**Orangefield at Hardin-Jefferson/H-J Wins/Comments**

Lazeek

[quote name="FlexD33" post="951148" timestamp="1295458787"]
About this home fans sitting on the visitor side of the gym. Back in the day when I played high school ball,at home games my parents would always sit on the visitor side. Because they do not like to sit shoulder to shoulder with people. From what im told they had ZERO problems with any of the other fans. As a matter of fact they said they even had small talk with some of the other visiting uteams fans. So i dont see any problem with home fans sitting on the visitor side.With that being said, were all adults we should all know how to act at any high school function.
[/quote]I think majority of the blks, and some of Hj's wealthiest whites, sit on the visitors side. Middle age whites and students sit on the home side. Kinda weird, but it is what it is...

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will make you this promise......when we play away.....I will sit on the visitor side......lol. I just prefer to sit in the least crowded side, and the majority of the time that is the visitors side. Like I said before if the players can be mature enough to crawl all over each other on the court, then the parents of opposing teams should be mature enough to sit on the same side.

I have sat on the HJ home side one time (Kountze game in HJ Tourney last year) in the new gym and maybe a half a dozen times total in the old gym..............just not gonna do it.  I am a big guy and I like the space and dont like to have my view blocked by the scoring table and the benches!!!!!

[quote name="stevenash" post="951314" timestamp="1295474545"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=78837.msg951056#msg951056 date=1295451070]
I honestly believe HJ will beat WOS by 15+.
[/quote]

I hope that weakly veiled sincerety winds up to be the truth.  If it does, you will be receiving "mop the floor" persistence from me. ;D
[/quote]

WOW!! Why is my sincerety being questioned here? Can I not predict HJ to beat WOS by 15+? What's the problem with that?

Such paranoia!! Quite amazing. Always trying to read something that is not there.

[quote name="Scalabrine" post="951041" timestamp="1295449976"]
I hope Hj can blast them for the football team!!
[/quote]

Well, I tell you what.  If Coach Sutherland removes his starters at the start of the 2nd quarter and puts in his jv team just after halftime and they "blast" them, then I guess that will even things out.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="951358" timestamp="1295481430"]
[quote author=stevenash link=topic=78837.msg951314#msg951314 date=1295474545]
[/quote]

I hope that weakly veiled sincerety winds up to be the truth.  If it does, you will be receiving "mop the floor" persistence from me. ;D
[/quote]

WOW!! Why is my sincerety being questioned here? Can I not predict HJ to beat WOS by 15+? What's the problem with that?

Such paranoia!! Quite amazing. Always trying to read something that is not there.
[/quote]  My humblest apologies.  Odd that you would predict a larger margin of victory for HJ than your own Tigers.  As for reading something that isnt there,  I AINT the only one in that category.

[quote name="stevenash" post="951417" timestamp="1295486529"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=78837.msg951358#msg951358 date=1295481430]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]  My humblest apologies.  Odd that you would predict a larger margin of victory for HJ than your own Tigers.  As for reading something that isnt there,  I AINT the only one in that category.
[/quote]

No, you are not the only one. But you are the only one that does it on a regular, daily, postly basis. ;)

I predicted Silsbee to win by 14, thought they would be flat coming off the win over HJ. I believe HJ will be more than ready for WOS this Friday night and I really expect them to win by 15 or more.

Apology accepted.

Guest bleed orange
[quote name="PoppaBearstarr" post="951298" timestamp="1295473281"]
I will make you this promise......when we play away.....I will sit on the visitor side......lol. I just prefer to sit in the least crowded side, and the majority of the time that is the visitors side. Like I said before if the players can be mature enough to crawl all over each other on the court, then the parents of opposing teams should be mature enough to sit on the same side.
[/quote]

Please forgive bobcat4life who mentioned fans sitting on the vistor side. He is getting old and does not remember himself sitting on the vistor side at home games in the old gym. A lot of us parents did for many reasons. Here are some, kids that stood up during the whole game and was loud, then you had the adults you could not sit by because they embarrassed you(LOL!!) and like poppabearstar said there is simply more room where you can enjoy the game. Before we got the new gym I sat on the vistor side. When we got the new gym I sat on the home side in a corner by myself away from some of the idiots that sat right behind the benches or in the middle. When I did sit on the vistor side ( Old Gym ) it was fun listening to all the whinning that was going on. I heard this lady from Buna say "We always get cheated when we come to Orangefield" well the final score was 73- 38. She could not realize that maybe Buna was not that good and it would not have mattered if we played in Buna. LOL!!!!!!!

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="951434" timestamp="1295488336"]
[quote author=stevenash link=topic=78837.msg951417#msg951417 date=1295486529]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=78837.msg951358#msg951358 date=1295481430]
[/quote]

I hope that weakly veiled sincerety winds up to be the truth.  If it does, you will be receiving "mop the floor" persistence from me. ;D
[/quote]

[/quote]  My humblest apologies.  Odd that you would predict a larger margin of victory for HJ than your own Tigers.  As for reading something that isnt there,  I AINT the only one in that category.
[/quote]

No, you are not the only one. But you are the only one that does it on a regular, daily, postly basis. ;)

I predicted Silsbee to win by 14, thought they would be flat coming off the win over HJ. I believe HJ will be more than ready for WOS this Friday night and I really expect them to win by 15 or more.

Apology accepted.
[/quote]  Having a hard time finding "postly" in the dictionary.   Also, are we assuming that your evaluations  of my posts are infallible and cannot be questioned? If that is the case, that may be a little difficult for some to accept.

[quote name="bleed orange" post="951436" timestamp="1295488392"]
[quote author=PoppaBearstarr link=topic=78837.msg951298#msg951298 date=1295473281]
[/quote]

Please forgive bobcat4life who mentioned fans sitting on the vistor side. He is getting old and does not remember himself sitting on the vistor side at home games in the old gym. A lot of us parents did for many reasons. Here are some, kids that stood up during the whole game and was loud, then you had the adults you could not sit by because they embarrassed you(LOL!!) and like poppabearstar said there is simply more room where you can enjoy the game. Before we got the new gym I sat on the vistor side. When we got the new gym I sat on the home side in a corner by myself away from some of the idiots that sat right behind the benches or in the middle. When I did sit on the vistor side ( Old Gym ) it was fun listening to all the whinning that was going on. I heard this lady from Buna say "We always get cheated when we come to Orangefield" well the final score was 73- 38. She could not realize that maybe Buna was not that good and it would not have mattered if we played in Buna. LOL!!!!!!!
[/quote]

I would forgive him if it were necessary, but it is not no offense taken here, I don't take it personal, trust me, I'm just like you I just simply want to enjoy the competition. I just have been waiting for a while now to use my piggly wiggly comment... ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83

• Sure.  You reassign an employee and they leave voluntarily instead of being fired and being open to litigation.  The outcome is the same, but you are making my point.  The superintendent and AD and principal are all empowered to make personnel decisions.  Instead of accepting the decision made, you talk about lawyering up, no one else was reprimanded, railroad job.  I am old enough to remember when high school sports taught life lessons...accountability being chief among them.
    • I know absolutely nothing about the situation, but I do know head coaches of sports other than the AD have actual teaching assignments, and I know from my wife having worked in the sped department of multiple schools that it’s not uncommon at all for coaches to shirk those duties.  It could very well be that this was the case at BC.  Or not, I don’t know.  Just bringing this up to point out the fact that, although many coaches only want to worry about coaching, they generally have several other responsibilities at the school.  some of them neglect or ignore these duties entirely.  If he’s been written up for other issues before, it’s a dumb argument to say “he was punished for this and others were not”.  If he had a pile of write ups in his file and they did not then it makes sense that the punishments were different.  
    • He wasn’t fired, he was reassigned and people get reassigned all the time. If he was actually fired, then you would have a point, but he wasn’t fired. Based on the information presented here no way this would stand if they fired him and he lawyered up. 
    • I heard the assistant was going to get this job and assume it was referring to the old Vidor coach, Nate Smith.  I always thought he did more with less at Vidor and can't help but think he shares some responsibility in Vidor's recent success. 
    • Classic Bridge City.  Always someone else's fault, refs/umpires cheated, AD with an agenda, yada, yada, yada.  As far as I can tell it's damn near impossible to get fired at these schools so when someone does get fired, it's usually something.  Drama at Bridge City is a constant.  The guy did a good job coaching basketball and I'm sure he'll continue that somewhere else.  Time to move on.
  • Topics