Should Nederland Rest Starters?

GoDogs27

In Coach Neuman's interview after the win Friday night, he was asked specifically if he would sit some starters for next week's game against LCM and his answer was an emphatic "NO".

I see him playing his first team guys the first half and no matter the score, possibly sit them the whole second half.

I was thinking about the same thing this weekend.  I agree that they need to play the first half or so in order to keep the rust off.  After that sit them, there's no reason to get someone hurt in a game with no impact on the season.

Guest Pirate_pride_07
[quote name="tvc184" post="1100404" timestamp="1320051271"]
I am wondering how many people are putting the horse before the cart and assuming that the game will be over by the half.
[/quote]
I was beginning to wonder the same thing myself tvc.  8)

I hope it is over after first quarter so some guys can heal up. I know Brock wants to play because he missed last week . I do think the team wants to be perfect in District and if they could go back and play BH with all the starters in the game they would in a heartbeat.
Great drive in this group of young men.

[quote name="Bulldog8" post="1099876" timestamp="1319996926"]
They all should play unless they have a nagging injury that could get better by resting. Also mix the starters with 2nd and 3rd teamers to keep some continuity
[/quote]This would be the logical think for Big Ned to do in this situation, IMO.

yeah rest starters  & mix 2nd,3rd teamers?hell why not put a few 9th graders in they are better than some of the 2nd & 3rd string. good thing u guys dont coach,dont change nothing play to win like all year.if a guy is hurt dont play.nederland is a tough,bring it hard every play,never rest in your face team,resting starters doesnt  fit nederlands mentality.

[quote name="diego cruz" post="1100466" timestamp="1320066420"]
yeah rest starters  & mix 2nd,3rd teamers?heck why not put a few 9th graders in they are better than some of the 2nd & 3rd string. good thing u guys dont coach,dont change nothing play to win like all year.if a guy is hurt dont play.nederland is a tough,bring it hard every play,never rest in your face team,resting starters doesnt  fit nederlands mentality.
[/quote]

I agree up to a point, I know the Coach and his players will want to win out in District, and IF they get a comfortable lead I don't think Neumann will risk losing a starter to injury this close to the  playoffs.  Especially given our injury history the last few years.

You continue to play to win...if the opportunity presents itself, you play more guys than you normally would, but only if you can...you do not want to go into the playoffs on a losing note and it would be that much sweeter to be UNDEFEATED district champs...it's OK and probably wise to limit players who may be dinged up a bit, but all healthy hands on deck and let's finish what we started...besides, these kids want to play, whether hurt or not, so I say let them play so long as it doesn't do anything to hurt you in the playoffs

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder