Nederland vs. Houston Stratford

Puma42

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its not much.... but here are some houston barnicle stats...

[url=http://www.chron.com/sports/highschool/scoreboard/?mkt=houston&site=default&tpl=team&Sport=1&TeamID=53&SchoolID=&Season=2011&DistrictID=&SearchDate=11%2F10%2F11&SearchDateEnd=11%2F12%2F11&SearchLastName=&SearchFirstName=&Market=9&SearchType=Teams]http://www.chron.com/sports/highschool/scoreboard/?mkt=houston&site=default&tpl=team&Sport=1&TeamID=53&SchoolID=&Season=2011&DistrictID=&SearchDate=11%2F10%2F11&SearchDateEnd=11%2F12%2F11&SearchLastName=&SearchFirstName=&Market=9&SearchType=Teams[/url]

[quote name="BigRed42" post="1116196" timestamp="1321156862"]
Anyone have the scoop on Stratford? I know nothing about them  :-\

If anyone finds out time/date/location post it!!
[/quote]

stratford here, what would you like to know? its our 2nd yr in 4a, so i dont know much about shs opponents, but that makes it fun...

stratford is in west houston, just south of i 10 west of the beltway, its in a nice area (and nice people) in football, state champs in 78 (led by craig james) had a lot of good teams from 78 to 93, then bottom fell out for more then a decade, new coaching staff comes in, took a couple yrs to right the ship, but we have made playoffs for 6th straight yr...also andrew luck was ou star qb a few yrs back (he is qb at stanford, heisman hopefull and will be taken #1 in draft).....we are usaully known for having a solid defense, this yr we have a very good secondary, 2 studs at safety, a lot of track speed, tactical speed at lb in our 3-4, and one stud at d end, hes a beast..
on the other side, we will mix it up, no big power running backs, but do have some speed.......i have no ideas what to expect sat, no common opponents, several miles apart, but this is tx, lots of good teams, i expect a good game

[quote name="GoDogs27" post="1116636" timestamp="1321198077"]
[quote author=kf89 link=topic=91472.msg1116288#msg1116288 date=1321158901]
did nederland lose another flip?nederland visitors?

[/quote]

wouldnt surprise me. We have AWFUL luck with coin flips in the playoffs. i dont know how Neumann hasnt lost his mind when you lose almost every coin flip like that.
[/quote]

galena looks like a good nuetral location, im guessing there was no coin flip, they agreed to meet in the middle

Stratford started the season 1-3, but have won 5 out of 6 with the only loss against Brenham.  Big win over Magnolia West(who plays Dayton)  51-13 towards the end of the year.

http://www.chron.com/sports/highschool/scoreboard/?mkt=houston&site=default&tpl=team&Sport=1&TeamID=53&SchoolID=&Season=2011&DistrictID=&SearchDate=11%2F13%2F11&SearchDateEnd=11%2F13%2F11&SearchLastName=&SearchFirstName=&Market=9&SearchType=Teams

Now that PNG is out of the playoff picture I will put all of my hopes on Big Ned. Not to sound negative but if the dogs are to go deep in the playoffs..or just get to round 3...they will have to get their passing game going. Seems like they have been very flat for the last 4 games starting with Lumberton. The defense can only carry this team for so long. The ground game is improving every week but the passing game has been going the other direction. Good luck Dogs!

[quote name="pngpurple4ever" post="1116696" timestamp="1321201459"]
Now that PNG is out of the playoff picture I will put all of my hopes on Big Ned. Not to sound negative but if the dogs are to go deep in the playoffs..or just get to round 3...they will have to get their passing game going. Seems like they have been very flat for the last 4 games starting with Lumberton. The defense can only carry this team for so long. The ground game is improving every week but the passing game has been going the other direction. Good luck Dogs!
[/quote]Agreed, our passing will have to improve. We have enough defense imo to take us a few rounds, but the O needs to step up.

The only thing wrong with the passing game is it is predictable. GCM did their homework in the film room. Get the running game going and mix in some play action. The flanker screen works if blocked well, but if the play is jumped, it's a pick six. Had a receiver open on a long pass that was interfered with but not called. We can get open, but the running game was moving the ball, so don't get cute with the play calling. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I like a play action roll out with the TE rolling the same direction.....always with the option to run. Remember how well that worked?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder