DISAPPOINTMENT OF THE DAY

One last comment, I am disappointed is the sportsmanship of a team that wants to run full court press on teams that they are beating by over 40pts.  Where is the sportsmanship of their coach???  Is it that important that you have to foul in the last secs of a game, just so that you can get 100pts in a game.  Especially when you are beating them 97 to 17???  Come on man...  Really?  Is it that important to slam the other team that bad to get 100 pts.  Not only in one game but 2 games?  For those of you who don't know the scores of those 2 games (97 to 17 in one) (97 to 20 in the other).  I am not going to name the school, but all of you living in this area know who that team is.  I hope their coach reads this post.  That is wrong in so many ways.  I should call you the Yates of SE Tx.  At least several schools that I know in your area (who's coaches I know) would never do that to a school.  Think of the moral of those other kids and/or what you would feel like if that happened to you.  I mean seriously.  Lack of character, lack of sportsmanship and lack of common sense.

You have a good team, you coach them well.  But to do that.. Means I give you the thumbs down.

No one will ever make me understand or convince me of any reason why a team would be pressing in the last minutes of a game where they lead a team by 80 points. And I'll never understand why a team would foul in the last seconds just to get a possesion to have a chance of scoring 100 points while having an 80+ lead.

Truly sad.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="939845" timestamp="1293732663"]
No one will ever make me understand or convince me of any reason why a team would be pressing in the last minutes of a game where they lead a team by 80 points. And I'll never understand why a team would foul in the last seconds just to get a possesion to have a chance of scoring 100 points while having an 80+ lead.

Truly sad.
[/quote]

Totally agree!

From the tone of the last reply, I take it that this is a player/student for that same school.  Enough said by your comments.. That is just a token of what your school and your coach is all about.

I am not going to comment on the name of school.  Those of you who live in the area know exactly who I am talking about.  They want to pounce like kings on the small schools but don't dare to challenge the big schools.  I especially love the eyes that their players give on the court while playing and starring down fans like it means anything.  IT DON'T.. Matter of fact, it is just an embarrasment for you and your school.

[quote name="Spartans Ball" post="939900" timestamp="1293741962"]
From the tone of the last reply, I take it that this is a player/student for that same school.  Enough said by your comments.. That is just a token of what your school and your coach is all about.

I am not going to comment on the name of school.  Those of you who live in the area know exactly who I am talking about.  They want to pounce like kings on the small schools but don't dare to challenge the big schools.  I especially love the eyes that their players give on the court while playing and starring down fans like it means anything.  IT DON'T.. Matter of fact, it is just an embarrasment for you and your school.
[/quote]

No, SB, that poster is not from the school you have mentioned.  I guess since I am responsible for the scores, it didn't take me very long to figure out who you were talking about.

I'll give those who haven't figured it out a hint.  It is a school that has already received quite a bit of criticism on another issue this season.

Well don't beat around the bush, just come out and say Vidor. Continue to use this site to bash a Coach and a school. Say what you will about the OCC game, but Vidor played half court man the entire 2nd half of the Kirbyville game with mostly bench players. I highly doubt the coach told his players to foul so they can score 100. I find it amusing and pathetic that you are going to judge the character and integrity of a coach, his players and their school because of one game where you feel the score was run up.

[quote name="jumpstop" post="939931" timestamp="1293746035"]
Well don't beat around the bush, just come out and say Vidor. Continue to use this site to bash a Coach and a school. [b]Say what you will about the OCC game[/b], but Vidor played half court man the entire 2nd half of the Kirbyville game with mostly bench players. I highly doubt the coach told his players to foul so they can score 100. I find it amusing and pathetic that you are going to judge the character and integrity of a coach, his players and their school because of one game where you feel the score was run up.
[/quote]

I believe the OCC game is what the poster was referencing. What does the Kirbyville game have to do with the OCC game?

You have got to be kidding me? You're crying about Vidor running up the score? This is the same team who has been getting bashed all season for their schedule, has been been made fun of for not winning by enough points, and is now getting bashed for winning by too much. You're seriously calling out the character of the Vidor coach for winning by too much in two games? How about calling out the integrity and character of the Silsbee, Kountze, and other coaches who are always winning by huge amounts? How about calling out the integrity and character of the coach who was EJECTED from the game the other day for getting two technical fouls and now has to go to Austin to explain himself?

Aggies are We, did you even see the OOC game? What exactly are you calling a press? Do you really think the coach called for a foul for the chance of scoring 100 points? I thought the policy of this board was not to critcize any coach or player for playstyle, etc? Maybe you need to familiarize yourself with the rules of your own forum before you start calling into question the character of a coach.

Maybe Vidor is going to make some noise in district this year and maybe they're not. But right now they're 18-1 and people not from Vidor have a lot to complain about.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder