Proud Dad Of a Guardian

I know this is not sports related and I am sure that many of you have been through this experience before, but I had to share this as it brought this guys to tears. Last Friday my wife and I traveled 1500 miles to Cape May, New Jersey to watch our oldest son graduate from boot camp and become a member of the United States Coast Guard.

I watched the man that my son has become match in with about 60 other members of his company and I cried like the day he was born. I was so proud of him and the fact that he will be making a difference in the lives of people and our country. Our second son will leave for Navy boot camp in the fall and I will once again have a good cry as I see him graduate and join the Navy.

As I said before, I am sure that many of you have experienced the pride as your son's or daughter's have become members of the armed services, but this was a first for me and I just felt like sharing something that will truly matter after the points, goals, touchdowns and runs have faded away into the pages of a long forgotten yearbook. God bless all our son's and daughter's who have put thier lives on the line to defend and protect our county! 

Congrats to you and your family Rebel Yeller. We dont do enough to recognize those individuals and families that sacrifice and serve to protect our liberties and freedoms. Thank your very much and thanks for reminding us to be proud and grateful.

[quote name="Rebel Yeller" post="998604" timestamp="1303008963"]
Thanks for all the posts on this thread! I have shown them to my son who is now at his station. Tonight before you go to sleep join me in saying a prayer for all our service men and women at home and abroad as they defend us and our freedoms.
[/quote]

Will do...I pray every morning and evening that God will protect our finest as they protect us!

• 1 month later...
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    ProfessorMandela12
    Newest Member
    ProfessorMandela12