Next WO-S Head Football Coach.....COACH THOMPSON IT IS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

[quote name="One4All" post="999476" timestamp="1303228849"]
it have been more he has coached right off the field also.........  is a small community!!!!
[/quote]

First, of all.  After seeing your grammar use, I hope you didn't graduate from West Orange-Stark.

Second, we are talking football. This ain't youth soccer or little league baseball.  In the West Orange-Stark program, all they ever asked for is desire and discipline. If you had those two attributes, you had a place on the team and in Cornel Thompson's defense.  If you lacked even one of those, you might find quickly that the West Orange-Stark football team was not the best place for you.

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="bobbymcgee" post="999493" timestamp="1303231426"]
why isn't Hooks making a public endorsement? Seems kind of odd to me
[/quote]
Does seem rather odd. I want those for and against T on here to state their cases for why he should or shouldn't be the next head coach. Id love to see names along with the responses,but we know that will never happen. lets go. Why arent more past players coming forth expressing their support?

[quote name="Stangs92" post="999500" timestamp="1303232397"]
[quote author=bobbymcgee link=topic=82860.msg999493#msg999493 date=1303231426]
[/quote]
Does seem rather odd. I want those for and against T on here to state their cases for why he should or shouldn't be the next head coach. Id love to see names along with the responses,but we know that will never happen. lets go. Why arent more past players coming forth expressing their support?
[/quote]

Who says they aren't? How do we know they have not called who they need to call? And who says Hooks has not endorsed someone?

Let's see:

1.  Over 30 years of service to the West Orange-Cove ISD.  He is one of few members of the school district whose service to the district PRE-DATES the merger of West Orange and Stark High Schools;

2.  Assistant head coach and defensive coordinator for a team that has 2 state championships, 4 state championship game appearances and 5 regional titles;

3.  Countless players on the West Orange-Stark defense have gone on to play college football, many of them in FBS Division of the NCAA and some in the National Football League;

4.  A creator of defenses so effective that he has been asked to lecture about them;

5.  A friend to all in the community , not just athletes;

6.  A person who doesn't look at this head coaching job as a stepping stone for other opportunities as this is his dream job;

7.  A person who has been endorsed by current players as the best choice for the next head coach at WO-S;

8.  A person who has been endorsed by past players as the best choice for the next head coach at WO-S;

9.  A person who has been nearly unanimously endorsed by members of the the coaching fraternity as the best choice for the next head coach at WO-S;

10. He has been endorsed as head coach by those candidates who have been contacted by members of this very search committee to compete against Cornel Thompson for the head coaching position;

And finally this is a statement that I have heard across all of these cross section of those groups that have weighed in:

CORNEL THOMPSON [size=14pt]IS[/size] WEST ORANGE-STARK.

Respectfully submitted,

Todd J. Broussard
West Orange-Stark Class of 1986
Katy, Texas

Guest baseball25
This is a no brainer who should get the job, if you want WOS to still be competitive and have discpline, doing the right things off the field and etc then [b]Thompson[/b] is the guy, he knows the community and the kids real well and it seems this would be the no brainer hire. He has put together some of the best defenses in the history of texas hs football.This discussion should have already been over with, I don't know what they are waiting on!!!!

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="999508" timestamp="1303234021"]
Let's see:

1.  Over 30 years of service to the West Orange-Cove ISD.  He is one of few members of the school district whose service to the district PRE-DATES the merger of West Orange and Stark High Schools;

2.  Assistant head coach and defensive coordinator for a team that has 2 state championships, 4 state championship game appearances and 5 regional titles;

3.  Countless players on the West Orange-Stark defense have gone on to play college football, many of them in FBS Division of the NCAA and some in the National Football League;

4.  A creator of defenses so effective that he has been asked to lecture about them;

5.  A friend to all in the community , not just athletes;

6.  A person who doesn't look at this head coaching job as a stepping stone for other opportunities as this is his dream job;

7.  A person who has been endorsed by current players as the best choice for the next head coach at WO-S;

8.  A person who has been endorsed by past players as the best choice for the next head coach at WO-S;

9.  A person who has been nearly unanimously endorsed by members of the the coaching fraternity as the best choice for the next head coach at WO-S;

10. He has been endorsed as head coach by those candidates who have been contacted by members of this very search committee to compete against Cornel Thompson for the head coaching position;

And finally this is a statement that I have heard across all of these cross section of those groups that have weighed in:

CORNEL THOMPSON [size=14pt]IS[/size] WEST ORANGE-STARK.

Respectfully submitted,

Todd J. Broussard
Katy, Texas
[/quote]

I concur!!

Mike Sanchez
Silsbee Class of 1982
Silsbee Texas

[quote name="Gabe" post="999505" timestamp="1303233278"]
[quote author=Stangs92 link=topic=82860.msg999500#msg999500 date=1303232397]
[quote author=bobbymcgee link=topic=82860.msg999493#msg999493 date=1303231426]
[/quote]
[/quote]

Who says they aren't? How do we know they have not called who they need to call? And who says Hooks has not endorsed someone?
[/quote]

Absolutely, Gabe.  In fact, anyone that has internet access who cannot say that former players have not weighed in have not tried to find them.  Tell ya what. I'll help those that harbor that illusion:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Coach-Cornel-Thompson-for-WOS-Head-Coach/134389436635023

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Coach-Cornel-Thompson-for-WOS-Head-Coach/180164542029747

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Coach-Cornel-Thompson-for-WOS-Head-Coach/200038530017771

Opps have to make a supplement:

12.  The absence of Coach Cornel Thompson from the coaching staff at West Orange-Stark in the early 2000's coincided with the longest playoff drought for the West Orange-Stark football team since the early 1980's.

Supplement respectfully submitted,

Todd J. Broussard
Katy, Texas

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="999517" timestamp="1303234522"]

12.  The absence of Coach Cornel Thompson from the coaching staff at West Orange-Stark in the early 2000's coincided with the longest playoff drought for the West Orange-Stark football team since the early 1980's.

Todd J. Broussard
Katy, Texas
[/quote] Tell him to apply where your kids go to school at!!!!! Not others

[quote name="One4All" post="999527" timestamp="1303235267"]
[quote author=WOSgrad link=topic=82860.msg999517#msg999517 date=1303234522]

12.  The absence of Coach Cornel Thompson from the coaching staff at West Orange-Stark in the early 2000's coincided with the longest playoff drought for the West Orange-Stark football team since the early 1980's.

Todd J. Broussard
Katy, Texas
[/quote]

I guess this guy has never heard of the Katy Tigers.

Cornel Thompson is a grown man who can apply where ever he wants.  IF Cornel Thompson could convince his wife to move to Katy, Superintendent Alton Frailey and Athletic Director Rusty Dowling would drool over the chance to have Coach Thompson as head coach at one of the high schools in the Katy ISD.  

If you are trying to say that as I am not a resident of the WOC CISD, I forfeit any opinion, I will just have to plain disagree with that.

As it is obvious you are not a Thompson supporter.  Just WHO do you endorse for the job?

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="999536" timestamp="1303236274"]
[quote author=One4All link=topic=82860.msg999527#msg999527 date=1303235267]

Todd J. Broussard
Katy, Texas
[/quote]

Cornel Thompson is a grown man who can apply where ever he wants.  IF Cornel Thompson could convince his wife to move to Katy, Superintendent Alton Frailey and Athletic Director Rusty Dowling would drool over the chance to have Coach Thompson as head coach at one of the high schools in the Katy ISD. 

If you are trying to say that as I am not a resident of the WOC CISD, I forfeit any opinion, I will just have to plain disagree with that.

As it is obvious you are not a Thompson supporter.  Just WHO do endorse for the job?
[/quote]
He could want someone else to get the job hoping the Coach T would go coach at his school.

As a disclaimer:

Grew up as kids together, in the family.
---------------

We stood together as the concrete was being poured at the stadium.

Not only does he want to continue the WOS tradition, he has been a major part of it.

If there has been a better soldier in the coaching ranks for all these years please let me know.

If you want to see continued success on the gridiron along with all sports at WOS, Coach T soldiering days must end.

[quote name="SKINS" post="999540" timestamp="1303236476"]
[quote author=WOSgrad link=topic=82860.msg999536#msg999536 date=1303236274]
[quote author=One4All link=topic=82860.msg999527#msg999527 date=1303235267]

Todd J. Broussard
Katy, Texas
[/quote]

Cornel Thompson is a grown man who can apply where ever he wants.  IF Cornel Thompson could convince his wife to move to Katy, Superintendent Alton Frailey and Athletic Director Rusty Dowling would drool over the chance to have Coach Thompson as head coach at one of the high schools in the Katy ISD. 

As it is obvious you are not a Thompson supporter.  Just WHO do endorse for the job?
[/quote]
He could want someone else to get the job hoping the Coach T would go coach at his school.
[/quote]lol!!!!!! One word" Outlaw "

And to make one thing clear, I had mentioned a few days ago of a rumored 4th coach contacted by that committee that would bring snickers and giggles if his name was revealed, the 4th coach's name that I heard WAS NOT Coach Young.

That 4th coach was a name that was kiddingly mentioned prior.

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="Scooter!" post="999565" timestamp="1303239003"]
Coach Orebo for HC of the football team :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
[/quote]

Tougher n' saddle leather ! :D

I would like to hear from those against Coach T give their reasons for feeling such a way. I would honestly like to know the reasoning behind that choice as well. Its obvious he can coach. Its obvious the majority of the community supports him. It's also obvious that his former players speak highly of their time playing for him? Im a die hard Mustang fan who never played football under T. I have ALWAYS heard from friends and associates who did play for him how he was "THE MAN" behind the program. What has changed? Id just like a little clarity.

[quote name="tigersvoice" post="999569" timestamp="1303239325"]
[quote author=Scooter! link=topic=82860.msg999565#msg999565 date=1303239003]
Coach Orebo for HC of the football team :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
[/quote]

Tougher n' saddle leather ! :D
[/quote] :D I can only imagine what the mustang mile would be like in that heat.

[quote name="Stangs92" post="999575" timestamp="1303239691"]
I would like to hear from those against Coach T give their reasons for feeling such a way. I would honestly like to know the reasoning behind that choice as well. Its obvious he can coach. Its obvious the majority of the community supports him. It's also obvious that his former players speak highly of their time playing for him? Im a die hard Mustang fan who never played football under T. I have ALWAYS heard from friends and associates who did play for him how he was "THE MAN" behind the program. What has changed? Id just like a little clarity.
[/quote] And no responses, probably folks that their "Little Johnny" didn't get to play or they think his workouts are to tough to handle.

[quote name="KFDM KERRY COOPER" post="999612" timestamp="1303242951"]
[quote author=Stangs92 link=topic=82860.msg999575#msg999575 date=1303239691]
[/quote] And no responses, probably folks that their "Little Johnny" didn't get to play or [b]they think his workouts are to tough to handle[/b].
[/quote]the workouts cant be more harder than Coach Hooks.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder