NEDERLAND AT ANGLETON BROADCAST/Angleton wins 39-31!!

WOSgrad

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://panews.com/sports/x1059021451/Nederland-Angleton-Box-Score

[color=purple]The numbers are just like the game,  very close. Congrats to Nederland on keeping the 'Cats below the 300 yard mark. I believe last year they were averaging 450 yards a game and so far this year they were averaging the same. Hopefully we do not have to wait until next year for the next game.[/color]

Have a question for Nederland fans.  Did it look to anyone like Carson Raines flipped a switch last night.  I realize he was not perfect in the passing game, but it appeared that the designed runs really got him more "INTO" the flow of the game.  I saw him step up in the pocket and deliver the football like I haven't ever seen him in the past.  It appeared to me like he took his game to another level and wanted other comments.

[quote name="Razor" post="1272110" timestamp="1347688451"]
Just got home, but wow, what a game!  Really proud of the Dogs...they could have easily mailed it in after 4 first quarter turnovers, but that just isn't in the makeup of this bunch...they will fight you...hats off to Angleton...they are very good, but I cannot say that I was surprised by that...I expected them to be dang good and they did not disappoint...I would love to see them again in the playoffs.

As for the injuries, Pryor has a hyper-extended elbow, Delfirio has a concussion...not sure about Hopkins...sure hope these guys can heal up in 2 weeks for the district opener...it's time to defend the crown!!!

And going for 2??  Absolutley the right call in a non-district road game...I have zero problem with that at all.

Congrats to both teams...really good, exciting game in miserable weather, but fun as heck to watch.
[/quote]

Zac Taylor stepped up when Hopkins went out.    60 yards on 8 carries!

[quote name="NDOMAKONG" post="1272366" timestamp="1347720813"]
Have a question for Nederland fans.  Did it look to anyone like Carson Raines flipped a switch last night.  I realize he was not perfect in the passing game, but it appeared that the designed runs really got him more "INTO" the flow of the game.  I saw him step up in the pocket and deliver the football like I haven't ever seen him in the past.  It appeared to me like he took his game to another level and wanted other comments.
[/quote]Agreed, after his rough 1st qtr the coaches put the ball in his hands to run. It seemed to fuel his confidence and in turn he played much better from then on.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder