Beaumont Central vs. Lumberton Game Thread/Lumberton wins!!

WOSgrad

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Purple Runs Deep" post="1098358" timestamp="1319859085"]
Serious ownage...WOW :o ^
[/quote]

Raider44 speaks for himself...most of the community backs Credeur and the Raiders.  The kids here are great...but this year the depth of talent is lacking.  We are not trying to compete with 2a numbers...closer to 3a numbers.  That, my friends, is the Truth.  I am not a Lumberton transplant.  Went to school here, played ball here, raised kids here...

[quote name="SmashMouth" post="1098383" timestamp="1319859642"]
[quote author=Purple Runs Deep link=topic=90591.msg1098358#msg1098358 date=1319859085]
[/quote]

Raider44 speaks for himself...most of the community backs Credeur and the Raiders.  The kids here are great...but this year the depth of talent is lacking.  We are not trying to compete with 2a numbers...closer to 3a numbers.  That, my friends, is the Truth.  I am not a Lumberton transplant.  Went to school here, played ball here, raised kids here...
[/quote]
You must not have kids here anymore! You sound detached! You must be part of the old school losing tradition which is the problem! There are more of me than you!

[quote name="raider44" post="1098460" timestamp="1319861001"]
[quote author=SmashMouth link=topic=90591.msg1098383#msg1098383 date=1319859642]
[quote author=Purple Runs Deep link=topic=90591.msg1098358#msg1098358 date=1319859085]
[/quote]

[/quote]
You must not have kids here anymore! You sound detached! You must be part of the old school losing tradition which is the problem! There are more of me than you!
[/quote]
As opposed to what ? ....

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1098515" timestamp="1319862174"]
All All I have to say is this pretty much solidified that a COMPLETE housecleaning will be in order before next year.  When I seen us get Embarrassed against Vidor, I knew that it was a done deal, which is why I could no longer stomach another Central game this year.
[/quote]

Well Soulja I wasn't in attendance either.  I owe somebody a meal on a bet that I made a year ago.  Never would have thought that they would loose like this.  They have no pride.  If nothing else play to not be the team that gives the 0-8 team their only win of the season.  Props to Lumberton for not going 0-10 this year.  I was stating on a previous thread that I thought it was time for a new OC and DC change but after last nights loss, maybe a COMPLETE housecleaning is needed.  I like when they hire from outside of the Golden Triangle  cause those guys are successful but they use the job as a resume builder to move on somewhere else.  I bet they'll get another year though...

[quote name="ABSENT!" post="1097959" timestamp="1319853540"]
He was winning with kids Stowers coached... These are kids that learned only under him!
[/quote]

Good point, Also i dont know but i dont think stowers wanted to leave. I think he left becaues of some situations going on with the school administration..Now idk how true that is but its been going around central since he left, and I for one hated to see him go, we had some of our best teams under him, and his defensive schemes where pin point accurate evey game..

Washington was not a bad coach by the way even though that was stowers coached kids the 1st 2seasons he still won district and went 2+ rounds in the playoffs in his first 2yrs..so give him credit

[quote name="BH 89-2" post="1098709" timestamp="1319885864"]
Well, at least now they only have to worry about 3-pointers, 2-point field goals, and making free-throws.  ;D

Regards and Good Bye,
"The Ant Mound"
[/quote]One good thing about me missing the Central game is that I got the opportunity to see good football last night (Vidor/PN-G), and I'm telling you now. If you face PN-G, You'll lose by 2 scores.  Then the ant mound will disapear into the cold winter...

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1098772" timestamp="1319895796"]
[quote author=BH 89-2 link=topic=90591.msg1098709#msg date=1319885864]
Well, at least now they only have to worry about 3-pointers, 2-point field goals, and making free-throws.  ;D

Regards and Good Bye,
"The Ant Mound"
[/quote]One good thing about me missing the Central game is that I got the opportunity to see good football last night (Vidor/PN-G), and I'm telling you now. If you face PN-G, You'll lose by 2 scores.  Then the ant mound will disapear into the cold winter...
[/quote]

soulja i really respect you opinions on football...tell me what you thought about the PNG team last night and whats your thoughts on their playoff run this year?

[quote name="BH 89-2" post="1098709" timestamp="1319885864"]

Regards and Good Bye,
"The Ant Mound"
[/quote]

Different Barbers Hill team this year....same condescending, egotistical, pompous fans. For a team that hasn't managed to move past the first round of the playoffs in years, you sure talk a good game.

[quote name="raider44" post="1098460" timestamp="1319861001"]
[quote author=SmashMouth link=topic=90591.msg1098383#msg1098383 date=1319859642]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

I played in the 1st 4-A win LHS ever had.  We also beat Jasper for the 1st time ever.  We also had the first winning season Lumberton ever had.  Winning is an attitude, not a condition.  Believe me, there are more of me than you.  Still have kids here. Still planning on winning here.  Hope yours and all Lumberton teams do well today.

[quote name="indianforever" post="1098782" timestamp="1319896573"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=90591.msg1098772#msg date=1319895796]
[quote author=BH 89-2 link=topic=90591.msg1098709#msg date=1319885864]

Regards and Good Bye,
"The Ant Mound"
[/quote]

soulja i really respect you opinions on football...tell me what you thought about the PNG team last night and whats your thoughts on their playoff run this year?
[/quote]Thanks. Check the PN-G/Vidor thread.

[quote name="raider44" post="1098369" timestamp="1319859285"]
[/quote]
Yes, I speak the "TRUTH"!
[/quote]
The Truth is, since most of us didn't get a chance to see your inappropriate post, the "serious ownage" wasn't about me being the property.

[quote name="D3zii" post="1098689" timestamp="1319874879"]
[quote author=ABSENT! link=topic=90591.msg1097959#msg1097959 date=1319853540]
He was winning with kids Stowers coached... These are kids that learned only under him!
[/quote]

Good point, Also i dont know but i dont think stowers wanted to leave. I think he left becaues of some situations going on with the school administration..Now idk how true that is but its been going around central since he left, and I for one hated to see him go, we had some of our best teams under him, and his defensive schemes where pin point accurate evey game..

Washington was not a bad coach by the way even though that was stowers coached kids the 1st 2seasons he still won district and went 2+ rounds in the playoffs in his first 2yrs..so give him credit
[/quote]

Well I was good friends with one of Stowers former assistants who lived right next door to him.  What you stated was the truth.  Lambert was new to the school and had to be in total control of everything.  Stowers has a no back down and no kissing your a** attitude which was great for handling those boys who needed that kind of structure and guidance but she didn't like it.  There was a lot of friction so he used his playoff runs to get the Little Elm job which he has turned from a door mat to a playoff team.

Suggested and Stowers were 2 that I thought were good that got away.

Like I've been saying, my Jaguars don't need coaches that are buddy buddy with them and want to be cool.  The need military style,  hard nosed,  take no sh**, structured,  I'm the boss coaches.  Those kids shouldn't and wouldn't have just quite once they were eliminated from the playoffs.

[quote name="Big Ford" post="1099313" timestamp="1319927202"]
[quote author=D3zii link=topic=90591.msg1098689#msg1098689 date=1319874879]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Well I was good friends with one of Stowers former assistants who lived right next door to him.  What you stated was the truth.  Lambert was new to the school and had to be in total control of everything.  Stowers has a no back down and no kissing your a** attitude which was great for handling those boys who needed that kind of structure and guidance but she didn't like it.  There was a lot of friction so he used his playoff runs to get the Little Elm job which he has turned from a door mat to a playoff team.

Like I've been saying, my Jaguars don't need coaches that are buddy buddy with them and want to be cool.  The need military style,  hard nosed,  take no sh**, structured,  I'm the boss coaches.  Those kids shouldn't and wouldn't have just quite once they were eliminated from the playoffs.
[/quote][quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=90591.msg1098515#msg1098515 date=1319862174]
All All I have to say is this pretty much solidified that a COMPLETE housecleaning will be in order before next year.  When I seen us get Embarrassed against Vidor, I knew that it was a done deal, which is why I could no longer stomach another Central game this year.
[/quote]There will be some housecleaning after this season is over!

[quote name="mamajag" post="1099875" timestamp="1319996900"]
[quote author=Big Ford link=topic=90591.msg1099313#msg1099313 date=1319927202]
[quote author=D3zii link=topic=90591.msg1098689#msg1098689 date=1319874879]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote][quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=90591.msg1098515#msg1098515 date=1319862174]
[/quote]There will be some housecleaning after this season is over!
[/quote]I'm gonna go fill out an application!!! ;D

Not only a COMPLETE house cleaning, our skill position players (WR and QB's) need to be sent to a camp of somw sort.  It makes no sense that players can be great one year and a year older and a year more experience leads to more horrible results. 

IMO, we will need someone from here, so that when they win and do good, they won't use us for a springboard for another job.  The only negative of hiring someone local or in house, you probably are going to keep the ol' buddy buddy with the kids situation and that hardheaded ol' school mentality.  You know, if it don't work, we'll keep trying it until it works instead of trying something else.

You say keep the HC?  I say not.  He went on an interview last year after the Humble playoff loss and didn't blame his incompentent coaching for giving up 24 unanswered points after being up 14-0, but blamed the kids and said that 'we were "outmanned"'.  I remember the year before after the Friendswood loose after getting outcoached in every single way possible, he was in the newspaper smiling and grinning while there are kids collapsed in tears. 

All in all, as I've said before, I can understand competitive losses or a competitive losing season. But a lossing season with multiple shutouts and the look of give up on both the staff and our kids are unacceptable. Last time it happened was in 2004 .  The year after that, Stowers came in and won an outright district title.  I look for something along these lines to happen.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder