West Orange-Stark vs. Orangefield Game Thread/WO-S wins!

WOSgrad

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quick recap for those that weren't there.

OF: Levi Shores 16 interception return. Kick failed. 5:00 1st, 6-0 OF

WO-S: DeCarlos Renfro 80 interception return. Jerquis Beasley kick. 8:00 2nd, 7-6 WO-S

OF: Carl Wiley 1 run. Wesley Ackerman run. .09 2nd, 14-7 OF

WO-S: Britton Lindsey 30 run. Beasley kick. 8:48 3rd, 14-14

WO-S: Beasley 21 field goal. 4:37 3rd, 17-14 WO-S

WO-S        OF

First downs        11            12

Rushes-yards  25-126    55-211

Passing              85            0

Comp-Att-Int    8-16-1      0-5-1

Fumbles-Lost    2-2          2-1

Penalties-yards  5-40      3-20

OF had 2 other good chances to score, one after a 47 yard Ty Johnson run to the Mustang 25 but the drive stalled. The other came with around 5:00 left in the game when OF recovered a Mustang fumble at their own 25 yard line but ended up missing a field goal that would have tied it.

Question: How is it that WO-S has a NEW play-book/system etc. & yet the OC still insists on running the same 4-plays week in and week out? (working or not) Thank goodness for the defense/special-teams play. A play here & a play there & we might just be lookin' at 0-2 instead of 2-0 in district play. Thankful that the kids are 2-0 with a chance at a playoff spot. I've also noticed a select few of the WO-S coaches spending waaaayyyyy toooooo much time watching the ballgame. Not ALL of the coaches mind you...BUT a select few should reconsider spending a bit more time coachin' up the kids DURING the game and providing some much needed sideline motivation and leadership. I recall from back in the day how CT & other's would grab their group of players & make the necessary in-game adjustments. Not seeing' much of that these days. However, seein' LOTS of coaches with headsets on standin' and watchin'. Maybe I'm the only one seein' this? Here's to lookin' forward to a well played game next week!

[quote name="WO-S 89" post="1083623" timestamp="1318654760"]
In the last two games he has not stepped on the field.
[/quote]

That is what I was afraid of. Why bring a freshman up to varsity for him to just sit the bench, particularly at QB? Let him get all that playing time on JV. It would be better for him in the long run.

With all that has been said, I need to not forget about how Orangefield played. Wow, what an effort. Those boys were clearly out sized and so on but they barely lose to Silbee and barely lose to WOS. Talk about heart. Those kids have been playing above and beyond their expectations. Great job Orangefield. I've always said it, you are the one team i don't like to beat.

[quote name="mustang4ever" post="1083510" timestamp="1318651060"]
Sickening to see WOS in these kind of games this year.  Stangs will be one and done in the playoffs.  :(
[/quote]
For WOS to be one and done, they would have to lose to Liberty in the first round. I'm not sure you guys should count yourselves out of making it past the first round so soon, unless Liberty puts a beating on Cleveland like Silsbee did, and puts up a few scores on Coldspring. Unless you guys are saying WOS will get 2nd or 3rd in district and have to play Coldspring because if that is the case then yes, one and done.

[quote name="kicker" post="1083993" timestamp="1318698206"]
With all that has been said, I need to not forget about how Orangefield played. Wow, what an effort. Those boys were clearly out sized and so on but they barely lose to Silbee and barely lose to WOS. Talk about heart. Those kids have been playing above and beyond their expectations. Great job Orangefield. I've always said it, you are the one team i don't like to beat.
[/quote]

Class post "Kicker".

[quote name="OrangeFBfan" post="1083952" timestamp="1318696217"]
Question: How is it that WO-S has a NEW play-book/system etc. & yet the OC still insists on running the same 4-plays week in and week out? (working or not) Thank goodness for the defense/special-teams play. A play here & a play there & we might just be lookin' at 0-2 instead of 2-0 in district play. Thankful that the kids are 2-0 with a chance at a playoff spot.[b] I've also noticed a select few of the WO-S coaches spending waaaayyyyy toooooo much time watching the ballgame. Not ALL of the coaches mind you...BUT a select few should reconsider spending a bit more time coachin' up the kids DURING the game and providing some much needed sideline motivation and leadership. I recall from back in the day how CT & other's would grab their group of players & make the necessary in-game adjustments.[/b] Not seeing' much of that these days. However, seein' LOTS of coaches with headsets on standin' and watchin'. Maybe I'm the only one seein' this? Here's to lookin' forward to a well played game next week!
[/quote]

I agree.  I know Coach T has his hands full now but that is something that needs to be instilled in this group of coaches.  His in-game adjustments were 2nd to none.

[quote name="#1stangfan" post="1084014" timestamp="1318699503"]
[quote author=OrangeFBfan link=topic=89849.msg1083952#msg1083952 date=1318696217]
Question: How is it that WO-S has a NEW play-book/system etc. & yet the OC still insists on running the same 4-plays week in and week out? (working or not) Thank goodness for the defense/special-teams play. A play here & a play there & we might just be lookin' at 0-2 instead of 2-0 in district play. Thankful that the kids are 2-0 with a chance at a playoff spot.[b] I've also noticed a select few of the WO-S coaches spending waaaayyyyy toooooo much time watching the ballgame. Not ALL of the coaches mind you...BUT a select few should reconsider spending a bit more time coachin' up the kids DURING the game and providing some much needed sideline motivation and leadership. I recall from back in the day how CT & other's would grab their group of players & make the necessary in-game adjustments.[/b] Not seeing' much of that these days. However, seein' LOTS of coaches with headsets on standin' and watchin'. Maybe I'm the only one seein' this? Here's to lookin' forward to a well played game next week!
[/quote]

I agree.  I know Coach T has his hands full now but that is something that needs to be instilled in this group of coaches.  His in-game adjustments were 2nd to none.
[/quote]
I agree as well. You would think this would be an easy fix. Not so sure though...

[quote name="OrangeFBfan" post="1083952" timestamp="1318696217"]
Question: How is it that WO-S has a NEW play-book/system etc. & yet the OC still insists on running the same 4-plays week in and week out? (working or not) Thank goodness for the defense/special-teams play. A play here & a play there & we might just be lookin' at 0-2 instead of 2-0 in district play. Thankful that the kids are 2-0 with a chance at a playoff spot. I've also noticed a select few of the WO-S coaches spending waaaayyyyy toooooo much time watching the ballgame. Not ALL of the coaches mind you...BUT a select few should reconsider spending a bit more time coachin' up the kids DURING the game and providing some much needed sideline motivation and leadership. I recall from back in the day how CT & other's would grab their group of players & make the necessary in-game adjustments. Not seeing' much of that these days. However, seein' LOTS of coaches with headsets on standin' and watchin'. Maybe I'm the only one seein' this? Here's to lookin' forward to a well played game next week!
[/quote]

these are outsiders trying to leave their "mark" on a legendary program be it good or bad... the sad thing is true mustangs are letting it happen!!

[quote name="venom33" post="1084106" timestamp="1318704794"]
[quote author=OrangeFBfan link=topic=89849.msg1083952#msg1083952 date=1318696217]
[/quote]

these are outsiders trying to leave their "mark" on a legendary program be it good or bad... the sad thing is true mustangs are letting it happen!!
[/quote]
My point exactly. There are TRUE MUSTANGS still involved in the program that's gotta to step-up & take control.

Who are those "true mustangs"? There are only 3 original coaches left from last years crew and that includes CT.

[quote name="OrangeFBfan" post="1084125" timestamp="1318705481"]
[quote author=venom33 link=topic=89849.msg1084106#msg1084106 date=1318704794]
[/quote]

[/quote]
My point exactly. There are TRUE MUSTANGS still involved in the program that's gotta to step-up & take control.
[/quote]

[quote name="Gasilla" post="1084535" timestamp="1318726319"]
I thought OF's offense was better than Giddings.

If Coldspring is still 50 points better than OF, no one in this district wants an ounce of them...
[/quote]

Gasilla, I agree with you there man.  Coldspring must be pretty rough this year.

This is what I think.....we are playing to our opponents. We are playing THEIR game, not ours. How can we barely lose to a powerhouse Nederland team yet barely beat HF or Orangefield. We are letting our opponents dictate which Mustangs will show up. Why? I have NO idea. Watch and see, this Friday we have a great BC squad coming to town and we will beat them. But then we will struggle against Hardin Jefferson. I'm telling you, it seems like our mindset is to just do barely enough to win. Well, that doesn't work against Ned, or Giddings, or whoever. If we play OUR game then its a way different story. IMO.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    NEWton86
    Newest Member
    NEWton86