PNG Fans Leaving Game Early?

Just wondering if someone from across the tracks could shed some light on what I saw last night. At least half of the stands emptied after PNG got stopped on 4th down. I have never seen PNG fans scurry out of a stadium like that. There were still about two minutes left and all I ever hear about is png pride and how they never leave a game early no matter what. Have fans been doing this all season?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest beechnut
[quote name="GoDogs27" post="1071235" timestamp="1317501616"]
Just wondering if someone from across the tracks could shed some light on what I saw last night. At least half of the stands emptied after PNG got stopped on 4th down. I have never seen PNG fans scurry out of a stadium like that. There were still about two minutes left and all I ever hear about is png pride and how they never leave a game early no matter what. Have fans been doing this all season?
[/quote]

You will be doing the same thing when Livingston puts a beating on your dawgs.

[quote name="GoDogs27" post="1071235" timestamp="1317501616"]
[/quote]

PNG are a very gracious host.  Invite us to come into their stadium, get a victory and all they asked was for us to turn off the lights when we left.  Great people over there!!!

Guest Pirate_pride_07
[quote name="GoBigBlue1997" post="1071245" timestamp="1317502378"]
[quote author=GoDogs27 link=topic=89160.msg1071235#msg1071235 date=1317501616]
[/quote]

PNG are a very gracious host.  Invite us to come into their stadium, get a victory and all they asked was for us to turn off the lights when we left.  Great people over there!!!
[/quote]
lol

Ill be the first to tell you that I'm real disappointed in Nederland fans. You can hear a pin drop in those stands most of the time. I can't hardly talk today because of how much I was yelling and trying to encourage our other 'fans' to get on their feet and make some noise. I was just curious because I've never seen anything like that from PNG fans. Its kind of offensive when I hear PNG fans talk all the time about how loyal and prideful they are and they stay until the end. PNG still had a chance to score. I look over at the stands and parking lot and I see purple scattering everywhere..

Guest Pirate_pride_07
[quote name="tvc184" post="1071297" timestamp="1317504474"]
They did the same thing as other teams (including Nederland) do.
[/quote]
Yet they always boast that they're the biggest and best fan base in the area and noone has a fan base like PNG and all this other stuff you always hear.

[quote name="baddog" post="1071314" timestamp="1317505496"]
I'm hoarse today. Had a headache last night from hollering. I get in trouble for hollering or standing up.
[/quote]

All I can say is if you don't want to hear noise at a football game, watch the replay in a funeral home, it should be real quite there.

[quote name="mytwocents" post="1071306" timestamp="1317504924"]
[quote author=tvc184 link=topic=89160.msg1071297#msg1071297 date=1317504474]
They did the same thing as other teams (including Nederland) do.
[/quote]
Yet they always boast that they're the biggest and best fan base in the area and noone has a fan base like PNG and all this other stuff you always hear.
[/quote]
Thank you mytwocents for being the only person that sees my point. Its not the act of leaving early that I'm criticizing. Its being fake by acting so loyal, faithful, and full of pride when in actuality its no different. All I wanted to know was that if this was a trend for png fans. Or maybe the loyalty only counts for games you win?

[quote name="dawgnut" post="1071371" timestamp="1317508263"]
Dog fans are no different, 2 min left in the game against Vidor and half the fans were in the aisle heading for the gate. I'm sure when they got home and found out the Dogs won they couldn't believe it!
[/quote]
READ PEOPLE.. READ..

I think we have some of the worst fans in all of high school football. Half of the stands are band parents who cheer more at halftime than the rest of the game. But my point is, we don't act or pretend like we have such a loyal fan base..

Guest KHS 89
Well..  I'm sure the great folks in Port Neches and Groves appreciate your concern.

Don't know why your focus or concern is on [b]our[/b] crowds comings and goings with that big win you got last night?????.....  but, I guess thats typical Nederland.  Always looking across the tracks at what PN-G is doing.

[quote name="pngfan1" post="1071402" timestamp="1317511273"]
Everybody has band parents , and shift workers that have to get up early on saturdays. I see some of the same folks leaving early week in and week out. No big deal.
[/quote]

Thank you. I work every Saturday. When someone pays for my ticket, then they can tell me when I can leave.

PNG is not the only fans who leave early. It happens at every game everywhere.

I had to be at work at 4:30 am. I was there until the end. I also had to be at work at 4:30 AM when we played GCM. I started this thread simply asking a question but it seems that nobody wants to answer. I dont particularly care when people leave games. Thats up to each individual. Yes I would love for everyone to stay until the end. But I am going to say it again so everyone that wants to make excuses can get it in their heads. This isnt meant to attack people who leave games early. This is because everytime I hear about PNG, all i hear about is how great their fans are and the loyalty they have. I have heard from many PNG fans who have always told me that PNG fans never leave games early. I guess thats not really the case then right? If so, no big deal, I was just wondering if this was typical or not. I, along with everyone in my section, was shocked when over half of the stands emptied early. So dont get your underpants twisted, I was just curious if this has been going on for a while...

Cliffs Notes: Dont care when an individual leaves games. I was simply inquiring if what I have heard all these years was really true about PNG fans staying until the end. No need for people to get offensive. And to whoever said to move on to our next opponent. I will leave that to the coaches and players but I still have 364 more days to enjoy this one  8)

[quote name="GoDogs27" post="1071504" timestamp="1317515723"]
I had to be at work at 4:30 am. I was there until the end. I also had to be at work at 4:30 AM when we played GCM. I started this thread simply asking a question but it seems that nobody wants to answer. I dont particularly care when people leave games. Thats up to each individual. Yes I would love for everyone to stay until the end. But I am going to say it again so everyone that wants to make excuses can get it in their heads. This isnt meant to attack people who leave games early. This is because everytime I hear about PNG, all i hear about is how great their fans are and the loyalty they have. I have heard from many PNG fans who have always told me that PNG fans never leave games early. I guess thats not really the case then right? If so, no big deal, I was just wondering if this was typical or not. I, along with everyone in my section, was shocked when over half of the stands emptied early. So dont get your underpants twisted, I was just curious if this has been going on for a while...

Cliffs Notes: Dont care when an individual leaves games. I was simply inquiring if what I have heard all these years was really true about PNG fans staying until the end. No need for people to get offensive. And to whoever said to move on to our next opponent. I will leave that to the coaches and players but I still have 364 more days to enjoy this one  8)
[/quote]

Dude , you post more on PNG threads than any of the PNG fans. You are obsessed, but whatever gets you off. I will answer your question with my opinion . I won't say we have the "BEST FANS". I will though say we have a very good following , not comparing to anyone elses. Just stating we bring a good crowd . As far staying til the end, I see weekly and always have seen plenty leave as early as right after halftime. There was a time when I left right after halftime  ,when I had small children. I don't think this makes them a less "loyal" fan as you referred. They were at least there for most and left for whatever their personal reason was. Most of the time has nothing to do with who they are playing or what the score is. Hopefully this helps and you will be able to sleep tonight. And also I would like to thank Nederland for a great football game. Even despite losing I will still have to say it was one of the more enjoyable evenly matched and entertaining games in a while. Congrats, you have bragging rights for a year.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    NEWton86
    Newest Member
    NEWton86