Next WO-S Head Football Coach.....COACH THOMPSON IT IS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1000486" timestamp="1303335833"]
I personally think that all the talk in support of Coach T on this site and the community forced the sup and the committee's hand in doing the right thing and the only thing, to hire the right man for the job, Cornell Thompson.

Everyone here on the site is to be commended for doing their job making the sup and committee do their job.

Congrats Cornell Thompson on being [b]RECOMMENDED[/b] for the position of AD/HC at WOS High school!!

Here's to hoping the school board "does it's job" ;) and votes you in as athletic director.
[/quote]

Forced their hand??? So, by saying that, it implies that they would have chosen a different path. Does anyone ever see the bright side or think for one minute that a procedure was followed and the right man was chosen for the right job period.

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="td" post="1000492" timestamp="1303336224"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=82860.msg1000486#msg1000486 date=1303335833]
I personally think that all the talk in support of Coach T on this site and the community forced the sup and the committee's hand in doing the right thing and the only thing, to hire the right man for the job, Cornell Thompson.

Everyone here on the site is to be commended for doing their job making the sup and committee do their job.

Congrats Cornell Thompson on being [b]RECOMMENDED[/b] for the position of AD/HC at WOS High school!!

Here's to hoping the school board "does it's job" ;) and votes you in as athletic director.
[/quote]

Forced their hand??? So, by saying that, it implies that they would have chosen a different path. Does anyone ever see the bright side or think for one minute that a procedure was followed and the right man was chosen for the right job period.
[/quote]

Yes, they heard the community's voice and adhered to it. Pretty simple.

They could have chosen a different path but went with the right thing and chose the right man. however the procedure.

To state that the sup and committee was not influenced by what the community wanted would be naive.

[quote name="td" post="1000491" timestamp="1303336080"]
[quote author=WOSgrad link=topic=82860.msg1000454#msg1000454 date=1303333219]
[quote author=td link=topic=82860.msg1000438#msg1000438 date=1303331446]
All of the negative things about the Super and or the process should have never been said. Not to mention the things that weren't said but implied and most of you know exactly what I mean.

[/quote]

Sadly, I have to disagree.  I do not harbor one bit of regret for what I posted on this thread.  The information I received was rock solid and the conclusions that I made were reasonable and, I can say now, shared by many in the coaching fraternity as well as among alumni and taxpayers in the WO-C CISD.  

Were the conclusions incorrect?  Yes and I can tell you no one is more thrilled that I was wrong than I am!  The children and community that is the West Orange-Cove Consolidated have seen a step taken with those programs that indicate a commitment to achievement and excellence.

Congratulations to Coach Thompson on his appointment as head football coach of the West Orange-Stark Mustangs and athletic director of the WO-C CISD and good luck for years to come and congratulations to Mr. Colbert on recognizing the excellence required to keep the football program on the path of achievement and executing on that recognition.

[/quote]

Sadly I have to disagree. How in the world can you say the information was rock solid. That is the craziest thing I have ever heard. Not one thing happened the way you said/thought it was going to happen. I'm just an insurance agent but if that is rock solid evidence then I'm in the wrong business. Like I said, too many negative things were said and the man was never given a chance to do the right thing. I regret your statements not only for you but for the community that was stirred up and why? For no reason at all.

No hard feelings we just see things completely different on this matter.
[/quote]

None taken, I still intend to, to the extent I can, see that you are in a school board seat by this time next month.  I'll just note that my post said my info was correct, the conclusions I drew from that info were not.  It may not seem like a big difference, but millions are made and lost on that difference.

I said it during the pendency of this search...I'll gladly take the label as the boy who cried wolf if the result that occurred today came to fruition and sleep well in doing so.  Had I been right and remained silent, sleep would have been a lot harder to come by.

[quote name="td" post="1000491" timestamp="1303336080"]
All of the negative things about the Super and or the process should have never been said. Not to mention the things that weren't said but implied and most of you know exactly what I mean.

[/quote]

Sadly, I have to disagree.  I do not harbor one bit of regret for what I posted on this thread.  The information I received was rock solid and the conclusions that I made were reasonable and, I can say now, shared by many in the coaching fraternity as well as among alumni and taxpayers in the WO-C CISD.  

Were the conclusions incorrect?  Yes and I can tell you no one is more thrilled that I was wrong than I am!  The children and community that is the West Orange-Cove Consolidated have seen a step taken with those programs that indicate a commitment to achievement and excellence.

Congratulations to Coach Thompson on his appointment as head football coach of the West Orange-Stark Mustangs and athletic director of the WO-C CISD and good luck for years to come and congratulations to Mr. Colbert on recognizing the excellence required to keep the football program on the path of achievement and executing on that recognition.

[/quote]

Sadly I have to disagree. How in the world can you say the information was rock solid. That is the craziest thing I have ever heard. Not one thing happened the way you said/thought it was going to happen. I'm just an insurance agent but if that is rock solid evidence then I'm in the wrong business. Like I said, too many negative things were said and the man was never given a chance to do the right thing. I regret your statements not only for you but for the community that was stirred up and why? For no reason at all.

[/quote]

If a superintendent of any school district gets his feelings hurt from a sports message board than he is in the wrong line of work. The WOS super just like every other superintendent in texas has much more to worry about than what a few local yocals (no offense, I am a Nederland local yocal ;) ) have to say an any message board. With that being said, congrats to Coach T.

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1000478" timestamp="1303335098"]
[quote author=I dont play well with Jaguars link=topic=82860.msg1000473#msg1000473 date=1303334624]
Just got off the horn with the Supt. I've been offered the DC position.  ;D We will be running a 3-3-5 base defense blitzing 90% of the time. CHAIN LINK DEFENSE IS BACK!  ;D
[/quote]

Wait!  I thought you were Coach Neece's new OC at Kirbyville? Boy, that is gonna create a heck of a conflict of interest come Week 5!
[/quote]I got fired, i wanted to run the spread offense/A-11 and he wasnt having any of it.  :D

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1000486" timestamp="1303335833"]
Everyone here on the site is to be commended for doing their job making the sup and committee dtheir j

why did I know someone was going to come in here and say that. What some of you almost did
was cost him the job. This super is a tough guy who
is going to make the tough decisions no matter
how popular they are. I can reassure you that the
other committee members felt no pressure,  they
were going to do what was right for the school so
you can stop patting yourself on the back. From
what I hear T won it yesterday in his interview
where he even got emotional and committee
members were touched by the things he said.

Congrats Cornell Thompson on being [b]RECOMMENDED[/b] for the position of AD/HC at WOS High

[/quote]

[quote name="adminbaberuth" post="1000429" timestamp="1303330665"]
[quote author=Razor link=topic=82860.msg1000427#msg1000427 date=1303330588]
Well dang....what can we talk about on the football board now....it's gonna get boring...lol...Congrats to Coach T....very deserving
[/quote]

How about the new defensive co-ordinator?
[/quote]

:-X :-X :-X :-X ;)

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="1000498" timestamp="1303336588"]
[quote author=td link=topic=82860.msg1000492#msg1000492 date=1303336224]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=82860.msg1000486#msg1000486 date=1303335833]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yes, they heard the community's voice and adhered to it. Pretty simple.

They could have chosen a different path but went with the right thing and chose the right man. however the procedure.

To state that the sup and committee was not influenced by what the community wanted would be naive.
[/quote]

I am far from naive. The community did as they should have done. The right choice was made. BTW when did I ever say  they weren't influenced. Please show me that post.

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1000505" timestamp="1303337579"]
[quote author=td link=topic=82860.msg1000491#msg1000491 date=1303336080]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

None taken, I still intend to, to the extent I can, see that you are in a school board seat by this time next month.  I'll just note that my post said my info was correct, the conclusions I drew from that info were not.  It may not seem like a big difference, but millions are made and lost on that difference.

I said it during the pendency of this search...I'll gladly take the label as the boy who cried wolf if the result that occurred today came to fruition and sleep well in doing so.  Had I been right and remained silent, sleep would have been a lot harder to come by.
[/quote]

I agree sleep would have been difficult. I never wanted anyone to remain silent, just calm. In the end we got what we wanted.

Thanks for the support. Coach T looks very excited in the picture on KOGT.

I'm just glad it's over. Now hopefully we can get on to making other changes and improvements at WOCCISD.

[quote name="Roughrider" post="1000511" timestamp="1303338507"]
[quote author=td link=topic=82860.msg1000491#msg1000491 date=1303336080]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

If a superintendent of any school district gets his feelings hurt from a sports message board than he is in the wrong line of work. The WOS super just like every other superintendent in texas has much more to worry about than what a few local yocals (no offense, I am a Nederland local yocal ;) ) have to say an any message board. With that being said, congrats to Coach T.
[/quote]

For the record I don't think and never said he got his feelings hurt. I simply want to give the guy a chance at making changes at WOCCISD and I would like for him to feel a little support.

I'm thrilled Mr. Colbert and the committee made the right decision.  I'm even more thrilled for Coach T.  He has poured his blood, sweat, and tears into the WO-S football players and community for many many years.  It's a wonderful thing to see him rewarded for all his hard work and dedication to the kids and program.

Because Coach T has his fingerprints all over the program as it is right now, it will be a smooth transition to him leading the way.

The winning tradition continues! 

[quote name="griff" post="1000630" timestamp="1303356878"]
I'm thrilled Mr. Colbert and the committee made the right decision.  I'm even more thrilled for Coach T.  He has poured his blood, sweat, and tears into the WO-S football players and community for many many years.  It's a wonderful thing to see him rewarded for all his hard work and dedication to the kids and program.

Because Coach T has his fingerprints all over the program as it is right now, it will be a smooth transition to him leading the way.

The winning tradition continues!   
[/quote]

I think that we can all agree on that.

I will stand by my ipinion of Colbert. Everything i heaqrd about the man before this coaching thing was positive and I said that in the beginning. He is a very hands on Super and demands dicipline and excellence wich is EXACTLY what we needed. And , Hill, at the helm of the school. These three(Colbert, Thompson, Hill) will get WOCCISD back in place. Congrats coach T and Francis. Im so happy for yall!!!!

[quote name="kicker" post="1000740" timestamp="1303396755"]
Oh, those dreaded words!!  "Now Coach thompson Loves you" BUT.  There was always a but. lol. It normally meant that you were in deep doo doo when he would say that. :D
[/quote] You see that Grin on his face when he said "We're going to work EVERYDAY"  :D

[quote name="KFDM KERRY COOPER" post="1000750" timestamp="1303397278"]
[quote author=kicker link=topic=82860.msg1000740#msg1000740 date=1303396755]
Oh, those dreaded words!!  "Now Coach thompson Loves you" BUT.  There was always a but. lol. It normally meant that you were in deep doo doo when he would say that. :D
[/quote] You see that Grin on his face when he said "We're going to work EVERYDAY"  :D
[/quote]

To this day it still makes me want to run for the hills when he says something like that. LOL.

For me, the comment was mostly "Thib, come see me real quick son".  Or when I would come in the back door of the fieldhouse before practice and he would be standing at the door and just smile at me then would say "Got dang son, what you been doing?" man my rear still hurts. Thank God we had those cold wooden benches. :D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder