Jasper Head Football Coach leaving!!!!!wow

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="j_dog" post="1203026" timestamp="1332949413"]
[quote author=pirateguy link=topic=97736.msg1203018#msg1203018 date=1332949021]
[quote author=Ruger1 link=topic=97736.msg1202890#msg1202890 date=1332935256]
There is always going to be disagreement with new coaches and a superintendent, but unless they are asking you to clean toliets you learn to work through them.  What is bad about this whole situation is that the coaches and their families have been put in jeopardy of having to move with a new hire.  Maybe before a HC ups and resigns he should think of the whole picture and what are some other ways to remedy it.  If it is just because of coaches teaching, grow-up.  Alot of 5A coaches teach, but again in some wealthy districts the OC and DC may not teach, but in these financial times one should think before put others jobs in jeopardy.

Not employed in district, just like the sports.
[/quote]

THIS. Morgan is young and immature and left when times got hard.
[/quote]
ok, how about all the other coaches that left during the past decade plus?  didn't see any young ones in that bunch.  ultimately, admin is responsible.  if the admin hired an "immature" coach, that is still their responsibility and we deserve an explanation why they did that.  the buck stops with the administration.
[/quote]

I posted this earlier in the thread if you missed it...

"Our last 5 coaches were brooks who left for a better job...then we grabbed lauve for 5 years who took us to the state game then left for a 5a job...then Brooks who came back because he missed Jasper so much and bowed out of coaching once his son graduated THEN stayed on with the district...Bickham lets be honest, he was terrible so they nipped him very quickly after two seasons....and now Morgan leaves after a season very abruptly for reasons that are now and possibly forever unknown."

Further proving my point that maybe administration isn't to blame. And that it is unwarranted for people, including yourself, to say that you hope they "finally get it right." Of those five coaches only one could be considered "getting it wrong." Please justify you saying in another thread that you hope the administration "finally gets it right."     

I have a solution.....ask coach mixon to be head baseball coach and AD.. He is a homer and will probably be here until he retires. (unless a new AD runs him off)  Mixon can run an athletic dept. and hire a football coach to just coach football...this way the turnover wont be as big of an impact everytime..

[quote name="jdog007" post="1203445" timestamp="1332997703"]
Alvarez knows Jasper ,was a coach here before, Coleman is afraid of his success and knows that he's going to cater to the kids and the community
[/quote]

I agree, Alvarez is NOT going to put up with Coleman's nonsense. Coleman knows Alvarez is not going to be the puppet that he wants hired in Jasper.  Alvarez applied last year but it's my understanding he wasn't given an interview.  He was reportedly waiting on a call for an interview, and was notified that Morgan had been chosen when he was contacted by an area news station for comment on the Morgan's hire.  Barbay also applied last year.  Does anyone know who all actually got an interview last year? 

[quote name="jdog007" post="1203445" timestamp="1332997703"]
Alvarez knows Jasper ,was a coach here before, Coleman is afraid of his success and knows that he's going to cater to the kids and the community
[/quote]

I think one of the things that Mr. Coleman is overlooking is what is at stake here.  It's the lives of the kids that are being raised in Jasper.  One of the things that football (and a great football coach) can bring to a community like Jasper is Pride.  Pride in one's self and one's upbringing.  That's what I got from coach Walkoviak.  Even now, years later, I can still remember and apply a lot of what I learned in principle from him.  As a team, we were very proud.  Proud to be a Bulldog, and proud to be from Jasper.  Maybe everyone didn't agree with coach Walkoviak, but we had 100% community support.

I believe Mr. Coleman needs to rethink his values.  Is it about him and his ego? Or is it about all those kids he has pledged to assist in providing the best opportunity for an education and positive athletic experience while in school?  If coach Alvarez is the one who can help prepare these kids for the next level of football (and life), I say give him a chance and as an administration and a community give him full support.

Doesn't Coach Alverez have a job at Ennis? Have any of you ever seen the facilities at Ennis? I think getting him back to Jasper is a pipe dream. Why would he leave a school with a football tradition and excellent facilities to return to Jasper where there has been a divided community for years and facilities that are lacking? And by divided I mean football and baseball. Jasper missed the boat last year by not hiring him then. Good luck to whomever they hire. It's gonna be an uphill battle.

Guest Red Rocker
Why don't they just get rid of Coleman and use the extra money to hire someone that will stay as head football/A.D. for a while? Does Coleman really serve any valuable purpose? It's a 3A school, geez.

[quote name="ChampionEagles" post="1203915" timestamp="1333104149"]
Doesn't Coach Alverez have a job at Ennis? Have any of you ever seen the facilities at Ennis? I think getting him back to Jasper is a pipe dream. Why would he leave a school with a football tradition and excellent facilities to return to Jasper where there has been a divided community for years and facilities that are lacking? And by divided I mean football and baseball. Jasper missed the boat last year by not hiring him then. Good luck to whomever they hire. It's gonna be an uphill battle.
[/quote]

Because it is a 4A school with 3A athletes. I believe they won 2 games this year... If you have ever talked to Alverez or seen the way he allows his kids to act on the field, you wouldn't want him. I can specifically remember after they beat Jasper one year three of his players after shaking hands ran across the field over the Bulldog logo and slid in front of the Jasper section...was there discipline after they got in the locker room? I can only assume no because he hugged all three of them once they returned to the sideline. And didn't one year they arrive to a playoff game or games late?

[quote name="pirateguy" post="1204051" timestamp="1333122168"]
[quote author=ChampionEagles link=topic=97736.msg1203915#msg1203915 date=1333104149]
[/quote]

Because it is a 4A school with 3A athletes. I believe they won 2 games this year... If you have ever talked to Alverez or seen the way he allows his kids to act on the field, you wouldn't want him. I can specifically remember after they beat Jasper one year three of his players after shaking hands ran across the field over the Bulldog logo and slid in front of the Jasper section...was there discipline after they got in the locker room? I can only assume no because he hugged all three of them once they returned to the sideline. And didn't one year they arrive to a playoff game or g

[quote name="jdog007" post="1205736" timestamp="1333480150"]
Chris Coleman and the president of the Jasper School Board are killing the Jasper School District
[/quote]u on 2 sumthin there!

Change in coaches avg ever 2.5 yrs & we are to thank that is great?  Spin doctors!

[quote name="Ruger1" post="1202890" timestamp="1332935256"]
There is always going to be disagreement with new coaches and a superintendent, but unless they are asking you to clean toliets you learn to work through them.  What is bad about this whole situation is that the coaches and their families have been put in jeopardy of having to move with a new hire.  Maybe before a HC ups and resigns he should think of the whole picture and what are some other ways to remedy it.  If it is just because of coaches teaching, grow-up.  Alot of 5A coaches teach, but again in some wealthy districts the OC and DC may not teach, but in these financial times one should think before put others jobs in jeopardy.

Not employed in district, just like the sports.
[/quote]

Even the OC and DC at The Woodlands have a full-time class load.

[quote name="ctowndawgfan" post="1207813" timestamp="1333910126"]
Thats a bad rumor that has been started. All the coaches at Jasper teach a full load. OC and DC included!
[/quote]

Not true. Coaches have two athletic periods PLUS a conference period. That is not a full load.

[quote name="pirateguy" post="1207861" timestamp="1333925898"]
[quote author=ctowndawgfan link=topic=97736.msg1207813#msg1207813 date=1333910126]
Thats a bad rumor that has been started. All the coaches at Jasper teach a full load. OC and DC included!
[/quote]

Not true. Coaches have two athletic periods PLUS a conference period. That is not a full load.
[/quote]

By the time you add in what they do after hours, i.e. practices, games, film sessions during the season, it becomes MORE than a full load.  That's part of the commitment for being a high school football coach.

[quote name="BigDawg74" post="1207881" timestamp="1333929157"]
[quote author=pirateguy link=topic=97736.msg1207861#msg1207861 date=1333925898]
[quote author=ctowndawgfan link=topic=97736.msg1207813#msg1207813 date=1333910126]
[/quote]

[/quote]

By the time you add in what they do after hours, i.e. practices, games, film sessions during the season, it becomes MORE than a full load.  That's part of the commitment for being a high school football coach.
[/quote]
Agreed, coaching is not as easy as people make it out to be.

[quote name="BigDawg74" post="1207881" timestamp="1333929157"]
[quote author=pirateguy link=topic=97736.msg1207861#msg1207861 date=1333925898]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

So if "that's part of the commitment" than Morgan should have stayed, correct? He quit because they were going to allow Morgan's assistants only one athletic period as opposed to two, so they could have one more period to be in the classroom to help prepare classes for standardized testing. Thus, if Morgan was really about academics and helping his player pass, he wouldn't have minded giving up one athletic period where coaches just went to the field house, correct?

Discuss. 

Pirateguy....

Ask anyone in Jasper isd if Morgan and his staff were not committed to academics.

Next, name another athletic program that gave up 3 straight days in athletics to split the athletes up in small groups with there coaches to review for the TAKS?

I challenge you to find another program that has done that! YOU WON'T!

I'm not sure why your such a Morgan hater??? But he was great, bottom line. None of us know the whole truth. But I'm convinced it's not one of these little petty things you think, or his level of maturity.

All signs point to Admin.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder