**#4 HARDIN-JEFFERSON vs. #1 WACO LA VEGA BROADCAST**/La Vega wins 53-50

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No reason to hang your heads Hawks.  You took the #1 ranked team in the state to the limit.  Thank you to all of those Seniors for all the hard work you put in, and excitement that you have given all of the Hawk fans and for me to broadcast this year!!!!!  It has truly been an honor to be there for almost every game this year.

Joe, best of luck to you in your football career at Lamar the next 4-5 years!!!

Shawn, I can honestly say that you are the most explosive player to come through HJ since Rocky Roccamore in the early 80's.  Best of luck to you and your college basketball career!!!

To the coaching staff......well nothing else needs to be said.  BEST IN THE STATE OF TEXAS!!!!!!

Looking forward to a great 2012-13 season for HJ Basketball!!!!

This was a tough loss to stomach.  La Vega was not better than the Hawks tonight.  I would've felt better about this game if they had come out and beat the hawks by 15-20, and i could sit back and say "man, that's a good team, they'll probably win state".  that wasn't the case tonight.  HJ didn't play that well, was the victim of a few questionable calls, but were still in a position to win.  with a 1 point lead and 35 seconds left, HJ got a steal and had a chance to go to the line to end it, and ended the game with a couple of turnovers that turned a 1-point lead into a 3-point deficit.  then Johnson's three rattled out that would've tied it.  this one hurt.  I honestly think HJ was the better team, as they really didn't play that good of a game, and still should've won.  what's worse is between what silsbee has coming back, losing Prudhomme, and the houston schools dropping down to 3A, this was probably HJ's last chance to go to state for awhile, and had they made it through this region, there wasn't a team they were going to face that was any better than the teams they'd faced in regionals.  all of that whining being done, great season to the hawks.  39-2 is a fantastic year by any stretch of the imagination.  Good luck to the seniors in the future, and i look forward to seeing another very solid HJ team next season.

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1191258" timestamp="1330755663"]
[quote author=jenks link=topic=96967.msg1191246#msg1191246 date=1330755022]
Good Season HJ. You represented 21-3A well. Made us proud. Lets get the state Championship next year.
[/quote]not in 3-A ;)
[/quote]. For sure.  Yates documented ther invincibility tonite

[quote name="stevenash" post="1191262" timestamp="1330755819"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=96967.msg1191258#msg1191258 date=1330755663]
[quote author=jenks link=topic=96967.msg1191246#msg1191246 date=1330755022]
Good Season HJ. You represented 21-3A well. Made us proud. Lets get the state Championship next year.
[/quote]not in 3-A ;)
[/quote]. For sure.  Yates documented ther invincibility tonite
[/quote]

5A is breathing a sigh of relief that they didn't get a special exemption to move up.

Refs weren't the problem, guard play was. Reminded me of the 3rd qtr against Silsbee. Hj messed up when they went up 10. La Vega turned up their full court man to man defense and figured out Hj was weak at pg. Up by 1 with 30 seconds left, just hold the ball, no need to make that pass.

[quote name="Tebowing" post="1191271" timestamp="1330756289"]
Refs weren't the problem, guard play was. Reminded me of the 3rd qtr against Silsbee. Hj messed up when they went up 10. La Vega turned up their full court man to man defense and figured out Hj was weak at pg. Up by 1the with 30 seconds left, just hold the ball, no need to make that pass.
[/quote]

Come on now, you win as a team and lose as a team.  I saw a ton of mistakes tonight.  Yet, everyone wants  to point out just one!!!! ::) ::) ::)

i agree that HJ had a chance to win it, refs or no refs.  there was just a span there that got my blood going when Shawn was pushed out of bounds, no call, and then right after that la vega got a go ahead layup with that 300 lb center holding/shielding Joe where he couldn't get to the ball handler, about 6 inches in front of the official.  it wasn't that there were a ton of bad calls, but the timing of them was horrendous.

officiating was fine, we just made too many mistakes late in the game. I did feel as though we were the better team and as I said at the end of the broadcast I still stand behind it, I think that if we play them ten times we would win 7. We barely got to the line tonight at all, we just had a rough night...I think Navasota was better than WLV. Just my opinion. Congrats to the seniors for a fantastic season you have made Hawk nation very proud, 39-2 is absolutely wonderful by any stretch. I have enjoyed every action packed game you have played this year. Cant wait until next year starts...

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="stevenash" post="1191268" timestamp="1330756114"]
I can't take issue with refs.  We had many chances to put that game away and simply didn't.  Didn't help to start game with a two shot tech followed by possession to lavega
[/quote]
Congratulations on a wonderful season, Hawks.  Some responses here use the expression, "Don't hang your head. . ."  I [u]hate[/u] that expression and it should never be used when talking about the Hardin-Jefferson
Hawks.  A Sutherland team NEVER has to hang their heads about anything.  Well done seniors Persohn and Prudhomme.  Wishing you both good fortune in your next steps in your careers.  And as usual, it was done with that certain Hardin-Jefferson class.

Now, did we dunk in warm ups (technical foul to open the game)?

[quote name="homeless" post="1191315" timestamp="1330781337"]
How can we be expected to ignore the pre-game stupid Tech?
[/quote]

My guess is that you would have to count that as ONE on the INFAMOUS DUNK-O-METER right?  :o  I don't think it had any outcome on the game itself.  Sounds like turnovers hurt the Hawks.  Good season.  Good luck next year.

[quote name="killingmesmalls" post="1191320" timestamp="1330783261"]
[quote author=homeless link=topic=96967.msg1191315#msg1191315 date=1330781337]
[/quote]

My guess is that you would have to count that as ONE on the INFAMOUS DUNK-O-METER right?  :o  I don't think it had any outcome on the game itself.  Sounds like turnovers hurt the Hawks.  Good season.  Good luck next year.
[/quote] No one need to tell the kid he made a mistake. I know he will think about that for a long time. But lets remember hes a kid. But to say that that did not affect the game is wrong, That was a 4 point swing at the start of the game, plus the kid starts the game with a foul.

[quote name="True Blue" post="1191325" timestamp="1330783699"]
[quote author=killingmesmalls link=topic=96967.msg1191320#msg1191320 date=1330783261]
[quote author=homeless link=topic=96967.msg1191315#msg1191315 date=1330781337]
[/quote]

[/quote] No one need to tell the kid he made a mistake. I know he will think about that for a long time. But lets remember hes a kid. But to say that that did not affect the game is wrong, That was a 4 point swing at the start of the game, plus the kid starts the game with a foul.
[/quote]

The foul doesn't go to the player.  It is just a team foul.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder