West Orange-Stark vs. Cleveland

[quote name="belle-mere" post="1108712" timestamp="1320754615"]
The second half was played with as much class, as a coach could possibly do.
[/quote]

Does class mean having most starters play the 4th Q?  Yes, Tarkington was no match for Cleveland, so I wouldn't call trying out playoff moves against Tarkington an excuse for running up the score. Had the whole 2nd, 3rd team been in like CS did, that's using as much class as a head coach can. Even so, I wish the Indians luck against WOS.
[/quote]

Well it is what it is, do you realize how many of the starting defence and offence are sophomores, 7 on D and 3 on O it's not like we have a ton of depth. I didn't like the score either, but I also didn't like Coldsprings beatings us down or Huffman, it's part of the game. I still believe IMO that the game was played with class, regardless of the score.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Indian Fan" post="1108781" timestamp="1320760693"]
[quote author=belle-mere link=topic=91073.msg1108712#msg1108712 date=1320754615]
[/quote]

Does class mean having most starters play the 4th Q?  Yes, Tarkington was no match for Cleveland, so I wouldn't call trying out playoff moves against Tarkington an excuse for running up the score. Had the whole 2nd, 3rd team been in like CS did, that's using as much class as a head coach can. Even so, I wish the Indians luck against WOS.
[/quote]

Well it is what it is, do you realize how many of the starting defence and offence are sophomores, 7 on D and 3 on O it's not like we have a ton of depth. I didn't like the score either, but I also didn't like Coldsprings beatings us down or Huffman, it's part of the game. I still believe IMO that the game was played with class, regardless of the score.
[/quote]
  Dont worry about classless posts.Cleveland needed to play their starters the whole game to prepare them for the playoffs,especially against a very good WOS team.Tarkington gave them an opportunity to have a good live practice and it had nothing to do with trying to be a class act but being a matter of looking ahead to the next game.Good luck to Cleveland.

[quote name="TexasMinuteman" post="1108789" timestamp="1320761571"]
[quote author=Indian Fan link=topic=91073.msg1108781#msg1108781 date=1320760693]
[quote author=belle-mere link=topic=91073.msg1108712#msg1108712 date=1320754615]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
  Dont worry about classless posts.Cleveland needed to play their starters the whole game to prepare them for the playoffs,especially against a very good WOS team.Tarkington gave them an opportunity to have a good live practice and it had nothing to do with trying to be a class act but being a matter of looking ahead to the next game.Good luck to Cleveland.
[/quote]

Agreed and Thanks, let's go Cleveland...

[quote name="Tigersvoice" post="1107245" timestamp="1320624501"]
[quote author=orangecoog link=topic=91073.msg1107202#msg1107202 date=1320620669]
The oppositon in the region seems to be very favorable for the Mustangs to make a pretty deep run. The Mustangs will put up a fight, that I will guarantee.
[/quote]

Now, that's news. ::)
[/quote]

IF WOS makes a deep run  It will be stoped in the Quaterfinals when they face Coldsprings, Then they will find out who is the toughest district out of 22-3a and 21-3a...JMO

[quote name="Gasilla" post="1108727" timestamp="1320756637"]
[quote author=chs11 link=topic=91073.msg1108488#msg1108488 date=1320719001]
WOS ain't even gettin love from an alumni, per a certain texas tech football player. They probably win this one, but ain't going much further than the first round, seems to be the start of a tradition for them, lmao  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
[/quote]

Funny... how many years did CS not even get past the first round or not even make the playoffs? 
[/quote]

All i know is in the past 2 years..WOS has started playing basketball a lot earlier than CS.. and i know WOS doesnt want to see CS again in that sport.. we know how that ends up for WOS.. 1 and done.. not the same CS anymore.. new coaches and a new tradition is born so hang on to the past all u want.. GO INDIANS

[quote name="setx22-3a" post="1109009" timestamp="1320775237"]
[quote author=Gasilla link=topic=91073.msg1108727#msg1108727 date=1320756637]
[quote author=chs11 link=topic=91073.msg1108488#msg1108488 date=1320719001]
WOS ain't even gettin love from an alumni, per a certain texas tech football player. They probably win this one, but ain't going much further than the first round, seems to be the start of a tradition for them, lmao  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
[/quote]

Funny... how many years did CS not even get past the first round or not even make the playoffs? 
[/quote]

[b]All i know is in the past 2 years[/b]..WOS has started playing basketball a lot earlier than CS.. and i know WOS doesnt want to see CS again in that sport.. we know how that ends up for WOS.. 1 and done.. not the same CS anymore.. new coaches and a new tradition is born so [b]hang on to the past all u want[/b].. GO INDIANS
[/quote]

arent you in fact hanging on to the past with your reply? you have to get your thoughts together before you type!!  ::)

[quote name="setx22-3a" post="1109020" timestamp="1320776134"]
hahahaha...good call but i really could care less.. i just wish CS was playin WOS round 1 so CS could give WOS that early exit.  I love that my post is gettin a professional analysis though... thanks bro
[/quote]

no problem "bro"-- i like to call bull$*it and hypocrisy out whenever i see it.

i agree though, it is too bad wos didnt draw coldspring first...but i have a funny feeling bridge city will do just fine in shutting your mouth.  ;)

[quote name="venom33" post="1109034" timestamp="1320776936"]
[quote author=setx22-3a link=topic=91073.msg1109020#msg1109020 date=1320776134]
hahahaha...good call but i really could care less.. i just wish CS was playin WOS round 1 so CS could give WOS that early exit.  I love that my post is gettin a professional analysis though... thanks bro
[/quote]

no problem "bro"-- i like to call bull$*it and hypocrisy out whenever i see it.

i agree though, it is too bad wos didnt draw coldspring first...but i have a funny feeling bridge city will do just fine in shutting your mouth.  ;)
[/quote]If doing fine is getting your boodies kicked then I wonder what not doing to well is going to be for BC. CS by 21 at the least.

[quote name="ABNINF" post="1109249" timestamp="1320785850"]
[quote author=MrUmp1 link=topic=91073.msg1109147#msg1109147 date=1320781950]
What I saw Cleveland has a pretty good kicker
[/quote]

Yes they do and so does Huffman.
[/quote]

From what I have seen, CLEVELAND has a pretty dang good kicker.

Whoa Nelly! Dirty ways? From a PNG fan? I remember when our school merged who got the West Orange uniforms? I think PNG. Don't be calling us dirty when you got no basis whatsoever to say that. When ya'll can beat Nederland come back and then ya'll can play us.

[quote name="purplepassion" post="1108512" timestamp="1320719627"]
Go Cleveland !!!!! I cant stand WOS and their dirty ways
[/quote]

What is with all of the Coldspring hype?  Their schedule is weaker than wet toilet paper.  Yes they are ranked #3 in the state and of course the voters are going off of the blowout wins.  For better and for worse WOS has shown many times that polls don't mean squat.  Maybe CS lives up to the hype but I just dont see how anyone can stamp them "unbeatable" with that schedule.  CS is like the Boise State of 3A

[quote name="#1stangfan" post="1110251" timestamp="1320883921"]
What is with all of the Coldspring hype?  Their schedule is weaker than wet toilet paper.  Yes they are ranked #3 in the state and of course the voters are going off of the blowout wins.  For better and for worse WOS has shown many times that polls don't mean squat.  Maybe CS lives up to the hype but I just dont see how anyone can stamp them "unbeatable" with that schedule.  CS is like the Boise State of 3A
[/quote]
And yet no one from your district will schedule a pre-district game with coldspring for the next 2 years.  I guess the hype is too scary!
Go Cleveland, Huffman, and Coldspring.  Make them wish they were back in 21-3A.

[quote name="TROJANSWIN" post="1111630" timestamp="1320977563"]
[quote author=#1stangfan link=topic=91073.msg1110251#msg1110251 date=1320883921]
[/quote]
[b]And yet no one from your district will schedule a pre-district game with coldspring for the next 2 years.  I guess the hype is too scary!
[/quote][/b]

Maybe there is truth to this but from what I understand and witnessed....WOS shys away from no one predistrict.  If there is an "excuse" I would imagine it is to avoid playing an obvious playoff opponent twice or maybe take the lead from CS and play some 2-8 and 3-7 teams to try and bolster their place in the polls..  I think you can look at the WOS predistrict history and find some pretty tough opponents. 

[quote name="#1stangfan" post="1111708" timestamp="1320978943"]
[quote author=TROJANSWIN link=topic=91073.msg1111630#msg1111630 date=1320977563]
[quote author=#1stangfan link=topic=91073.msg1110251#msg1110251 date=1320883921]
[/quote]
[b]And yet no one from your district will schedule a pre-district game with coldspring for the next 2 years.  I guess the hype is too scary!
[/quote][/b]

Maybe there is truth to this but from what I understand and witnessed....WOS shys away from no one predistrict.  If there is an "excuse" I would imagine it is to avoid playing an obvious playoff opponent twice or maybe take the lead from CS and play some 2-8 and 3-7 teams to try and bolster their place in the polls..  I think you can look at the WOS predistrict history and find some pretty tough opponents.
[/quote]
Kirbyville and crockett are hardly teams that people schedule because they are a push over.  Orangefield is already on the WOS schedule I think.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder