Future of Liberty County

In comparing Liberty to HD you have to consider the difference and level of numbers and competition between 1A and 3A. As you go up in divisions the level of competition increases drastically. There will generally always be one team at a higher level that couldn't compete with anybody, but overall theres no comparison. I was on a pretty good Hardin team that moved from 2A to 3A, we scheduled our former 2A foes for non-district games that year and swept them, but at 3A we were no match only beating East Chambers barely, 14-8. I remember being amazed at how many more kids the other teams had, how they had seperate kickoff and kickoff return teams, we all went both ways. Personally, I think it would be ugly for HD, they don't want any of Liberty. But also, it would be ugly for Liberty to play Dayton. Sometimes pride and the past clouds logical thinking.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="bushpilot" post="1221387" timestamp="1336829219"]
In comparing Liberty to HD you have to consider the difference and level of numbers and competition between 1A and 3A. As you go up in divisions the level of competition increases drastically. There will generally always be one team at a higher level that couldn't compete with anybody, but overall theres no comparison. I was on a pretty good Hardin team that moved from 2A to 3A, we scheduled our former 2A foes for non-district games that year and swept them, but at 3A we were no match only beating East Chambers barely, 14-8. I remember being amazed at how many more kids the other teams had, how they had seperate kickoff and kickoff return teams, we all went both ways. Personally, I think it would be ugly for HD, they don't want any of Liberty. But also, it would be ugly for Liberty to play Dayton. Sometimes pride and the past clouds logical thinking.
[/quote]
Great post... And I for one do not disagree Liberty would get mashed by dayton, we do not have the speed or numbers to compete against Dayton. That being said I do not know a single person in Liberty who would back down from the chance to play them. I would personally like to see a return to that rivalry, even though Liberty would be on the losing side, it would be a great choice for a non district game IMO.

[quote name="H-D BOBCAT 55" post="1221152" timestamp="1336784576"]
LP6 Liberty is a 3A and H-D is a 1A. Liberty has never been a football school. Heck, most of the Liberty teams won maybe 3 games a year, up until the 90's. Every once in a while Liberty would get a stud and ride him to a first round exit in the playoffs. And yes Liberty for years has lived in the shadow of all the football championships HD has won.(Including the only State Championship in Liberty County) And for you to call those top players out at H-D and say they won't play college ball is wrong. Tyler Drake lead that team in TD's and in many peoples eyes was the best player. Heck Drake ran for 6 td's in one game. I believe Drake will play college ball, and Chris Taylor has the size to also. H-D would have beat Liberty in football all the way up until about the last 4 years. Now with Coach Finney here, H-D will be ready to play Liberty in 2 seasons, trust me.  ;) ;D Get over Liberty football, stick to tennis and golf. H-D and Dayton are the football schools in this County.  ;D 8)
[/quote]
H-d WAS a football school it is going downhill maybe this new coach can change that, but you have to realize that the state title won 30+ years ago no longer matters. And do not try to compare H-D to Dayton. Dayton has made playoffs for a straight sixteen years in a 4a district that is alot tougher and bigger than H-D's As to the 1st round exits, when was the last time H-d got out of the first round? Congratulations Y'all regularly make playoffs in a 5 team district then lose in the first round. i have never claimed Liberty is a football school. It is not. However, to say that that is a reason that H-D is better than Liberty is insane. Being a football school, H-D should have had at least enough players to field a J.V team this year. Daisetta saw its peak in the 70's Liberty is about to start a winning tradition that i see lasting a very long time.

[quote name="H-D BOBCAT 55" post="1221152" timestamp="1336784576"]
LP6 Liberty is a 3A and H-D is a 1A. Liberty has never been a football school. Heck, most of the Liberty teams won maybe 3 games a year, up until the 90's. Every once in a while Liberty would get a stud and ride him to a first round exit in the playoffs. And yes Liberty for years has lived in the shadow of all the football championships HD has won.(Including the only State Championship in Liberty County) And for you to call those top players out at H-D and say they won't play college ball is wrong. Tyler Drake lead that team in TD's and in many peoples eyes was the best player. Heck Drake ran for 6 td's in one game. I believe Drake will play college ball, and Chris Taylor has the size to also. H-D would have beat Liberty in football all the way up until about the last 4 years. Now with Coach Finney here, H-D will be ready to play Liberty in 2 seasons, trust me.  ;) ;D Get over Liberty football, stick to tennis and golf. H-D and Dayton are the football schools in this County.  ;D 8)
[/quote]
We are the same now as we were prior to the past 4 seasons so your wrong, yes you are 1A and we are 3A but as far as you being able to beat us all the way up until 4 years ago is insane, you can be a "football town" Anthony Chamber would have ran circles around HD, Reggi White 1000 yard rusher at OKST would have ran cirlces around Hd, Tony Bua NFl player, and Donald Douglas ex Florida gator would all have ran circles around HD, all these teams were only 1 round exits sure, but that's not the topic, we were in 3 and 4 a not 1a, so just because you went to state in 1A doesn't mean a lick of anything just because Douglas didn't make it to STate, he Chambers, White, and all the others i mentioned would run through HD and thats all prior to 4 years ago,2003 Liberty went 10-0 state ranked and exited the first round but so what? HD didnt put us out of the playoffs, another 3A team did, we would have beaten HD in 2003,2004, the junior and senior years of Bua,White,Chambers Liberty would have beaten HD, 4a or 3a on some of those years just because we didn't make it far doesn't mean a single thing comparing your team to ours,  2004 Liberty won district  exited the 2st round yeah but they would have beaten Hd easily, And as far as last year no doubt we'd win, same as the year before, then the year before we weren't good no playoffs, but Texas State's FS Jeremy Dickey at QB along with Tevin Braxton and Martin Sterling would have been too much for the HD secondary to even cover, the year before that Jamarcus Glen would have run through HD, your comparing records in 1A to records in 3A they don't transcribe, I'm comparing players I personally seen play to some of your players I KNOW and have seen play such as monster of a running back Aaron Cook from HD great Athlete great runner, yes would have started in Liberty his senior year, but seeing him and his records then looking at Glen who had no where near the succes in his respected district, but knowing both the guys seeing them both play there about the same but Glen's competiton was harder, this is how im comparing the two, you on the other hand are talking out of you head based on "tradition" "past records"  and being a "footbal town" this is Texas sir, we are all football towns we all respect the game and we would have destroyed HD as a matter of fact the all time leading record favors Liberty, we have had more success at the next level and send more players to the next level, we aren't a powerhouse by no means, but we do have athletes that would have been able to get the job done against HD, maybe not 10 times out of ten in the last 50 years but for sure more times than HD would have, now to touch on the topic of Drake, yes good players I'll take back saying he won't play college ball, I hope he has great success in college but all im saying is 6tds or no 6tds at the end of the day Dennis Antoine is still a returning 1000 yard rusher as a sohpomore standing 6ft weighing 200 Drake wouldn't start you said Drake would "start both ways in Liberty" all im saying is that is not true, now with all that being said Liberty would dominate HD now, next year, the year after and so on, youll never ever be what you were.

[quote name="LP6" post="1222159" timestamp="1337019523"]
[quote author=H-D BOBCAT 55 link=topic=97792.msg1221152#msg1221152 date=1336784576]
[/quote]
We are the same now as we were prior to the past 4 seasons so your wrong, yes you are 1A and we are 3A but as far as you being able to beat us all the way up until 4 years ago is insane, you can be a "football town" Anthony Chamber would have ran circles around HD, Reggi White 1000 yard rusher at OKST would have ran cirlces around Hd, Tony Bua NFl player, and Donald Douglas ex Florida gator would all have ran circles around HD, all these teams were only 1 round exits sure, but that's not the topic, we were in 3 and 4 a not 1a, so just because you went to state in 1A doesn't mean a lick of anything just because Douglas didn't make it to STate, he Chambers, White, and all the others i mentioned would run through HD and thats all prior to 4 years ago,2003 Liberty went 10-0 state ranked and exited the first round but so what? HD didnt put us out of the playoffs, another 3A team did, we would have beaten HD in 2003,2004, the junior and senior years of Bua,White,Chambers Liberty would have beaten HD, 4a or 3a on some of those years just because we didn't make it far doesn't mean a single thing comparing your team to ours,  2004 Liberty won district  exited the 2st round yeah but they would have beaten Hd easily, And as far as last year no doubt we'd win, same as the year before, then the year before we weren't good no playoffs, but Texas State's FS Jeremy Dickey at QB along with Tevin Braxton and Martin Sterling would have been too much for the HD secondary to even cover, the year before that Jamarcus Glen would have run through HD, your comparing records in 1A to records in 3A they don't transcribe, I'm comparing players I personally seen play to some of your players I KNOW and have seen play such as monster of a running back Aaron Cook from HD great Athlete great runner, yes would have started in Liberty his senior year, but seeing him and his records then looking at Glen who had no where near the succes in his respected district, but knowing both the guys seeing them both play there about the same but Glen's competiton was harder, this is how im comparing the two, you on the other hand are talking out of you head based on "tradition" "past records"  and being a "footbal town" this is Texas sir, we are all football towns we all respect the game and we would have destroyed HD as a matter of fact the all time leading record favors Liberty, we have had more success at the next level and send more players to the next level, we aren't a powerhouse by no means, but we do have athletes that would have been able to get the job done against HD, maybe not 10 times out of ten in the last 50 years but for sure more times than HD would have, now to touch on the topic of Drake, yes good players I'll take back saying he won't play college ball, I hope he has great success in college but all im saying is 6tds or no 6tds at the end of the day Dennis Antoine is still a returning 1000 yard rusher as a sohpomore standing 6ft weighing 200 Drake wouldn't start you said Drake would "start both ways in Liberty" all im saying is that is not true, now with all that being said Liberty would dominate HD now, next year, the year after and so on, youll never ever be what you were.
[/quote]

Without a doubt the longest run-on sentence I've ever seen.

[quote name="knows2much" post="1222172" timestamp="1337021253"]
[quote author=LP6 link=topic=97792.msg1222159#msg1222159 date=1337019523]
[quote author=H-D BOBCAT 55 link=topic=97792.msg1221152#msg1221152 date=1336784576]
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

I feel I am an expert on run on sentences. I see them daily. You are correct. this is the best..........or worst..........or longest.

[quote name="MVP907" post="1222187" timestamp="1337023057"]
Heard from a valuable source Antoine was making a move to Dayton..
[/quote]
Antoine's little brother runs varsity track as a freshmen in Dayton, Dennis is alot faster than his brother so a lot of people have put those 2 comparisons together and assumed he would move, I however have asked the question myself and have seen no signs of this but of course he could be keeping his plans to himself, because if he were actually moving he wouldn't tell dedicated Panthers of this so I doubt anyone actually knows, outside of his famiily.

[quote name="Bill Dauterive" post="1222181" timestamp="1337022242"]
[quote author=knows2much link=topic=97792.msg1222172#msg1222172 date=1337021253]
[quote author=LP6 link=topic=97792.msg1222159#msg1222159 date=1337019523]
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

I feel I am an expert on run on sentences. I see them daily. You are correct. this is the best..........or worst..........or longest.
[/quote]
I wasn't aware that you had to use perfect grammar on this website. If that was the case then you just incorectly used 8 periods, I however don't care at all, and typed that on my iPhone, and will continue to prove HD-Bobcat 55 wrong, while using my very long run on sentences.

[quote name="H-D BOBCAT 55" post="1219900" timestamp="1336527844"]
Your Liberty Panthers are all world!! Nobody could come play at the power house Liberty!!  ;D  Liberty has and will always live in H-D's shadow, we are the only State Champ in the County. And in the last 14 years yall are living in Dayton's shadow. Hull-Daisetta has won 63% percent of it's football games and is a football town. Liberty... well they have a Walmart. lol!  :D Good luck with two former Bobcat studs Andrew and Zack Fregia, Bobcats will make that a strong Liberty football program.  ;)
[/quote]
You may be the only state champs in the county, but this last season, H-D was the worst team in the county, losing to both Hardin and West Hardin. So what makes you think H-D is so amazing? As of right now, H-D is the laughing stock of Liberty County

[quote name="MVP907" post="1222187" timestamp="1337023057"]
[/quote]
Oh and another point to be made out of that statement, Antoine was on the Panther relay teams who advanced to regionals this year, and came very close to advancing to state, Dayton didn't have that same success in track, so the fact that his brother runs track their probably means nothing, but of course football or other reasons could play a factor in a decision that big, but Dennis although he is from Cleveland he was in Liberty in middle and now highschool, people on this site kind of portray him as a guy who just "moved in " and took over, and didn't have anything to do with Liberty, and now saying he is moving on to Dayton, but he has spent a significant amount of time as an older student here in Liberty.

[quote name="H-D BOBCAT 55" post="1219900" timestamp="1336527844"]
Your Liberty Panthers are all world!! Nobody could come play at the power house Liberty!!  ;D  Liberty has and will always live in H-D's shadow, we are the only State Champ in the County. And in the last 14 years yall are living in Dayton's shadow. Hull-Daisetta has won 63% percent of it's football games and is a football town. Liberty... well they have a Walmart. lol!  :D Good luck with two former Bobcat studs Andrew and Zack Fregia, Bobcats will make that a strong Liberty football program.  ;)
[/quote]
I almost forgot. The only contribution hd has made to the Liberty program was the PAT snapper Jackson pope... So hdbobcat you are correct former bobcats ( since he went to kindergarten in daisetta) definitely carry this liberty program.

[quote name="MVP907" post="1222226" timestamp="1337030340"]
I am very aware of his little brother being in Dayton. I was just stating that I've been told both of them will be here. But, who knows?
[/quote]
True, and as of right now Tuesday May 15, Traevyon Antoine and Dennis Antoine are both enrolled at Liberty high school, younger Antoine participated in junior varsity 7 on 7 last week in Anahuac, older Antoine participated as well with the varsity.

[quote name="LP6" post="1222201" timestamp="1337024900"]
[quote author=MVP907 link=topic=97792.msg1222187#msg1222187 date=1337023057]
[/quote]
Oh and another point to be made out of that statement, Antoine was on the Panther relay teams who advanced to regionals this year, and came very close to advancing to state, Dayton didn't have that same success in track, so the fact that his brother runs track their probably means nothing, but of course football or other reasons could play a factor in a decision that big, but Dennis although he is from Cleveland he was in Liberty in middle and now highschool, people on this site kind of portray him as a guy who just "moved in " and took over, and didn't have anything to do with Liberty, and now saying he is moving on to Dayton, but he has spent a significant amount of time as an older student here in Liberty.
[/quote]

Yes Dayton did send an athete to the State Track Meet this year.  It was not a runner it was a thrower.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin