Crosby at Dayton Predictions

WOSgrad

Who wins???????????  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins???????????

• Dayton
    • Crosby

After seeing both teams this year, Crosby has a nice team with those twins, but if you stop the twins you stop Crosby. Dayton Is not as good as they will be week after week, but Dayton is really too much for Crosby even at this point. #1 They have the speed and athletes to stop Crosby OF and #2 they have more than enough OF to destroy Crosby's defense.

Dayton  49
Crosby 28 (maybe)

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Cap Rock Brewing Co.
[quote name="mikehoncho" post="1272582" timestamp="1347730583"]
Crosby's opponents...Willis has lost two (one to you and one to Navasota, who is decent [color=red]IN 3A[/color]
[/quote]

Navasota is ranked #2 in the state in the AP poll. They should be #1 after this week. They didn't beat Willis any worse than we did.  Navasota is just decent?  ???

[quote name="Cap Rock Brewing Co." post="1272654" timestamp="1347733535"]
[quote author=Hawkeye link=topic=103214.msg1272641#msg1272641 date=1347733079]
I'm sorry but that ref is NOT 65! No way.  8)
[/quote]

Funniest thing said on this forum.  ;D
[/quote]Crosby's new secret weapons they trade one set of twins for another. ;)

[quote name="Cap Rock Brewing Co." post="1272742" timestamp="1347739365"]
[quote author=mikehoncho link=topic=103214.msg1272582#msg1272582 date=1347730583]
Crosby's opponents...Willis has lost two (one to you and one to Navasota, who is decent [color=red]IN 3A[/color]
[/quote]

Navasota is ranked #2 in the state in the AP poll. They should be #1 after this week. They didn't beat Willis any worse than we did.  Navasota is just decent?  ???
[/quote]So you are comparing yourself with a 3a level team...nice. :o

[quote name="JohnSmith" post="1272747" timestamp="1347739550"]
[quote author=Cap Rock Brewing Co. link=topic=103214.msg1272742#msg1272742 date=1347739365]
[quote author=mikehoncho link=topic=103214.msg1272582#msg1272582 date=1347730583]
[/quote]

[/quote]

that's because crosby is a 3a level team

[quote name="Mike Latorice" post="1272800" timestamp="1347741560"]
[quote author=JohnSmith link=topic=103214.msg1272747#msg1272747 date=1347739550]
[quote author=Cap Rock Brewing Co. link=topic=103214.msg1272742#msg1272742 date=1347739365]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote] :o ;D

First of all, what's with the 40 something to 20 something scores? Man, we can't get any more respect than that? Why do Crosby fans need a rebuttal? Y'all make the argument for us. We held Nederland to 21 pts with no turnovers at home, they just put 31 on Angleton on the road with 4 in the first quarter. Barbers Hill would be the best opponent y'all have played all year. I bet they put 30 on y'all, just like they did last year. Denny and O'Neal are beast in that option attack. Nobody has gotten close to 30 on us this year, 227 yards of offense won't do it either. Better be able to throw it because the D is physical. The Hill ran for 241 on us and they run it every play. Going into the game we we're giving up an average of 17 pts, The Hill scored 17. The O may be the best in the district, averaging 35 pts and about 450 ypg. I know Summer Creek's numbers are better but those will come down to Earth when district starts for them.  I think Dayton will be the second team to crack the 20 point mark, I just don't think it will be enough. Crosby 35 Dayton 27

[quote name="Mike Latorice" post="1272800" timestamp="1347741560"]
[quote author=JohnSmith link=topic=103214.msg1272747#msg1272747 date=1347739550]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]Navasota is probably the favorite in 3a to win the title. Coldspring just beat the #1 team in 3a, the La Marque Cougars. If my memory serves me correctly they have multiple state titles in 4a, not to mention were state semi-finalist last year with 3a enrollment. Coldspring's only loss this year is to that Navasota team you said was decent. I wouldn't count New Caney having a real win either, they beat Caney Creek who just lost to Willis. Navasota and Crosby beat Willis by 40 +.

[quote name="bronco pride" post="1272936" timestamp="1347748035"]
Daytons defense is only giving up about 4pts a game. We won last year at crosbys house and dayton returns more starters plus some sophmores on varsity that beat your freshman by 50.
[/quote]

Are you guys healthy?

[quote name="BHFAN" post="1272941" timestamp="1347748227"]
[quote author=bronco pride link=topic=103214.msg1272936#msg1272936 date=1347748035]
Daytons defense is only giving up about 4pts a game. We won last year at crosbys house and dayton returns more starters plus some sophmores on varsity that beat your freshman by 50.
[/quote]

Are you guys healthy?
[/quote]finally I think so. Daytons rb got back for the first time last night and ran great. Qb sat out but looked fine.

[quote name="cougar14" post="1272916" timestamp="1347747399"]
First of all, what's with the 40 something to 20 something scores? Man, we can't get any more respect than that? Why do Crosby fans need a rebuttal? Y'all make the argument for us. We held Nederland to 21 pts with no turnovers at home, they just put 31 on Angleton on the road with 4 in the first quarter. Barbers Hill would be the best opponent y'all have played all year. I bet they put 30 on y'all, just like they did last year. Denny and O'Neal are beast in that option attack. Nobody has gotten close to 30 on us this year, 227 yards of offense won't do it either. Better be able to throw it because the D is physical. The Hill ran for 241 on us and they run it every play. Going into the game we we're giving up an average of 17 pts, The Hill scored 17. The O may be the best in the district, averaging 35 pts and about 450 ypg. I know Summer Creek's numbers are better but those will come down to Earth when district starts for them.  I think Dayton will be the second team to crack the 20 point mark, I just don't think it will be enough. Crosby 35 Dayton 27
[/quote] 35/27 very unrealistic won't happen. Crosby will see physical when they meet up with Dayton's "D"  the big boy's in the trenches are big and quick and the back-field crew is faster than big Ned's backfield. We are loaded on offense with skill players with 5 or 6 players that can hang with the twins anyday. ( not taking anything away from the twins they are the real deal)  This should be a good game both teams have some play-makers. Dayton will win this one again !

[b]My signature is beneficial pyschology for all Dayton fans this week. [/b]

First off, you never see anything like that in Dayton. The two chicks on Mike Honcho's signature are probably typical Dayton fare.

Secondly,  the final phase of grief is acceptance.  Bronco fans need to get used to seeing twins that they won't be able to touch and that are completely out of their league. 

Lastly, I figured it would be nice for Dayton fans to actually look at twins sitting still that aren't standing in Dayton's end zone. They'll have plenty of time for that on Friday.

Does anybody know why The Chronicle hasn't updated the stats to reflect the Crosby-Willis game, only has the stats from the Nederland and Barbers Hill game? It says Austin has 316 rushing yards, it should be closer to 560. If he has a big game on Dayton he could be poised to crack the 1000 yard mark on Summer Creek the following week. Crosby's offense needs to be at the top of the district stat table where it belongs. The Creek put 444 yards of offense on the Reservation. I think those are closer to the numbers you will see them put up in the district. Should be the two most potent attacks in 19-4a. And for the last time Dayton fan, JERRY STEWART IS RETIRED! Last time you played Riordan y'all left the field crying, expect more of the same. Does anybody know the answer to the stat thing though?

[quote name="cougar14" post="1272975" timestamp="1347750054"]
Does anybody know why The Chronicle hasn't updated the stats to reflect the Crosby-Willis game, only has the stats from the Nederland and Barbers Hill game? Does anybody know the answer to the stat thing though?
[/quote]

Crosby was home for Willis but did not submit stats for the game, or the Chronicle never posted them. Yes, Austin has about 550 yards rushing in 3 games.  There is a 19-4A statistician so those should be published this week.  If you will PM me an email address, I should be able to get them for you.

Cougar14,

Crosby's offense is nowhere close to that ss offense. Not the play makers and certainly not the o-line. Let's not forget that Owens was probably calling the bulk of the plays for ss as well. Although, it seems like Riordan is doing a good job. I like your confidence though. I also won't compare this defense for Dayton to a week 16 state finalist defense. Different  teams all the way around. Should be a good one.

[quote name="cougar14" post="1272975" timestamp="1347750054"]
Does anybody know why The Chronicle hasn't updated the stats to reflect the Crosby-Willis game, only has the stats from the Nederland and Barbers Hill game? It says Austin has 316 rushing yards, it should be closer to 560. If he has a big game on Dayton he could be poised to crack the 1000 yard mark on Summer Creek the following week. Crosby's offense needs to be at the top of the district stat table where it belongs. The Creek put 444 yards of offense on the Reservation. I think those are closer to the numbers you will see them put up in the district. Should be the two most potent attacks in 19-4a. And for the last time Dayton fan, [b]JERRY STEWART IS RETIRED! [/b]Last time you played Riordan y'all left the field crying, expect more of the same. Does anybody know the answer to the stat thing though?
[/quote]This is true... He is retired from being HC.. But he is still the AD.. Don't think for a second that his opinions aren't heard, and used on the football field. And i have seen comments about the SS/Dayton game a couple times lately..  ::) Where were you when this game happened?  ??? I know where I was. I was at the Alamodome in San Antonio.  ;D So referring to that game has no relevance on the game coming up  on Sept. 29th.

[quote name="Cap Rock Brewing Co." post="1272969" timestamp="1347749836"]

First off, you never see anything like that in Dayton. The two chicks on Mike Honcho's signature are probably typical Dayton fare.

[/quote]

One of the "chicks" has owned Crosby for over a decade.  So put all the cheerleaders you want on your sig line...they can lick your wounds after the beating.

[quote name="Cap Rock Brewing Co." post="1272742" timestamp="1347739365"]
[/quote]

[/quote]

I have to agree.  Navasota is the No. 1 team in state for 3A.  I watched them put a beat down on Coldspring.  Coldspring has already beat C. E. King and LaMarque the year. Navasota would surprise many of the 19-4a teams if they were taken lightly.  My heart says Dayton wins this game, but it won't be by much.

For Crosby to win @ Dayton would be a big upset,because Dayton has not lost a dist game @Bronco stadium in 5 yrs (incl the 20-4a boys)I know of.Been playing a tuff pre-dist sch for many yrs in preparation for big games like this playing Angleton-Ike-Elkins-FW and the games lost were close to the buzzer.That OL/Dl that beat Coogs last yr are all seniors this yr.Dayton team speed will slow down the big play Coog O.Dayton by 14+ cause we own Crosby esp @ home & in playoffs of the past ;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    voodoopriestonline
    Newest Member
    voodoopriestonline