Central vs Nederland Predictions.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry invictus, did you say 34 points against this Nederland D? Don't kid yourselves. After Friday, the Jags learn the meaning of lights out defense and finally understand why everyone is buzzing about this defense. Keep hanging on to the past Jaguar fans, its all you're gonna have after Friday. Ill go unlock the door to the woodshed. Here kitty kitty...

NED - 31

Central - 7

Soulja,  if i recall that year (2006) Nederland was also supposed to have the better team.  It was also the Bulldogs homecoming that year as previously stated.  But i remember it being 28-0 at the end of the first quarter.  Nederland will be the Kings of 20-4A this year but won't win this one this Friday.

I don't predict scores but i do see Central winning this one.

Why are we talking about 2006 and 2007 ? WO-S and PN-G have great all time series records against Ned too, did not help them in 2011. Nederland has a good defense for the first time in a long time, what Central has done to us in the past will have no bearing on this game other than hopefully keeping our boys focused. I am sure Central played well last week, but LCM has not been as impressive in district as they were in pre district. Central lost to Livingston 35-0 who lost to Ned and lost to Ozen who lost to Vidor who lost to Ned. Not sure why you think you guys should be favored.. I expect another hard fought game, but the past won't impact this game and if you are expecting the Ned defense you have seen in the past then you are in for a surprise.

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1078122" timestamp="1318177471"]
That was the 2007 football season.  Central stunk up the place...  The score was like 38-3 @ halftime.  We held Ned to 3 points in the second half and we scored some points to keep it interesting.
[/quote]

Different offense this year, the spread was not very good for eating up clock.  This O can chew up a lot of time.

[quote name="lionbaseball" post="1078260" timestamp="1318191447"]
If Central wins this game there will be a state of chaos in district 20-4A!!
[/quote]

If Central wins this game I'll wear that silly ars gay indian headress at PNG and dance naked at a Vidor game with a picture of Soulja tatood above each nipple.  ;D

[quote name="bh89-2" post="1078293" timestamp="1318193334"]
[quote author=lionbaseball link=topic=89540.msg1078260#msg1078260 date=1318191447]
[/quote]

If Central wins this game I'll wear that silly ars gay indian headress at PNG and dance naked at a Vidor game with a picture of Soulja tatood above each nipple.  ;D
[/quote]PLEASSSSEEEEE CENTRAL WIN HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

[quote name="bh89-2" post="1078293" timestamp="1318193334"]
[quote author=lionbaseball link=topic=89540.msg1078260#msg1078260 date=1318191447]
[/quote]

[/quote] ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

[quote name="jake94" post="1078184" timestamp="1318182978"]
Why are we talking about 2006 and 2007 ? WO-S and PN-G have great all time series records against Ned too, did not help them in 2011. Nederland has a good defense for the first time in a long time, what Central has done to us in the past will have no bearing on this game other than hopefully keeping our boys focused. I am sure Central played well last week, but LCM has not been as impressive in district as they were in pre district. Central lost to Livingston 35-0 who lost to Ned and lost to Ozen who lost to Vidor who lost to Ned. Not sure why you think you guys should be favored.. I expect another hard fought game, but the past won't impact this game and if you are expecting the Ned defense you have seen in the past then you are in for a surprise.
[/quote]Here's the old 'you lost to them who we've beat' thing.  Our Young defense have been coming together as well, considering the beating we've taken at the hands of PA Memorial.  The Livingston game may have been a little exaggerated as our players were demoralized when they seen the Star QB injured and brought to the ambulance, and then saw him crying on the sidelines when the coaches told him that he may not play again this year.  Since then, we have regrouped (staff included).  We're running an offense to fit the personal and are back to playing Jag football on defense (not good for Nederland).  I don't think this will be easy.  This nederland front 4, I'm hearing, may be the best that we've faced.  We'll be ready for it, though.

[quote name="lionbaseball" post="1078316" timestamp="1318195111"]
[quote author=bh89-2 link=topic=89540.msg1078293#msg date=1318193334]
[quote author=lionbaseball link=topic=89540.msg1078260#msg date=1318191447]
[/quote]

[/quote]Ohh?  Is that funny?  This coming from someone who blamed a 2 score loss on the absence of ONE player?  Ok.  Laugh at that. 

BMTSoulja1,
I thought you were a football guy who could honestly call em like ya see em kind of guy..... you are letting your loyalty get in the way of making a legit call here.
Nederland 17
Central 13
I do believe we have the best defense in district and I really do believe we are back to our bread and butter offense. Always was partial to having a fullback blocking.....
Call me during the game, you got my number....meet up with ya after the game....

[quote name="James Mosley" post="1078399" timestamp="1318198865"]
BMTSoulja1,
I thought you were a football guy who could honestly call em like ya see em kind of guy..... you are letting your loyalty get in the way of making a legit call here.
Nederland 17
Central 13
I do believe we have the best defense in district and I really do believe we are back to our bread and butter offense. Always was partial to having a fullback blocking.....
Call me during the game, you got my number....meet up with ya after the game....
[/quote]Hey, I can all a game!  Lol

Ok. I'll probably give you al halftime call!

Central is the underdog in this one for good reason... Nederland is 5-1 and undefeated in district, while Central got their first win in 20-4A on Friday...

But I noticed a HUGE difference in the attitude of the team and more importantly the coaching staff... I hate to say this, but I didn't see much fire from the staff in the games I had seen before Friday... This week they came ready to play and did some very good things...

Offensively they lined up in the I and ran the football downhill... Offensive line played well and you can't ask for anymore out of Emanuel Carter...

Defensively that front three did their job again (As always!) and then everyone else joined in... A couple of picks with good returns helped the offense get into good field position...

Central has a chance to knock off Nederland, but it's an uphill battle!

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1078392" timestamp="1318198487"]
[quote author=lionbaseball link=topic=89540.msg1078316#msg date=1318195111]
[quote author=bh89-2 link=topic=89540.msg1078293#msg date=1318193334]
[quote author=lionbaseball link=topic=89540.msg1078260#msg date=1318191447]
[/quote]

[/quote]Ohh?  Is that funny?  This coming from someone who blamed a 2 score loss on the absence of ONE player?  Ok.  Laugh at that.
[/quote]who is that? I have never blamed the loss to ned on Mays not playing i was quick to say we lost the game because nederlands is a very good team!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder