nederland's power game that opened up 1 on 1 matchups in the secondary. However, Crosby shut down Nederland in the 2nd half - forcing them to punt 4 times and completely neutralized BH after a shaky first half.

[u][b]Special Teams[/b][/u] Edge to Dayton. Carranco is Dayton's best weapon.
[/quote]

Where to begin...

1.  Dayton's opponents...Livingston has lost two (to Dayton and to Kingwood Park, both of whom will beat Crosby in district); Elkins has lost two as well (to Dayton and a very decent Hou-Lamar team...both of whom would beat Crosby) and New Caney(I have no argument that they have much going on, but they do have one win...which is MUCH more quality than BH win over Mexico)
2.  We've had more injuries thus far this year than we had all of last year. So by the time we hit you guys in the mouth next week, we'll be full force. It will be a team that no one's even seen yet.
3.  Crosby's opponents...Willis has lost two (one to you and one to Navasota, who is decent [color=red]IN 3A[/color], and their one win you're hanging your hat on is to Caney Creek, the same team your dogging New Caney for beating; Nederland is good and they handled you guys (we handled them in a scrimmage, and thats all we have to go by...whether they were "full strength" or not); BH is horrible this year their two wins come from a horrendous Nuevo Laredo team and Lumberton who is probably the worst team in SETX, if not the state.

All that being said, you DO NOT have more strength-of-schedule than Dayton.  Im so gald I have more than "cougtalk" to spar with over there...I always love how you guys beat crapy teams and then think you're world-beaters, only to lose to Dayton and end up fighting for thr 3rd or 4th playoff spot and lose in the first round to 20-4a...those are facts

But good luck with all that twin stuff you guys have...the only brother's that will be scoring next week will be the McBride's...first on the field, then on Crosby's women

[quote name="mikehoncho" post="1272582" timestamp="1347730583"]
But good luck with all that twin stuff you guys have...the only brother's that will be scoring next week will be the McBride's...first on the field, then on Crosby's women
[/quote]

First, we need a little grammar lesson. The apostrophes are not needed. Neither show ownership and the use of them by you show a lack of education.  As does the intended but unfunny play on words that is your username.

As far as the attack on Crosby women: no comment. You do realize you have a picture of a 65 year old man in your signature?

[quote name="Cap Rock Brewing Co." post="1272624" timestamp="1347732327"]
[quote author=mikehoncho link=topic=103214.msg1272582#msg1272582 date=1347730583]
[/quote]

First, we need a little grammar lesson. The apostrophes are not needed. Neither show ownership and the use of them by you show a lack of education.  As does the intended but unfunny play on words that is your username.

As far as the attack on Crosby women: no comment. You do realize you have a picture of a 65 year old man in your signature?
[/quote]

My mistake, I'm on my iPad...my lack of education probably shines through on this thing

By the way, where did you you go to college?

Come on really? This is a SPORTS forum... not a English Language class. Besides correcting someones grammar just means you don't really have a good comeback. Yes I know we have all done it.... But it is kinda out dated...

[quote name="Cap Rock Brewing Co." post="1272624" timestamp="1347732327"]
[quote author=mikehoncho link=topic=103214.msg1272582#msg1272582 date=1347730583]
[/quote]

[/quote]
I'm sorry but that ref is NOT 65! No way.  8)

[quote name="mikehoncho" post="1272634" timestamp="1347732567"]
By the way, where did [b]you you[/b] go to college?
[/quote]

Blaming the iPad for adding apostrophes? Is that like blaming a gun for someone shooting another person? Anyway, I went to SFA for my undergrad. Not a great academic reputation but it is what it is.

So 45-14 huh? You aren't suffering from lack of oxygen are you?  If real money were on the table, no way you'd take Dayton at -31. 

[quote name="octfeb" post="1272639" timestamp="1347733015"]
Come on really? This is a SPORTS forum... not a English Language class. Besides correcting someones grammar just means you don't really have a good comeback. Yes I know we have all done it.... But it is kinda out dated...
[/quote]

Maybe grammar correction does get old. Putting down women does too.

[quote name="Hawkeye" post="1272641" timestamp="1347733079"]
I'm sorry but that ref is NOT 65! No way.  8)
[/quote]

Funniest thing said on this forum.  ;D 

[quote name="Cap Rock Brewing Co." post="1272652" timestamp="1347733456"]
[quote author=octfeb link=topic=103214.msg1272639#msg1272639 date=1347733015]
[/quote]

Maybe grammar correction does get old. [b]Putting down women does too.[/b]
[/quote] Yes most defiantly... no need for that either..

[quote name="Cap Rock Brewing Co." post="1272648" timestamp="1347733379"]
[quote author=mikehoncho link=topic=103214.msg1272634#msg1272634 date=1347732567]
By the way, where did [b]you you[/b] go to college?
[/quote]

Blaming the iPad for adding apostrophes? Is that like blaming a gun for someone shooting another person? Anyway, I went to SFA for my undergrad. Not a great academic reputation but it is what it is.

So 45-14 huh? You aren't suffering from lack of oxygen are you?  If real money were on the table, no way you'd take Dayton at -31.
[/quote]

Ahh...Ax 'Em Jacks(hope those are appropriately placed apostrophes)

It's funny, lack of education is a very slippery slope when posting on this board.  I've accused of many things, but being uneducated has never been one of them.

My well laid-out argument has no rebuttal from you, I take it. So I'll claim victory on the rationale portion of todays argument.

This one will get out of hand.  Dayton is the real deal this season.

I think Cap Rock and Mike Honcho need a signature bet.  If Dayton wins Cap Rock has to put that picture of Coach Stewart as his sig pic for the rest of the season.  If Crosby wins Mike Honcho has to put a crosby themed pic as his.  You boys in?

As far as predictions go, I predict that CougTalk will be awfully silent for a while, which will be good for all of us.  I also predict that Cap Rock will be upset after the game and will feel compelled to drink his pain away at Rowdy Bucks.  After one too many schaefer lights he'll wake up with some fatty that he brought home. 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder