Joe Sigler named as next Silsbee Head Basketball Coach

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="beeninnikes" post="1033036" timestamp="1312923885"]
This is a bit of a surprise for me.  Sigler left a very loaded Clarksville team.  Clarksville will be preseason top 2 or 3 in TABC and the odds on favorite to go to Austin.  They shouldve been in Austin this past year, had it not been for the huge shocker Tenaha pulled off in the regional finals.  I watched the game and was very impressed with Clarksville, who has 3A/4A athletes like the Cayuga teams of recent years.  Silsbee is a great job no doubt, I just wonder why he left such a good situation in the first place... 
[/quote] He was ask to leave.Got Fired.

[quote name="CATMAN" post="1033144" timestamp="1312946696"]
[quote author=beeninnikes link=topic=86439.msg1033036#msg1033036 date=1312923885]
This is a bit of a surprise for me.  Sigler left a very loaded Clarksville team.  Clarksville will be preseason top 2 or 3 in TABC and the odds on favorite to go to Austin.  They shouldve been in Austin this past year, had it not been for the huge shocker Tenaha pulled off in the regional finals.  I watched the game and was very impressed with Clarksville, who has 3A/4A athletes like the Cayuga teams of recent years.  Silsbee is a great job no doubt, I just wonder why he left such a good situation in the first place... 
[/quote] He was ask to leave.Got Fired.
[/quote]

It's my understanding that it was a mutual decision, and that is coming from some Clarksville people.

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1033145" timestamp="1312947468"]
The manner in which he made his way back to Silsbee doesn't matter, he is back in Silsbee and I haven't heard anyone associated with Silsbee ISD or from the Silsbee community that is sorry that he is back.
[/quote] U are right the man can coach.But all i said he was ask to leave.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1033041" timestamp="1312925626"]
[quote author=tamulonghorn link=topic=86439.msg1033039#msg1033039 date=1312925269]
1a to 3a does not = more money automatically

sigler and clarksville agreed to part ways
[/quote]

That's correct on both parts. But in this case, it is more money.
[/quote] Just on one part AAW The AD part.

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="LAZEEK" post="1033106" timestamp="1312939009"]
[quote author=bobbymcgee link=topic=86439.msg1033103#msg1033103 date=1312938216]
His postseason results are unimpressive but that was back when Silsbee was in 4A and going up against the Lincoln Bumblebees and later the Ozen Panthers
[/quote]

And Tyler Chapel Hill......who?  Exactly!!!
[/quote]

.. :'(I was there. :-[ :'(

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="BADSANTA" post="1033113" timestamp="1312941004"]
Name another coach from that time frame not named Boutett or Gamble who had more success than Sigler. He's won over 400 games. Coaches can't be blamed always for on the court performances. Lincoln was better than Silsbee almost every year. They were a Texas Power House. Countless Allstate players and All Americans. No other coach in setx could have coached Silsbee past them. Didn't Lincoln go to state like 6 times in the 90's and won like 3 of them?
[/quote]

Where you been, Bads..?  I was beginning to miss you.  Now I'm over it. ;D

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="1033113" timestamp="1312941004"]
Name another coach from that time frame not named Boutett or Gamble who had more success than Sigler. He's won over 400 games. Coaches can't be blamed always for on the court performances. Lincoln was better than Silsbee almost every year. They were a Texas Power House. Countless Allstate players and All Americans. No other coach in setx could have coached Silsbee past them. Didn't Lincoln go to state like 6 times in the 90's and won like 3 of them?
[/quote]Who will it be this time, Sutherland that will keep this coach with countless All Staters and All Americans from winning past the regular season.

Coaches coach and players play. Lenny Wilkins won a lot of games and never took the Cavs to a championship. I'd rather have a super strong staff like Silsbee has now and the talent than not have it. With the knowledge of Ira and Sigler, this years Silsbee team will surprise a lot of you how good they will be. Sigler and Williams have contrast styles but will get the same results.

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="1033222" timestamp="1312988374"]
Coaches coach and players play. Lenny Wilkins won a lot of games and never took the Cavs to a championship. I'd rather have a super strong staff like Silsbee has now and the talent than not have it. With the knowledge of Ira and Sigler, this years Silsbee team will surprise a lot of you how good they will be. Sigler and Williams have contrast styles but will get the same results.
[/quote]History tends to repeat itself when you do the same thing the same way

Guest speechless
LOL!  Yeah right.  Silsbee hasn't had the same caliber talent over the last 8 years....puhlease!  Yeah there are lots of 3A teams that field a front line of 6'7", 6'8", and 6'4" with two deadly three point shooters and guards all over the place. ::)

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="1033299" timestamp="1312997948"]
If Silsbee was was 3A back then, they would have at least 5 titles.The  same talent not there now overall. We will see what happens.
[/quote]

I would say that the talent pool as compared to the number of students enrolled is every bit as good or better today than it was when Silsbee was 4-a.  I suppose that Central could say that if they had been 3-a, they would have 4 or 5  state titles but such a comment doesnt mean much

Central? Central was 5A for the longest. Besides one or two seasons I don't recall Central ever losing to the same team or making a deep run. Take HJ for instance. What did they do in 4A? If that same team had stayed in 3A was , they may have done better. There is no way Silsbee has the same talent that it use to be. There have been teams that have had 3-4 All State players alone. There isn't one team from the 00's that could hang with a Silsbee team from the 90's or 80's. Com"on son! There have been a few Tiger teams that went to state but those 90's teams that played against all of the top 4A and 5A teams across the state were cold as ice!

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="1033331" timestamp="1313003124"]
Central? Central was 5A for the longest. Besides one or two seasons I don't recall Central ever losing to the same team or making a deep run. Take HJ for instance. What did they do in 4A? If that same team had stayed in 3A was , they may have done better. There is no way Silsbee has the same talent that it use to be. There have been teams that have had 3-4 All State players alone. There isn't one team from the 00's that could hang with a Silsbee team from the 90's or 80's. Com"on son! There have been a few Tiger teams that went to state but those 90's teams that played against all of the top 4A and 5A teams across the state were cold as ice!
[/quote]

I think that can be attributed to their bookkeeper.

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="1033331" timestamp="1313003124"]
Central? Central was 5A for the longest. Besides one or two seasons I don't recall Central ever losing to the same team or making a deep run. Take HJ for instance. What did they do in 4A? If that same team had stayed in 3A was , they may have done better. There is no way Silsbee has the same talent that it use to be. There have been teams that have had 3-4 All State players alone. [b]There isn't one team from the 00's that could hang with a Silsbee team from the 90's or 80's[/b]. Com"on son! There have been a few Tiger teams that went to state but those 90's teams that played against all of the top 4A and 5A teams across the state were cold as ice!
[/quote]

Santa, you are totally wrong on this one. I think it's safe to say that I have watched more Silsbee basketball in my lifetime than you have, and I know of a few Tiger teams in the 2000's that could play with those in the 80's and 90's. THAT'S A FACT!!!

No the best team lost to a team that hit 12 out of 16 3 pointers. That Chapel Hill team got hot and it would have taken a NBa team to cool them off. They shot 24 percent during district from 3 and 75 vs Silsbee. No the best Silsbee team got beat because they took that team lightly. Yea they would have won 5 pr6 titles in 3A. Who would have beat them. There was no Dallas or Houston 3a teams at that time. Madison dropped down that one year to beat Kountze and went back to 4a a year later.

The only one I recall was the last team that went to state due to the size they had. 09/10 team. all the others I caught at least one game and I can yell you Aggie from my experience of watching every Silsbee basketball game home and away from 94-98. They couldn't. How many Allstate Players did Slsbee have in that time frame. 6? Bush, Henry, Holden, Arline, Miller, and Whitmore? At one time 3-4 of these guys were on the same team. These cats had size and speed. At one point on the 96/97 team they had 5 guys averaging double figures in Holden, Arline, T Arline, Cartwright, and Henry. 5 guys coming off the branch that all they wanted to do was play defense.

[quote name="ST413" post="1033338" timestamp="1313003699"]
Yes the Tigers were good back then but to say they would have win  even one state title in 3A is  asinine.  The best team we had during  those years lost in the first round to a team that wouldn't have even sniffed Austinin3A!
[/quote]

Thank god you said that!

[quote name="sleepy" post="1033349" timestamp="1313004551"]
[quote author=ST413 link=topic=86439.msg1033338#msg1033338 date=1313003699]
Yes the Tigers were good back then but to say they would have win  even one state title in 3A is  asinine.  The best team we had during  those years lost in the first round to a team that wouldn't have even sniffed Austinin3A!
[/quote]

Thank god you said that!
[/quote]

You have played and coached against both. What are your thoughts?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami