Port Neches-Groves vs. Manvel Game Thread/Manvel Advances 56-46/Comments

WOSgrad

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="bleed orange" post="920976" timestamp="1290917583"]
[quote author=AggiesWeAreNot link=topic=76698.msg920905#msg920905 date=1290916298]
[quote author=1KatKiller link=topic=76698.msg920803#msg920803 date=1290914405]
I said earlier that Manvel's offense was very similar to Willis' offense and it would be alot of speed and spreading the field...obviously,PNG's defense 1) has been on the field too much since the O can't seem to get anyting going..2) cannot match the speed & athleticism of Manvel's O......it happens.
[/quote]
Let me guess, Manvel has black kids so automatically PNG "cannot match the speed and athleticism"?
[/quote]

This is a funny statement and one I have been waiting for. "Remember the Titans", To me a team that has all races will succeed the most. What I mean by that is, it should be equal across the board, no dominate race. Those are the teams that dominate on a regular bases. I hate the term more "Athletic"  What is that? Do you people think God made one race more athletic than the other? That is the same as saying one race is smarter than the other.  We are equal, it is what you do with yourself that seperates you from the weak. The strong survive the weak do not. Plain and simple.
[/quote]

Well actually that's incorrect. African Americans have a high ratio of fast twitch fibers to slow twitch fibers. Fast twitch fibers are better for things like jumping and sprinting.. Their ratios are something like 90/10.. Whites have about a 50/50 ratio...

Guest bleed orange
[quote name="GoDogs27" post="921046" timestamp="1290919306"]
[quote author=bleed orange link=topic=76698.msg920976#msg920976 date=1290917583]
[quote author=AggiesWeAreNot link=topic=76698.msg920905#msg920905 date=1290916298]
[quote author=1KatKiller link=topic=76698.msg920803#msg920803 date=1290914405]
I said earlier that Manvel's offense was very similar to Willis' offense and it would be alot of speed and spreading the field...obviously,PNG's defense 1) has been on the field too much since the O can't seem to get anyting going..2) cannot match the speed & athleticism of Manvel's O......it happens.
[/quote]
Let me guess, Manvel has black kids so automatically PNG "cannot match the speed and athleticism"?
[/quote]

This is a funny statement and one I have been waiting for. "Remember the Titans", To me a team that has all races will succeed the most. What I mean by that is, it should be equal across the board, no dominate race. Those are the teams that dominate on a regular bases. I hate the term more "Athletic"  What is that? Do you people think God made one race more athletic than the other? That is the same as saying one race is smarter than the other.  We are equal, it is what you do with yourself that seperates you from the weak. The strong survive the weak do not. Plain and simple.
[/quote]

Well actually that's incorrect. African Americans have a high ratio of fast twitch fibers to slow twitch fibers. Fast twitch fibers are better for things like jumping and sprinting.. Their ratios are something like 90/10.. Whites have about a 50/50 ratio...
[/quote]

I disagree.

I don't think anyone is trying to make it into a 'racial' thing.. I was just pointing out that its not completely mentality that dominates athleticism.. Yeah its a big part but genetics is also a factor.. The claim that 'God doesn't make one race more athletic than another' is false..

Guest bleed orange
[quote name="Versey Ledbetter" post="921054" timestamp="1290919760"]
Really???  Aren't we past the race thing? 
[/quote]

Apparently some people are not. I think people are past the race "thing" just not the "athletic" thing. I mean why does race have to be mentioned in a sporting event? Just wondering??????????

Guest bleed orange
[quote name="GoDogs27" post="921059" timestamp="1290919971"]
I don't think anyone is trying to make it into a 'racial' thing.. I was just pointing out that its not completely mentality that dominates athleticism.. Yeah its a big part but genetics is also a factor.. The claim that 'God doesn't make one race more athletic than another' is false..
[/quote]

Dumbest post I have ever read.

Guest bleed orange
[quote name="GoDogs27" post="921059" timestamp="1290919971"]
[/quote]

So you are saying God did not make men equal?

[quote name="JARobinson" post="920860" timestamp="1290915671"]
#36 Padila for PNG ejected.
[/quote]

Manvel is dirty - PNG player gets ejected???? There is a story behind the story. Wait and talk to your players before you jump to conclusions. Referee friend who called this game said the mouths were workiing OT, players and coaches.

Guest bleed orange
[quote name="fwstangs" post="921069" timestamp="1290920641"]
[quote author=JARobinson link=topic=76698.msg920860#msg920860 date=1290915671]
#36 Padila for PNG ejected.
[/quote]

Manvel is dirty - PNG player gets ejected???? There is a story behind the story. Wait and talk to your players before you jump to conclusions. Referee friend who called this game said the mouths were workiing OT, players and coaches.
[/quote]

I agree, always two sides to a story. ;D ;D

[quote name="bleed orange" post="921068" timestamp="1290920513"]
[quote author=GoDogs27 link=topic=76698.msg921059#msg921059 date=1290919971]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Correct.. That's exactly what I'm saying.. If we were all equal, then we would all look the same, nobody would have birth defects, and we would all have the same iq.. Its only my opinion though. Everyone has their own.

Safety. Two TD's. Two 2 point conversions. Congrats to Manvel. For all their talent they are the dirtiest team I have ever seen. I am not sure how Manvel can have two players get penalized for punches to the head of our players and Padia gets ejected for protecting himself. Also Thompson gets a personal foul for pumping his fists while #17 taunted the ENTIRE game. A whole lot of talk for a player who made one catch. Like I said lots of talent, just hate seeing such bad attitudes and poor sportsmanship.

[quote name="akifan94" post="921085" timestamp="1290921515"]
Safety. Two TD's. Two 2 point conversions. Congrats to Manvel. For all their talent they are the dirtiest team I have ever seen. I am not sure how Manvel can have two players get penalized for punches to the head of our players and Padia gets ejected for protecting himself. Also Thompson gets a personal foul for pumping his fists while #17 taunted the ENTIRE game. A whole lot of talk for a player who made one catch. Like I said lots of talent, just hate seeing such bad attitudes and poor sportsmanship.
[/quote]
And for PNG, there was no bad attitude and poor sportmanship? It kinda went both ways.

Guest bleed orange
[quote name="GoDogs27" post="921083" timestamp="1290921440"]
[quote author=bleed orange link=topic=76698.msg921068#msg921068 date=1290920513]
[quote author=GoDogs27 link=topic=76698.msg921059#msg921059 date=1290919971]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Correct.. That's exactly what I'm saying.. If we were all equal, then we would all look the same, nobody would have birth defects, and we would all have the same iq.. Its only my opinion though. Everyone has their own.
[/quote]

OK, now I can tell you are a kid. We do all look the same. Just a different color. I don't see color, I see a person.

[quote name="akifan94" post="921085" timestamp="1290921515"]
[/quote]

I agree.  I apologized to everyone on the board because of my emotion, but the jabs to the head by the Manvel players was uncalled for.  Then, the refs were called to the sidelines, talked to the Manvel coaches for 5 mins..the next two plays, personal fouls were called on PNG.  For what? No explanation.  I was upset, but can't do anything about it. I caution LaMarque, however, to get ready for the head jabs, blocks in the back, etc.