Vidor vs Montgomery....

VP93....

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually I think the excitement is neat.  It comes from the experience of going somewhere you have never been.  That was Montgomery last year making it to the fourth round.  The down side is once you get to a new level, the excitement is not nearly as intense the next time.  Winning is a double edged sword...once you start, everyone expects it.  Before you know it, a two loss season is a failure.

Sorry again for cheating you out of an Administration.

[quote name="MOBearsFan" post="1120767" timestamp="1321507101"]
Actually I think the excitement is neat.  It comes from the experience of going somewhere you have never been.  That was Montgomery last year making it to the fourth round.  The down side is once you get to a new level, the excitement is not nearly as intense the next time.  Winning is a double edged sword...once you start, everyone expects it.  Before you know it, a two loss season is a failure.

[/quote]

Actually, I would have rather it been Kennedy's....notoriety is better and what's one year?

[quote name="MOBearsFan" post="1120767" timestamp="1321507101"]

[/quote]

Amen....  I know what you mean.  If we arnt playing in the regional final, the season is usually a failure...  This year, it's state or bust!  Too much talent on this team not to win it all...

Guest blackflag
[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="1120739" timestamp="1321503861"]
[quote author=MOBearsFan link=topic=91411.msg1120734#msg1120734 date=1321503175]
Hey BrenhamFan...come sit on our side...you will be a little more welcome.  No one in Montgomery can say too much to anyone from Brenham other than I hope you guys win State in D2.  The Vidor fans probably don't know too much about the history of the Brenham football program because they are usually done with their season about 4 - 6 weeks before you guys are.  There is a lot of Vidor bravado on this forum from a team that just won thier first playoff game since the Kennedy administration.
[/quote]

Lol.  That's funny...  Thanks for your support, and you better believe me and my green shoes, will be rooting for Montgomery and the rest of 17-4A!  Like I said earlier, I wanna meet up with a couple of Vidor people and check out the atmosphere their fans provide.  If they have a problem with a football-crazed Cub fan standing up and yelling for the Bears, then thats too bad, cuz it's gonna happen.  Good luck Friday!
[/quote]

So , you will be sitting on Vidors side and you will be pulling for Montgomery .

Seriously thats Not a good idea !  Probably will get punched . Just saying

[quote name="blackflag" post="1120815" timestamp="1321530707"]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=91411.msg1120739#msg1120739 date=1321503861]
[quote author=MOBearsFan link=topic=91411.msg1120734#msg1120734 date=1321503175]
Hey BrenhamFan...come sit on our side...you will be a little more welcome.  No one in Montgomery can say too much to anyone from Brenham other than I hope you guys win State in D2.  The Vidor fans probably don't know too much about the history of the Brenham football program because they are usually done with their season about 4 - 6 weeks before you guys are.  There is a lot of Vidor bravado on this forum from a team that just won thier first playoff game since the Kennedy administration.
[/quote]

Lol.  That's funny...  Thanks for your support, and you better believe me and my green shoes, will be rooting for Montgomery and the rest of 17-4A!  Like I said earlier, I wanna meet up with a couple of Vidor people and check out the atmosphere their fans provide.  If they have a problem with a football-crazed Cub fan standing up and yelling for the Bears, then thats too bad, cuz it's gonna happen.  Good luck Friday!
[/quote]

So , you will be sitting on Vidors side and you will be pulling for Montgomery .

[/quote]Uhh, REALLY?

[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=91411.msg1120739#msg1120739 date=1321503861]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

you can sit by me .... and pull for your beloved bears.... ;=D I know MObears  will love it know that their #1 fan is safe and sound on the Black Pearl :-D..... I can even PM you my Cell # and that way you can find me easier :-D

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="1120777" timestamp="1321507859"]
[quote author=MOBearsFan link=topic=91411.msg1120767#msg1120767 date=1321507101]

[/quote]

Amen....  I know what you mean.  If we arnt playing in the regional final, the season is usually a failure...  This year, it's state or bust!  Too much talent on this team not to win it all...
[/quote]You'll BUST!! HAHAHAHA :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

[quote name="Lions#80" post="1120882" timestamp="1321540048"]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=91411.msg1120777#msg1120777 date=1321507859]
[quote author=MOBearsFan link=topic=91411.msg1120767#msg1120767 date=1321507101]

[/quote]

[/quote]You'll BUST!! HAHAHAHA :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

I HOPE IN THEORY THAT YOU ARE CORRECT ABOUT THE NEXT LEVEL!!!
The reason so is because this is only the FIRST you'll see of our Pirates .The talent and size coming up is truly something to look forward too!! A great set of twins that'll hit you in the teethe,lots of speed,and some linemen that are 250+.......Good Luck Pirates bring it home for #28 and future underclassmen!!!!

[/quote]

[quote name="MOBearsFan" post="1120734" timestamp="1321503175"]
[/quote]

That is because we are finally breaking out of the losing mold and we are very excited about that. ;)  Like I told somebody the other day when I had my playoff shirt on, "I have waited all my life to be able to wear a playoff shirt.  Now this year, I can wear it past the first round and after tomorrow, I will wear it to round 3!" LOL

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

There's that Vidor hospitality that I've heard about.....  Y'all wonder why people stereotype y'all....  We'll that sure doesn't help...  Anyways, I'll be there in my green, so I won't be hard to find.  If you or anybody else has a problem with it, and wants to "punch" me, I'll see you after the game.  This doesn't apply to the Vidor people who have been cool with me.

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="1120948" timestamp="1321545329"]
[quote author=blackflag link=topic=91411.msg1120815#msg1120815 date=1321530707]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

There's that Vidor hospitality that I've heard about.....  Y'all wonder why people stereotype y'all....  We'll that sure doesn't help...  Anyways, I'll be there and my green, so I won't be hard to find.  If you or anybody else has a problem with it, and wants to "punch" me, I'll see you after the game.  This doesn't apply to the Vidor people who have been cool with me.
[/quote]

You will not have problems with anybody on our side of the field.  Obviously, you have a few people/fans everywhere, in every city, that speak before they think and this is a prime example.  You will have a blast on our side!  The entire crowd gets into the game.  Just wait until you hear the LaPray and Packards song!!  Everybody starts singing the only part they know........OHHHHHHHHHH, OOOOHHHOOHOOOOOO!!!

[move] [size=24pt][/size]GO PIRATES!!! [size=24pt][/size][/move]

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="1120955" timestamp="1321545634"]
[quote author=Pirates34 link=topic=91411.msg1120908#msg1120908 date=1321542372]
Brenhamfan, as long as you aren't obnoxious or rude, then no will bother you, and you definitely won't get punched..
[/quote]

I'm not a rude person, I treat people with the respect they show me.  I hope it's a good game without injuries.
[/quote]
I know, i wasn't saying you are. I was just saying no one will have a reason to be rude to you, or punch you which is ridiculous. I for one am glad you are coming to our side and i sincerely hope that noone gives you the wrong impression of our town.

[quote name="PirateGirl4ever" post="1120957" timestamp="1321545698"]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=91411.msg1120948#msg1120948 date=1321545329]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

There's that Vidor hospitality that I've heard about.....  Y'all wonder why people stereotype y'all....  We'll that sure doesn't help...  Anyways, I'll be there and my green, so I won't be hard to find.  If you or anybody else has a problem with it, and wants to "punch" me, I'll see you after the game.  This doesn't apply to the Vidor people who have been cool with me.
[/quote]

You will not have problems with anybody on our side of the field.  Obviously, you have a few people/fans everywhere, in every city, that speak before they think and this is a prime example.  You will have a blast on our side!  The entire crowd gets into the game.  Just wait until you hear the LaPray and Packards song!!  Everybody starts singing the only part they know........OHHHHHHHHHH, OOOOHHHOOHOOOOOO!!!

[/quote]

Well thank you.  I'm sure it's a great atmosphere.  I wish I could catch a homecoming game, but we always have a game that same night.  As for fans, I know each town has their bad ones, so don't worry. 

@ Pirates34- thanks for the warm welcome.  I doubt I'll have any problems, but if I do, I'll be able to take care of myself.

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="1120972" timestamp="1321546401"]
[quote author=PirateGirl4ever link=topic=91411.msg1120957#msg1120957 date=1321545698]
[quote author=BrenhamFan link=topic=91411.msg1120948#msg1120948 date=1321545329]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Well thank you.  I'm sure it's a great atmosphere.  I wish I could catch a homecoming game, but we always have a game that same night.  As for fans, I know each town has their bad ones, so don't worry. 

@ Pirates34- thanks for the warm welcome.  I doubt I'll have any problems, but if I do, I'll be able to take care of myself.
[/quote]
Be ready for a very intense football debate.  8)

[quote name="PirateGirl4ever" post="1120957" timestamp="1321545698"]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
Wished the LaPray/Packard bunch would come tonight to the pep rally and teach us ALL the words to the song!!!.......... ;D

[quote name="~PirateMom87~" post="1120986" timestamp="1321547529"]
[quote author=PirateGirl4ever link=topic=91411.msg1120957#msg1120957 date=1321545698]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
Wished the LaPray/Packard bunch would come tonight to the pep rally and teach us ALL the words to the song!!!.......... ;D
[/quote]
I agree with that. I've always wanted to learn it.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder