**Orangefield at Hardin-Jefferson/H-J Wins/Comments**

Lazeek

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

26-6 free throws shot. H-J was called for 4 fouls halfway through the first quarter, only 5 more the rest of the game. Total foul count was HJ 9 OF 20, OF never pressed, HJ pressed the entire game, just a couple of interesting stats. HJ didn't miss free throws down the stretch which accounted for the significant 4th quarter point spread.
One thing about going to HJ, you can always count on their fans not knowing how to sit on the home side. Only place in the district like that...

[quote name="bobcat4life" post="950939" timestamp="1295413841"]
26-6 free throws shot. H-J was called for 4 fouls halfway through the first quarter, only 5 more the rest of the game. Total foul count was HJ 9 OF 20, OF never pressed, HJ pressed the entire game, just a couple of interesting stats. HJ didn't miss free throws down the stretch which accounted for the significant 4th quarter point spread.
One thing about going to HJ, you can always count on their fans not knowing how to sit on the home side. Only place in the district like that...
[/quote]Foul count would have been 9 - 14 because your last 6 were intentional fouls.  Your original stat was a little misleading.

Now granted, HJ got away with a couple of bad calls - Sutherland pushed a guy down on offense right in front of your coach (... I've never seen a conniption, but I thought I was going to see one for the first time....) and I still don't know how we got the out of bounds on the opening tip-off.  But Sean Prudhomme's (#10) last foul (Offensive) was awful and it cost us the "And 1".

But I gotta give it to you guys, Orangefield came to play.  I think you lost your legs in the 2nd half and it showed on the 3 point attempts.

And I think your coach made a great call.  There was an incident under our basket after a 4th quarter free throw where #23 (OF) and #10 (HJ) almost went after it.  Your coach immediately removed #23 from the game to calm him down.  I think Prudhomme left the game the next time the clock stopped.

Oh yeah, and a couple of well-timed dunks would have changed the whole complexion of the game.  ;)  I think he was going to try a 360 or something and got caught in midstep.

But overall, Orangefield has no reason to hang their heads after that game.  

Thats because 10 would not quit running his mouth the whole game.  Still though 5 fouls in 29 mins, nothing misleading about that.  Thought that it was fitting that they missed the first their first call before the clock technically started.  Agree the spurt of not scoring hurt at beginning of q4.

Wildcatter...........great game from the Bobcats tonight.  If that is the way that they always play then they will compete for a playoff spot.  I was very pleased with the game that your son has.  Must get it from his momma!!!! ;D ;D ;D  OF had the Hawks on the ropes tonight.  HJ played as bad a game as they have played all year and I credit it to the in your face pressure that the Bobcats ran all night long.  OF had Prudhomme frustrated all night long and it showed as he missed easy layups and two easy dunks.  More importantly I have never seen him have a verbal argument before with an opponent, and tonight he did.  But I am sure you will have access to see the tape and understand that not only was it #10 for HJ but it was also #23 for OF.  Both were going at it.

I agree........how did HJ get the ball after Persohn tipped it out of bounds on the opening tip????  ::) ::) ::)

OF came to play tonight and it showed.

HJ must have been looking ahead to WOS on Friday and it almost cost them.  Score is NOT as close as this game really was.  HJ took their first lead with less than 30 seconds to go in the 3rd, and then made the FT down the stretch as OF had to foul.  Foul count was within a foul or two until the final 2 minutes when the Bobcats had to foul.

Great game and I am sure that it will be a great one in a few weeks!!!

Good luck the rest of district OF!!!!

Way to overcome some adversity and not hitting a single 3 ball tonight to win the game Hawks!!!!

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="950962" timestamp="1295416486"]
Wildcatter...........great game from the Bobcats tonight.  If that is the way that they always play then they will compete for a playoff spot.  I was very pleased with the game that your son has.  Must get it from his momma!!!! ;D ;D ;D  OF had the Hawks on the ropes tonight.  HJ played as bad a game as they have played all year and I credit it to the in your face pressure that the Bobcats ran all night long.  OF had Prudhomme frustrated all night long and it showed as he missed easy layups and two easy dunks.  More importantly I have never seen him have a verbal argument before with an opponent, and tonight he did.  But I am sure you will have access to see the tape and understand that not only was it #10 for HJ but it was also #23 for OF.  Both were going at it.

I agree........how did HJ get the ball after Persohn tipped it out of bounds on the opening tip????   ::) ::) ::)

OF came to play tonight and it showed.

HJ must have been looking ahead to WOS on Friday and it almost cost them.  Score is NOT as close as this game really was.  HJ took their first lead with less than 30 seconds to go in the 3rd, and then made the FT down the stretch as OF had to foul.  Foul count was within a foul or two until the final 2 minutes when the Bobcats had to foul.

Great game and I am sure that it will be a great one in a few weeks!!!

Good luck the rest of district OF!!!!

Way to overcome some adversity and not hitting a single 3 ball tonight to win the game Hawks!!!!
[/quote]

It was a good game, OF played well, They came out with a lot of intensity and beat up on us for the first two quarters.

Now before you get all piggly wiggly on assigned sides for home and visitors, I would think that if the players can play on the same court then the fans SHOULD BE mature enough to sit on the same side of the gym. By the way it is not the only place, I have been to every gym in our area for many years, and a lot of places there are few home fans sitting on the visitor side if thats the way you see it. Me for one I do not like to sit in a crowd of people, I like to sit where I have a little room around me, and that is usually on the visitor side, but I do not have kids playing so I'm not all emotional about it. I have friends at almost every school in our District and sometimes I will sit with them. I'm only aware of you that has had an issue with it.

There were probably several missed calls but I can promise you that they were pretty equal missed for each side, you will not get a perfectly called game ever, You just have to adjust to how it's being called.

as far as blaming # 10 only, it takes two to tango partner...I would have been upset to if my uniform  were constantly being tugged on every time I tried to jump....just watch the film of the game.

Thanks for the comments as a sophomore he has a ways to go but seems to step up in the big games.  I have said from the get go that I thought we could compete for the playoffs.  We play really good defense which keeps us in the game.  You know HJ is gonna have the spurt so you just have to limit the damage and take care of the ball.  We did it most of the game but hurt us in the beginning of the 4th. 

[quote name="bobcat4life" post="950939" timestamp="1295413841"]
[/quote]
Very, Very, Very weak excuses.  Scoreboard tells the only story that matters.

[quote name="sleepy" post="951000" timestamp="1295444893"]
[quote author=bobcat4life link=topic=78837.msg950939#msg950939 date=1295413841]
[/quote]
Very, Very, Very weak excuses.  Scoreboard tells the only story that matters.
[/quote]

i'm sure OF will beat the crap out of HJ the next time they play and get a "fair" game...  ::)

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="True Blue" post="950930" timestamp="1295413292"]
[quote author=Wildcatter link=topic=78837.msg950923#msg950923 date=1295413001]
made 17 free throws
[/quote] Looks like the game tues took alot out of both clubs. HJ and Silsbee played clubs tonight that they should have had little prob. with, yet both were close games.
[/quote]

Hawks, DO NOT UNDERESTIMATE the WO-S Mustangs. ::)

About this home fans sitting on the visitor side of the gym. Back in the day when I played high school ball,at home games my parents would always sit on the visitor side. Because they do not like to sit shoulder to shoulder with people. From what im told they had ZERO problems with any of the other fans. As a matter of fact they said they even had small talk with some of the other visiting teams fans. So i dont see any problem with home fans sitting on the visitor side.With that being said, were all adults we should all know how to act at any high school function.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder