1. 1. Who wins???????????

• Dayton
    • Crosby

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="bronco pride" post="1273581" timestamp="1347807393"]
It was kinda funny after dayton scrimmaged fw all I heard from some people is how bad fw looked. Sc said they looked horrible. Guess fw isnt so bad after all maybe dayton just made them look that way. I said after the scrimmage I thought fw would contend for a playoff spot.
[/quote]
They did look horrible.

[quote name="SCDAWGS" post="1273592" timestamp="1347809384"]
[quote author=bronco pride link=topic=103214.msg1273581#msg1273581 date=1347807393]
It was kinda funny after dayton scrimmaged fw all I heard from some people is how bad fw looked. Sc said they looked horrible. Guess fw isnt so bad after all maybe dayton just made them look that way. I said after the scrimmage I thought fw would contend for a playoff spot.
[/quote]
They did look horrible.
[/quote]
You should also recall that we were not the only ones at the scrimmage who said that.

Mark it Coogs will test our secondary esp w/deep ball #15 @6'4"(put Marcain on this guy)and the screen pass.Not to concerned w/short stuff but need to wrap up w/contact.Typical upbeat fast play callin Sulph Sprgs type offense for sure.Most big plays come from the edges & qb draw #7 Qb & #27 rb the twins.Crosby has alot of depth w/29 seniors-18 jrs-3 soph-1 fresh kicker.Not as big upfront but swarm to the ball real good

[quote name="mikehoncho" post="1272582" timestamp="1347730583"]
[quote author=Cap Rock Brewing Co. link=topic=103214.msg1272487#msg1272487 date=1347726796]
Crosby by 9.  Broncos would be really foolish to give the same-old Crosby beat down predictions. This has the makings of another good game. It took a 100 yd kickoff return to beat Crosby last year and then Crosby rolled down the field and nearly sent it to overtime -great play by Dayton cornerback to seal the win. Crosby had more yards last year and could've easily won the game.

[u][b]Offense[/b][/u]: Big edge to Crosby. The Coogs are averaging 200 more yards a game on offense and have played better opponents thus far.  The Coogs are averaging 35 points/contest. Dayton comes in at 31/game. Riordan is just getting this offense clicking. Last time he called plays against Dayton, it wasn't pretty for the Broncos - and they had one heck of a defense in 2008. Crosby hung 63 on Willis who has actually won a game this year and put more than enough points on the Hill. 

[u][b]Defense[/b][/u]:
Slight edge to Dayton for now. Dayton has better numbers but has played three teams who have a combined record of 0-7. They were bend and not break against Elkins who is average 5A at best this season. The Broncos kept Livingston in check, who was w/o it's starting qb. Crosby had problems with Nederland's power game that opened up 1 on 1 matchups in the secondary. However, Crosby shut down Nederland in the 2nd half - forcing them to punt 4 times and completely neutralized BH after a shaky first half.

[u][b]Special Teams[/b][/u] Edge to Dayton. Carranco is Dayton's best weapon.
[/quote]

Where to begin...

1.  Dayton's opponents...Livingston has lost two (to Dayton and to Kingwood Park, both of whom will beat Crosby in district); Elkins has lost two as well (to Dayton and a very decent Hou-Lamar team...both of whom would beat Crosby) and New Caney(I have no argument that they have much going on, but they do have one win...which is MUCH more quality than BH win over Mexico)
2.  We've had more injuries thus far this year than we had all of last year. So by the time we hit you guys in the mouth next week, we'll be full force. It will be a team that no one's even seen yet.
3.  Crosby's opponents...Willis has lost two (one to you and one to Navasota, who is decent [color=red]IN 3A[/color], and their one win you're hanging your hat on is to Caney Creek, the same team your dogging New Caney for beating; Nederland is good and they handled you guys (we handled them in a scrimmage, and thats all we have to go by...whether they were "full strength" or not); BH is horrible this year their two wins come from a horrendous Nuevo Laredo team and Lumberton who is probably the worst team in SETX, if not the state.

All that being said, you DO NOT have more strength-of-schedule than Dayton.  Im so gald I have more than "cougtalk" to spar with over there...I always love how you guys beat crapy teams and then think you're world-beaters, only to lose to Dayton and end up fighting for thr 3rd or 4th playoff spot and lose in the first round to 20-4a...those are facts

But good luck with all that twin stuff you guys have...the only brother's that will be scoring next week will be the McBride's...first on the field, then on Crosby's women
[/quote]Can't argue with this! ;D ;D ;D

[quote name="dayton" post="1274243" timestamp="1347898536"]
[quote author=rollinac link=topic=103214.msg1274240#msg1274240 date=1347898394]
Definitely need to get the offense going this week...especially the passing game!
[/quote]

you gonna make this one AC?
[/quote]

Nope...I'll be in Auburn, AL for the LSU game this weekend!  I think I'm going to bring my laptop though and listen to the game Friday night!

I can see this game being close since it's so early in the season. (We all know how that early district game worked out last year  :'() But I still think the Broncs will win by a TD and/or a FG. For that to happen though, like others have stated, the Dayton offense will need to find some continuity quickly.

[quote name="rollinac" post="1274263" timestamp="1347899807"]
[quote author=dayton link=topic=103214.msg1274243#msg1274243 date=1347898536]
Definitely need to get the offense going this week...especially the passing game!
[/quote]

[/quote]

Nope...[b]I'll be in Auburn, AL for the LSU game this weekend![/b]  I think I'm going to bring my laptop though and listen to the game Friday night!
[/quote]

wow

[quote name="dayton" post="1274297" timestamp="1347902165"]
[quote author=rollinac link=topic=103214.msg1274263#msg1274263 date=1347899807]
[quote author=dayton link=topic=103214.msg1274243#msg1274243 date=1347898536]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Nope...[b]I'll be in Auburn, AL for the LSU game this weekend![/b]  I think I'm going to bring my laptop though and listen to the game Friday night!
[/quote]

wow
[/quote] LSU just got evacuated because of yet another bomb threat.

[quote name="BellBiz30" post="1274260" timestamp="1347899603"]
[quote author=mikehoncho link=topic=103214.msg1272582#msg1272582 date=1347730583]
[quote author=Cap Rock Brewing Co. link=topic=103214.msg1272487#msg1272487 date=1347726796]
Crosby by 9.  Broncos would be really foolish to give the same-old Crosby beat down predictions. This has the makings of another good game. It took a 100 yd kickoff return to beat Crosby last year and then Crosby rolled down the field and nearly sent it to overtime -great play by Dayton cornerback to seal the win. Crosby had more yards last year and could've easily won the game.

[u][b]Offense[/b][/u]: Big edge to Crosby. The Coogs are averaging 200 more yards a game on offense and have played better opponents thus far.  The Coogs are averaging 35 points/contest. Dayton comes in at 31/game. Riordan is just getting this offense clicking. Last time he called plays against Dayton, it wasn't pretty for the Broncos - and they had one heck of a defense in 2008. Crosby hung 63 on Willis who has actually won a game this year and put more than enough points on the Hill. 

[u][b]Defense[/b][/u]:
Slight edge to Dayton for now. Dayton has better numbers but has played three teams who have a combined record of 0-7. They were bend and not break against Elkins who is average 5A at best this season. The Broncos kept Livingston in check, who was w/o it's starting qb. Crosby had problems with Nederland's power game that opened up 1 on 1 matchups in the secondary. However, Crosby shut down Nederland in the 2nd half - forcing them to punt 4 times and completely neutralized BH after a shaky first half.

[/quote]

Where to begin...

1.  Dayton's opponents...Livingston has lost two (to Dayton and to Kingwood Park, both of whom will beat Crosby in district); Elkins has lost two as well (to Dayton and a very decent Hou-Lamar team...both of whom would beat Crosby) and New Caney(I have no argument that they have much going on, but they do have one win...which is MUCH more quality than BH win over Mexico)
2.  We've had more injuries thus far this year than we had all of last year. So by the time we hit you guys in the mouth next week, we'll be full force. It will be a team that no one's even seen yet.
3.  Crosby's opponents...Willis has lost two (one to you and one to Navasota, who is decent [color=red]IN 3A[/color], and their one win you're hanging your hat on is to Caney Creek, the same team your dogging New Caney for beating; Nederland is good and they handled you guys (we handled them in a scrimmage, and thats all we have to go by...whether they were "full strength" or not); BH is horrible this year their two wins come from a horrendous Nuevo Laredo team and Lumberton who is probably the worst team in SETX, if not the state.

All that being said, you DO NOT have more strength-of-schedule than Dayton.  Im so gald I have more than "cougtalk" to spar with over there...I always love how you guys beat crapy teams and then think you're world-beaters, only to lose to Dayton and end up fighting for thr 3rd or 4th playoff spot and lose in the first round to 20-4a...those are facts

But good luck with all that twin stuff you guys have...the only brother's that will be scoring next week will be the McBride's...first on the field, then on Crosby's women
[/quote] I can........."one to Navasota, who is decent [color=red]IN 3A[/color], " are you kidding???? Navasota is ranked 7th in max preps in the state, who beat Coldsprings, and Coldsprings beat La Marque...... I would say Navasota is better than "decent"...
And One big factor.... Coach Riodan.... put up how many points on Dayton in the State game??? (69)He is running the same OFF as then.... I believe he knows how to attack Dayton...
IMO this will be a close game... no blow outs unless one team shoots themselves in the foot with turnovers.... cant wait till friday..

[quote name="BellBiz30" post="1274260" timestamp="1347899603"]
[quote author=mikehoncho link=topic=103214.msg1272582#msg1272582 date=1347730583]

[u][b]Defense[/b][/u]:

[/quote]

Where to begin...

[/quote]I think I can argue a tad. Elkins got beat 48-15 by Lamar after y'all barely squeaked by them. The Willis, New Caney, Caney Creek thing is null and void because cause New Caney's only win is Caney Creek who just lost to Willis. We beat Willis by 50 in case you forgot. If Nederland, Willis, Barbers Hill was softer than Elkins, Livingston(winless), New Caney then I would be more worried than I am now. It's just hard for me to fathom Dayton averaging 227 yards of offense a game but will explode on Crosby. Last year we outgained y'all with a much less potent offense and y'all had Hererra. I've seen Chambers passing numbers and they're similiar to Denny's(Hill). YOU WILL NOT LINE UP AND RUN THE BALL ON CROSBY WITH NO PASSING GAME TO KEEP US HONEST. My co-worker told me the kid from Elkins dropped two td passes or it would have been a different game. Along with the 250 a game we're averaging rushing we have some playmaking receivers. Defense is giving up 17 a game. Just like I said to the Barbers Hill fans, if Crosby doesn't turn the ball over it's going to be hard to keep us under 40. Going to be a good one either way though.

[quote name="hitman009" post="1274322" timestamp="1347903328"]
[quote author=BellBiz30 link=topic=103214.msg1274260#msg1274260 date=1347899603]

[u][b]Defense[/b][/u]:

[/quote]

Where to begin...

[/quote] I can........."one to Navasota, who is decent [color=red]IN 3A[/color], " are you kidding???? Navasota is ranked 7th in max preps in the state, who beat Coldsprings, and Coldsprings beat La Marque...... I would say Navasota is better than "decent"...
And One big factor.... Coach Riodan....[b] put up how many points on Dayton in the State game??? [/b](69)He is running the same OFF as then.... I believe he knows how to attack Dayton...
IMO this will be a close game... no blow outs unless one team shoots themselves in the foot with turnovers.... cant wait till friday..
[/quote] Which would probably have not happened if alot of Dayton's players weren't playing both sides of the ball... 2nd half Dayton was getting tired... And SS took advantage of that (as they should have)... So don't base your logic on something that happened 4 years ago...

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder