VIDOR vs. CROSBY BROADCAST/VIDOR WINS 42-20!

WOSgrad

[quote name="bigred360" post="1111683" timestamp="1320978468"]
Coach Mathews is a smash mouth kind of guy and it sound like his team has taken on his personality. They are going to be tough in the 4th quarter.

If Vidor can contain their speed the Pirates are going to win this game!
[/quote]

I think I pretty much called it at halftime. Great job Vidor and Coach Mathews!

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems like most of the comments about the game were based on the radio broadcast. I was there and believe that does make a difference. I feel like Crosby's coaches made the mistake of passing when they were running wild, that led to the interception. But the play on the ball by #3 the Vidor player who intercepted was textbook. (by the way very impressed with his whole game) The fumble on the kickoff was the result of a Vidor player laying the wood, so give credit where credit is due. Vidor's kickoff coverage was excellent all night and they kicked off plenty of times to get a look at that. ;D
Crosby could not stop Vidor's running game, Vidor got a lead and ground it  out the way they hope they can every time they play. They beat Crosby all night at the line of scrimmage. As far as Crosby's penalties I believe the crowd noise was a factor with illegal procedure calls. Crosby's personal foul penalties were legitimate and it is my opinion that #11 should have been thrown out of the game on the 1st personal foul penalty he got, but he was able to come back in and get some more. (lack of discipline?? coaching??)  Crosby's twins are something.  Conclusion - Crosby may have had more raw talent, but Vidor had more heart and played like a well oiled machine as a team. Coach Matthews made some gutsy calls with the 3? 4th down calls with about 1 yd to go, but the way they were getting 3-4 yards on almost every play made the calls no brainers. Congratulations Crosby on a good season and a lot to build on. Congratulations Vidor and thanks for letting me share the moment. Go 20 - 4A.

To put this in historical perspective, in the year that Vidor last won a playoff game:

The President was Lyndon Johnson;

All cars had front seat belts for the 1st time;

Ford rolled out a new car called the Mustang;

A new car cost $2,200

A new action figure called G.I Joe was introduced;

"A Fistful of Dollars" premeired starring some kid named Eastwood;

My parents weren't even married.

CONGRATULATIONS, PIRATES!!!

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1112231" timestamp="1320989218"]
To put this in historical perspective, the last time that Vidor won a playoff game:

A new car cost $2,200

[b]My parents weren't even married.[/b][/quote]

My mom had just turned 3 years old!  ;D

Great atmosphere at the game with all the area support, Vidor side was full.  (Would like to know the attendance total).  The twins are the real deal and are elusive and super hard to tackle.  The Cougars have a very explosive big play offense, but seem to let emotions get the best of them sometime, several personal foul/roughing penalties throughout the game.
I can see where they will be a force in 19-4A for the next couple of years.

[quote name="ndn2016" post="1112227" timestamp="1320989049"]
It seems like most of the comments about the game were based on the radio broadcast. I was there and believe that does make a difference. I feel like Crosby's coaches made the mistake of passing when they were running wild, that led to the interception. But the play on the ball by #3 the Vidor player who intercepted was textbook. (by the way very impressed with his whole game) The fumble on the kickoff was the result of a Vidor player laying the wood, so give credit where credit is due. Vidor's kickoff coverage was excellent all night and they kicked off plenty of times to get a look at that. ;D
Crosby could not stop Vidor's running game, Vidor got a lead and ground it  out the way they hope they can every time they play. They beat Crosby all night at the line of scrimmage. As far as Crosby's penalties I believe the crowd noise was a factor with illegal procedure calls. Crosby's personal foul penalties were legitimate and it is my opinion that #11 should have been thrown out of the game on the 1st personal foul penalty he got, but he was able to come back in and get some more. (lack of discipline?? coaching??)  Crosby's twins are something.  Conclusion - Crosby may have had more raw talent, but Vidor had more heart and played like a well oiled machine as a team. Coach Matthews made some gutsy calls with the 3? 4th down calls with about 1 yd to go, but the way they were getting 3-4 yards on almost every play made the calls no brainers. Congratulations Crosby on a good season and a lot to build on. Congratulations Vidor and thanks for letting me share the moment. Go 20 - 4A.
[/quote]

That pretty much sums it up.  Good post.

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1112231" timestamp="1320989218"]
To put this in historical perspective, in the year that Vidor last won a playoff game:

A new car cost $2,200

My parents weren't even married.

CONGRATULATIONS, PIRATES!!!
[/quote]

Incredible post, thanks WOS!! I'll probably stay up all night with this victory; long time coming. By the way, we have a new action figure ourselves, he's named MONTANA QUIRANTE.

Great analysis ndn2016. I went to the game tonight and contrary to the butt hurt 19-4A fans, Crosby did not give this game away. Vidor took this game and forced mistakes by Crosby. They gave them a good old-fashioned beat down. There were a lot of cheap shots taken by Crosby and #11 should have been kicked out after his first PF...totally classless. I don't remember Crosby acting like this when we played them. Congrats Pirates! A well deserved win, no doubt.

[quote name="navydawg31" post="1112240" timestamp="1320989524"]
Vidor's punt returner running over the punter from crosby on the side line has to be one of my favorite plays of the game.
[/quote]
That was #3 - right? I loved that. He dropped his shoulder and hammered that guy.

[quote name="ndn2016" post="1112245" timestamp="1320989696"]
[quote author=navydawg31 link=topic=91245.msg1112240#msg1112240 date=1320989524]
Vidor's punt returner running over the punter from crosby on the side line has to be one of my favorite plays of the game.
[/quote]
That was #3 - right? I loved that. He dropped his shoulder and hammered that guy.
[/quote]

yeah I believe it was and so did I

Congrads to the Vidor Pirates who gave 110% effort tonight.Great game plan by Vidor coaching staff constantly making ajustments.Crowd was loud and packed and met some great setx posters.I thought turnovers would decide the outcome and Crosby had 2 while da Pirates played a near perfect game.Pressuring the young soph qb and making him thrown on the run into dbl coverage for a Vidor int.and turn it into 7 points to lead @half.Vidor kicks off and Crosby special teams player picks up the kick w/defenders in his face and the ball pops loose,Vidor takes it in later to go up by 14.Magic # now @28 points taking Crosby out of rythum.Surprized to see Crosby not making defensive adjustments and sticking w/front 3 and not loading the box some.Vidor blitzed alot and Crosby couldn't adjust.I picked Crosby in a real close game that I missed on my pic-ems.Just proves you cannot pic against Heart and Vidor proved beyond expectations they wanted this game and enjoy the moment,keep on believing in your season.Pleasure was all mine tonight,great team,spirit,and fans ;)

[quote name="liltex" post="1112248" timestamp="1320989947"]
Congrads to the Vidor Pirates who gave 110% effort tonight.Great game plan by Vidor coaching staff constantly making ajustments.Crowd was loud and packed and met some great setx posters.I thought turnovers would decide the outcome and Crosby had 2 while da Pirates played a near perfect game.Pressuring the young soph qb and making him thrown on the run into dbl coverage for a Vidor int.and turn it into 7 points to lead @half.Vidor kicks off and Crosby special teams player picks up the kick w/defenders in his face and the ball pops loose,Vidor takes it in later to go up by 14.Magic # now @28 points taking Crosby out of rythum.Surprized to see Crosby not making defensive adjustments and sticking w/front 3 and not loading the box some.Vidor blitzed alot and Crosby couldn't adjust.I picked Crosby in a real close game that I missed on my pic-ems.Just proves you cannot pic against Heart and Vidor proved beyond expectations they wanted this game and enjoy the moment,keep on believing in your season.Pleasure was all mine tonight,great team,spirit,and fans ;)
[/quote]

I didn't get to meet you.  But I saw you there.  Thanks for coming.  It was a great night!

[quote name="daddy23" post="1112253" timestamp="1320990192"]
[quote author=liltex link=topic=91245.msg1112248#msg1112248 date=1320989947]
[/quote]

I didn't get to meet you.  But I saw you there.  Thanks for coming.  It was a great night!
[/quote]

Pleasure sitting with you liltex. You do know your football!

Where are ya'll hearing Vidors last Play-off win was in '64...I could be wrong, but I grew up hearing the '78 team won district and won enough play off games to play in the Astrodome.  It was b4 my time but thats what I've always heard.  Great game by the Pirates tonight, wish I could have been there but at least got to hear the game on this site, and am thankful for that....Will be at the Nederland game Tmw night rooting for the Dawgs!

Coach Mathews had the Pirates ready to play. Big shoutout to the O-line, great job guys. Bryce Cooper and Austin Rodriguez played great games in the secondary. Keep it rollin' Pirates. Many thanks for all the support from other schools. It was awesome to see so many other schools there cheering with us. 20-4A is 1-0 and on their way to 4-0. Ozen and Ned get it done tomorrow and PN-G breaks out the brooms on Saturday!

[quote name="DarthVidor" post="1112270" timestamp="1320991388"]
Where are ya'll hearing Vidors last Play-off win was in '64...I could be wrong, but I grew up hearing the '78 team won district and won enough play off games to play in the Astrodome.  It was b4 my time but thats what I've always heard.  Great game by the Pirates tonight, wish I could have been there but at least got to hear the game on this site, and am thankful for that....Will be at the Nederland game Tmw night rooting for the Dawgs!
[/quote]

Vidor won the district championship but was eliminated during bi-district.  That game was played in the 'Dome.

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1112277" timestamp="1320991911"]
[quote author=DarthVidor link=topic=91245.msg1112270#msg1112270 date=1320991388]
[/quote]

Vidor won the district championship but was eliminated during bi-district.  That game was played in the 'Dome.
[/quote]
Right you are Grad, played Aldine in the 'Dome in '78, lost Bryan Harris, the team's leading running back on the opening kickoff and it was all downhill from there.
Will be going to the Ned game tomorrow night to support the 'Dawgs and see 20-4A pick if win #2.

[quote name="Tim Riggins" post="1112281" timestamp="1320992318"]
[quote author=WOSgrad link=topic=91245.msg1112277#msg1112277 date=1320991911]
[quote author=DarthVidor link=topic=91245.msg1112270#msg1112270 date=1320991388]
[/quote]

[/quote]
Right you are Grad, played Aldine in the 'Dome in '78, lost Bryan Harris, the team's leading running back on the opening kickoff and it was all downhill from there.
Will be going to the Ned game tomorrow night to support the 'Dawgs and see 20-4A pick if win #2.
[/quote]
Ok thanks!  That makes sense then.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder