Central vs Nederland Predictions.

[quote name="Nederland Dog 2006" post="1079217" timestamp="1318274261"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=89540.msg1079202#msg1079202 date=1318273891]
[quote author=Nederland Dog 2006 link=topic=89540.msg1079127#msg1079127 date=1318270985]
Just like I said for the Livingston game, Nederland has the best defensive line in the district. This one will be ugly. Troy Benjamin runs all over the place for 3-4 touchdowns. And #2, Shaw. Playmaker. Just outstanding. Central is going to have fun with this Nederland team. 42-10 DOGS!
[/quote]42 points?  Have nederland put up those kind of numbers this year?
[/quote]

Nope. We will this week.  ;)
[/quote]Yea, yea, yea...  ;D ;D 

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Big Ford" post="1079283" timestamp="1318276377"]
Soulja, let them make their predictions man.  Think back over the last several years as to pre-season picks on standings.  When has Central been picked to finish first, none that I can recall but we have on a couple of occasions and had some deep playoff runs too.  Central has been picked many times to loose over the years when ever they are playing a school that is supposed to have one of their better teams but we come through in the end. 

You remember Jordy Matherson?  He stepped in that year as a Sophomore after the starter went down with a broke leg in the first game and had a great year despite everyone picking against us. 

Not saying Central would have beat Livingston this year, I don't know.  But when Rob went down and his status came out, the kids gave up, the coaches didn't know what to do and the fans didn't believe.  Well all that has been corrected.  The kids are now in a situation where they have to play as a team and not rely on 1 or 2 people.  The coaches have finally got the right game plan.  And the Jaguar fans will be in affect in Nederland.

We (Central as a whole) are use to being the underdogs and dealing with adversity.  See all you Dog fans in Nederland and enjoy the band...
[/quote]I remember that year.  That was the 2002 football season, our first year of 4a.  I used to read the predictions in the Beaumont Enterprise and used to shake my head.  Those predictions were a knee slapper.  Matherson came in and took that team by the horns going into the playoffs. 

I watched neds defense last year and had an ideah that they would be tough this year. They are really big on the defensive line and linebackers played very well against the run. They are good, but that doesn't mean they can't be beat. I haven't seen the backup qb for central, but if they can run the ball and be effective they could have a shot. Anything can happen on Friday nights we all know this.  I honestly wasn't impressed with neds offense, but they do do enough to get them by. Should be an interesting game. Good luck to both teams and hopefully they will stay injury free.

Guest Pirate_pride_07
[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="1079152" timestamp="1318272042"]
[quote author=BHFAN link=topic=89540.msg1079117#msg1079117 date=1318270638]
Ned 21
Central 0

If Livingston can blank the Jags I don't know why Ned wouldn't be able too.
[/quote]Of course, an ant mound guy would think that.  We were shut out by Livingston because the heart and soul of the team went down on the first drive of the game and was told that his season was over.  This carried over to the team. No excuses, but that's what happened.
[/quote]
That sounds like an excuse to me. You could say the same thing about Vidor when they lost there leading rusher, Bolinger in the first offensive drive of the Nederland game. Before that happened we were dominating Nederland with 2 pics and 10 points but once they learned that david wasn't coming back they looked dazed as well, but Vidor came back. They made it a game and almost won it. Injuries are a part of the game. I think Central's offense isn't that great. Yes they are good but good enough to beat a very very good Nederland defense? No. Yes yall had a great game at LCM but to be honest LCM isn't known for the defense. Yall are gonna see a real defense this friday.

Dogs by 14+

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1079410" timestamp="1318283352"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=89540.msg1079152#msg1079152 date=1318272042]
[quote author=BHFAN link=topic=89540.msg1079117#msg1079117 date=1318270638]
Ned 21
Central 0

If Livingston can blank the Jags I don't know why Ned wouldn't be able too.
[/quote]Of course, an ant mound guy would think that.  We were shut out by Livingston because the heart and soul of the team went down on the first drive of the game and was told that his season was over.  This carried over to the team. No excuses, but that's what happened.
[/quote]
That sounds like an excuse to me. You could say the same thing about Vidor when they lost there leading rusher, Bolinger in the first offensive drive of the Nederland game. Before that happened we were dominating Nederland with 2 pics and 10 points but once they learned that david wasn't coming back they looked dazed as well, but Vidor came back. They made it a game and almost won it. Injuries are a part of the game. I think Central's offense isn't that great. Yes they are good but good enough to beat a very very good Nederland defense? No. Yes yall had a great game at LCM but to be honest LCM isn't known for the defense. Yall are gonna see a real defense this friday.

Dogs by 14+
[/quote]

Well said.

[quote name="Big Ford" post="1079283" timestamp="1318276377"]

Not saying Central would have beat Livingston this year, I don't know.  But when Rob went down and his status came out, the kids gave up, the coaches didn't know what to do and the fans didn't believe.  Well all that has been corrected.  The kids are now in a situation where they have to play as a team and not rely on 1 or 2 people.  The coaches have finally got the right game plan.  And the Jaguar fans will be in affect in Nederland.

We (Central as a whole) are use to being the underdogs and dealing with adversity.  See all you Dog fans in Nederland and enjoy the band...
[/quote]

That tells me that this Central team has no resolve, panics, and gives up easily . If thats the case then once Nederland punches them in the mouth a few times (figuratively speaking), they will lay down. You see that a lot when teams have no resolve. You have to be able to come together as a team when you are in battle and bad things happen. If you cant do that, then you will be easily beat. Based on you telling me that this team gives up easily, I may have to change my prediction.. Gonna be a long night for the Jags..

Nederland - 38
Central - 7

And p.s. could you leave the band in beaumont please? or give the bus driver bad directions?

[quote name="GoDogs27" post="1079438" timestamp="1318286637"]
[quote author=Big Ford link=topic=89540.msg1079283#msg1079283 date=1318276377]

[/quote]

That tells me that this Central team has no resolve, panics, and gives up easily . If thats the case then once Nederland punches them in the mouth a few times (figuratively speaking), they will lay down. You see that a lot when teams have no resolve. You have to be able to come together as a team when you are in battle and bad things happen. If you cant do that, then you will be easily beat. Based on you telling me that this team gives up easily, I may have to change my prediction.. Gonna be a long night for the Jags..

Nederland - 38
Central - 7

And p.s. could you leave the band in beaumont please? or give the bus driver bad directions?
[/quote]

amen on the band  ::)

soulja, I am just telling you, not the same type of Nederland team at all...gone is the spread, which while it had quick strike ability, also yielded alot of 3 and outs that put the defense on the field for long stretches...also this defense has not been guilty of giving up long, time consuming drives...I believe that teams who plan to make a living running right at Nederland are setting themselves up for failure...Central could prove me wrong, but no one has been successful running on Nederland all year...furthermore, this could be the first time all season that the defense will be at full strength...big game for both and I certainly won't underestimate Central's athletes because I am sure they are good, but I do think they will have to do something besides cram the ball down Big Ned's throat...the QB will have to make some plays on his own

Agreed Razor. Our spread offense didn't give us the ability to grind the clock and give our defense a rest. Our running game keeps improving and Raines is starting to gain some confidence in his throws. If Nederland scores more than 20 points against Central, they win in my opinion. But I do believe Nederland will score somewhere in the 30s against Central's defense.

I respect Nederland's run D since I know that they stopped WO-S and Livingston's running game and also held the Ant Mound's Offense in check for the most part.  But everyone knows that you attack a good run defense by running right at them, not east to west.  What better way to run right at them?  I hope the game is not decided in the new QB's hands.  for the most part, from what I've seen, he's made some pretty good decisions.  At the same time, Nederland will have to move the ball on offense as well.  I like the way our big three is playing up front and the way the safeties are doing better stepping up and stopping the medium passes while able to recover for the long ball. 

[quote name="GoDogs27" post="1079809" timestamp="1318345846"]
Agreed Razor. Our spread offense didn't give us the ability to grind the clock and give our defense a rest. Our running game keeps improving and Raines is starting to gain some confidence in his throws. If Nederland scores more than 20 points against Central, they win in my opinion. But I do believe Nederland will score somewhere in the 30s against Central's defense.
[/quote]Your 2008 spread offense couldn't grind out games?  I'm not buying that.  You had a playmaker at RB that was freakin 240 pounds comming right at you.  That guy was a load, and yall rode his back all year.  When I think of a big back, I think of Grind it Out.  This year, you don't have any backs like Grogan, but the offensive scheme was built for running the pill.  That much I agree. 

[quote name="GoDogs27" post="1079867" timestamp="1318352683"]
[quote author=Razor link=topic=89540.msg1079835#msg1079835 date=1318348775]
Running right at Nederland will not yield consistent results, but feel free to try
[/quote]
If anything that will play right into our hands. The best bet IS attacking the corner IMO.
[/quote]We have plays in the new scheme that attack the edges.  But good defenses do cover the edges well.  I expect Nederland, knowing that they are facing a speedy team, will  not allow any action to the outside. 

The dogs will cover the corners just fine, none of our opponents have had a lot of success attacking us there. If I were Cental I would'nd put a lot of stock in what their other teams have done to the dogs in the past..every pot has to sit on its on bottom. The dogs 31 Jags 14.

[quote name="Razor" post="1080093" timestamp="1318366654"]
Using the same logic, how do you figure Central will score 28 on Nederland when no one else has? my prediction sticks at 28-14, Nederland.
[/quote]Good point.  Maybe we need to lower the scores then, huh?  Can you say, defensive struggle?  8) 8)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder