Joe Sigler named as next Silsbee Head Basketball Coach

Tonight, the SISD school board will be meeting and they are expected to name the new head basketball coach. This was suppose to have happened last Tuesday night with the naming of Kyle Mackey as interim head coach. I am still expecting the same result, but who knows.

I will be there tonight and will post the announcement.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1032869" timestamp="1312902464"]
Tonight, the SISD school board will be meeting and they are expected to name the new head basketball coach. This was suppose to have happened last Tuesday night with the naming of Kyle Mackey as interim head coach. I am still expecting the same result, but who knows.

[/quote]AAW, what do you think all the drama over this is about?

[quote name="Lt. Dangle" post="1032886" timestamp="1312904200"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=86439.msg1032869#msg1032869 date=1312902464]

[/quote]

I honestly feel that the board wants to name a head coach and not an interim. There is a coach or two that are still in the running. It was just so late in the year, plus two of the potential head guys decided to stay where they are at, which pushed the decision back some. Had Coach Brooks been certified, this would all be mute. It is just bad timing for them to emergency certify after just laying off probationary coaches.

They will have to make the decision tonight.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1032896" timestamp="1312904779"]
[quote author=Lt. Dangle link=topic=86439.msg1032886#msg1032886 date=1312904200]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=86439.msg1032869#msg1032869 date=1312902464]

[/quote]

I honestly feel that the board wants to name a head coach and not an interim. There is a coach or two that are still in the running. It was just so late in the year, plus two of the potential head guys decided to stay where they are at, which pushed the decision back some. Had Coach Brooks been certified, this would all be mute. It is just bad timing for them to emergency certify after just laying off probationary coaches.

They will have to make the decision tonight.
[/quote]
I think you are spot on AAW!

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="tamulonghorn" post="1032945" timestamp="1312911336"]
Sigler
[/quote]

C'mon, thingamajig or whatever, do you know something?  Out with it if you do. ???

[quote name="tigersvoice" post="1033012" timestamp="1312918030"]
[quote author=tamulonghorn link=topic=86439.msg1032945#msg1032945 date=1312911336]
Sigler
[/quote]

C'mon, thingamajig or whatever, do you know something?  Out with it if you do. ???
[/quote]

I'll bet he has personal connections with the announcer at Silsbee home games.

This is a bit of a surprise for me.  Sigler left a very loaded Clarksville team.  Clarksville will be preseason top 2 or 3 in TABC and the odds on favorite to go to Austin.  They shouldve been in Austin this past year, had it not been for the huge shocker Tenaha pulled off in the regional finals.  I watched the game and was very impressed with Clarksville, who has 3A/4A athletes like the Cayuga teams of recent years.  Silsbee is a great job no doubt, I just wonder why he left such a good situation in the first place... 

[quote name="beeninnikes" post="1033036" timestamp="1312923885"]
This is a bit of a surprise for me.  Sigler left a very loaded Clarksville team.  Clarksville will be preseason top 2 or 3 in TABC and the odds on favorite to go to Austin.  They shouldve been in Austin this past year, had it not been for the huge shocker Tenaha pulled off in the regional finals.  I watched the game and was very impressed with Clarksville, who has 3A/4A athletes like the Cayuga teams of recent years.  Silsbee is a great job no doubt, I just wonder why he left such a good situation in the first place... 
[/quote]

Pretty simple, 1A job (Clarksville) to 3A job (Silsbee) means more $$$. Sigler wanting higher salary for those last few years of his employment to reflect on his retirement. I think this will not be a very long term for Sigler. I expect it to be no more than 4-5 years. Just my opinion.

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="1033057" timestamp="1312930404"]
Happy to have you back coach! Let's bring home a title!
[/quote]

New experienced and successful coach plus two 6"5' all star calibre transfers who are both academically acceptable makes for a cant miss combination.

[quote name="bobbymcgee" post="1033103" timestamp="1312938216"]
His postseason results are unimpressive but that was back when Silsbee was in 4A and going up against the Lincoln Bumblebees and later the Ozen Panthers
[/quote]

And Tyler Chapel Hill......who?  Exactly!!!

Name another coach from that time frame not named Boutett or Gamble who had more success than Sigler. He's won over 400 games. Coaches can't be blamed always for on the court performances. Lincoln was better than Silsbee almost every year. They were a Texas Power House. Countless Allstate players and All Americans. No other coach in setx could have coached Silsbee past them. Didn't Lincoln go to state like 6 times in the 90's and won like 3 of them?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder