Applicants for Hamshire-Fannett head football/AD job

[quote name="Horns89" post="1197074" timestamp="1331728860"]
Mahaffey will not make a good AD. Also he has more haters than followers. I ask just one question. Do we want a AD that throws a kid 144 pitches on first outing after coming of IR for arm issues?  I don't think so!!!!!!!!!!
[/quote]

Man I'm just throwing this put here. I don't really care. I don't have a dog in this hunt. But this ain't baseball. We talkin football in this section. As long as he can coach football and turn a losing team around. Who cares about baseball. Lol jmo

I don't know a coach that really does his job that doesn't have "haters".  Little Johnny's daddy is always going to know better. It isn't a matter of Mahaffey "making" a good AD.  Check his background.  18 years as an AD/HFB plus assorted Head positions as needed on staff.  Always made the playoffs after a time, no matter what the sport.  As AD he wasn't just a "football" guy, but promoted all sports and handled things in a way that was good for the total program. Did it make everyone happy?  Probably not, because most are only interested in what their kid is in, not the total program.  HF will be lucky if he will take the job, IMO.

As for the pitching, did the kid's arm fall off, or is he strong enough to handle the work?  Maybe Mahaffey did know what he was doing there too.  He [u]was[/u] a pitcher in college.

[quote name="dawg13" post="1201845" timestamp="1332698512"]
Well it should not be about the coach making a name for himself,just make the kids believe in themselves and everything will workout.IMO
[/quote] Good point! Hopefully the hiring committee will see whose for real and not.

Guest Red Rocker
;[quote name="The Boog" post="1204752" timestamp="1333215767"]
Doesn't matter who they hire. Only qualification is that they are able to follow orders from the parents.
[/quote]

;D LMAO  Classic

Word I'm hearing on the street is that they have chosen the assistant from Midland and the assistant from PNG. WOW you have an applicant of Mahaffey's quality, in the district now, and you go with two untried assistants.  I guess they [u]are[/u] just looking for a "yes" man.  :(

[quote name="BuckBuck" post="1205003" timestamp="1333317456"]
Word I'm hearing on the street is that they have chosen the assistant from Midland and the assistant from PNG. WOW you have an applicant of Mahaffey's quality, in the district now, and you go with two untried assistants.  I guess they [u]are[/u] just looking for a "yes" man.  :(
[/quote]
You will have to trust the team looking at applicants. Everyone started somewhere. I am sure Coach Mahaffey has been given consideration and he is a great coach in baseball. I think they have been to the playoff twice in the 3 or 4 years he has been at HF.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    NEWton86
    Newest Member
    NEWton86