When will WOS lose another district game?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="mikelbene" post="1232036" timestamp="1340311845"]
November 2nd.
[/quote]

Lol!!! If WOS loses a district game in the future, it won't be to BC. Poor guys, I bet its hard to get your dreams pounced on every year. Seems like to me that they couldn't care less about making it far in the playoffs. If they beat WOS, that whole town would put up banners, make shirts, and paint their water tower with the words...."Welcome to Bridge City, we finally beat WOS" lol.

Playing good competition makes you better... It's nice to have cross-town rivals as tough as you guys.  Seems like it was fourth and goal in the Mustang red zone with under a minute left as were were trying to score and take the lead last year.  We didn't convert, and your streak remains intact.  You see, that's the good thing about our rivalry.  We have nothing to lose.  You're the ones that one day will have to watch a bunch of people dressed in red celebrating like they just won the Olympics. There will be kids in blue with their bottom lips stuck out.... clipboards will be thrown around on the Mustang sideline.... Somebody's going to dump the gatorade on Coach Stump...  We're all going to want our picture taken with your mascot, etc....

You see, late on the night of November 2, it really won't matter if WOS gets another W.  But if BC gets the win, you guys will be the chumps that let those kids from BC take one from you.  I'm ready..... Are y'all?

[quote name="mikelbene" post="1232108" timestamp="1340328547"]
Playing good competition makes you better... It's nice to have cross-town rivals as tough as you guys.  Seems like it was fourth and goal in the Mustang red zone with under a minute left as were were trying to score and take the lead last year.  We didn't convert, and your streak remains intact.  You see, that's the good thing about our rivalry.  We have nothing to lose.  You're the ones that one day will have to watch a bunch of people dressed in red celebrating like they just won the Olympics. There will be kids in blue with their bottom lips stuck out.... clipboards will be thrown around on the Mustang sideline.... Somebody's going to dump the gatorade on Coach Stump...  We're all going to want our picture taken with your mascot, etc....

You see, late on the night of November 2, it really won't matter if WOS gets another W.  But if BC gets the win, you guys will be the chumps that let those kids from BC take one from you.  I'm ready..... Are y'all?
[/quote] :o :o :o

[/quote]

Well, it seems that the night of Nov. 2nd REALLY does matter. If it didn't, obviously you wouldn't have written a short story fiction. Trust me, if there was a year to be so bold in BC, its not this year.lol. the real question is.....will yall even score a point......

The fact is this.  Y'all were lucky to avoid getting beat in your own house by the Cards last year.  There wasn't a butt on the bleachers on either side until we got stopped on fourth down, driving for the lead in the final minute. 

So when you guys come on here, talking about shutting out every opponent in district, and wondering whether or not your're ever going to lose a district game... Well, it's motivating.  Did you notice that you guys aren't even ranked this year?  It's kinda like when everybody knows that some guy's fly is open but him. 

It's gonna be sweet.   

[quote name="mikelbene" post="1232124" timestamp="1340332239"]
The fact is this.  Y'all were lucky to avoid getting beat in your own house by the Cards last year.  There wasn't a butt on the bleachers on either side until we got stopped on fourth down, driving for the lead in the final minute. 

So when you guys come on here, talking about shutting out every opponent in district, and wondering whether or not your're ever going to lose a district game... Well, it's motivating.  Did you notice that you guys aren't even ranked this year?  It's kinda like when everybody knows that some guy's fly is open but him. 

It's gonna be sweet. 
[/quote]

WO-S was lucky?  Did you win?  So, what are you boasting about?  Last year was as good a chance as BC has ever had at beating WO-S and [u]you still couldn't do it[/u]. 

We don't care about being ranked.  It's all about winning one game at a time, winning district, then talking one playoff game at a time.  These are goals BC should aim for...not just beating WO-S.   

So when you come on here talking about "this is gonna be the year" and "you barely won last year", prove it on the field and the scoreboard.  Until then, enjoy any little moral victory you can find.  Your blowhard post is weak.

Not this year. But when the Stangs do lose another district game it will most likely come at the hands of Silsbee. The Tigers are the only team in the district that can match up with WOS on an annual basis. Silsbee defeated WOS in district a few years ago and should have had a couple more.

I don't see anyone defeating WOS in district this year.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1232156" timestamp="1340364177"]
Not this year. But when the Stangs do lose another district game it will most likely come at the hands of Silsbee. The Tigers are the only team in the district that can match up with WOS on an annual basis. Silsbee defeated WOS in district a few years ago and should have had a couple more.

I don't see anyone defeating WOS in district this year.
[/quote]
Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding...We have winner!!!

It will happen some day and it will probably be Silsbee...But I will say that there is a group of Freshman this year at HF that might have a say in three years...Only problem is I am not sure if one very, very good HF class can compete with two very good WOS classes and one WOS class that is just good not very good.

[/quote]

To call  Bc & WOS is a rivalry game ...I would think Bc would need to win a least ONE game

• 8 months later...
Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="Rizon" post="1386146" timestamp="1363502448"]
Silsbee will beat them this year.
[/quote]If the Tigers stay healthy, not only do they beat WOS, they should make another deep run in the playoffs.

[quote name="Farmer Fran" post="1386149" timestamp="1363503605"]
[quote author=Rizon link=topic=100659.msg1386146#msg1386146 date=1363502448]
Silsbee will beat them this year.
[/quote]If the Tigers stay healthy, not only do they beat WOS, they should make another deep run in the playoffs.
[/quote]Game is in Silsbee this year, with the majority of the team back, i agree also that Silsbee beats them. I dont see any other team in the district doing it unless BC or Orangefield have the game of their lives.

Thats funny...You barely had us 14-0 at halftime... As sorry as we are and as many athletes as we need, figured WOS and Silsbee would have beaten poor ol HJ at least 100-0. But you didnt because we had some sophmore's that were not having it. You guys lost athletes, key athletes, we didnt loose any and now some of those that should have been out on the field and werent will be with a new coach and probably 20 more that didnt play in the past... You guys keep talking, we'll see...

Guest Air Bisquit
[quote name="bedelmon" post="1386196" timestamp="1363541330"]
Thats funny...You barely had us 14-0 at halftime... As sorry as we are and as many athletes as we need, figured WOS and Silsbee would have beaten poor ol HJ at least 100-0. But you didnt because we had some sophmore's that were not having it. You guys lost athletes, key athletes, we didnt loose any and now some of those that should have been out on the field and werent will be with a new coach and probably 20 more that didnt play in the past... You guys keep talking, we'll see...
[/quote]Keep dreaming!!! Silsbee and WOS will destroy HJ, then what will your excuse be?

I know!!
We had a new coach, 20 new kids, new offense, our defense was unstoppable our "[b]all world DE[/b]" was killing people, but we had some others players that should have been playing other positions. wait till next year..blah blah blah

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder