Lamar football schedule

UNLV

Any predictions on next year win-loss record?
I say 7-4, 4-3 in SLC

Langston University WIN
at South Alabama WIN
Incarnate Word WIN
at Southeastern La* WIN
Northwestern St.* WIN
at Texas St. LOSS
C. Arkansas* WIN
at Sam Houston St.* LOSS
Stephen F. Austin* LOSS
at Nicholls St.* WIN
McNeese St.* LOSS

Although, I think we could beat McNeese at home, and possibly pull one out against either Texas State or SHU.

"The only thing is we're hoping the McNeese game won't be our last one. One of our team goals is to make the playoffs in our first year of eligibility."

Only way to do that is winning the league title, Ray.  Your OOC schedule is brutal with two quasi-FBS programs (USA, TXST) and two sub-Div I foes (Langston, UIW). Doubt you get seven Div I wins with it...

[quote name="TexasTerror" post="966440" timestamp="1297793672"]
"The only thing is we're hoping the McNeese game won't be our last one. One of our team goals is to make the playoffs in our first year of eligibility."

Only way to do that is winning the league title, Ray.  Your OOC schedule is brutal with two quasi-FBS programs (USA, TXST) and two sub-Div I foes (Langston, UIW). Doubt you get seven Div I wins with it...
[/quote]

So, are you saying he is not allowed to have a team goal of making the playoffs?

If I had to make a prediction:

Langston University WIN
at South Alabama LOSS
Incarnate Word WIN
at Southeastern La* WIN
Northwestern St.* LOSS
at Texas St. WIN
C. Arkansas* WIN
at Sam Houston St.* LOSS
Stephen F. Austin* LOSS
at Nicholls St.* LOSS
McNeese St.* LOSS

That puts you at......

5-6, maybe you can beat USA, but I dunno. I'm going with my gut  since it's your 1st away game, and Langston isn't really a great warm-up game.

[quote name="epg2793" post="966508" timestamp="1297805341"]
Everyone is picking us to beat Central Arkansas but they are a legit team.
[/quote]

A lot of that has to do with it being your Homecoming. A lot of factors are different in games like that. If you look at their schedule last year, they only beat non-DI teams handily, and then TSU really. Overall, they were an average team in the SLC that was right on the win/loss line.

[quote name="ForeverADog" post="966548" timestamp="1297809105"]
How good are Nicholls and Northwesten? I know they are nothing special historically.
[/quote]

Northwestern was VERY good last year, and was tied with SFA for a few weeks, but ended up losing to SFA in a close game.

Nicholls is a very up and down team. They can be REALLY bad sometimes (I think we sacked them 12 times last year) and then sometimes they'll come out of no where and look like a playoff team (beating TSU on the road in 4OT and beating NWST late in the season)

[quote name="Scalp'em" post="966417" timestamp="1297790866"]
Any predictions on next year win-loss record?
I say 7-4, 4-3 in SLC

Langston University WIN
at South Alabama WIN
Incarnate Word WIN
at Southeastern La* WIN
Northwestern St.* WIN
at Texas St. LOSS
C. Arkansas* WIN
at Sam Houston St.* LOSS
Stephen F. Austin* LOSS
at Nicholls St.* WIN
McNeese St.* LOSS

Although, I think we could beat McNeese at home, and possibly pull one out against either Texas State or SHU.
[/quote]

So bammy and sam will run it down our throats..San Marcos Jr. College sucks..sfa new scheme...we shock mcneese at home...

if coleman goes back to LB and if beard is healthy...and if the line blocks....and they stick the  chavis bros on dline..and if the planets all align perfectly

8-3!  ;D cant decide who the 3rd loss is to..

[quote name="puddin tane" post="966651" timestamp="1297815716"]

So bammy and sam will run it down our throats..San Marcos Jr. College sucks..sfa new scheme...we shock mcneese at home...

if coleman goes back to LB and if beard is healthy...and if the line blocks....and they stick the  chavis bros on dline..and if the planets all align perfectly

8-3!  ;D cant decide who the 3rd loss is to..
[/quote]

If I had to give you 3 losses, and you're already consider Sam and USA, my money would be on NWST because he was a junior last year, and will be more controlled in the pocket. He's very explosive.

SFA won't have a new system, they lost their OC to West Virginia and picked up a coach out of West TAMU, which runs basically the exact same offense, they'll just have a different guy in the pocket throwing to the same receivers.

Northwestern State has a history of being good; although down for a few years. Last year they were very competitive in the SLC.

I've been to a few practices and several of our guys look a lot bigger and faster. I can't say they are stronger as I haven't seen a real scrimmage yet.

We will be heavy with seniors who have been part of a team for a few years (even though we've only played one season).

I can see us being up there where Puddin thinks at 8-3 or another 5-6 season. I think a lot has to do with the O and D line and if we can develop a running game to help the defense by keeping them on the sidelines for several minutes at a time; by having long drives instead of a few long throws and a quick score or going three and out on several possessions. JMHO

[quote name="bigred360" post="966675" timestamp="1297817961"]
Northwestern State has a history of being good; although down for a few years. Last year they were very competitive in the SLC.

I've been to a few practices and several of our guys look a lot bigger and faster. I can't say they are stronger as I haven't seen a real scrimmage yet.

We will be heavy with seniors who have been part of a team for a few years (even though we've only played one season).

I can see us being up there where Puddin thinks at 8-3 or another 5-6 season. I think a lot has to do with the O and D line and if we can develop a running game to help the defense by keeping them on the sidelines for several minutes at a time; by having long drives instead of a few long throws and a quick score or going three and out on several possessions. JMHO
[/quote]

I definitely don't see 8-3, only because that would make you near perfect in conference, and even SFA, with their All-American, Payton award winning QB, lost 1 game and had some scares along the way.

I do agree with you on the last part. You've got a SOLID defense, but the problem is conditioning, and the fact that the offense going 3 and out, doesn't help them out at all. They spent a lot of time on the field, and after a while, it's tough to sustain any defensive momentum. If the offense can practice ball control (including running the ball, sorry Puddin), then it will give the defense some time to re-coop.

The only way you can't see us going 8-3 JJ is because you don't think we can beat SHSU, right?

Otherwise, these are the W's I think we "can" have.

[b]Langston University [/b] WIN
at South Alabama LOSS
[b]Incarnate Word [/b] WIN
at Southeastern La* WIN
[b]Northwestern St[/b].* WIN
at Texas St. LOSS
[b]C. Arkansas[/b]* WIN
at Sam Houston St.* WIN
[b]Stephen F. Austin[/b]* LOSS
at Nicholls St.* WIN
[b]McNeese St[/b].* WIN

I'm not saying we will win all these games but I do think it is possible.  

I got you at 4-7, though 5-6 would not shock me... the SLC is going to be pretty balanced this year. I think NWST, McNeese and then SHSU are the top three teams in the league next year..

Langston University WIN
at South Alabama LOSS
Incarnate Word WIN
at Southeastern La* WIN or LOSS (Lamar will drop one of two games in the 'Cajun Corner)
Northwestern St.* LOSS
at Texas St. LOSS
C. Arkansas* WIN
at Sam Houston St.* LOSS
Stephen F. Austin* LOSS
at Nicholls St.* WIN or LOSS (Lamar will drop one of two games in the 'Cajun Corner)
McNeese St.* LOSS

[quote name="bigred360" post="966696" timestamp="1297819033"]
The only way you can't see us going 8-3 JJ is because you don't think we can beat SHSU, right?

Otherwise, these are the W's I think we "can" have.

[b]Langston University [/b] WIN
at South Alabama LOSS
[b]Incarnate Word [/b] WIN
at Southeastern La* WIN
[b]Northwestern St[/b].* WIN
at Texas St. LOSS
[b]C. Arkansas[/b]* WIN
at Sam Houston St.* WIN
[b]Stephen F. Austin[/b]* LOSS
at Nicholls St.* WIN
[b]McNeese St[/b].* WIN

I'm not saying we will win all these games but I do think it is possible.  
[/quote]

No, I don't think you'll beat us, I was just trying to pick a third loss for Puddin.

[quote name="TexasTerror" post="966792" timestamp="1297823500"]
I got you at 4-7, though 5-6 would not shock me... the SLC is going to be pretty balanced this year. I think NWST, McNeese and then SHSU are the top three teams in the league next year..

Langston University WIN
at South Alabama LOSS
Incarnate Word WIN
at Southeastern La* WIN or LOSS (Lamar will drop one of two games in the 'Cajun Corner)
Northwestern St.* LOSS
at Texas St. LOSS
C. Arkansas* WIN
at Sam Houston St.* LOSS
Stephen F. Austin* LOSS
at Nicholls St.* WIN or LOSS (Lamar will drop one of two games in the 'Cajun Corner)
McNeese St.* LOSS
[/quote]

Well TT, you just took all the fun out of next season!  Now that you've given us the results for 2011, it will be like watching tape of a game you already know the outcome too.  Lets just move on to 2012. ;)

[quote author=NorthoftheBorder link=topic=80295.msg967326#msg967326

Well TT, you just took all the fun out of next season!  Now that you've given us the results for 2011, it will be like watching tape of a game you already know the outcome too.  Lets just move on to 2012. ;)
[/quote]

Why attack TT, when me, BR360, and Puddin also all gave predictions on the season.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder