VIDOR vs. CROSBY BROADCAST/VIDOR WINS 42-20!

WOSgrad

Thanks to all our 20-4A district friends for you support tonight.  I saw a lot of PNG Purple and Nederland B & G at the game.  We may talk trash during the regular season but we always support each other in the playoffs.  When it comes to playing others the Golden Triangle is one big family.  Thanks for your support.  We will be there for you.

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a few quick stats:

1  2  3  4      T
Crosby  7  6  7  0    20
Vidor    0  21  14  7    42

[b]Vidor[/b]                          [b]Crosby[/b]
[u]Passing[/u]
Quirante    0-2-0        As. Walter  9-19-133-1-1
[u]Rushing [/u]
Quirante  20-109 3TD  As. Walter  17-127
Clark      25-108 3TD  Au. Walter  12-125 2TD
Bolinger  12-50          Scott          2-13
Novak      9-38
Moore      1-5
  67-310  4.6 ypr          31-265  8.5 ypr
[u]Receiving[/u]
                                Scott        3-75 TD
                                Au. Walter 4-43
                                Chatmon  1-8
                                Street      1-7
    17        First Downs      18
      0          Turnovers        2
  4-38.3 av  Punts        3-37.3 av
  9-16 56%  3rd Down    3-8 38%
  3-3 100%  4th Down    1-2 50%
  6-6          PAT            2-3
  4-30 yds  Penalties    12-105 yds
      0          TOD              1

[quote name="Tim Riggins" post="1112238" timestamp="1320989436"]
Great atmosphere at the game with all the area support, Vidor side was full.  (Would like to know the attendance total).  The twins are the real deal and are elusive and super hard to tackle.  The Cougars have a very explosive big play offense, but seem to let emotions get the best of them sometime, several personal foul/roughing penalties throughout the game.
I can see where they will be a force in 19-4A for the next couple of years.
[/quote]

no 11 had something wrong with his head it looked like.

[quote name="STiger85" post="1112293" timestamp="1320993817"]
Just a few quick stats:

1  2  3  4      T
Crosby  7  6  7  0    20
Vidor    0  21  14  7    42

[b]Vidor[/b]                          [b]Crosby[/b]
[u]Passing[/u]
Quirante    0-2-0        As. Walter  9-19-133-1-1
[u]Rushing [/u]
Quirante  20-109 3TD  As. Walter  17-127
Clark      25-108 3TD  Au. Walter  12-125 2TD
Bolinger  12-50          Scott          2-13
Novak      9-38
Moore      1-5
  67-310  4.6 ypr          31-265  8.5 ypr
[u]Receiving[/u]
                                Scott        3-75 TD
                                Au. Walter 4-43
                                Chatmon  1-8
                                Street      1-7
    17        First Downs      18
      0          Turnovers        2
  4-38.3 av  Punts        3-37.3 av
  9-16 56%  3rd Down    3-8 38%
  3-3 100%  4th Down    1-2 50%
  6-6          PAT            2-3
  4-30 yds  Penalties    12-105 yds
      0          TOD              1
[/quote]

12 Penalties for 105 yards........OUCH!!!!  Sounded like a lot of those were at the worse time as well.  Congrats Vidor, very clean game for you.  Crosby, your back to sucking again since you got beat.  >:( >:( 

[quote name="Lacesup" post="1112256" timestamp="1320990418"]
i also vote for a tank action figure #34 Brentyn Clark
[/quote]
I agree, sounds like he had a great game and I don't think it was his first this season! Not sure why this kid doesn't get much credit. I have really only heard two names this year from the Vidor team and I just don't get it!

[quote name="KHS 89" post="1112200" timestamp="1320987756"]
[quote author=BHFAN link=topic=91245.msg1111947#msg1111947 date=1320983081]
[quote author=prepballfan link=topic=91245.msg1111904#msg1111904 date=1320982463]
[quote author=BHFAN link=topic=91245.msg1111880#msg1111880 date=1320982144]
Looking like Crosby blew their wad on BH last week. Doesn't even sound like the same team! 1 penalty against BH for 5 yards the whole game and 0 turnovers :-[
[/quote].                                                                                                     
Nope it is the same team that beat you last week vidor runs the same system you guys do vidor is way better
[/quote]

Thank you for your expert analyisis [b]to[/b] bad its WRONG 8)

Two... Too...To    All have different meanings. Learn it.  It comes in handy when [size=14pt][b]your [/b] [/size] trying to own someone. Otherwise, you look like a bigger tool.... Oh, and analysis only has one I.
BH grad?
[/quote]
[/quote]

Always teaching..  You might want to proof read your posts as well brother !!

[quote name="ndn2016" post="1112227" timestamp="1320989049"]
It seems like most of the comments about the game were based on the radio broadcast. I was there and believe that does make a difference. I feel like Crosby's coaches made the mistake of passing when they were running wild, that led to the interception. But the play on the ball by #3 the Vidor player who intercepted was textbook. (by the way very impressed with his whole game) The fumble on the kickoff was the result of a Vidor player laying the wood, so give credit where credit is due. Vidor's kickoff coverage was excellent all night and they kicked off plenty of times to get a look at that. ;D
Crosby could not stop Vidor's running game, Vidor got a lead and ground it  out the way they hope they can every time they play. They beat Crosby all night at the line of scrimmage. As far as Crosby's penalties I believe the crowd noise was a factor with illegal procedure calls. Crosby's personal foul penalties were legitimate and it is my opinion that #11 should have been thrown out of the game on the 1st personal foul penalty he got, but he was able to come back in and get some more. (lack of discipline?? coaching??)  Crosby's twins are something.  Conclusion - Crosby may have had more raw talent, but Vidor had more heart and played like a well oiled machine as a team. Coach Matthews made some gutsy calls with the 3? 4th down calls with about 1 yd to go, but the way they were getting 3-4 yards on almost every play made the calls no brainers. Congratulations Crosby on a good season and a lot to build on. Congratulations Vidor and thanks for letting me share the moment. Go 20 - 4A.
[/quote]

Great Post !  Thanks !

[quote name="DarthVidor" post="1112287" timestamp="1320992685"]
[quote author=Tim Riggins link=topic=91245.msg1112281#msg1112281 date=1320992318]
[quote author=WOSgrad link=topic=91245.msg1112277#msg1112277 date=1320991911]
[quote author=DarthVidor link=topic=91245.msg1112270#msg1112270 date=1320991388]
Where are ya'll hearing Vidors last Play-off win was in '64...I could be wrong, but I grew up hearing the '78 team won district and won enough play off games to play in the Astrodome.  It was b4 my time but thats what I've always heard.  Great game by the Pirates tonight, wish I could have been there but at least got to hear the game on this site, and am thankful for that....Will be at the Nederland game Tmw night rooting for the Dawgs!
[/quote]

Vidor won the district championship but was eliminated during bi-district.  That game was played in the 'Dome.
[/quote]
Right you are Grad, played Aldine in the 'Dome in '78, lost Bryan Harris, the team's leading running back on the opening kickoff and it was all downhill from there.
Will be going to the Ned game tomorrow night to support the 'Dawgs and see 20-4A pick if win #2.
[/quote]
Ok thanks!  That makes sense then.
[/quote]

I have a picture that someone took when we played in the Dome.  PNG, Nederland had signs hanging in the Dome.  The signs read.  [b][/b]PNG supports the Vidor Pirates[b][/b].  [b][/b]Nederland supports the Vidor Pirates[b][/b].  One other thing the official attendance at the Dome in 1978, 32,460.  Now keep something in mind we played Aldine which the Dome is in their back yard.

[quote name="ndn mom" post="1112357" timestamp="1321015488"]
[quote author=Lacesup link=topic=91245.msg1112256#msg1112256 date=1320990418]
i also vote for a tank action figure #34 Brentyn Clark
[/quote]
I agree, sounds like he had a great game and I don't think it was his first this season! Not sure why this kid doesn't get much credit. I have really only heard two names this year from the Vidor team and I just don't get it!
[/quote]

I have to agree with you here.  Our Oline played great again.  Just like they have all season, but Clark made a statement last night.  I have been watching that boy play since he was 6 and let me tell you something.  That kid last night was a man among boys.  By far his best game I have seen him play.  If not for a couple of stumbles he would have been over 200 yards last night.  That young man was flat out running over the Crosby defense.  Way to go B.  You were fantastic last night.

I was in attendance at this game last night and didn't have time to post my observations. Big congrads on Vidor for their first playoff win in ages. 

Crosby is a good team with those twins and #11.  They al have some get up and go and the acrobatic leaping catch when showed on the jumbotron screen were awesome.  This team athleticwis should have put up a better game than this.  But I've heard that the twins are sophmores (somebody correct me if I'm wrong).  They'll be back strong again next year and I feel sorry for who draws them next year. Nice looking team. (ps...  One of the twins got frustrated at the end of the game and threw his helmet down.  Hang in there, kid.  Yall will be in it next year in the same position)

Vidor?  What can I say about them.  They played GREAT playoff football.  I'll start with offense. The thing that stuck out to me was that all the running plays, they were not ONCE called for holding.  That's excellent football.  Major props to Matthews and company.  Vidor's offense was not stopped except for the initial drive and that was on a faulse start penalty.  Other than that, the Pirate offense were not denied.  # 23 for Vidor was a man tonight.  This kid, without doupt will win MVP of the year.  He runs with a purpose and with heart.  Clark (who me and the neigboring fans referred to as 'Big Boy') made me proud.  That's the way a 'big Nasty is supposed to play.  Play of the day?  The Vidor RB (i forgot on what play) hit the sideline and trucked a Crosby tackler and they showed it on the big screen.  We went nuts. Vidor's defense is what was most impressive.  They didn't back down nor was intimidated by the twin's speed (and boy, those twins can flat out fly). They made good tackles (for the most part as the twins broke free on some long plays) and took excellent angles to make the tackle on much faster and quicker players.  This is the aspect of the game that made me pick Vidor in this game.  #23 was a tackling machine as usual.  Very deceptive speed as most of the starting Vidor defense.  They withstood Crosby surges and played bend don't break football, until late in the 4th.  Then they went and got that QB! 

It was a pleasure and worth my admission last night to see these pirates again. (This is the 3rd Vidor game this year for me).  Makes me proud to be a fan that's part of the most pationate district in the state of texas.  Sail on, Pirates.  Sail on!

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1112412" timestamp="1321019652"]
I was in attendance at this game last night and didn't have time to post my observations. Big congrads on Vidor for their first playoff win in ages. 

Crosby is a good team with those twins and #11.  They al have some get up and go and the acrobatic leaping catch when showed on the jumbotron screen were awesome.  This team athleticwis should have put up a better game than this.  But I've heard that the twins are sophmores (somebody correct me if I'm wrong).  They'll be back strong again next year and I feel sorry for who draws them next year. Nice looking team. (ps...  One of the twins got frustrated at the end of the game and threw his helmet down.  Hang in there, kid.  Yall will be in it next year in the same position)

Vidor?  What can I say about them.  They played GREAT playoff football.  I'll start with offense. The thing that stuck out to me was that all the running plays, they were not ONCE called for holding.  That's excellent football.  Major props to Matthews and company.  Vidor's offense was not stopped except for the initial drive and that was on a faulse start penalty.  Other than that, the Pirate offense were not denied.  # 23 for Vidor was a man tonight.  This kid, without doupt will win MVP of the year.  He runs with a purpose and with heart.  Clark (who me and the neigboring fans referred to as 'Big Boy') made me proud.  That's the way a 'big Nasty is supposed to play.  Play of the day?  The Vidor RB (i forgot on what play) hit the sideline and trucked a Crosby tackler and they showed it on the big screen.  We went nuts. Vidor's defense is what was most impressive.  They didn't back down nor was intimidated by the twin's speed (and boy, those twins can flat out fly). They made good tackles (for the most part as the twins broke free on some long plays) and took excellent angles to make the tackle on much faster and quicker players.  This is the aspect of the game that made me pick Vidor in this game.  #23 was a tackling machine as usual.  Very deceptive speed as most of the starting Vidor defense.  They withstood Crosby surges and played bend don't break football, until late in the 4th.  Then they went and got that QB! 

It was a pleasure and worth my admission last night to see these pirates again. (This is the 3rd Vidor game this year for me).  Makes me proud to be a fan that's part of the most pationate district in the state of texas.  Sail on, Pirates.  Sail on!
[/quote]

I think you are referring to #3 when he ran over #14 on the sidelines.... took him off his feet.... that was Bryce Cooper after the interception.... he tip toed down the side line then lowered the shoulder and gave #14 a lesson on how to land after being bull dozed by a 150 lb DB....

[quote name="Coach Comeaux" post="1112434" timestamp="1321021077"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=91245.msg1112412#msg1112412 date=1321019652]

[/quote]

I think you are referring to #3 when he ran over #14 on the sidelines.... took him off his feet.... that was Bryce Cooper after the interception.... he tip toed down the side line then lowered the shoulder and gave #14 a lesson on how to land after being bull dozed by a 150 lb DB....
[/quote]

They were all "BEASTS" last night.  Played hard-nose football...from a tragedy to a triumph!!!  It has been a hard season for them , but they manned-up and decided they weren't going to allow Matt's death to ruin Matt's dream to go all the way!  Way to go boys, coaches, and fans.  We are on our way! 

As far as "The Twins"...awesome players. Just need a little different coaching to sail them into victory next season.  They were slippery snakes.  #11...just a frustrated kid with no respect, other than that a great athlete!

I'll be the first to admit I can be "one of those PN-G fans"  :P , but puting my pride aside...this is a very special time for Vidor Football. Even though I'd never root against Vidor I stated in an earlier post I was afraid Crosby maybe too much for Vidor to handle...I had those words last night for dinner  ;D....I have also stated that I got the vibe that this Vidor team was filled with unselfish players who will do whatever it takes to win, that showed last night. Vidor savor this moment, you have earned this.

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1112158" timestamp="1320986155"]
Um Crosby has more speed than Montgomery. Um, Crosby just got smoked like a BBQ contest in Lockhart. Lol. No Dobbins, no heir apparent, Vidor will win.
[/quote]

JIMMY DOMINICK (7.9 yds/car), DEDRICK LINTON (8.7 yds/car), your right no Dobbins on the roster. Just an offense that's generating 475 yds/game avg. And a DEFENSE that's only giving up 116 yds/game avg.  If you think you are gonna rush for 310 yds against da' Bears, cherish that thought, and good luck with it. Brenham had the best rushing game against da' Bears, and it was for 186 yards. Better learn to pass, oh yeah and if you do, da'Bears have a REGION leading DEFENSE with 18 INT's (three-way tie with Hubbard and Clear Springs). That DEFENSE is averaging 5 sacks/game and 9.5 hurries/knockdowns per game.

So bring your lunch boxes boys, it's going to be a chore......

Oh yeah "Montgomery Who?"....... You know soon enough......

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1112412" timestamp="1321019652"]

[/quote]
Great post Soulja.  I always like to hear from fans who don't have a "dog in the hunt" so to speak to get their take on the team/game.  You can usually get a more objective view that way.

[quote name="PNGFan" post="1112487" timestamp="1321023675"]
I was there last night and still hoarse today!!! Great game!!!!
[/quote]
yeah me too - will be starting out hoarse for the PNG game, but when the refs gave them 1 second back on the clock for the last play of the game, that's when the football fan in me went off.  :o

[quote name="ndn2016" post="1112704" timestamp="1321032641"]
[quote author=PNGFan link=topic=91245.msg1112487#msg1112487 date=1321023675]
I was there last night and still hoarse today!!! Great game!!!!
[/quote]
yeah me too - will be starting out hoarse for the PNG game, but when the refs gave them 1 second back on the clock for the last play of the game, that's when the football fan in me went off.  :o
[/quote]
I meant for the last play of the 1st half.

[quote name="Mark F Barnes" post="1112566" timestamp="1321026692"]
[quote author=Mr. Buddy Garrity link=topic=91245.msg1112158#msg1112158 date=1320986155]
Um Crosby has more speed than Montgomery. Um, Crosby just got smoked like a BBQ contest in Lockhart. Lol. No Dobbins, no heir apparent, Vidor will win.
[/quote]

JIMMY DOMINICK (7.9 yds/car), DEDRICK LINTON (8.7 yds/car), your right no Dobbins on the roster. Just an offense that's generating 475 yds/game avg. And a DEFENSE that's only giving up 116 yds/game avg.  If you think you are gonna rush for 310 yds against da' Bears, cherish that thought, and good luck with it. Brenham had the best rushing game against da' Bears, and it was for 186 yards. Better learn to pass, oh yeah and if you do, da'Bears have a REGION leading DEFENSE with 18 INT's (three-way tie with Hubbard and Clear Springs). That DEFENSE is averaging 5 sacks/game and 9.5 hurries/knockdowns per game.

So bring your lunch boxes boys, it's going to be a chore......

Oh yeah "Montgomery Who?"....... You know soon enough......
[/quote]You might want to worry about Huntsville first, just ask Brenham about looking past the first round! You can post all the stats you want, gotta play the game. I hope Montgomery overlooks us, people have been doing it all year and saying "Vidor Who?" you'll know soon enough!

[quote name="Mr. Buddy Garrity" post="1112158" timestamp="1320986155"]
[/quote]

Scooter, you my friend, are crazy.  If Montgomery takes care of Huntsville like they should, how bout we make a little wager?  I'll bet you a steak dinner that Montgomery will beat Vidor....  (Assuming they beat Huntsville) How bout it?  Put your $ where your mouth is....

;)

17-4A all the way!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    NEWton86
    Newest Member
    NEWton86