Beaumont Ozen vs. Nederland Game Thread/Nederland wins 45-39!

WOSgrad

[quote name="stevenash" post="1162393" timestamp="1326923375"]
I think it was because they did not offer him one of these:

[img]http://www.nba.com/media/timberwolves/dunkometer_200.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

I dont think I have ever seen someone like you Nash who uses the same statements or comments over-and-over again from someone else..

Kudos to you for your persistence of others comments?? ::) ;)

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I beg to differ.  The dunk-o-meter is an oft mentioned (by several rather than just me) joke that has been going since HJ first played Central early in the year.  This was intended for the benefit of Soulja who understands my point and, I believe, is not offended by the repetitions.  I must say that it is somewhat gratifying to know that someone is scrutinizing my posts to such an extent.  Additionally, please take note of the fact that, in spite of the very good season that the Hawks are having, I have made no "mop the floor" predictions regarding any of their games or, for that matter, of any others in an attempt to not disrespect any team/players/coaches/communities.

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1162411" timestamp="1326924382"]
[quote author=stevenash link=topic=94454.msg1162393#msg1162393 date=1326923375]
I think it was because they did not offer him one of these:

[img]http://www.nba.com/media/timberwolves/dunkometer_200.jpg[/img]
[/quote]Good stuff, Stevenash!  ;D ;D
[/quote]

Dogs1218- PLEASE take note of the comment by Souja!!!!!

[quote name="stevenash" post="1162407" timestamp="1326924297"]
I beg to differ.  The dunk-o-meter is an oft mentioned (by several rather than just me) joke that has been going since HJ first played Central early in the year.  This was intended for the benefit of Soulja who understands my point and, I believe, is not offended by the repetitions.  I must say that it is somewhat gratifying to know that someone is scrutinizing my posts to such an extent.  Additionally, please take note of the fact that, in spite of the very good season that the Hawks are having, I have made no "mop the floor" predictions regarding any of their games or, for that matter, of any others in an attempt to not disrespect any team/players/coaches/communities.
[/quote]

Im not offended, just seems like you insert such comments on any thread you feel like, and will use them for any instance. If thats gratifying, then im glad you enjoy it

It is not difficult to find something "wrong" with a post by somebody else if one wishes to find something wrong.  It is not difficult to find something "wrong" with a team or player if someone wishes to find something wrong.  Soulja declared that he enjoyed the post and therefore it served its purpose. 

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1162388" timestamp="1326923001"]
[quote author=Tigersvoice link=topic=94454.msg1162364#msg1162364 date=1326921197]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=94454.msg1162355#msg1162355 date=1326920003]
[quote author=Tigersvoice link=topic=94454.msg1162336#msg1162336 date=1326918121]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=94454.msg1162314#msg1162314 date=1326916654]
3-0 against Ozen this year...
[/quote]
Ozen is just not "Ozen-esque" this year.  There were some really good coaches that applied for that coaching job when it last come open.  Too bad one of them didn't get it. ::)
[/quote]What?  The old Silsbee coach?
[/quote]
Well, he seems OK where he is.  But you had the present Kountze coach interested until it became clear that that
was going to be a political and not a qualification appointment.  There were others - but it's easier to promote from within.  By the way, are you on the school board?
[/quote]Where the heck do you get your information?  Politics had nothing at all whatsoever with why the Kountze guy didn't get the job.  It was more along the lines of salary that he wanted.
[/quote]
By the way, are you on the school board?  Oh, I've already asked that!

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1162288" timestamp="1326914669"]
Man, when I saw Nederland come out with that *swagger* and hip-hop music blaring from the speakers and an obvious hometown fan yelling out, "bust'em in da mouf and knock'em down, I knew it would be a long night.
[/quote]
Man, I was sitting on the other side of the gym. Had no idea I was that LOUD. Well, at least I know now the refs do hear me ;D ;D

[quote name="baddog" post="1162530" timestamp="1326935851"]
Blue is the type of person who, if Nederland won state, would say,"I bet they don't repeat." I don't feel we need to impress him. He obviously doesn't know what he is talking about. Let's just keep our heads and proving him wrong. That's the fun of it all.
[/quote]

Are you saying that the Dove is a "glass is half empty" guy?

Honestly, I think its just hard for some to accept that NEDERLAND is dominating a district in basketball that has Ozen and Central in it.  The tide has truly shifted in that aspect...Its like Orangefield going on a 25 game win streak in the district with HJ and Silsbee...Just doesn't SEEM right, but, Nederland is getting it done...Hats off to them.. 8)

[quote name="baddog" post="1162530" timestamp="1326935851"]
Blue is the type of person who, if Nederland won state, would say,"I bet they don't repeat." I don't feel we need to impress him. He obviously doesn't know what he is talking about. Let's just keep our heads and proving him wrong. That's the fun of it all.
[/quote]It is fun isn't it!

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="#1 Manager" post="1162630" timestamp="1326952972"]
Bout the Ozen job, have y'all ever notice that the AD and the Ozen coach have the same last name!?!?!  Related?!?
[/quote]
DUH???

[quote name="Dick Vitale" post="1162563" timestamp="1326942038"]
Honestly, I think its just hard for some to accept that NEDERLAND is dominating a district in basketball that has Ozen and Central in it.  The tide has truly shifted in that aspect...Its like Orangefield going on a 25 game win streak in the district with HJ and Silsbee...Just doesn't SEEM right, but, Nederland is getting it done...Hats off to them.. 8)
[/quote]Well, that's what happens when your A.D is like Jerry Jones, Ozen coach is Norv Turner, and Central coach is Wade Phillips ;D

[quote name="rc2182" post="1162638" timestamp="1326972175"]
Have you also noticed the same coach was on Boutte's staff ,i don't think that had any thing  to do with his hiring .He did his time ,give him a break the season is not over ,and i predict Nederland will lose to both Ozen and Central by seasons end.
[/quote]
Back to back district titles, 25 straight district games won, and people are still doubting them and not showing respect?  ???
Some people just can't accept what is going on in Nederland.  ::)

and everybody thought this was goin to be a rebuilding year for Nederland, because they lost so many key players and seniors.  WRONG....  When you have good coaching and you know how to play the hand your dealt....theres hardly ever a rebuilding year.... 

Hats off to Coach English and his staff.

Just think if Larry Neuman loosened up his grip....how good the basketball team could really be.

[quote name="rc2182" post="1162638" timestamp="1326972175"]
Have you also noticed the same coach was on Boutte's staff ,i don't think that had any thing  to do with his hiring .He did his time ,give him a break the season is not over ,and i predict Nederland will lose to both Ozen and Central by seasons end.
[/quote]It's possible, if...

[quote name="Tebowing" post="1162641" timestamp="1326975158"]
[quote author=Dick Vitale link=topic=94454.msg1162563#msg1162563 date=1326942038]
[/quote]Well, that's what happens when your A.D is like Jerry Jones, Ozen coach is Norv Turner, and Central coach is Wade Phillips ;D
[/quote]Someone is giving way too much credit.  8)

[quote name="NB-Dawg" post="1162643" timestamp="1326977361"]
[quote author=rc2182 link=topic=94454.msg1162638#msg1162638 date=1326972175]
[/quote]
Back to back district titles, 25 straight district games won, and people are still doubting them and not showing respect?  ???
Some people just can't accept what is going on in Nederland.  ::)
[/quote]Yes, and English is showing why he is one of the premier coaches in the area.  Both big district wins against Ozen and Central, Big Ned have pulled away in the 4th quarters while up untill that point, the game was close or Nederland was on the losing end.  Coaching.  We can't use the athletic front line excuse anymore.  They have 2 big men, 1 of whom is an underclassmen starting with a bunch of spot up shooters and they will finish the first half of this district undefeated. 

[quote name="5gallonbucket" post="1162652" timestamp="1326978052"]
and everybody thought this was goin to be a rebuilding year for Nederland, because they lost so many key players and seniors.  WRONG....  When you have good coaching and you know how to play the hand your dealt....theres hardly ever a rebuilding year.... 

Hats off to Coach English and his staff.

Just think if Larry Neuman loosened up his grip....how good the basketball team could really be.
[/quote]Great post.  I posted my last post without reading yours first.  We pretty much think the same way.  ;)

Hopefully, we can take Big Ned in our place.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder