Port Neches-Groves vs. Manvel Game Thread/Manvel Advances 56-46/Comments

WOSgrad

Brenhamfan, you are a CLASS ACT! I didn't get to watch the PNG game but was at the Bronco game. I plan on going to this game between LM and Manvel.......Again, I didn't watch the PNG game but I watched the coogs and man.........they are GOOD! You follow all teams so what do you think about their matchup? I go with LM cuz I seen them and I also like lmcoog, he is my buddy! I hated to see PNG go down cause I LIKE PURPLE!  ;D

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="purplepride" post="921435" timestamp="1290978919"]
Brenhamfan, you are a CLASS ACT! I didn't get to watch the PNG game but was at the Bronco game. I plan on going to this game between LM and Manvel.......Again, I didn't watch the PNG game but I watched the coogs and man.........they are GOOD! You follow all teams so what do you think about their matchup? I go with LM cuz I seen them and I also like lmcoog, he is my buddy! I hated to see PNG go down cause I LIKE PURPLE!  ;D
[/quote]

Thanks, I just love the game.  I'm by no means a purple person, but i'll show up in my green, no matter who's playing. ;D Go Montgomery, BTW!  Gotta support 17-4A especially...  I can't wait till next year, but until then, i'm supporting region 3.

Guest tappedout
I thought the turning point was also in the 2nd half when they gave us 15 yard's and then #42 goes and give's them 30 yard's in penalty's and one of them was on a crucial 3rd down. The game changed after that drive. On the kickoff I was telling the people around me that we better watch out for an onside kick because #20 was playing in too tight and Manvel had 2 guy's lined up by the sideline's and that's what they did. After that it was like we quit until 6 minute's to go in the game. They made halftime adjustment's and we didn't. How do you constantly let a rb roam free out of the backfield? It happened over and over and their coaches took advantage of it. You can't give team's with that kind of speed too much space. We never made any adjustment's on defense. I've seen a defense this bad do as much talking as they have done all season. They did more talking than playing. I was sitting down low and we got lucky several time's for talking trash and then Manvel retaliated and got the 15 yard penalty instead. The diffence is they made us pay for our penalties and we didn't take advantage of their's. Manvel had several late hit's and got penalized for most them. Manvel's #12 is a pretty dirty player as he hit several people in the back or blind-sided people after the play. We had our on dirty play's. DJ got put on the ground and he retaliated with a full sprint to level the guy in front of the ref. Padia just flat out hit the guy with an upper cut to the n$ts and got ejected. So before we go on here talking trash on the other team's we better evaluate what we did. We were not angels out there! We knew that our offense would have to play flawless and they didn't and it put too much pressure on the defense that we would stuggle. I thought the defense had a couple of stops early and we didn't take advantage of it. The defensive scheme that our coordinator uses is horrible. We have an offensive genius and we are going to have to find new schemes oon defense or we will not be able to compete on defense.

Great game last night! Manvel was the better team and they played a heck of a ball game. They shut down the run in the middle, which really limited the NDN's ability to control the game. #20's speed is unreal. Speed kills and last night it definitely showed. I won't go on my soap box about how "dirty" the game was because there are two sides to the story. I do believe that there is no room for unnecessary taunting. We are supposed to be teaching these young men how to be MEN. Let's just say i wouldn't bring my kids to another Manvel game if i were to teach them anything about sportsmanship. I know that the NDN's aren't exactly saints on the football field, but Manvel fans, don't come on here thinking that emotions and garbage can't be suppressed. Trust me, the NDN nation knows the players on our team that are capable of crappy personal fouls.

Congrats to the Indians on an amazing season. Yall never gave up all season long and yall showed everyone what some resilience and a whole lot of heart can do. Yall make me proud to be an Indian.

Again, congrats to Manvel! Yall are definitely a well balanced machine. Wish yall luck the rest of the way!

[quote name="BrenhamFan" post="921417" timestamp="1290976936"]
[quote author=PNG Proud link=topic=76698.msg921385#msg921385 date=1290972816]
[quote author=NDNWarrior link=topic=76698.msg921356#msg921356 date=1290969442]
Good to meet you as well, biaplayer.....its nice to be able to put faces with names on here. I wanted to take a pic of BrehnamCubFan for proof he was there.  A real nice gent indeed....as well as PNGProud.  We'll be back next year, for sure.  Love them Indians, ALWAYS BE FAITHFUL!
[/quote]

It was great to meet you, biaplayer, and brenhamfan too!  Like you said, it was good to put a face with the name.  Although,  I couldn't sleep last night because of it!  LOL  j/k

Nothing more I can say about the game that hasn't already been said... except...

[color=purple][size=18pt]Go LA MARQUE![/size][/color]
[/quote]

It was nice to meet people from on here, at the game.  I even met 4 or 5 Manvel fans who were there several hours before the game as well.  Thanks for making me feel welcome.  I enjoyed tailgating, and I can not tell you how impressed I am with the hospitality that was shown.  Conversations, music, tv, food and of coarse, enjoying the atmosphere of a PNG playoff game...  It was an awesome experience!  The game went exactly as I expected.  I said it would be a 3 or 4 point game that could go either way, if Manvel turned the ball over more than twice.  If they limited the turnovers, I predicted 42-31, Manvel.  I knew it would be a high scoring game and it was.  It could have been a cleaner game, but Manvel hasn't played in a game that big, and you add in the crowd that PNG brings... Maybe that's the reason for all the talk. (I know the bigger the game is for us, the more we talk/taunt-nothing serious) I agree Manvel had a lot of personal fouls, but so did PNG. (including the most serious, the ejection for the shot below the belt) I was impressed with both fan bases throughout the game, [b]except for the disrespect coming from the top of the PNG stands, while a Manvel player was injured.  You don't yell at the refs and coaches while players are injured.  I was shocked...  How low and disrespectful can you be.  Finally, another PNG fan stood up and turned around letting the guy know, how much of an a$$ he was being.  It almost caused a fight in the stands, but after hearing the stuff that guy was yelling, I totally agree with the guy that confronted him. [/b] If he reads this, sir I applaud you!  PNG, keep your heads up, great season!  Manvel, good luck, we've scrimmaged y'all and y'all have the talent to make some noise.  Whoever wins this region, needs to make it 3 in a row over region 4!  I'll be there, in my green supporting y'all...
[/quote]

Yes that man (I use that term loosely) is a total moron who does not represent any part of NDN Nation.  That young man was shaken up pretty bad but I am glad to see he got up on his own and walked off the field. 

I swear PNG fans have on blinders. Any game I go to, I can find bad calls, no calls, 'dirty plays' etc.. One of the offensive lineman for PNG was playing dirty every play at the nederland game and never got called for it.. Its just football.. This is the reason i don't go to png games when they are in the playoffs.. png fans should be proud of where they got to considering how the season started.. Quit whining.. You're just making yourself and the entire PNG fan base confirm what so many of us already know...

[quote name="GoDogs27" post="921563" timestamp="1290988939"]
I swear PNG fans have on blinders. Any game I go to, I can find bad calls, no calls, 'dirty plays' etc.. One of the offensive lineman for PNG was playing dirty every play at the nederland game and never got called for it.. Its just football.. This is the reason i don't go to png games when they are in the playoffs.. png fans should be proud of where they got to considering how the season started.. Quit whining.. You're just making yourself and the entire PNG fan base confirm what so many of us already know...
[/quote]
on a thread last week about PNG saying Willis played dirty, I said that I talked to a guy that graduated a couple of years ago. He played on a team from 20-4A...he said PNG played and talked the dirtiest. (PNGproud thought my post was funny  ::)). Anyway, seems like maybe the guy knew what he was talking about after all...

[quote name="GoDogs27" post="921563" timestamp="1290988939"]
[/quote]

Seeing as you are a bulldog fan and talking about how a lineman played at the PNG/Ned game, you might have had on a few blinders as well.  It is easy to have on blinders when you are watching your own team.

Anyways, we are proud of the way our team played this year, coming back from such an adverse beginning to the season.  Looking forward to 2011.

[quote name="NDNTime" post="921611" timestamp="1290992979"]
[quote author=GoDogs27 link=topic=76698.msg921563#msg921563 date=1290988939]
[/quote]

Seeing as you are a bulldog fan and talking about how a lineman played at the PNG/Ned game, you might have had on a few blinders as well.  It is easy to have on blinders when you are watching your own team.

Anyways, we are proud of the way our team played this year, coming back from such an adverse beginning to the season.  Looking forward to 2011.
[/quote]

You explained my point perfectly even though you don't even realize you did... You look for the other team to play dirty but you have selective vision. If PNG loses a close game, then the other team cheated, or they played dirty, or the refs were terrible. Its never that they got beat by a better team.. I'm not saying all PNG fans are like that. I have personal friends who support PNG and will admit when the team gets outplayed or outcoached.. But regardless.. You made my point..

[quote name="NDNfan91" post="921337" timestamp="1290965769"]
I don't have a problem with it either, I just thought it didn't fit with their team.  Yes, we yell Scalp 'em but we are INDIANS...they are Maverick's and use a Indian battle cry? However it's not for me to figure out, if it makes sense to them then that's all that matters.
[/quote]

Didn't Indians ride Mavericks (horses)?  That is the connection I made when I heard the Hoka Hey thing.  Just my 0.2 cents.

[quote name="GoDogs27" post="921688" timestamp="1290998615"]
[quote author=NDNTime link=topic=76698.msg921611#msg921611 date=1290992979]
[/quote]

Seeing as you are a bulldog fan and talking about how a lineman played at the PNG/Ned game, you might have had on a few blinders as well.  It is easy to have on blinders when you are watching your own team.

Anyways, we are proud of the way our team played this year, coming back from such an adverse beginning to the season.  Looking forward to 2011.
[/quote]

You explained my point perfectly even though you don't even realize you did... You look for the other team to play dirty but you have selective vision. If PNG loses a close game, then the other team cheated, or they played dirty, or the refs were terrible. Its never that they got beat by a better team.. I'm not saying all PNG fans are like that. I have personal friends who support PNG and will admit when the team gets outplayed or outcoached.. But regardless.. You made my point..
[/quote]
Go back over all of the posts in this thread and find one were an Indian fan said that the chippy play or anything other than the fact that Manvel was a better team is the reason PNG lost last night. You won't find it! We all admited right off the bat that they were a deeper more talented group.
Also you will notice that many of the PNG faithful realized that our team did some stuff last night that we all would like not to see again. We took some shots as well. Both teams got chippy, just so happens Manvel got caught more.

[quote name="GoDogs27" post="921688" timestamp="1290998615"]
[quote author=NDNTime link=topic=76698.msg921611#msg921611 date=1290992979]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote] ;D ;D ;D

[quote name="Versey Ledbetter" post="921054" timestamp="1290919760"]
Really???  Aren't we past the race thing? 
[/quote]  Are you serious?!  You must live in an all white town.  Move to beaumont and you will see Tthat the "race thing" is alive and well.  Now if you agree that blacks should receive preferential treatment in every facet of life then you will get along just fine with our black race mongers (carol thomas, paul brown, bo alfred, howard graham, oveal whitaker, terry williams, jessie haynes, etc)

[quote
author=bleed orange link=topic=76698.msg920976#msg920976 date=1290917583]
[quote name="AggiesWeAreNot" post="920905" timestamp="1290916298"]
[quote author=1KatKiller link=topic=76698.msg920803#msg920803 date=1290914405]
I said earlier that Manvel's offense was very similar to Willis' offense and it would be alot of speed and spreading the field...obviously,PNG's defense 1) has been on the field too much since the O can't seem to get anyting going..2) cannot match the speed & athleticism of Manvel's O......it happens.
[/quote]
Let me guess, Manvel has black kids so automatically PNG "cannot match the speed and athleticism"?
[/quote]

This is a funny statement and one I have been waiting for. "Remember the Titans", To me a team that has all races will succeed the most. What I mean by that is, it should be equal across the board, no dominate race. Those are the teams that dominate on a regular bases. I hate the term more "Athletic"  What is that? Do you people think God made one race more athletic than the other? That is the same as saying one race is smarter than the other.  We are equal, it is what you do with yourself that seperates you from the weak. The strong survive the weak do not. Plain and simple.
[/quote]  I totally agree.  That is why you don't see all black or all white pro teams.  I think almost everyone has bought into the nonsense that blacks are better athletes than whites.  All races have great athletes and horrible athletes.  In beaumont we have basically now created black only football teams.  Our state champion teams:  west brook in 1982 and french in 1984 contained both races.

Guest tappedout
Team's have figured out to move the ball against the defense that PNG plays. Plain and simple. When a qb has all night long to throw because there is only 3 defender's rushing you can expect a big night from the qb. We changed scheme's for a few games and we were successful and then we go back to rushing 3 defensive lineman. You can play with 3 down lineman but on occasion you need to blitz from different area's of the field. We did it against BH and later in the game the qb was missing throw's because he was in a hurry because he didn't know when DJ was going to lay him out again. We never sent DJ blitzing in this game or against Willis. No db's can cover for as long as we were giving them to throw. If you can't see this then you don't pay much attention to the game. There was a lot of talent on the defensive side of the ball but never had a chance due to the scheme. To make long run's in the playoff's you must be able to play some defense. I really believe that Faircloth and Company will take a look at this defense and you will see some changes in the scheme. I seen where someone said it was the same scheme as last year, exactly we got eliminated in the 2nd round. I'm not use to seeing us play bad defense around here. The offense is awesome and I believe Faircloth will see to it that the defensive side of the ball can at least handle it's own.

[quote name="tappedout" post="921481" timestamp="1290982473"]
I thought the turning point was also in the 2nd half when they gave us 15 yard's and then #42 goes and give's them 30 yard's in penalty's and one of them was on a crucial 3rd down. The game changed after that drive. On the kickoff I was telling the people around me that we better watch out for an onside kick because #20 was playing in too tight and Manvel had 2 guy's lined up by the sideline's and that's what they did. After that it was like we quit until 6 minute's to go in the game. They made halftime adjustment's and we didn't. How do you constantly let a rb roam free out of the backfield? It happened over and over and their coaches took advantage of it. You can't give team's with that kind of speed too much space. We never made any adjustment's on defense. I've seen a defense this bad do as much talking as they have done all season. They did more talking than playing. I was sitting down low and we got lucky several time's for talking trash and then Manvel retaliated and got the 15 yard penalty instead. The diffence is they made us pay for our penalties and we didn't take advantage of their's. Manvel had several late hit's and got penalized for most them. Manvel's #12 is a pretty dirty player as he hit several people in the back or blind-sided people after the play. We had our on dirty play's. DJ got put on the ground and he retaliated with a full sprint to level the guy in front of the ref. Padia just flat out hit the guy with an upper cut to the n$ts and got ejected. So before we go on here talking trash on the other team's we better evaluate what we did. We were not angels out there! We knew that our offense would have to play flawless and they didn't and it put too much pressure on the defense that we would stuggle. I thought the defense had a couple of stops early and we didn't take advantage of it. The defensive scheme that our coordinator uses is horrible. We have an offensive genius and we are going to have to find new schemes oon defense or we will not be able to compete on defense.
[/quote]Sounds good!

I am so glad to have found this thread.  The things which are posted here are downright shameful.  I do have a vested interest in the Manvel program, but I also have a vocation which advocates fairness amongst all participants in HS sports.  The views expressed by some of the players from Manvel however inappropriate at times was certainly provoked.  Why are HS players in 2010 still using the N and "coon" words.  Someone near and dear to the situation said this occurred most of the game and is still shocked and appalled.  As a former US Marine, Mason/Shriner, father, etc amongst other things I could not believe this.  I fought for everyone-black, white, Asian, Hispanic, all Americans.  My childen and others around me do not and are not condonned to use those words towards anyone.  And yes I am very much black and from the "hood".  However we learn to leave ignorant situations grow up and go on to obtain various academic degrees, etc and be better individuals and give back to our communities and teach others the same.  Not only to mention being a Christian.  What are you teaching your children about the future?  Athletes should show pride in their programs, HS memories, etc, but racism and name-calling is totally inappropriate!  Manvel's penalties were mainly a result of "second-hand responses".  Luckily the players were able to avert an all-out brawl.  I respect those coaches and others who had cooler heads.  Good luck to Manvel next week against LaMarque and to PNG next year and beyond.  My prayers are with those who think HS sports have become grounds for racial intolerances.  Luckily Manvel although not perfect has embraced the true meaning of our "children's futures-which some of us so called adults have left stuck in the past.

Last night was the best officiated game ive seen all year, but the Mavericks get no respect in my opinion because of how dirty the play was, they got it next week with Lamarque if their like the old Lamarque they are just as dirty and they always have athletes with speed,now that ive gotten that out,  i wanna go and say how proud and disappointed i am with the Indians, they played their hearts out in the 4th but played down to manvels game in the 3rd. I and many other fans around me were calling for # 42 to be benched after that penalty, we will be back next year and back in the thick of it.

Go NDNs, peace, and scalp em

[quote name="NewIndian" post="921818" timestamp="1291025065"]
Last night was the best officiated game ive seen all year, but the Mavericks get no respect in my opinion because of how dirty the play was, they got it next week with Lamarque if their like the old Lamarque they are just as dirty and they always have athletes with speed,now that ive gotten that out,  i wanna go and say how proud and disappointed i am with the Indians, they played their hearts out in the 4th but played down to manvels game in the 3rd. I and many other fans around me were calling for # 42 to be benched after that penalty, we will be back next year and back in the thick of it.

Go NDNs, peace, and scalp em
[/quote]Played down to the Mavericks???

got down on their level with all the PFs that we got then, the 2 back to back that cost 30 yards and a TD.

old eagle ill still disagree with u on DJ, ive met the young man, he met with my sons team PNGYFA senior team and several other teams that were out there , the only different things for him to learn is to control his temper, he plays with a chip on his shoulder and i try to get my son to hit like him and play with that same intensity.

I've been watching the Mavericks all year and this hasn't been a season of dirty football, late hits etc... We have kept our composure and played very well.  They are lead by one of the best Christian coaches you can find anywhere.  He has touched these kids life with simply being fair.  My son came to Manvel from another powerful 24-4A school and we felt at home immediatedly.  I'm proud of the Mavericks, the staff, the band, the spirit that's came alive around here.  But honestly we came to win a football game not a popularity contest.  PNG kids realized that this will not be an easy game and start wining to officials begging for calls etc... Just watch the film!  Mavericks showed up to win, not to be intimidated by the PNG players nor the mass following sitting in the stands.  Now quit complaining and come route for the Mavericks against LaMarque.  You are welcomed to wear purple!    

[quote name="fatmaverick" post="921836" timestamp="1291035067"]
I've been watching the Mavericks all year and this hasn't been a season of dirty football, late hits etc... We have kept our composure and played very well.  They are lead by one of the best Christian coaches you can find anywhere.  He has touched these kids life with simply being fair.  My son came to Manvel from another powerful 24-4A school and we felt at home immediatedly.  I'm proud of the Mavericks, the staff, the band, the spirit that's came alive around here.  But honestly we came to win a football game not a popularity contest.  PNG kids realized that this will not be an easy game and start wining to officials begging for calls etc... Just watch the film!  Mavericks showed up to win, not to be intimidated by the PNG players nor the mass following sitting in the stands.  Now quit complaining and come route for the Mavericks against LaMarque.  You are welcomed to wear purple!    
[/quote]
Again I ask have you "Watched the film?" ::)

I love the fact that because our team is predominantly white, we are racist! ::)
I would consider that a racial slur in itself!!!

[quote name="AggiesWeAreNot" post="921733" timestamp="1291001957"]
[quote author=Versey Ledbetter link=topic=76698.msg921054#msg921054 date=1290919760]
Really???  Aren't we past the race thing? 
[/quote]  Are you serious?!  You must live in an all white town.  Move to beaumont and you will see Tthat the "race thing" is alive and well.  Now if you agree that blacks should receive preferential treatment in every facet of life then you will get along just fine with our black race mongers (carol thomas, paul brown, bo alfred, howard graham, oveal whitaker, terry williams, jessie haynes, etc)
[/quote]
For the record...This guy isn't from PNG! He appears to be from Beaumont.