COLDSPRING-OAKHURST AT LA MARQUE BROADCAST/#1 GOES DOWN! CS WINS 27-21 in OT!

WOSgrad

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="cbmurphy11" post="1271828" timestamp="1347681274"]
[quote author=Trigger link=topic=103077.msg1271709#msg1271709 date=1347679134]
Honestly, that Navasota game was a few plays from a different outcome....but aren't they all ;D

27-21 CS
[/quote]

I was at the game and it was not a few plays from being a different outcome.  If anything Navasota dropped several passes that could have turned into more points.  Coldspring was over matched from the beginning.  There is not going to be many 3A teams that are going to be able to stop the Navasota passing game.  Its going to take ball control team to slow them down.
[/quote]

Thanks for getting on our blog let me give Nav some props ALL HAIL NAVASOTA dont get to cocky long way to go but we appreciate your compliments on taking down #1

[quote name="texaggies07" post="1272079" timestamp="1347687015"]
I hate that it took losing to Navasota to wake us up but, at least we're awake now.  I only got to listen to the second half.  From what I heard though we done a much better job.  We still need to eliminate turnovers.  We could have won the game in regulation if not for the fumble down at the 2 yard line.  Way to go Trojans.  We got another challenge again next week with LCM.
[/quote]
It was a great game.  No offense to La Marque, but they are not in the same league with Navasota.  I know we made some adjustments after Navasota, and we were playing with a different perspective, but Navasota was just flat awesome.  If they don't win state this year I will be really surprised.  La Marque was no where near as physical as Navasota.  They had the same look at the end of the game as the CS kids had last week.  Looked a little shell shocked and were getting up pretty slow after the plays.  CS played a lot more physical tonight, and it looked to have taken a toll on the La Marque boys. 
But, a little word of warning!! Both of these teams are going to have to do a better job of holding on to the ball.  If they keep turning the ball over like these first 3 games, they might both be at home watching the State Championships on Fox Sports.

[quote name="TROJANSWIN" post="1272133" timestamp="1347689089"]
[quote author=texaggies07 link=topic=103077.msg1272079#msg1272079 date=1347687015]
I hate that it took losing to Navasota to wake us up but, at least we're awake now.  I only got to listen to the second half.  From what I heard though we done a much better job.  We still need to eliminate turnovers.  We could have won the game in regulation if not for the fumble down at the 2 yard line.  Way to go Trojans.  We got another challenge again next week with LCM.
[/quote]
It was a great game.  No offense to La Marque, but they are not in the same league with Navasota.  I know we made some adjustments after Navasota, and we were playing with a different perspective, but Navasota was just flat awesome.  If they don't win state this year I will be really surprised.  La Marque was no where near as physical as Navasota.  They had the same look at the end of the game as the CS kids had last week.  Looked a little shell shocked and were getting up pretty slow after the plays.  CS played a lot more physical tonight, and it looked to have taken a toll on the La Marque boys. 
But, a little word of warning!! Both of these teams are going to have to do a better job of holding on to the ball.  If they keep turning the ball over like these first 3 games, they might both be at home watching the State Championships on Fox Sports.
[/quote]

I have to agree I will be shocked if Navasota dosent win a state championship and for La Marque or CS to have a shot at one they will have to face each other again should be another great one.

Navasota is very good and very disciplined.  They probably should have played for a title last year.  I hope they go division 1 again this year.  If we do have to play them again I think we could beat them.  We just have to play with more heart and eliminate the mistakes.  They are very good at capitalizing on opponent mistakes.  I love this non-district schedule and really believe it will help the boys come playoff time. 

[quote name="j_dog" post="1271214" timestamp="1347673817"]
[quote author=mighymouse490 link=topic=103077.msg1271206#msg1271206 date=1347673697]
there is nothing 4a ish about LM. have seen the numbers??
[/quote]

it is not the numbers; it is the ATHLETES.
[/quote]
For sure it's the Larrys and Joes. CS is a smaller 3A school, but they've got athletes, always have.

[quote name="Trojan10" post="1272263" timestamp="1347712711"]
I knew my boys would win this game. La Marque really doesn't have great passing nor rushing offense to really go far.. And yeah Navasota's passing is great, got to have better discipline and pass defense to stop Navasota. Good game Trojans!!!
[/quote]"Nor a good rushing offense to really go far"..... Our QB had 180 rushing !!! And our starting RB only touched the ball 10 times the whole game and racked up 90 yards. Let us not forget it is still preseason.. district hasnt even began much less for playoffs so sloooow your roll there short stuff. We have more than enough time to improve on both sides of the ball. Coldsprings just made us pay for our sloppiness on the line, and believe when we meet again that problem will be brought to our attention. I think this loss will actually do us more good than bad, we needed that slap in the head. The boys have to realize that persistent execution is just as important as having an athletic advantage over your opponent.

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1272085" timestamp="1347687262"]
[quote author=texaggies07 link=topic=103077.msg1272079#msg1272079 date=1347687015]
I hate that it took losing to Navasota to wake us up but, at least we're awake now.  I only got to listen to the second half.  From what I heard though we done a much better job.  We still need to eliminate turnovers.  We could have won the game in regulation if not for the fumble down at the 2 yard line.  Way to go Trojans.  [b]We got another challenge again next week with LCM[/b].
[/quote]LMAO
[/quote]Coldspring should be able to handle LCM without too many problems.  Unless they don't come back to earth from beating Lamarque.

[quote name="CSN" post="1272145" timestamp="1347689488"]
[quote author=TROJANSWIN link=topic=103077.msg1272133#msg1272133 date=1347689089]
[/quote]
[/quote]

I have to agree I will be shocked if Navasota dosent win a state championship and for La Marque or CS to have a shot at one they will have to face each other again should be another great one.
[/quote]

I think West Orange-Stark will have some say in that state championship talk :).

[quote name="Txdragon" post="1272833" timestamp="1347742875"]
[quote author=CSN link=topic=103077.msg1272145#msg1272145 date=1347689488]
[quote author=TROJANSWIN link=topic=103077.msg1272133#msg1272133 date=1347689089]
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

I think West Orange-Stark will have some say in that state championship talk :).
[/quote]
They sure might.  Which ever team comes out of our region this year should have a good chance of winning it all.  WO-S should go Division II 3 A correct?
That would put Coldspring, La Marque, and WO-S all three in Division II.  I say that 1 of those are the eventual state champion.

[quote name="TROJANSWIN" post="1272888" timestamp="1347745822"]
[quote author=Txdragon link=topic=103077.msg1272833#msg1272833 date=1347742875]
[quote author=CSN link=topic=103077.msg1272145#msg1272145 date=1347689488]
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
They sure might.  Which ever team comes out of our region this year should have a good chance of winning it all.  WO-S should go Division II 3 A correct?
That would put Coldspring, La Marque, and WO-S all three in Division II.  I say that 1 of those are the eventual state champion.
[/quote]

I sure think so. I think our region winner would have a great chance of taking home
the trophy and if it is not us we will be rooting for the region winner.

[quote name="texaggies07" post="1273030" timestamp="1347752765"]
Region 3 is gonna be very tough.  I think Carthage is back in the region as well.  Whoever survives out of the Region should win the title unless they have a big letdown in the semi finals or finals.  One thing for sure they will be battle tested.
[/quote]

Carthage will be D1.

Well that's good.  We still have a lot of good teams in the region.  I'm not sure what to think about Stephenville on the other side.  They lost the first one to the team from Mexico and then took it out on Aledo and Ozen.  Stephenville may go big school as well.  So other than region 3 not sure who is strong in the other regions.  I know Wimberely has lost twice already.

[quote name="tjcfan08" post="1273365" timestamp="1347766824"]
Great job Barbay and scouting crew.....Can't believe your fans were second guessing you last week.... ::)
[/quote]

I don't think the fans were questioning just stating that we needed to fix some problems in order to beat La Marque.  In fact I think we still need to cure fumblitis before we can be elite

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder