NEDERLAND AT ANGLETON BROADCAST/Angleton wins 39-31!!

WOSgrad

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="syfilter81" post="1271550" timestamp="1347677539"]
So you wanna go into district thinking about what coulda been or a straight up lose.  maybe win, maybe lose? undefeated sure does look better to other teams they are facing.  All about the fear.
[/quote]

I would rather be healthy than for people fear us.  Nederland has already lost 2 of their best players Prior and Hopkins in this one.  No need to risk any further injuries. 

[quote name="PhatMack19" post="1271590" timestamp="1347677884"]
[quote author=syfilter81 link=topic=103088.msg1271550#msg1271550 date=1347677539]
So you wanna go into district thinking about what coulda been or a straight up lose.  maybe win, maybe lose? undefeated sure does look better to other teams they are facing.  All about the fear.
[/quote]

I would rather be healthy than for people fear us.  Nederland has already lost 2 of their best players Prior and Hopkins in this one.  No need to risk any further injuries.
[/quote]
Amen there.

Great game Dogs!! Nothing to hang your head about, y'all proved that y'all belong at least in the top 10 in the polls. Good thing is now we have a bye week between us and Vidor!! Rest up Dogs, get healthy and prepare for the next battle!! Safe travels back home to the fans that made the trip!

Hard fought game for both teams.  The Dogs have nothing to hang their heads about.  They have plenty to work on with the 5 turnovers and tons of penalties, but I believe they learned tonight that they can hang with anyone in the state.  Hopefully the injuries aren't too bad.  Larry will have them ready for district in 2 weeks. 

Awesome game to listen to.  Great job by Legacy Sports. 

[quote name="Tim Riggins" post="1271733" timestamp="1347679545"]
[quote author=Honest Abe link=topic=103088.msg1271721#msg1271721 date=1347679379]
Hats off to Angleton. They were very good!
[/quote]
Yes they are, but the 'Dogs were right there with them.
[/quote]Yep. Reduce those turnovers, and we win that game. Maybe we will get revenge in the playoffs.

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1271817" timestamp="1347681071"]
I agree with Neumann's call to go for 2. if he pulled that at home then i would question it. He made the correct move.
[/quote]Agreed! Non district game on the road, why not go for it? If we convert the 2pt conversion, he's a genius, right?

Wow. What a show of determination by Nederland. Coming out and having four turnovers in the 1st quarter would've shut down a lot of teams but they fought and fought and came very close to a win against an incredible Angleton team. I think going for 2 was absolutely the right call. It was raining Cats and Dogs out there tonight! (pardon the pun). I'm very glad I made the long drive, it was well worth it. Very proud of this team, they deserve a top 10 spot in the polls. Good luck wildcats.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder