Lance Dale resigns at Kountze/Taking assistant's job at East Chambers

Guest ECBucFan
[quote name="old doc" post="1230213" timestamp="1339542977"]
He doesn't stay long anywhere he goes.
[/quote]

I don't really know his history, but maybe he has found a home at EC. He lives in the neighborhood, pretty much.

Guest incognito123
There is more to this story than he just felt like being an assistant was a better fit for him.  Anyone know what is going on?  I remember him saying that the HF job was the only job he would leave Kountze for, then he jumps for an assistant job at EC?  fishy fishy fishy.

Its a little strange to me how every coach that goes to kountze says I'm here to stay and build a program then poof they are gone.my son is a sr there and lots of his friends including my son are just fed up,it's hard to keep them motivated when no foundation is implemented in the first place.jm 2¢

Guest farfromhome
How did he land a job at East Chambers when the only teaching job posted for that district for some time was/is an English position that is still on the website? 

Being a head coach AND an athletic director requires very much a person's time.  If that person is having to teach multiple classes it is very difficult to get the job as AD and Head coach done.  There is no question that Kountze has the talent to be successful in everything, Lance showed that by winning the District Championship in track...I believe he would have been successful in football if he were to have stayed.  If you look closely as the other head coaches in his district, and I don't know this for a fact, but I would be surprised if the East Chambers, Newton, Anahuac and Woodville coaches were teaching classes to go along with their AD job.  I would surely hope that there is no one in a powerful position that is trying to keep the football program down, some feel that because they are always successful in basketball that some don't want any other sport to prosper...I know coach Joubert doesn't feel that way, he is a great "coach" both on the court and on the field.  I would say that if you want a coach to come in to Kountze and stay and win the school board and adminsitration is going to make the job secure enough to have that happen.  I think you lost a good man and coach, but not everyone can be a David, the GIANTS win after a while.  The athletes are there and after talking to one of them at the All-Star game they really want to win in football.  If the father of the Sr. that posted earlier is serious about wanting his son to have a solid last year and wants the future of Kountze football to prosper, which I think it can, you will need to voice that to the powers to be.  I had a coach from Anahuac and from Woodville tell me that they don't want anyone to wake up the "sleeping giant" in Kountze.  Well, here is your chance...go out and get the best person for the job, offer him what Newton, East Chambers, Anahuac and Woodville have...A chance to succeed.

[quote name="farfromhome" post="1230445" timestamp="1339617115"]
How did he land a job at East Chambers when the only teaching job posted for that district for some time was/is an English position that is still on the website?
[/quote]
EC has money and the AD has power to hire.

Kountze been the coaching graveyard.  The reason, in years past we had an athletic trainer as the AD...smart right! Then we hire one of the nicest guys I have ever met and they ran over him...kids and certain staff because he was uncertain and the support was non-existent with exception of certain Board members.  Kountze has to have an AD with tough skin and the ability to put his head down and bull his way through the crap and blaze a trail of leadership in the athletic program. At the same time be a head coach that can be an effective leader and allow an offensive and defensive coordinator to develop an effective game plan and sit back and be the guidance and discipline on and off the field.  Lance was a great guy who cared about kids and for that I thank him! Lance would do great if he were coming in and taking over a program that was inline and running with some success, but in this situation he was throw to the wolves and expected to build a program with little or no direction from those who promised it. He was a first time AD and head coach and it was understood that he would need help...the question the KOUNTZE ADMINISTRATION need to ask themselves...WHY? I will tell you what I think...YOU FAILED TO SUPPORT LANCE DALE LIKE YOU SAID YOU WOULD!  The result another set back for kids and staff. 

Kountze as a coaching graveyard you say.....We have only had 18 head coaches since 1980.
31 years 18 head football coaches. Hell I was one of them. Coaches come and go. 2 maybe 3 winning seasons (depending on the hurricane year) in that stretch with no playoff appearances.

Lots of factors are involved along with a lot of politics, jealousy, backstabbing, negative community involvement, the list keeps going.

Formula for success = MAGIC BEANS

hey wideveer lance was not the track coach, I was. The kids won the district meet.

sincerely,

Paul Colton

Guest incognito123
[quote name="gotoguy" post="1232312" timestamp="1340397378"]
Kountze as a coaching graveyard you say.....We have only had 18 head coaches since 1980.
31 years 18 head football coaches. Hell I was one of them. Coaches come and go. 2 maybe 3 winning seasons (depending on the hurricane year) in that stretch with no playoff appearances.

Lots of factors are involved along with a lot of politics, jealousy, backstabbing, negative community involvement, the list keeps going.

hey wideveer lance was not the track coach, I was. The kids won the district meet.

sincerely,

Paul Colton

[/quote]

Are you an active Kountze coach?  If so, I can't believe you are posting here using your name.  I knew coaches posted, but most hide. 

Guest ECBucFan
I really do feel bad for the young men at Kountze who want to play football. I think the deck is stacked against them. I hope in time the powers that be in Kountze will grow to appreciate and support the football program. 

Incidentally, I posted the following in another thread regarding the Liberty QB leaving: 

[i]Liberty might have lost their QB, but good news is that LISD just hired a great superintendent. Dr. Abshire will do a great job for the school, and the Panther athletic dept. might improve too.

Academically and athletically, it really pays off to have the right super in place. Look at EC, academically recognized, fiscally sound, and excellent in football & basketball. Thats a winning combination![/i]  8)

It's reassuring to know coaches [i]want[/i] to coach at EC. It's all about support. 

BringThePain Why should I not use my name?  Some posters on here make statements behind their secret usernames. If I can't say it and stand behind it , it's better not to say it at all. Everyone has the right to disagree with me on any subject I post about on this board. Sometimes it is important to know who is posting so that others will know if he or she should be taken seriously. Where, and from whom statements come from lend credibility or deny it. I will never post a reply that I do not sign. I speak the truth. Almost all of my posts are about Kountze. I live here, I have coached here 13 out of 26 years of my career. I have lived here 44 of my 48 years of life.
If I get in trouble for something I say on this forum so be it. I am like the old obnoxious uncle at the family reunion, just roll your eyes, wipe the drool off my lip, and forgive me.

Sincerely,

Paul Colton

[quote name="BringThePain" post="1232343" timestamp="1340403646"]
[quote author=gotoguy link=topic=100507.msg1232312#msg1232312 date=1340397378]

sincerely,

Paul Colton

[/quote]

Are you an active Kountze coach?  If so, I can't believe you are posting here using your name.  I knew coaches posted, but most hide.
[/quote]

I respect him for not hiding behind his name. I have seen many coaches not hide behind a name on here.

[quote name="Rizon" post="1232416" timestamp="1340416678"]
[quote author=BringThePain link=topic=100507.msg1232343#msg1232343 date=1340403646]
[quote author=gotoguy link=topic=100507.msg1232312#msg1232312 date=1340397378]

sincerely,

Paul Colton

[/quote]

[/quote]

I respect him for not hiding behind his name. I have seen many coaches not hide behind a name on here.
[/quote]Are you saying that 18 coaches in 31 years is NOT bad?  Thats 1.7 years per coach...thats some serious deep rooted problems!

Sorry, but Dale got support but as usual once someone's boy didn't play where he should the parents start the bitching and run the Coach and the AD in the ground !!  Sorry folks that''s life we don't always get what we want.  Everyone doesn't get a trophy !  I Also feel the program wasn't stong enough for Dale to walk in and take over.  He was a very unorganized person but.......  he loved his kids. I think he just might have been too nice for this school.  He loved to tell you what you wanted to hear.  Sometimes you just need to tell Little Johnny's dad "I'm sorry but your son is not going to play that position he just isn't good enough !"  And encourage them to work with the child more and not wait until the first day of practice and assume he is getting the position.  It takes a strong willed person to walk into this district and do what needs to be done and I think they have found the man with the back bone and the man who really doesn't care whose kid is who ?? 
For once I hope the parents stay out of Coach Franklins way and lets the man do his job ! Hey little Johnny might get disciplined but thats the name of the game.  Oh and Little Johnny may not play or be in the position YOU think he should be !!!  But unless you are a coach I suggest you leave them alone !!  It's embarrassing the way this town is acting on this forum and I am ashamed of a bunch of you guys !!  Once again everyone forgets about the kids and just has to stir the pot !!  Coach Colton I respect you for putting your name on here but it is only stirring the pot more and I think it's time to just leave it and let's move forward !  This has gone on too long ! Good luck to Coach Dale and also Congrats to Tracy Franklin !! 

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    mutubajames
    Newest Member
    mutubajames