All District Picks

Im a little confused how are the picks for all district actually done?  Please enlighten me on why this was posted and please give me your take.

Panthers,

To those who are interested.  These are the season ending stats that we have.  Hopefully you are able to view them.  It depends on what program you have.  The PDF is probably clearer. 

Also for those who have concerns with the all district picks, I would like to inform you that we have no control over the other coaches choices.  They each have their own method of choosing who they want to vote for.  I can tell you that 95% of the time it comes down to the highest numbers when they choose.  Also, I think I can say on behalf of all coaches that we hate to see a kid deserving  all district not chosen because of low numbers.  My suggestion is to continue working hard and improving so there is no doubt who is best.  Don’t let All District Picks disappoint you, let them motivate you.

Once again I would like to congratulate all players selected

Im just asking! 

[quote name="NHS83LU87" post="1008914" timestamp="1305156262"]
What is the purpose of this post?  I haven't heard any all district picks yet.
[/quote]

Looked to me like an apology for something that has yet to happen.  ???

Oh it has taken place.

[b]"I can tell you that 95% of the time it comes down to the highest numbers when they choose.  Also, I think I can say on behalf of all coaches that we hate to see a kid deserving  all district not chosen because of low numbers."[/b]
If a kid has low numbers he is not as deserving as the kid with higher numbers.

The 7th place Panthers won four games. Two against the winless 8th place team and two against the 6th place team.  If you are in 7th place the odds are that there two better short stops than yours on teams 1 through 6. 

[b]"My suggestion is to continue working hard and improving so there is no doubt who is best."[/b]

There already is no doubt who is best.  The best players are still playing.

I am embarrassed for you to have posted this, and I hope it is not even a real letter that went out from who it looks like it was originally written by.

[quote name="Be Real" post="1008903" timestamp="1305154030"]
Im a little confused how are the picks for all district actually done?  Please enlighten me on why this was posted and please give me your take.

Panthers,

To those who are interested.  These are the season ending stats that we have.   Hopefully you are able to view them.  It depends on what program you have.  The PDF is probably clearer. 

Also for those who have concerns with the all district picks, I would like to inform you that we have no control over the other coaches choices.  They each have their own method of choosing who they want to vote for.  I can tell you that 95% of the time it comes down to the highest numbers when they choose.   Also, I think I can say on behalf of all coaches that we hate to see a kid deserving  all district not chosen because of low numbers.  My suggestion is to continue working hard and improving so there is no doubt who is best.   Don’t let All District Picks disappoint you, let them motivate you.

Im just asking! 
[/quote]

Be real,

Why ask why something was posted when you are the one that posted it?

Guest Ranger83
They have all been picked, they will not be public until all teams from that district are eliminated from the playoffs.

[quote name="Year of the Pat!" post="1008994" timestamp="1305166976"]
They have all been picked, they will not be public until all teams from that district are eliminated from the playoffs.
[/quote]
21-5A selections have been made as well, but as Pat says, they also will not be public until the remaining representative is eliminated. (LaPorte)

[quote name="vpride" post="1009043" timestamp="1305170712"]
20-4A has been picked and already released to the kids.
[/quote]

Not to all players....Coach Robbins has always abided by the agreement to wait until all teams are out of the playoffs.  Unfortunately not all coaches do so.

[quote name="hawkeye07" post="1008981" timestamp="1305166346"]
[quote author=Be Real link=topic=84156.msg1008903#msg1008903 date=1305154030]
I[b]m a little confused how are the picks for all district actually done?  Please enlighten me on why this was posted and please give me your take.[/b]

Panthers,

To those who are interested.  These are the season ending stats that we have.  Hopefully you are able to view them.  It depends on what program you have.  The PDF is probably clearer. 

Also for those who have concerns with the all district picks, I would like to inform you that we have no control over the other coaches choices.  They each have their own method of choosing who they want to vote for.  I can tell you that 95% of the time it comes down to the highest numbers when they choose.  Also, I think I can say on behalf of all coaches that we hate to see a kid deserving  all district not chosen because of low numbers.  My suggestion is to continue working hard and improving so there is no doubt who is best.  Don’t let All District Picks disappoint you, let them motivate you.

Im just asking! 
[/quote]

Be real,

Why ask why something was posted when you are the one that posted it?
[/quote]Coaches get together with a case of beer and a chalk board, they start writing names down on the board, the Coach with the straightest names at the end wins.  ;D Seriously Coaches with a clue have made mental notes during the season about other players not on their team, Coaches without a clue push for their 2 players. Once the All District picks are announced this thread will go 20 pages long and the Moderator will step in. Happens every year.

[quote name="9Doggies" post="1009536" timestamp="1305244326"]
Coaches get together with a case of beer and a chalk board, they start writing names down on the board, the Coach with the straightest names at the end wins.  ;D Seriously Coaches with a clue have made mental notes during the season about other players not on their team, Coaches without a clue push for their 2 players. [b]Once the All District picks are announced this thread will go 20 pages long and the Moderator will step in. Happens every year. [/b] [/quote]

I'm sure you are right.  Go check out the softball forum.  The District MVP came from a 5-8 team that didn't make the playoffs, and her moms the coach.  They are having fun with that one.  ;)

[quote name="lionbaseball" post="1009417" timestamp="1305233600"]
alright sorry livingston boys found out today who made it but they only know the livingston kids not everybody else
[/quote]

Who made it from Livingston?

[quote author=vpride link=topic=84156.msg1009043#msg1009043 date=1305170712]
[/quote]

Who made it then?[quote author=BaseBow link=topic=84156.msg1009126#msg1009126 date=1305205970]
Ask Jr.
[/quote]

Same question as above?

[quote name="Cool Hand Luke" post="1009817" timestamp="1305298902"]
[quote author=lionbaseball link=topic=84156.msg1009417#msg1009417 date=1305233600]
alright sorry livingston boys found out today who made it but they only know the livingston kids not everybody else
[/quote]

Who made it from Livingston?

[quote author=vpride link=topic=84156.msg1009043#msg1009043 date=1305170712]
[/quote]

Who made it then?[quote author=BaseBow link=topic=84156.msg1009126#msg1009126 date=1305205970]
Ask Jr.
[/quote]

Same question as above?
[/quote]

Answer to all 3 questions:  Once all 20-4A teams have finished the playoffs, then you will know.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder