middle school football?

asary

I am not too familiar with the 8th grade teams in the area, but I would suspect CO Wilson in Nederland would be near the top. Not positive but I think their only loss was to Lumberton last year. So maybe Lumberton went undefeated?

As far as 7th grade this year, based on STJFL, PN-G and Bridge City(Super Bowl) should be good and Nederland, Lumberton should field some good teams as well. Nederland has 2 middle schools and PN & Groves splits also so not sure what that will do to the talent level.

WO-S has a great 7th grade team that didn't play in STJFL last year but real far in whichever league they were in. So they will be pretty stout.

Looking forward to it! Good Luck.

[quote name="Bulldog8" post="1043643" timestamp="1314584139"]
iH-F, CO Wilson is looking for a a game Sept 13th since WOS back out of the game for some reason. If H-F as good as I hear, we need a challenge. Call or middle school coaches
[/quote]

Do your homework before just running your mouth.

[quote name="td" post="1043675" timestamp="1314586898"]
[quote author=Bulldog8 link=topic=86957.msg1043643#msg1043643 date=1314584139]
iH-F, CO Wilson is looking for a a game Sept 13th since WOS back out of the game for some reason. If H-F as good as I hear, we need a challenge. Call or middle school coaches
[/quote]

Do your homework before just running your mouth.
[/quote]

I am not running my mouth at all. CO coaches said WOS had to back for some reason also the same story came from some one from WOS. He was not sure why either. We were scheduled to play WOS in WOS . So whats the story? Instead of taking offense, why dont you just say why. By the way the comment about needing a challenge was not meant towards WOS. WOS is always a challenge and love to play yall. Rather play a competitive game instead a scrimmage... but a scrimmage is better than nothing at all.

[quote name="BORAM" post="1046229" timestamp="1314909480"]
Sept 20th....Raiders vs PNG @ Lumberton. This will be a great preview of things to come!
[/quote]
Which team Pn or Groves?
If I remeber correctly the only loss CO had last year was against Lumberton and we had a chance to win with 50 seconds left inside the 5 yd line. Yes, we choked... but  I dont think that will happen this year

[quote name="BORAM" post="1046229" timestamp="1314909480"]
Sept 20th....Raiders vs PNG @ Lumberton. This will be a great preview of things to come!
[/quote]
Same old same old. Lumberton beats thier chest in youth and middle school football. Come Varsity time, the NDNS puts it on the Raiders. Enjoy your district championship at the middle school level. ::)

[quote name="Scalp'em" post="1046657" timestamp="1314972933"]
[quote author=BORAM link=topic=86957.msg1046229#msg1046229 date=1314909480]
[/quote]
Same old same old. Lumberton beats thier chest in youth and middle school football. Come Varsity time, the NDNS puts it on the Raiders. Enjoy your district championship at the middle school level. ::)
[/quote]

What people in Lumberton need to remember is that they are playing with all of their kids in middle school where in Nederland and PN-G, the groups are split.  Lumberton should be winning at the middle school level because they have their entire talent pool to draw from. 

But, what you play with in 7th and 8th grade is what you are stuck with when they get in high school.  In Nederland and PN-G, you have two feeder schools that are developing kids.  The high school coaches have a much deeper pool of players to choose from when they come out of 8th grade.  C.O. is definitely the better group in Nederland, but when they get to high school if you augment that group with even three or four players from Central that may be able to help, I definitely like their odds against Lumberton the next four years.  Same goes for Port Neches and Groves.  The whole will definitely be better than its component parts. 

Enjoy the victories in middle school, because it doesn't necessarily mean that it will carry over to high school.  Ask Vidor from a few years ago when they were dominating the middle school league and had no playoff wins (or even appearances I think for that matter) to show for it when those groups were in high school. 

[quote name="Kelly Basketball" post="1039220" timestamp="1313986865"]
H-F has the best 8th grade team that I've seen
[/quote]

Thank you for the props. 

As a parent, it is always nice to get affirmation of your child’s abilities and accomplishments.  My son is on the line and while typically not a glamourous position, he truely enjoys blocking for our backfield.  I’ve coached and watched this group since they were 5 years old and they are really fun to watch.  They play as a team and have size, speed, and depth.  Thank you again for your comments.

[quote name="5 on 5" post="1047828" timestamp="1315016551"]
[quote author=Kelly Basketball link=topic=86957.msg1039220#msg1039220 date=1313986865]
H-F has the best 8th grade team that I've seen
[/quote]

Just curious, what 8th grade teams have you seen?.....who are you comparing HF to?
[/quote]

I have seen all of the 3A MS teams in this area as well as Jasper and Kville, my opinion is that HF would beat all of them.

Bulldog... What I've been told is that WOS was set to play CO on 9/20, which is the same week we were scheduled to play them last year when Reggie passed away. It was the CO coaches that got the week wrong and had us down for the 13th and should have been the 20th. We were already scheduled to play Jasper on the 13th so, no we didn't "back out", CO screwed up the date. They offered to play on 9/6 instead, but we would just be beginning practices in pads and it was not possible to go that soon.

[quote name="ispeakjive" post="1046713" timestamp="1314976587"]
[quote author=Scalp'em link=topic=86957.msg1046657#msg1046657 date=1314972933]
[quote author=BORAM link=topic=86957.msg1046229#msg1046229 date=1314909480]
[/quote]
[/quote]

What people in Lumberton need to remember is that they are playing with all of their kids in middle school where in Nederland and PN-G, the groups are split.  Lumberton should be winning at the middle school level because they have their entire talent pool to draw from. 

But, what you play with in 7th and 8th grade is what you are stuck with when they get in high school.  In Nederland and PN-G, you have two feeder schools that are developing kids.  The high school coaches have a much deeper pool of players to choose from when they come out of 8th grade.  C.O. is definitely the better group in Nederland, but when they get to high school if you augment that group with even three or four players from Central that may be able to help, I definitely like their odds against Lumberton the next four years.  Same goes for Port Neches and Groves.  The whole will definitely be better than its component parts. 

Enjoy the victories in middle school, because it doesn't necessarily mean that it will carry over to high school.  Ask Vidor from a few years ago when they were dominating the middle school league and had no playoff wins (or even appearances I think for that matter) to show for it when those groups were in high school.
[/quote]
I agree!! I've been saying that for years. Lumberton has one middle school and that hinders us from developing kids for highschool. Especially when your numbers are high and good athletic kids end up quiting because of lack of playing time are feeling that they are not involved and end up steering away from Football to specialize in other sports (baseball etc).

I was playing around Lumberton about youth and middle school. Both Groves and Port Neches middle schools have alot of kids in football each year. My son was on 7th grade team last year and they had 81 kids just at Port Neches on 7th grade team. The numbers have went down this year in 8th with about 50 something, but thats at only one middle school. PNG has kids at two different schools in 8th with an A and B team. That means around 100 kids getting alot of playing time compared to alot less at Lumberton with only one middle school. It's just a thought because in middle school and youth Lumberton turns out some very tough teams.

[quote name="Scalp'em" post="1050275" timestamp="1315275904"]
I was playing around Lumberton about youth and middle school. Both Groves and Port Neches middle schools have alot of kids in football each year. My son was on 7th grade team last year and they had 81 kids just at Port Neches on 7th grade team. The numbers have went down this year in 8th with about 50 something, but thats at only one middle school. PNG has kids at two different schools in 8th with an A and B team. That means around 100 kids getting alot of playing time compared to alot less at Lumberton with only one middle school. It's just a thought because in middle school and youth Lumberton turns out some very tough teams.
[/quote]
Numbers are down in Lumberton 7th by almost 40% to like 58 kids. Doesn't bode well for the future when your lucky if 20-30% of these kids are even playing by the time their Seniors.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    monebi
    Newest Member
    monebi