Woodville vs. Brookeland/Woodville Tournament 12PM Monday/Predictions/Comment??

Agreed on that subject. The district is tough on its own with CH, Woodville, SA, Woden, CC, and Newton. And the region is tough with teams like Kountze, Tatum, CH, EC, Crockett, etc.

And as to not making it out of district.....i think you dont have much of an idea what youre talking about. Yes, yall are a good team. Will yall beat CH either time?? NO. Will yall beat woodville both times....maybe ONCE @SA. And thats if woodville has a bad game and SA has a good one. Weve already beat newton and woden. Shouldnt have trouble with Hemphill and CC will be a decent game but woodville will pull it out.

1. CH
2. Woodville
3. SA
4. Woden
5. CC
6.Newton                                                                                                                                                                                                7. Hemphill 

[quote name="utfan06" post="937609" timestamp="1293066487"]
Umm pending on which teams go where... that will determine if woodville goes three rounds
[/quote]And the way other teams begin to defend Sells.He is the key to their entire game and you can bet other clubs will start to game plan for him.They may make the playoffs but 3 rounds deep will be a stretch unless they avoid the top 2 out of the district just south of them.

I have to disagree.  That may be what some think is the key to beating Woodville.  They have more than Sells.  They have a very big team for 2A.  Have lots of speed.  All of them shoot the ball fairly well. I think they will get 2nd place in district and you never know from there what will happen.  When it is one and done in the playoffs, it is hard to predict the outcome.  3 rounds deep would be a great accomplishment and could happen, I am fairly certain that they will get the 2nd spot in district.  The thing that will hurt Woodville is that they have already played 2 district opponents and it will be hard to beat them 3 times in the same year. Woden and Newton have a chance at beating them at their places.  But, I think every night everyone has the ability to beat the other.

They must have had them hid when I saw them play.They had one more guard that could handle the ball against pressure.At one point this season I heard the Woodville coach tell Sells to "just take the ball down the floor himself".Sells is a good player but if you take him out of the mix the Eagles playoff lives are short lived.

"Bring the ball down the court yourself" can mean anything from bring it too the hoop yourself too bring it across half court. Sells has had two single-digit games. Both of which, Woodville won by 20+. Idk what game you saw but the ONLY game i can think of that he was the only factor was the first game against silsbee. the 31 point, 14 rebound, 7 steal game.

You're not gonna be playing Lovelady in the 3rd round of the playoffs.I hope Woodville does well if they make the post season but the bring the ball down the court yourself that night meant everyone else that tried turned it over.Give Sells some credit,he's pretty darn good.

One way to look at is, it seems like the teams Woodville has already played would have played a box and 1 and took him out of the games if that is what it takes to beat them.  From the beginning of the year, that has been the talk about Sells being there only player, so teams know.  They have more or it would would have already happened is what I am saying.  He is good but does not deserve a box and 1.

I think Woodville was just outmatched vs. Silsbee...eaglewoodville, i know what you meant, I was jsut trying to point out woodville has more than sells and if they didnt they would have been shut down by every team they played.  And as of yet that has not been the case.  The couple of games I saw, they had a solid 8.  I dont know if I would go further than that.  But a solid 8 that were able to play for 2a. 
AggiesAreWe, you are comparing Woodville against the best 3A maybe 4A team in East Texas!!! You know that is not a fiar comparison.

Just for grins let's compare them to the best 2-a clubs out of the south district.Having watched all 3 clubs Ktz,EC and Woodville I think Ktz and EC are at least 15 points better than Woodville.Now take Sells out of Woodvilles line up and I think the margin goes up dramatically.Maybe I'm missing something but let me know what you guys think.Ags, the Silsbee games aren't an anomoly they are an example of adjustments a good coaching staff makes.

um yeah. If you take DC off out of Silsbee, their value goes down. You take Mcdaniels out of Kntze, they arent as good. You take Gustafson out of HJ, they arent as good. Even with EC, if you take Jones out of the equation, they arent as great. Same concept applies with Sells and Woodville. Of course, if you take the best player on a team and take him out of the equation, there are gonna be negative effects. Thats not a Woodville thing. Thats a common sense thing. Common basketball(and actually applies to any sport) knowledge.

The big difference in Woodville and all the clubs you compared them to are they could still beat good clubs without their best players.Silsbee has 10 legit players,HJ has been without 2 of their best and are still 15-2 I think.McDaniel spends a ton of time on the Kountze bench and they still beat good clubs.If you take Sells out of the Eagles line up I don't think they beat many good clubs,especially the ones that pressure the ball.I try to give any club the benefit of the doubt but I didn't see but 2 kids on the Woodville club that could handle the basketball.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Ryzxed
    Newest Member
    Ryzxed