ATTENDANCE

cardinal

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Texantagonise" post="1062502" timestamp="1316700610"]
The official attendance was [b]15,367[/b].  I would rather the game be sold out but that is not a bad number.
[/quote]

Actually, that was how many tickets were sold (which is the only way to count). I went to the game, and 15,000 did not attend. I say it was in the 13,000's.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1062526" timestamp="1316702410"]
[quote author=Texantagonise link=topic=88627.msg1062502#msg1062502 date=1316700610]
The official attendance was [b]15,367[/b].  I would rather the game be sold out but that is not a bad number.
[/quote]

Actually, that was how many tickets were sold (which is the only way to count). I went to the game, and 15,000 did not attend. I say it was in the 13,000's.
[/quote]
In my best Joker voice:
"And HERE            WE          GO!"
Back to reality. LU will never draw 20K average playing UIW and the likes or the majority of the SLC schools for that matter.

For us out-of-towners it was nice that ESPN3 picked it up so I watched it online.  Of course I could have watched it online straight from the Lamar website too.  Watching it online the stadium looked almost full in the first half.  Besides McNeese, the other SLC schools are lucky to break 10K for a home game except for maybe a rivalry game.

[quote name="ShlyKBMT" post="1062817" timestamp="1316732155"]
Makes ZERO sense for a school Lamar's size to televise a home game. Make going to the game the ONLY option to watch the game. I understand out of towners liked it but economically it makes no sense.
[/quote]

I agree. Never should TV a home game.

i think actual attendance is down due to:
-schedule to date  (I have no problem with it, I want LU football)
-woodards handling of the qb situation
-some folks dont like transfers with "history"
-not much support from the black community...which will probably be deleted..but it's a fact

People are missing out on a good time...
GO BIG RED!

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1062837" timestamp="1316735104"]
[quote author=ShlyKBMT link=topic=88627.msg1062817#msg1062817 date=1316732155]
Makes ZERO sense for a school Lamar's size to televise a home game. Make going to the game the ONLY option to watch the game. I understand out of towners liked it but economically it makes no sense.
[/quote]
Hey something we agree on!
I agree. Never should TV a home game.
[/quote]

[quote name="coachacola" post="1062724" timestamp="1316722709"]
For us out-of-towners it was nice that ESPN3 picked it up so I watched it online.  Of course I could have watched it online straight from the Lamar website too.  Watching it online the stadium looked almost full in the first half.  Besides McNeese, the other SLC schools are lucky to break 10K for a home game except for maybe a rivalry game.
[/quote]

Wasn't close to full.  I was there and there may have been 13,000...seemed closer to 11,000.  Also, if you buy a dang ticket why not go to the game?!  And, puddin is right, people that don't go are missing out on a great time.  Even if they are playing Incarnate Word.  Which, I could care less who we play.  Incarnate Word had a pretty good team.  They were well coached and had some decent skill position players and good size on their O-line.  And, they brought a nice, rowdy group of fans.  Which just have too many wannabe's.

Oh, and I absolutely agree with one other thing.  The choice of quarterbacks and the transfers with 'questionable' backgrounds are certainly not doing anything to help attendance.

Can't say I had a great time because of how poorly we played. Sorry, if you don't think I'm given any credit to IWU but they are DII with much fewer scholarship players. Plus, this was a home game.

Lamar should have won by at least 21.

I agree with some of the reasons there wasn't a sellout but not all.

Finally, I was at the game with my beautiful niece who is a senior at Lamar majoring in pre-law (her friends have seats in the gold section and I was given a seat.  My tickets are in the red section) after working a 12 hrs shift and having to work the next morning. 

Full of Cardinal Pride. Go Cards!

[i]Can't say I had a great time because of how poorly we played. Sorry, if you don't think I'm given any credit to IWU but they are DII with much fewer scholarship players. Plus, this was a home game. [/i]

beats wishing we had a team or staying home watching the aggies

good food, cold drinks, live music, beautiful day, football and fireworks........

my only complaint, (besides our defense)---my 5 dollar program wasnt up to date

[quote name="1KatKiller" post="1066075" timestamp="1316985063"]
Both McNeese's home games have been well over 10K. 14,400 & 12,400 so far and I'd hardly call sioux falls & southeastern rivalry games. Why would you talk that way about what has arguably been the best program in the SLC in the last 15 years?
[/quote]

what are you jabberring about, kat?  i think its pretty much a no brainer that mcsleeze has the best crowds in the southland

[quote name="1KatKiller" post="1066460" timestamp="1317039237"]
I was replying to coachacola who was implying that McNeese couldn't crack 10k at a home game unless it was a rivalry game.
[/quote]

Quote from Coachacola, " Besides McNeese, the other SLC schools are lucky to break 10K for a home game except for maybe a rivalry game."

I think you misread coachacola comments.

If the ICW game crowd of last Saturday had showed up at the last home game of 1989 against rival McNeese St, the "then" administration would have been shamed into letting Ray Alborn and 22 returning lettermen from a .500 team have at least another year to prove they could win in the SLC. As I recall, that last game crowd amid rumors that the program was in jeopardy was under 5000.

[quote name="LamarTech" post="1066994" timestamp="1317079383"]
If the ICW game crowd of last Saturday had showed up at the last home game of 1989 against rival McNeese St, the "then" administration would have been shamed into letting Ray Alborn and 22 returning lettermen from a .500 team have at least another year to prove they could win in the SLC. As I recall, that last game crowd amid rumors that the program was in jeopardy was under 5000.
[/quote]
Two things to remember about that game is the weather was terrible and McNeese didn't bring a lot of fan's r/t them having a poor season which lead to the head coach for the Cowboys getting fired after the season.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder