Nederland vs. Pearland Dawson

Puma42

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

La Marque vs Dawson
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeNYaX7k078

Run up the middle seems to be their defensive weakness.  Watched some of Manvel vs Dawson game.  Manvel ran the ball all over them.

Our secondary will need to physical vs their receivers.

Dogs can do this!  Run them out of their cage.  Go Bulldogs!!!!

Seems like the solution for Nederland is to pound the rock on the ground and keep Dawson's offense on the sideline for as long as possible. Their QB has one hell of an arm, looks to be very accurate, and tough to bring down when on the move. It also looks like their receivers are pretty athletic. I believe if Nederland can cut down on the mistakes and turnovers from last week, this will be a good game. If not, it has potential to get ugly quickly.

[quote name="BigRed42" post="1127416" timestamp="1321980131"]
[b]Seems like the solution for Nederland is to pound the rock on the ground and keep Dawson's offense on the sideline for as long as possible.[/b] Their QB has one heck of an arm, looks to be very accurate, and tough to bring down when on the move. It also looks like their receivers are pretty athletic. I believe if Nederland can cut down on the mistakes and turnovers from last week, this will be a good game. If not, it has potential to get ugly quickly.
[/quote]

[color=purple]That is exactly how Nederland needs to play if they want to beat Dawson. If it becomes a shootout then the upper hand goes to Dawson. Just have time consuming drives that come with positive results. A big special teams play and a turnover here and there would definitely help. Going with the Nederland by 3 [/color]

[quote name="bulldawg64" post="1126792" timestamp="1321920220"]
gonna be raining and temps
dropping ,football weather.
no umbrellas at gpisd stadium
food will get wet trying to eat it,
programs ect; ;D
[/quote]

The weather should be out of the area by Sat night.  We should have good football weather by kickoff!

[quote name="thedogs1987" post="1127140" timestamp="1321935716"]
La Marque vs Dawson

Run up the middle seems to be their defensive weakness.  Watched some of Manvel vs Dawson game.  Manvel ran the ball all over them.

[/quote]

From just that 2 minute video I'm not impressed at all by either teams in my opinion. Our defense will stop that play action bootleg garbage. Not impressed at all.

[quote name="bigdog" post="1127575" timestamp="1321990492"]
[quote author=bulldawg64 link=topic=91896.msg1126792#msg1126792 date=1321920220]
programs ect; ;D
[/quote]

The weather should be out of the area by Sat night.  We should have good football weather by kickoff!
[/quote]

Just in case its still raining at kickoff Saturday those Dogs practiced out in that nasty weather today. They will be ready!

[quote name="Roughrider" post="1127662" timestamp="1321995769"]
[quote author=bigdog link=topic=91896.msg1127575#msg1127575 date=1321990492]
[quote author=bulldawg64 link=topic=91896.msg1126792#msg1126792 date=1321920220]
programs ect; ;D
[/quote]

[/quote]

Just in case its still raining at kickoff Saturday those Dogs practiced out in that nasty weather today. They will be ready!
[/quote]

That's what I love about watching this group of Dogs, they do whatever it takes to win. You can't coach that but you can get on board and ride to victory.

[quote name="Nederland Dog 2006" post="1127654" timestamp="1321995182"]
[quote author=thedogs1987 link=topic=91896.msg1127140#msg1127140 date=1321935716]
La Marque vs Dawson

[/quote]

From just that 2 minute video I'm not impressed at all by either teams in my opinion. Our defense will stop that play action bootleg garbage. Not impressed at all.
[/quote]

You say that but James White is one of the top runinng backs in the state as a Junior and I don't know if Nederland as faced a offense like Dawson

There is playmakers at every position, when Dawson gets rolling its over
If nederland wins the turnover battle nederland wins, but if Dawson makes nederland play catch up Dawson wins

[quote name="dhseagle11" post="1127721" timestamp="1321999848"]
[quote author=Nederland Dog 2006 link=topic=91896.msg1127654#msg1127654 date=1321995182]
[quote author=thedogs1987 link=topic=91896.msg1127140#msg1127140 date=1321935716]
La Marque vs Dawson

[/quote]

[/quote]

You say that but James White is one of the top runinng backs in the state as a Junior and I don't know if Nederland as faced a offense like Dawson

There is playmakers at every position, when Dawson gets rolling its over
If nederland wins the turnover battle nederland wins, but if Dawson makes nederland play catch up Dawson wins
[/quote]
And i doubt Dawson has played a defense like Nederland's. This may be one of the best defenses in the state. Nederland has held almost everyone well below their avg ppg with the exception being Ozen when we has some players out.

Dawson is solid all around.  They are not unbeatable.  Manvel and La Marque proved this. 

Noticed... the run up the middle can be poorly defensed by them.  Manvel used quick screens, runs up the middle, misdirection and a shots up the field to beat Dawson.  It looks like on FILM, if you get their defense confused, they are not that dominant.

I think IF we get predictable series after series on O, this could be a mis-step.  We need to take advantage of their short comings (every team has 'em, if you study them). 

Also, it looks that they are slow to get ready on defense.  Up tempo, may help us.

Defense clicking on all cylinders, Offense - game of the season.  Turnover, special teams battle won =  Dogs Win!

Be NEDERLAND LOUD at this one!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dawson is very solid and they have real good size,however, they can be beaten...offensively, they like to hit the quick stuff...QB has a good arm, but certainly not better than Green...this game is winnable for the Dogs...this team just has that attitude that refuses to give in to anyone...Dawson will be in for a scrum, that's for sure...the longer the Dogs hang around, the better their chances will be...defense and field position, defense and field position...Dogs 30, Dawson 28

[quote name="dhseagle11" post="1127792" timestamp="1322003765"]
I know it will be a hard hitting game both sides will be full and loud

I do have family that live in Nederland so I also want Dawson to win for bragging rights ;)
[/quote]I have a few Beaumont Exxon ex co-workers that are calling me also.  Those guys are great friends and Nederland fans... Bragging rights will help me also!  Dawson should take care of business as usual.

[quote name="PURPLE 4EVER" post="1127829" timestamp="1322006972"]
Took my dad to get a hair cut at Cropos today (how somethings just stay the same), anyways, two Bulldogs were getting hair cuts while I was in there.  GOOD LUCK TO THE DOGS!  They looked pretty intense.  Hope all goes well.
[/quote]

My office is right across from cropo's. You should have stopped by and said hi!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder