PNG Fans Leaving Game Early?

[quote name="dawgnut" post="1072685" timestamp="1317662228"]
I was setting on the 50, 11 rows up and I didn't hear any booing of your song or anything of that sort but it doesn't matter you will think what you want. Booing if it did happen never really hurt anyone, but kicking a player I was the head when he is on the ground well that's another story you guys probably don't want to talk about.
[/quote]

I was on the 45, 16 rows up and heard no boos of their song. The kick in the head, I haven't mentioned, but I saw it with no call.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think there were probably more PN-G fans in the stands at the end of the game than there were Bulldog fans in the homestands of the 2007 Dayton game in the beginning of the 4th quarter.  Might want to take a picture of the Bulldog home section this Friday at the end of the game.  Come to think of it, many Bulldog fans were predicting Nederland would beat Dayton, they erred by 63 points.  Livingston is on a different planet speed wise.  If the Bulldogs can't contain all those speedsters, this game could get ugly (just ask Central).

[quote name="pngfan97" post="1072578" timestamp="1317654864"]
[quote author=baddog link=topic=89160.msg1072498#msg1072498 date=1317645975]
Funny how the team that wins is suddenly classless. I was in the stands and heard no boos except for the holding call that cost us a TD.

PNG fans are no different than anyone else's. If it appears that the game is over, they will leave. So do all other team's fans. Big deal.
[/quote]

No, it's not funny.  And had we won, I still would say that the Nederland fans acted classless.  And get it straight, I said the FANS, not the team.
[/quote]

I was sitting next to the student section, and no Boos came from them.

[quote name="pngfan97" post="1072469" timestamp="1317641969"]
Just wanted to throw my two cents in.....At MCM I think alot of the fans that left early (at least all the ones sitting around me) were upset at the call on 4th down, and when we didn't make it, they heard the fat lady singing.  Another thing is with a fan base our size, we have alot of senior citizens that leave early every week, win or lose. And some of those fans are at the stadium whether its home or away at 5:00 pm.(or earlier)  Congrats to the bulldogs for their win friday night.  Neuman outcoached Faircloth for the second straight year.  Your boys were much better prepared than ours.  One thing I will say, I was really disappointed in the Nederland fans this year.  I can't remember the last high school game I went to where I could hear boos during our school song and very loud boos while our band was getting ready to take the field at halftime.  That's pretty classless.  You guys don't have to like us, [b]but this game is ultimately about the kids.  Shame![/b]
[/quote]

High School Football Definition ::: A game played by kid's that has several side effects on adults including : Turning a usual quite parent or fan into a raving maniac : Causes some to gain unbelievable knowledge of the game,And makes Coaches out of us all..And in extreme cases has caused mental breakdowns..Should not exceed recommended dosage..... ;D ;D

While everyone is an expert at two things. Boiling water and coaching! I agree with the 4th down going for it just a different play selection. As I'm a Bulldog fan I want PNG to make the playoffs. I want to see those double headers again. I like going into a stadium and seeing our fans there 2 hours before the other side shows up. I like the faces of the concession workers not expecting that many people.

First of all be educated and learn how to read before you post purple4ever. I already had my question answered. I wasn't looking for anything specific. The response I got was overwhelming in that some fans just leave games early for whatever reason, including png fans. No harm no foul against those who choose to leave early. Now Ill have a rebuttal next time I hear png fans don't leave games early. This is not a trashing of png thread. Just trying to get clarity because I've heard for years that png fans didn't leave the game early. And yeah dayton beat us 63-0 when our defense was dead last in district. I hope Livingston and Dayton thinks that Liv will beat us by 63 points. Back on topic:
I never once heard boos during PNGs school song. I, as much I don't like png, stood up as a show of respect and didn't utter a word. I was on the scoreboard side on about the 20 and I didn't hear any disrespect. Believe what you want. But I can actually show you on video where the png linebacker kicked our player in the head while he was down.. Now that? That's REAL CLASSY and RESPECTFUL...

My family has been going to games for years.  Even we are kids were little we left early a handful of times because we had three small children who feel asleep and we had to carry them out of the stadium.  It didn't happen often but it did.  Now we stay until Cherokee stops being played and probably longer.  Not sure what  PNG Fans you are talking to but there have ALWAYS been fans leaving early and there always will be.  Do we show up for games early you bet ya.  I take the day off work when we play in small stadiums and we get there super early to wait in line.  Does that make me a better than?  Nope, I just love my INDIANS weather they win or lose it doesn't matter to me.

Also there were boo's coming from the student section closest to the field house when our school song started.  Does it matter? No, it wasn't any worse than what I heard coming from our student section during the beginning of the forth quarter.  When I was going to get my daughter from off the track doing her cheer clinic.  I was embarrassed and glad my older kids were not in that section.  Stuff happens at both schools.

[quote name="Cheermom4" post="1072782" timestamp="1317671813"]
My family has been going to games for years.  Even we are kids were little we left early a handful of times because we had three small children who feel asleep and we had to carry them out of the stadium.  It didn't happen often but it did.  Now we stay until Cherokee stops being played and probably longer.  Not sure what  PNG Fans you are talking to but there have ALWAYS been fans leaving early and there always will be.  Do we show up for games early you bet ya.  I take the day off work when we play in small stadiums and we get there super early to wait in line.  Does that make me a better than?  Nope, I just love my INDIANS weather they win or lose it doesn't matter to me.

Also there were boo's coming from the student section closest to the field house when our school song started.  Does it matter? No, it wasn't any worse than what I heard coming from our student section during the beginning of the forth quarter.  When I was going to get my daughter from off the track doing her cheer clinic.  I was embarrassed and glad my older kids were not in that section.  Stuff happens at both schools.
[/quote]
Very good post. Logical post with clarity. I am glad someone realizes that its not a competition. We are all passionate about the schools we support. We are all just on varying levels.. Great post cheermom..

[quote name="GoDogs27" post="1072771" timestamp="1317670894"]
First of all be educated and learn how to read before you post purple4ever. I already had my question answered. I wasn't looking for anything specific. The response I got was overwhelming in that some fans just leave games early for whatever reason, including png fans. No harm no foul against those who choose to leave early. Now Ill have a rebuttal next time I hear png fans don't leave games early. This is not a trashing of png thread. Just trying to get clarity because I've heard for years that png fans didn't leave the game early. And yeah dayton beat us 63-0 when our defense was dead last in district. I hope Livingston and Dayton thinks that Liv will beat us by 63 points. Back on topic:
I never once heard boos during PNGs school song. I, as much I don't like png, stood up as a show of respect and didn't utter a word. I was on the scoreboard side on about the 20 and I didn't hear any disrespect. Believe what you want. But I can actually show you on video where the png linebacker kicked our player in the head while he was down.. Now that? That's REAL CLASSY and RESPECTFUL...
[/quote]

Yea purple4ever, be educated like godogs27. He had to start this thread because he couldnt figure out why in the world PNG fans are leaving early. Shocker of the year man. Heres one for you godog. Sometimes I leave early. Sometimes I dont. Sometimes I dont even show up. I do what I want, as with everybody else. Who gives a crap! Just another excuse for you to bash the 48-33 PNG Indians.

[quote name="plaball89" post="1072993" timestamp="1317691267"]
[quote author=GoDogs27 link=topic=89160.msg1072771#msg1072771 date=1317670894]
[/quote]

Yea purple4ever, be educated like godogs27. He had to start this thread because he couldnt figure out why in the world PNG fans are leaving early. Shocker of the year man. Heres one for you godog. Sometimes I leave early. Sometimes I dont. Sometimes I dont even show up. I do what I want, as with everybody else. Who gives a crap! Just another excuse for you to bash the 48-33 PNG Indians.
[/quote]

Haha! Thanks for clarifying! And cling to whatever makes you feel better. Hold on to that all time record and we will keep closing the gap!

[quote name="baddog" post="1072498" timestamp="1317645975"]
Funny how the team that wins is suddenly classless. I was in the stands and heard no boos except for the holding call that cost us a TD.

PNG fans are no different than anyone else's. If it appears that the game is over, they will leave. So do all other team's fans. Big deal.
[/quote]

all the "boos" and crap was from the student section and that happens everytime we play them here or there.Im sure our student section does it too, what i did not care for was some of the kids in the white face paint in the endzone laughing and pointing at our players when they were leaving the field. Never have left a game early and never will.

[quote name="Dogfan311" post="1072866" timestamp="1317678943"]
LOOKED up at the scoreboard about 2 minutes after the game and the score was turned off, whats up with that, bad sportsmanship I guess
[/quote]

I took a picture of the scoreboard at the 3 second mark. I know the deal about turning off the lights early. The guy I was with said that if we wanted a pic of the final score, we had better get it before the kickoff as it wouldn't be up there but a few seconds.

8)

[quote name="baddog" post="1072498" timestamp="1317645975"]

[/quote]

baddog, I'm not saying all of Nederland is classless because I don't believe that, but the Ned student section did boo our school song. They do it every time Ned plays at PN-G (although never when we play in Nederland). It's something we've had to tell underclassmen to ignore in band.

Booing happens on both sides. Its to be expected in a rivalry this intense. Just kids being kids who haven't learned how to be respectful yet. I hate everything PN-G with a "purple passion" but its very disrespectful to boo during a school song. I don't mind them booing when the team comes out or something like that though but not during a school song.

Just because you wear purple and fill up the bleachers does not make you great fans. The coaches teach the kids to play hard and not give up. What kind of lesson does the mass exodus in the 4th qtr. teach.What makes it even worse is that the fans that do stay and [u]support[/u] their team to the end, can't see the game because the fair weather fans are blocking their view.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    NEWton86
    Newest Member
    NEWton86