**#4 HARDIN-JEFFERSON vs. #1 WACO LA VEGA BROADCAST**/La Vega wins 53-50

[quote name="86hawk" post="1191350" timestamp="1330785771"]
He was assessed the foul.  Before the game started, on the scoreboard, 10-1-0 (1 for the foul).
[/quote]

If B1 dunks here are the penalties.

1. Technical foul on player B1. This counts toward his disqualification for 2 T's or 5 fouls and as a team foul toward bonus. (10.3.4; Technical Foul Plenalty Summary pg 73 rule book; 4.8.2)
2. Coach of Team B is given an indirect T. He also loses coaching box and muxt sit for remainder of the game. (4.19.5.e; 10.3.4.Penalty; 10.5.3 note 1)
3. The game starts with any Team A player at the line for two free throws. (10.3 Penalty, 8.3)
4. The arrow is set IMMEDIATELY toward team B when A has the ball at his/her disposal for a throwin following the freethrows (4.3.3) Do not wait for the throwin to be completed.

Correction.  Thank you.

Did Sutherland lose his coaching box and have to sit the remainder of the game?

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The old saying" Anything can happen in the playoffs" is still true and it usually does.  When you get this far you need some things go your way. Silsbee and LV was blessed in the receiving area...... Two great games all for the the price of six dollars! ......Just feel bad for the Hawks.

HJ----------7-14-17-12----50
LAVEGA----7-12-19-15----53

HJ---(39-2)

Johnson  18
Prudhomme  16
Persohn  6
Bosha  5
Stevens  3
Martel  2

Team Fouls----14

Free Throws----4/5  80%

LAVEGA---(34-1)

Starts  16
Stinnett  14
Bradshaw  8
Corry  7
Evans  4
Ridge  2
Cottrell  2

Team Fouls----12

Free Throws----8/11  73%

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1191398" timestamp="1330790713"]
WOW!!!

HJ and LaVega combined for just 16 free throw attempts (HJ just 5)

Silsbee and Athens combined for 74 free throw attempts!!!

Contrasting style of officiating between the two games.
[/quote]

I agree.  There was plenty of banging in this game too. 

[quote name="Tebowing" post="1191271" timestamp="1330756289"]
Refs weren't the problem, guard play was. Reminded me of the 3rd qtr against Silsbee. Hj messed up when they went up 10. La Vega turned up their full court man to man defense and figured out Hj was weak at pg. Up by 1 with 30 seconds left, just hold the ball, no need to make that pass.
[/quote]Exactly the way I saw it. They fell apart at the wrong times.

I don't think "choke" is the right term.  I give LV lots of credit for the man defensive pressure they were able to apply.  HJ just couldn't shake it.  There were two bad passess at the end of the game that hurt, but there were lots of other bad passess as well. Both teams played well and LV hit it at the right time.

[quote name="86hawk" post="1191729" timestamp="1330819954"]
[b]I don't think "choke" is the right term.[/b]  I give LV lots of credit for the man defensive pressure they were able to apply.  HJ just couldn't shake it.  There were two bad passess at the end of the game that hurt, but there were lots of other bad passess as well. Both teams played well and LV hit it at the right time.
[/quote] why not? According to everyone here: 1) HJ the better team, 2) Refs didn't cost them the game, 3) HJ not outcoached. The choices quickly narrow. From above: "....fell apart at the wrong times" aka ?

[quote name="Trocket" post="1191617" timestamp="1330811281"]
[quote author=Tebowing link=topic=96967.msg1191271#msg1191271 date=1330756289]
Refs weren't the problem, guard play was. Reminded me of the 3rd qtr against Silsbee. Hj messed up when they went up 10. La Vega turned up their full court man to man defense and figured out Hj was weak at pg. Up by 1 with 30 seconds left, just hold the ball, no need to make that pass.
[/quote]Exactly the way I saw it. They fell apart at the wrong times.
[/quote]

Being that La Vega just did it again to Silsbee, I doubt it, I think they were just better than I wanted to admit....

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1191855" timestamp="1330824692"]
I don't think falling to the #1 team in the state in 3A by 3 points can get classified as a choke.
[/quote] it does if everyone here thinks HJ was the better team. Read it over and over on this thread

[quote name="homeless" post="1191859" timestamp="1330824790"]
[quote author=WOSgrad link=topic=96967.msg1191855#msg1191855 date=1330824692]
I don't think falling to the #1 team in the state in 3A by 3 points can get classified as a choke.
[/quote] it does if everyone here thinks HJ was the better team. Read it over and over on this thread
[/quote]

Well, I think poppa's assessment may be clearer.

[quote name="86hawk" post="1191729" timestamp="1330819954"]
I don't think "choke" is the right term.  I give LV lots of credit for the man defensive pressure they were able to apply.  HJ just couldn't shake it.  There were two bad passess at the end of the game that hurt, but there were lots of other bad passess as well. Both teams played well and LV hit it at the right time.
[/quote]
Yes - LV's man-to-man defense was very impressive. 

Anything can happen in the playoffs.  Waco LV is going to State, and I believe they might've finished third in 21-3A.  Ah, well, there it is.  Heckuva year.  That's a great thing about high school basketball: the season always ends with terrible sadness or ultimate joy and, either way, you can't wait for it to start all over again.

[quote name="homeless" post="1191859" timestamp="1330824790"]
[quote author=WOSgrad link=topic=96967.msg1191855#msg1191855 date=1330824692]
[/quote]

Why carry a grudge from a Christmas tourney?

[quote name="setxslam" post="1191888" timestamp="1330826483"]
Anything can happen in the playoffs.  Waco LV is going to State, and I believe they might've finished third in 21-3A.  Ah, well, there it is.  Heckuva year.  That's a great thing about high school basketball: the season always ends with terrible sadness or ultimate joy and, either way, you can't wait for it to start all over again.
[/quote]While losing games like this are always hard to take, you have to remember what it takes to get to this stage. The Hawks consistantly perform at this level and mediocrity just isn't accepted. The record this year was nothing short of amazing. Choke??? You gotta be kiddin me.Two good teams in a one possession game is simply the way the game is meant to be played.Give props to both clubs on a super ballgame and can't wait until next year.

[quote name="homeless" post="1191315" timestamp="1330781337"]
How can we be expected to ignore the pre-game stupid Tech?
[/quote]

It was loud in there I never heard the refs blow when they came in, probably did, but I didn't hear it, so I could see why someone half way farther down the court than me didn't hear it....Congrats again Hawks!, you have made us very proud..you faught through adversity and injuries all year and still ended up [size=24pt][b]39[/b][/size]-[size=8pt]2[/size]

Go Hawks!!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83